一、 词形转换 （10）
refer （名词）________________ operate （名词）________________
voluntary （名词）______________ awareness （形容词________________ accessible （形容词）________________ poverty （形容词）________________
urgent （名词）________________ （副词）________________
honor （形容词）________________ （名词）________________
二、 单词拼写 （10）
1. He went to town with the p_________ of buying a new television.
2. I think this book is w ________ of being read.
3. Everybody is a___________ of the importance of the Four Modernizations.
4. In the past, mails came to this r___________ mountain village once a month.
5. She is a v_____________ worker at the hospital so she gets no pay for her work.
6. This is a matter of great ___________ (紧急的)
7. She says she helps only the ______________(值得) poor.
8. For the French team, winning tomorrow’s game is a matter of national ______________(荣誉)
9. Much ______________(劳动) went into the building of the pyramids.
10. Many children have to leave school because of p ______________.
1. Look! The man we referred to _________ here.
A came B coming C is coming D comes
2. The Beatles, _________ many of you are old enough to remember, came from Liverpool.
A what B that C how D as
3. ___________ in the accident, the unfortunate driver felt upset.
A Involving B To involve C Involved D Being involved
4. The UN________ a charter that had four main purposes operates programmes to help people around the world.
A basing on B bases on C based on D is based on
5. ________ the earth, there are seven other planets in the solar systems.
A In addition B Part from C Beside D In addition to
6. My visits will encourage people _________ the project to devote themselves to it.
A to work on B working on C being working D work
7. We are going to have a party in celebration Tom’s birthday this weekend and your coming will _________ our pleasure.
A add up to B add C add up D add to
8. For all these years I have been working for others. I’m hoping I’ll _________ my own business someday.
A turn up B fix up C set up D make up
9. __________ disappointed his parents was _________ he didn’t pass the examination.
A That… what B That… which C Which… that D What… that
10. They have discussed for several years of drafting a new law to control the pollution, but when it wil be __________ is still unknown.
A put to use B put in effect C put into operation D put forward.
11. When I looked at him, I _______ myself many years ago.
A reminded B though C saw D understood.
12. The stadium which was ________ the club’s first chairman was built ten years ago.
A in honor of B instead of C in favor of D by means of
13. Albert Einstein was _______ to leave his homeland ________ political reasons during the Second World War.
A forced… for B forced …because C inspired...Because D inspired … for
14. All his friends tried their best to persuade him not to ________ more work because of his poor health.
A insist on B turn on C take on D come on
15 You know, he doesn’t _________ money. His unhappiness is for __________ courage to face the fact.
A lack of, lack B lack, lack of C lack, shortage of D lack of, a shortage of
16. —We to have you here tonight.
—Thank you and it is for me to be invited.
A. honour; honourable B. honour; an honour
C. are honoured; honourable D. are honoured; an honour