搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 生活大爆炸第二季01剧本

生活大爆炸第二季01剧本


看生活大爆炸学英语第二季 1集 The Bad Fish Paradigm


-Leonard: So you see, what you are eating is not technically yogurt, because it doesn't have enough live acidophilus cultures.
technically: 技术上的,学术上的 yogurt: 酸奶 acidophilus: 嗜酸的
你喝的不是酸奶,因为没有足够的乳酸菌,
It's really just ice milk with carrageenan added for thickness.
carrageenan: 卡拉胶 thickness: 厚度
其实不过是用卡拉胶加稠的冻牛奶罢了。
-Penny: Oh, that's very interesting.
真有趣啊。
-Leonard: It's also not pink and has no berries.
berry: 浆果类
不仅颜色不对,也没有果肉。
-Penny: Yeah, but it doesn't really answer my question.
是,但你并没有正面回答我的问题。
-Leonard: What was your question again?
你问的啥?
-Penny: Do you want some?
来点不?
-Leonard: Oh... Right. No. I'm lactose intolerant. Right. So, gas.
lactose: 乳糖 intolerant: 不能容忍的(偏执的)
对啊,还是算了我有乳糖不耐症是啊,遗憾啊。
-Penny: Yeah, got it.
明白了。
-Leonard: Well... good night.
好吧,晚安了。
-Penny: What are you doing?
你这是干吗?
-Leonard: Oh, there's a draft.
这儿凉快
-Penny: I didn't feel a draft.
我怎么没觉着。
-Leonard: Why don't we just go into, uh, your...
我们何不去...你....
-Penny: Oh. Yeah, you know what; maybe we should slow things down a little.
slow down: 减速
你知道吗?也许我们该放慢点速度。
-Leonard: No, no, I didn't mean to go into your apartment to go fast.
apartment: 公寓
不,我不是说要去你的公寓去"加速"。
-Penny: No, I know. I know what you meant, it's just... this is only our first date.
date: 约会
我知道,我明白你的意思,只是这才是我们第一次约会。
-Leonard: Yeah, okay, sure, no problem. Why don't we just figure out where we're going and when we want to get there?
figure out: 算出,想出,理解
恩,好的,明白那我们不如想下接下来如何以及要用多久才可以到达。
And then rate of speed equals distance over time. Solve for R.
distance: 距离
通过路程和时间计算出我们的速度。解决了。
-Penny: Or we could just wing it.
wing: [美国俚语]临时准备;临时凑成
或者我们走一步看一步呢。
-Leonard: That might work, too.
这样应该也行。
-Penny: Good night, Leonard.
晚安,Leonard。
-Leonard: Good night.
晚安。
-Raj: He's coming-- screensaver!
screensaver: 屏幕保护动画
他过来了,快开屏保。
-Howard: Oh, hey, Leonard. How was your date?
嘿!Leonard,约会如何?
-Leonard: Bite me. Sheldon, how could you just sit there Sheldon and let them spy on me?
bite me : 去死了你(过来打我吧) spy: 暗中监视,暗中观察
关你鸟事。你怎么能坐在那里放纵他们窥视我呢?
-Sheldon: They were clever, Leonard. They exploited my complete lack of interest

in what you were doing.
lack of: 缺乏
他们聪明啊,Leonard。竟然发现了我对你的鸟事完全没兴趣。
-Howard: You should thank us. When future generations try to determine why your relationship with Penny crashed and burned this right here is the black box.
generation: 后代 determine: 决定,确定 crash and burn: 彻底失败;累垮
你应该感谢我们的,当后代们想要搞清楚你和Penny从相恋到失恋是怎么个过程时,这可就是"黑匣子"啊。
-Leonard: What are you talking about? The date went fine.
你在说什么啊? 约会进行得很顺利
-Raj: Dude, she said she wants to slow things down.
伙计,她可说了她想慢下来。
-Leonard: Okay, so she said she wants to slow things down.
好吧,她说想把发展速度慢下来,
It's like saying, "I'm really enjoying this meal. I'm going to slow down and savor it."
savor: 尽情享受
就像在说 "这顿饭太美妙了,我真想把时间停下尽情享受。"
-Howard: No, it's like, "This fish tastes bad, so I'm gonna slow down and spit it out."
gonna=going to spit out: 吐出
不,她是想说“这些臭鱼真难吃。我可得慢下来,吐个干净。”
-Raj: You being the fish.
你就是那鱼。
-Leonard: I'm not the fish.
我才不是。
-Howard: Oh, really? Did you make a second date?
真的吗? 那你约好下一次了吗?
-Leonard: Well, no, we sort of decided to wing it.
sort of: 有几分地(稍稍,到某种程度) wing it: 随机应变
恩,还没,我们决定走一步看一步。
-Sheldon: Oh, even I know that's lame.
lame: 跛足的,僵痛的,不完全的
天,连我都知道那是个废话。
-Leonard: Okay, all right, let's assume your hypothesis. We went to dinner, we talked, we laughed, we kissed.
assume: 假定,设想 hypothesis: 假设
好吧,我们就按照你们的假说来设想,我们一起去吃晚饭,开心地聊天还接吻了。
Where could I have possibly gone wrong?
possibly: 可能地,也许
我能有哪里做得不对啊?
-Howard: Think back, Leonard. The littlest things can set women off. Like, "Hey, the
waitress is hot;
set off: 引起;激起 waitress: 女服务员
再想想Leonard,最小的细节也能触动女人的,就像 "看这个服务员真辣阿
I bet we could get her to come home with us."
I bet: 我确信;我敢打赌
我敢说咱们可以带上她一起回家。"
Or, "How much does your mom weigh? I want to know what I'm getting into."
weigh: 重量 get into: 进入
或者 "你妈妈多重? 我只是想进一步了解'未来的你'"
-Leonard: I didn't say anything like that.
我可没有这么说。
-Howard: Good, 'cause they don't work.
‘cause=because
好的,因为这些话一点用都没有。
-Raj: They also don't care for it. If you stare at them and hyperventilate. Sadly, that's my
home run swing.
stare at: 凝视 hyperventilate: 换气过度;强力呼吸
如果你死盯着她们大喘粗气也会

令她们讨厌的,很遗憾我们全家都这个德行。
-Leonard: Look, everything went fine. I didn't even have to refer to my impromptu conversation starters. That woman across the hall is into me.
refer to: 涉及 impromptu: 即席的,即兴的 conversation: 对话 be into: 喜欢,被迷住
嘿!一切都很顺利的,我甚至都没有用上我的即兴开场白,走廊对面那个女孩子看上我了!
-Howard: Let's go to the tape. Look at her reaction to the good night kiss.
reaction: 反应
我们还是看录像算了,瞧她对那个"我和你吻别在无人的夜" 的反应吧,
No change in respiration, pupils un-dilated, no flushing of the chest.
respiration: 呼吸 pupil: 瞳孔 dilated: 加宽的, 扩大的 flush: 流溢,面红,旺盛
我呼吸无变化,瞳孔无放大,胸部无抖动。
-Raj: Nice close-up, by the way.
close-up: 特写镜头
不过你这大特写可拍得真好。
-Sheldon: Interesting. Her jaws are clenched, no tongue access. Clearly a bad sign amongst mating humans.
jaw: 咽喉 clench: 牢牢抓住,钉紧 tongue: 舌头 access: 进入 mating: 交配
有趣啊,她咬紧牙关写着"打死我舌头也不让进",对交配期的人类来说无疑是个坏兆头。
-Leonard: That's not a bad sign.
才不是你说的那样。
-Sheldon: Please, you might as well have been two iguanas with no dewlap enlargement.
iguana: 美洲大蜥蜴 dewlap: 垂肉 enlargement: 扩大
得了吧,你俩还不如当两只没有双下巴的大蜥蜴算了。
-Raj: And the worst sign of all is you're here and not there.
最糟糕的是,你现在在这里,而不是"那里。"
-Leonard: I'm not there. Because I'm taking things slow, which, by the way, compared to you guys, approaches warp speed. And take down that camera.
Compare to: 对比 approach: 途径,方法 warp: 弯,歪曲
我不在"那里。"因为我想慢慢来。不过话说回来,对你们来说,这已经是飞速了。拜托把那个摄像头拆了!
-Raj: He was a lot more fun when he had no hope.
他绝望的时候好玩多了。
-Howard: Give him time.
给他点时间吧。
-Penny: Hi.
嗨。
-Sheldon: Oh, hi, Penny. FYI, the hot water is inadequate on machine two so colors only,
inadequate: 不够的
嗨!Penny。顺便提醒一下二号机热水不够,只能洗带颜色的,
and four is still releasing the fabric softener too early in the cycle, so I'd avoid using that for your delicates.
release: 释放 fabric: 织物,布,结构 softener: 软化剂,柔软剂 avoid: 避免 delicate: 雅致的,精致的
还有四号机仍然会提前流出柔顺剂,所以你那些好衣服就别用这一台洗了。
-Penny: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Sheldon: Oh, good Lord...why don't you just take your clothes down to the river and beat them with a rock?
上帝啊,为什么你不直接把衣服脱掉,用河里的石头"敲"干净。
-Penny: Sheldon, can I ask you a question?
Sheldon,能问你个事吗?
-S

heldon: I would prefer that you not, but I won't go so far as to forbid it.
forbid: 禁止,不准
我宁愿你不问,但是我不会阻止你的。
-Penny: All right, I heard yes, so...Okay, here’s my question. Has Leonard ever dated, you know, a regular girl?
regular: 正规的
好吧,那你是答应了;好的,我的问题是:Leonard是否曾经和一个正常的女孩约会过呢?
-Sheldon: Well, I assume you're not referring to digestive regularity. Because I've come to learn that such inquiries are inappropriate.
refer to: 涉及 digestive: 消化的 regularity: 有规则,匀整,调和 inquiry: 打听,询问 inappropriate: 不适当的
我想你不是指"消化正常"吧? 因为我觉得这样问不太合适。
-Penny: No, I meant, has he ever been involved with someone who wasn't a brainiac?
involve with: 涉及 brainiac: 异常聪明的人
不,没有。我是说他有没有和一个不是"大脑发达"的女孩交往过?
-Sheldon: Oh! Well, a few years ago, he did go out with a woman who had a PhD in French literature.
PhD=Doctor of Philosophy
几年之前他倒是和一个法国文学女博士约会过。
-Penny: How is that not a brainiac?
那怎么能叫做"非大脑发达"?
-Sheldon: Well, for one thing, she was French. For another, it was literature.
for one thing, for another: 首先,其次 literature: 文学
第一个原因,她是法国人;第二个原因,文学诶。
-Penny: So... do you think that if Leonard and I keep dating, he'll eventually get bored with me?
eventually: 最后
那么...你觉得如果Leonard和我继续约会,最终他会对我失去兴趣吗?
-Sheldon: That depends.
那得看情况了。
-Penny: On what?
看什么?
-Sheldon: Do you have a working knowledge of quantum physics?
knowledge: 知识 quantum: 分配量,额,量 physics: 物理
你具备量子物理的知识吗?
-Penny: No.
不。
-Sheldon: Do you speak Klingon?
那你会说"克林贡语"吗? (星际迷航)
-Penny: No.
不会。
-Sheldon: You know any card tricks?
trick: 恶作剧
会变扑克牌戏法吗?
-Penny: Okay, you know what... I get it.
好吧,我知道了。
Leonard has no business being involved with a waitress-slash-actress who felt so insecure that she lied to him about finishing community college.
slash: 斜线 insecure: 不安全的 community: 社区
Leonard和一个骗他说是社区大学毕业的,自我感觉不良好的服务员/演员没有任何共同点。
-Sheldon: Why would you lie about that?
这你干吗要撒谎啊?
-Penny: Well, he was going on and on about this college and that grad school, and I... I didn't want him to think I was some kind of stupid loser.
grad school:研究生院,研究所
他不停地说这个大学,那个研究生院而我... 我不想他把我看作一个失败的笨蛋。
-Sheldon: You thought the opposite of "stupid loser" was "community college graduate"?
opposite: 反面的
你认为"失败的笨蛋"的

反义词是,社区大学毕业?
-Penny: You know, there are a lot of successful people in this country who are community college graduates.
我们国家有好多成功人士,都是社区大学毕业的。
-Sheldon: Yeah, but you are neither.
是啊,但你以上皆不是啊。
-Penny: Right. Okay, look, this is between you and me. You cannot tell Leonard any of this.
好吧,这次谈话你知我知,你千万不能跟Leonard说。
-Sheldon: You're asking me to keep a secret?
你在让我帮你保守秘密?
-Penny: Yeah.
是啊。
-Sheldon: Well, I'm sorry, but you would have had to express that desire before revealing the secret,
desire: 愿望,欲望 reveal: 显示,透露
我很抱歉,但... 但是你应该先说清楚啊。
so that I could choose whether or not I wanted to accept the covenant of secret keeping.
covenant: 盟约,契约
好让我决定是听还是不听再来答应你啊;
You can't impose a secret on an ex post facto basis.
impose: 强加 ex post facto: 事后地, 追溯地
你不能事后再告诉人家这是秘密啊。
-Penny: What?
什么?
-Sheldon: Secret keeping is a complicated endeavor. One has to be concerned not only
about what one says, but about facial expressions, autonomic reflexes.
complicated: 复杂的 endeavor: 努力,尽力 facial expression: 面部表情 facial: 面部的 autonomic: 自治的,自律的 reflex: 反射
保密是个复杂的过程,保密的人不仅要注意自己的言辞,还要注意面部表情,下意识的反应。
When I try to deceive, I myself have more nervous tics than a Lyme disease research facility. It’s a joke.
Deceive: 欺骗 facility: 设备
我撒谎的时候,身上紧张的”虱子” 要比一台莱姆病研究设备还多,这是个笑话。
It relies on the homonymic relationship between “tick,” the bloodsucking arachnid, and “tic,” the involuntary muscular contraction.
rely on: 信赖,依靠 homonymic: 同音异义字的,同名的 bloodsucking: 吸血的 arachnid: 属于蜘蛛类的节肢动物 involuntary: 自然而然的 contraction: 收缩
只是同音不同义,tick是指吸血蜘蛛,而tic是肌肉自然的抽动,
I made it up myself.
make up: 编造
我自己编的。
-Penny: Okay, look, if Leonard finds out that I lied, I will absolutely die of embarrassment.
absolutely: 绝对地 embarrassment: 尴尬
如果Leonard发现我撒谎了,我会因尴尬而死的。
-Sheldon: Physiologically impossible.
physiologically: 生理上
从生理上说,不可能的事情。
-Penny: Oh, Sheldon, please. Look, I am asking you as a friend.
Sheldon 拜托了,我是在向你请求朋友的帮助。
-Sheldon: So you're saying that friendship contains within it an inherent obligation to maintain confidences?
inherent: 内在的,固有的 obligation: 义务
那么你是说朋友之间就应该为彼此保密?
-Penny: Well, yeah.
对啊。
-Sheldon: Interesting. One more question, a

nd perhaps I should have led with this. When did we become friends?
真有意思。还有一个问题,也许我应该这样问:我们啥时候成朋友了?
-Sheldon: i.e., I couldn't become Green Lantern unless I was chosen by the Guardians of Oa,
也就是说,除非被OA星的守护者选中;否则我就不会成为"绿灯侠"。
but given enough start-up capital and an adequate research facility, I could be Batman.
start-up: 启动 adequate: 足够的 research facility: 研究设备
但是拥有足够的资金和一些优良的设备,我就能当"蝙蝠侠"了。
-Leonard: You could be Batman?
你能当蝙蝠侠?
-Sheldon: Sure. I'm Batman. See?
当然啦,我就是蝙-蝠-侠。怎么样?
-Penny: Hi, guys.
嘿,伙计们。
-Leonard: Hey.
嗨。
-Sheldon: Hi, Penny.
你好,Penny。
-Leonard: Penny, if you're not doing anything Friday night, I thought maybe we could go
to see a movie.
Penny,如果这周五你没事的话,我们去看场电影如何?
-Penny: Oh, um, you know, I think I have the dinner shift on Friday.
shift: 移动,转变
噢,周五我晚餐时间要上班。
-Leonard: Okay, what about Saturday?
好的,那周六呢?
-Penny: You know, I'm not sure; the manager hasn't posted the schedule yet. How about
let you know?
schedule: 时间表
我也不清楚啊,经理还没排好班呢,我会告诉你的。
-Leonard: Great. Okay. So you just let me know when you know. Okay, so... Oh, God, I am the bad fish.
你一知道就要告诉我啊。好吧,那... 天哪,我就是那"臭鱼"。
-Leonard: What did I do wrong?
我做错了什么啊?
-Sheldon: Why are you asking me? I have no information about your interactions with Penny other than what you have provided me,
interaction: 相互作用,相互影响 other than: 除了
问我干什么?我可不知道任何你和Penny的事情;除了你自己告诉我的,
nor do I have any method of learning such things.
其他的我怎么可能知道?
-Leonard: What does that mean?
那是啥意思?
-Sheldon: Nothing. You seem to be implying an informational back-channel between me and Penny where obviously none exists.
imply: 暗示 obviously: 明显地
没啥意思,你说得好象我和Penny私下里互通有无一样,可明显根本就没有!
-Leonard: No, I didn't. I just think you need to be careful how you phrase things, sir.
phrase: 表达,叙述
我可不是这么想的,我觉得你该注意自己的表达方式了,伙计。
-Leonard: What's going on with you?
What's going on with you: 你怎么了?【口语常用语】
你到底怎么了?
-Sheldon: I might ask you the same question. Why do you insist on attempting to drag me into matters which have nothing to do with me?
insist on: 坚持 attempt to: 企图,试图 drag into: 把……拉进
我还正想问你呢,你为什么不停的想把我拉下水,这些事跟我没有一点关系,
but exist between you and Penny, a person t

o whom I barely speak?
barely: 几乎不
都是你和Penny之间的事情,而我跟她都不怎么说话。
-Leonard: What's wrong with your face?
你的脸怎么了?
-Sheldon: There's no reason to bring my looks into this. Good day, Leonard.
没什么东西把我弄成"这样",祝你愉快,Leonard。
-Leonard: What?
啥?
-Penny: I said, "Good day."
我说祝你愉快。
-Leonard: Good day?
祝你愉快?
-Penny: Also today, we have a fresh-caught Alaska salmon, and that's served with a teriyaki glaze and sticky rice. Our soup of the day is...
salmon: 三文鱼 teriyaki: 红烧的 glaze: 釉,覆罩的一层 sticky: 粘的,粘性的
今天我们还有新鲜的阿拉斯加三文鱼,淋上照烧酱配糯米饭,今天的汤是...
-Sheldon: You must release me from my oath.
release: 释放 oath: 誓言
你必须解除我的誓约。
-Penny: Sheldon, I'm working.
Sheldon,我在工作。
-Sheldon: Why don't you take a minute to decide?
你们可以慢慢决定。
-Penny: Oh, my...
天。
-Sheldon: I can't keep your secret, Penny. I'm going to fold like an energy-based de novo
protein in conformational space.
keep the/a secret: 保守秘密 fold: 折叠 protein: 蛋白质 de novo : (拉)重新;更始
conformational: 构造的
Penny,我没法帮你保密了我就快像构象空间里的内源蛋白一样折叠了,
Like a Renaissance tryptich. Like a cheap suit.
renaissance:文艺复兴
就像文艺复兴时期的三联画屏(折叠的) ,像套便宜西装。
-Penny: Look, why is it so hard for you to keep one little secret?
我说叫你保守一个小秘密就那么难吗?
-Sheldon: I'm constitutionally incapable. That's why I was refused clearance for a very prestigious government research fellowship
constitutionally: 本质地,天生,体质上 incapable: 本质地,天生,体质上 prestigious: 享有声望的 fellowship: 奖学金
我天生做不到,所以之前我才申请不到那个由政府设立奖学金,
at a secret military supercollider located beneath a fake agricultural station 12.5 miles southeast of Traverse City, Michigan,
supercollider: 超对撞机 beneath: 在…下面 fake: 假的 agricultural: 农业的
隐藏在密歇根Traverse城东南面12.5英里处的农业中心地下的机密军用超级对撞机的项目。
which you did not hear about from me.
你什么都没听到。
-Penny: Look, just forget I told you about me... not graduating from community college, okay?
听着,你就把我说过不是从社区大学毕业,这件事忘了不行吗?
-Sheldon: Forget? You want me to forget? This mind does not forget.
忘掉? 你要我忘掉? 这个脑袋不会忘记。
I haven't forgotten a single thing since the day my mother stopped breastfeeding me. It was a drizzly Tuesday.
breastfeeding: 母乳喂养 drizzly: 下毛毛雨的
从我断奶那一天开始的任何事情我都没忘记,那是个下着毛毛雨的星期二。
-Penny: Okay... L

ook, you promised me you would keep my secret, so you're just gonna have to figure out a way to do it.
好了,听着,你答应会为我保密的,那你就得自己想办法做到这一点。
-Sheldon: Lenorad, I'm moving out.
Lenorad,我要搬出去了。
-Leonard: what do you mean you're moving out? Why?
什么叫你要搬出去? 为什么?
-Sheldon: There doesn't have to be a reason.
这不需要什么理由。
-Leonard: Yeah, there kinda does.
kinda=kind of
不,需要点什么的。
-Sheldon: Not necessarily. This is a classic example of Munchausen's Trilemma.
classic: 经典的 Trilemma: n. 三难选择的窘境;三难困境;[逻]三难推理
没有那个必要,这是Munchausen三难问题的经典范例。
Either the reason is predicated on a series of sub-reasons leading to an infinite regression,
predict: 预知,预言,预报 series: 连续,系列 lead to: 导致infinite: 无限循的 regression: 回归
要么是一个依赖于一串子逻辑,导致无限循回的推理;
or it tracks back to arbitrary axiomatic statements, or it's ultimately circular, i.e. I'm moving out because I'm moving out.
arbitrary: 任意的 axiomatic: 公理的 ultimate: 最后的 circular: 循环的
要么就是一切逆向推理回到一个任意公理,要么一切根本就是一个循环。即:因为我要搬出去所以我要搬出去。
-Leonard: I'm still confused.
confuse: 混乱,狼狈,困惑
我还是不明白。
-Sheldon: Leonard, I don't see how I could have made it any simpler.
Leonard,我不知道怎么才能说得更简单了。
-Howard: Hey, qu'est que s'up?
嘿!你们好吗?
-Raj: We just got back from that exhibit of those plasticized human cadavers.
exhibit: 展览品 plasticize: 增塑 cadaver: 尸体
我们刚从那个塑化的尸体模型展览回来。
-Howard: And some of those skinless chicks were Hot!
那边一些剥了皮的美女实在是性感极了!
-Sheldon: If you'll excuse me, I'm going to pack.
你们不介意的话我去打包了。
-Howard: That's kind of an overreaction to a little harmless necrophilia.
overreaction: 反应过度 harmless: 无害的 necrophilia: 恋尸癖
反应过度了吧,只不过是一点无害的恋尸癖而已。
-Leonard: It's not you, Howard. He says he's moving out.
不是因为你。Howard,他说要搬出去。
-Raj: What did you do? Did you change the contrast or brightness settings on the television?
contrast: 对比度 brightness: 亮度
你干了什么?重调了电视的亮度或者对比度?
-Leonard: No.
没有。
-Howard: Did you take a Band-Aid off in front of him?
Band-Aid: n. [商标]邦迪创可贴
在他面前撕创可贴?
-Leonard: No.
没有。
-Howard: Did you buy generic ketchup, forget to rinse the sink, talk to him through the bathroom door?
generic: 一般的,普通的,共有的 ketchup: 蕃茄酱等 rinse: 清洗
买了天然番茄酱,忘了刷水池,或者从浴室里和他说话?
-Raj:

Adjust the thermostat, cook with cilantro, pronounce the "t" in often?
thermostat: 恒温计 cilantro: 芫荽叶
乱调温度计,烧饭用香菜,还是说often的时候发了"t"的音?
-Leonard: No.
没有。
-Howard: Did you make fun of trains?
你开火车的玩笑了?
-Leonard: No, I didn't do anything. He's just gone insane.
insane: 疯狂的,精神错乱的
没有,我什么都没干,他就是发疯了。
-Raj: Well, we all knew this day was coming.
哦,我们都知道总会有这一天的。
-Leonard: Well, that was fast.
收拾这么快。
-Sheldon: It's my pre-packed disaster evacuation bag. It's recommended by the Department of Homeland Security. And Sarah Connor.
evacuation: 撤离,疏散 recommend: 推荐 department: 部门
这是我事先准备的紧急疏散包,是国土安全部推荐过的,还有Sarah Connor(终结者女主角)。
-Leonard: Where are you going to live?
你准备去哪里住?
-Sheldon: Until I find a permanent place, I will stay with friends.
permanent: 固定的
我去朋友那里,直到找到固定住所为止。
-Howard: Bye.
再见。
-Raj: Well... you can't stay with me. I have a teeny-tiny apartment.
teeny: 极小的(微小的) apartment: 公寓
你不能和我住,我那里只有一丁点大。
-Sheldon: Excuse me, but isn't hosting guests an aspect of "manushya yajna," one of the five central religious duties or sacrifices of the Hindu householder?
aspect: 方面 religious: 宗教的 sacrifice: 牺牲 Hindu: 印度人(的)
不好意思, 热情待客难道不是manushya yajna的一个方面吗? 那不是印度教家庭的五大宗教戒律之一么?
-Raj: I hate trains.
我讨厌火车。
-Sheldon: Don't be ridiculous, you love trains.
ridiculous: 荒谬的,可笑的
少胡说八道,你喜欢火车的。
-Raj: Yes, I do. Come on. See you later, Leonard.
好吧,是的来吧,回头见,Leonard。
-Leonard: This could work.
这样也不错。
-Sheldon: This is a very old building.
这栋建筑很老。
-Raj: 60 years. It used to be a watch factory.
used to be: 过去,曾经是
有六十年了,这里曾经是个钟表厂。
-Sheldon: Uh-oh.
糟糕。
-Raj: What?
怎么了?
-Sheldon: Don't you worry about the residual radium from the luminous dials?
residual: 残余的,剩余的 radium: 镭 luminous: 发光的,发亮的
你不担心制作荧光表盘的残余辐射吗?
-Raj: Not until now!
留到现在?!
-Sheldon: I can't believe I didn't bring my Geiger counter. I had it on my bed and I didn't pack it.
Geiger counter: 盖格计数器(用于测量放射性)
天哪,我竟然没带盖革计数管,就放在床上竟然没放进行李!
-Raj: Well, if you're not comfortable staying here, Sheldon...
comfortable: 舒服的
如果你不想待在这里,Sheldon…
-Sheldon: I'm kidding, I packed it. It was a joke. I was subverting the conversational expectations.
subvert: 推翻,颠覆 conversational: 对话的

开玩笑的,我带了。刚才是个笑话,我只是在转换对话的方向。
I believe they call that the, uh, ol' switcharoo.
我相信这应该叫做ol' switcharoo(出其不意)。
-Raj: Terrific.
好极了。
-Sheldon: Is that woman Aishwarya Rai?
那是 Aishwarya Rai?
-Raj: Yes, isn't she an amazing actress?
amazing: 令人惊异的
没错,她是个了不起的演员。
-Sheldon: Actually, I'd say she's a poor man's Madhuri Dixit.
其实我觉得她就是可怜鬼心中的Madhuri Dixit.
-Raj: How dare you! Aishwarya Rai is a goddess. By comparison, Madhuri Dixit is a leprous prostitute.
goddess: 女神 comparison: 对比 leprous: 麻疯病的 prostitute: 妓女
你敢这么说! Aishwarya Rai是女神,和她比起来,Madhuri Dixit 就是个得了麻风病的妓女。
-Sheldon: Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Obviously, you're not that familiar with Indian cinema.
offend: 冒犯 obviously: 明显地 be familiar with: 对…熟悉
对不起,我没有冒犯的意思,可是显然你不了解印度电影
-Howard: Who is it?
谁?
-Sheldon: Stripper-Gram!
脱衣舞女。
-Raj: Tag, you're it.
tag: 标签
接着,交给你了。
-Howard: Shouldn't you put him in a brown paper bag and set him on fire?!
你不是应该把他用油纸包起来烧掉吗?
-Sheldon: I've never slept on an air mattress before. No lumbar support whatsoever.
air mattress: 气垫,充气床 lumbar: 腰的 whatsoever: (用于否定句中以加强语气)任何
我从来没睡过充气垫,没有任何木支架。
-Howard: Maybe you'd be happier on a park bench.
bench: 板凳
可能你会更喜欢公园的长凳。
-Sheldon: I don't see any way to get a park bench in here.
我不知道怎样才能弄一张长凳进来。
-Howard: Do you want to switch?
switch: 交换
你要换吗?
-Sheldon: No, that's fine. I'm perfectly comfortable sleeping on a bouncy castle.
perfectly: 完美地 bouncy castle: 弹性城堡 bouncy: 跳跃的
不,没关系,我一点也不介意睡跳跳床。
-Howard: Get out of bed. We're switching.
起来,我们换。怎么了?
-Sheldon: Now, only if you want to.
如果你真的想换。
-Howard: Just get in the bed!
你上床去就是了。
-Howard’s mother: What's going on? Are you boys roughhousing?
roughhouse: 大吵大闹,骚乱,大打出手
你们想拆房子吗?
-Howard: We're just talking, Ma!
妈,我们只是在聊天。
-Howard’s mother: If you don't settle down right now, I'm not going to let you have any more sleepovers!
sleepover: 在别人家里过夜的人
你们给我马上老实下来,不然下次不许带朋友回来住。
-Howard: For God's sake, Ma, I'm 27 years old! And it's not even a school night! Comfy now?
comfy=comfortable 舒服的,轻松的
看在上帝的份上,妈,我二十七岁了;更何况明天又不用上课! 现在舒服了?
-Sheldon: Meh. That poster of Halle Berry is a little unnerving.
unnerve: 使丧失勇

气,使焦躁
恩,那张哈利-贝瑞的海报让我不舒服。
-Howard: So don't look at it.
那就别看。
-Sheldon: She's like my fourth favorite Catwoman.
她看起来像我第四喜欢的猫女。
-Howard: No kidding.
别开玩笑。
-Sheldon: Yeah, Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfieffer, Eartha Kitt, and then her.
真的,朱莉·纽玛,米歇尔·菲佛,艾萨·凯特,然后就是她。
-Howard: What about Lee Merriweather?
那李·玛丽维泽呢?
-Sheldon: Oh, I forgot about Lee Merriweather.
噢,我忘了李·玛丽维泽了。
-Howard: Well, I'm glad that's settled.
settle: 安放,安顿
终于消停了。
-Sheldon: That makes Halle Berry my fifth favorite Catwoman. It's Julie Newmar, Michelle Pfieffer, Eartha Kitt, Lee Merriweather
那哈利-贝瑞就是我第五喜欢的猫女,朱莉·纽玛,米歇尔·菲佛,艾萨·凯特,还有李·玛丽维泽。
-Howard: Please, I'm begging you. Go to sleep.
我求你了,快睡觉吧。
-Sheldon: I'm trying. I'm counting Catwomen. She did make a fine mutant in the X-Men movies, though.
我在努力,我在数猫女,不过她在X战警里的变异人更好些。
-Howard: Oh, for God's sake.
for God's sake: 看在上帝面上
天哪!
-Sheldon: She's not my favorite of the X-Men. In order that would be: Wolverine, Cyclops--
她不是我最喜欢的X战警,按顺序是金钢狼,雷射眼等等,
Oh, wait, I forgot Professor X. Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Iceman, then Storm, Angel, the Beast—
我忘了X教授;X教授金钢狼雷射眼,冰人,然后是暴风女,天使,还有野兽等等,
No, wait, Nightcrawler. Professor X, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Cyclops, ceman, then Storm, Angel...
还有蓝魔,X教授,蓝魔人,金钢狼,雷射眼,冰人,然后是:暴风女,天使…
-Leonard: I'm coming!
来了!
-Sheldon: Hey... There he is. The my old buddy bud bud.
buddy:伙伴,好朋友;小男孩;[美口]密友
早....他来了,我的老...老...朋...朋友。
-Leonard: What's with him?
他怎么了?
-Howard: Koothrappali dumped him on me, and he couldn't get to sleep, so I gave him a glass of warm milk with a handful of my mom's Valium in it... ...
Valium: 安定
Koothrappali把他扔给我,他睡不着,所以我给了他一杯热牛奶,里面放了一把我妈的安定..
but he still wouldn't shut up, so tag, you're It.
可他还是不肯闭嘴,所以接着交给你了。
-Sheldon: I'm ba-a-a-a-c-k.
我回...回...来...了。
-Leonard: I still don't know why you left
.我还是不知道你为什么搬走。
-Sheldon: I can't tell you.
不能告诉你。
-Leonard: Why not?
为什么?
-Sheldon: I promised Penny.
我答应Penny了。
-Leonard: You promised Penny what?
你答应Penny什么?
-Sheldon: I wouldn't tell you the secret. Shhhhh!
我答应不告诉你她的秘密,嘘!
-Leonard: What secret? Tell me the secret.
什么秘密? 告诉我!
-Sheldon: Mom smokes i

n the car. Jesus is okay with it but we can't tell Dad.
妈妈在车里抽烟;主会原谅的,但我们不能告诉爸爸的。
-Leonard: Not that secret. The other secret.
不,不是那个,另一个。
-Sheldon: I'm Batman-- Shh!
我是蝙蝠侠,嘘!
-Leonard: Damn it! Sheldon! You said Penny told you a secret. What's the secret?
妈的!Sheldon,你说Penny告诉你一个秘密,什么秘密?
-Sheldon: Okay, I'll tell you, but you can't tell Leonard.
好吧,我告诉你,可是你不能告诉Leonard。
-Leonard: I promise.
我保证。
-Sheldon: Penny lied about graduating from community college 'cause she's afraid she's not smart enough for Leonard.
graduate: 毕业 community: 社区 smart: 聪明的
Penny说她从社区大学毕业是假的,她担心她不够聪明,配不上Leonard。
-Leonard: So it's nothing I did? It's her problem?
所以不是我做错了什么? 是她自己的问题?
-Sheldon: I drank milk that tasted funny.
funny: 搞笑的
刚才的牛奶味道很搞笑。
-Leonard: Penny thinks I'm too smart for her. That's ridiculous.
ridiculous: adj. 可笑的;荒谬的
Penny觉得我太聪明了,她配不上,怎么会?
-Sheldon: I know. Most of your work is extremely derivative. And don't worry, that's not a secret. Everybody knows.
extremely: 极其,非常 derivative: 引出的,系出的
就是的,你做的东西大都只是衍生的。放心,那不是秘密,地球人都知道。
-Penny: Hi.
嗨!
-Leonard: Yeah, hi. Listen, I know what's been bothering you about us and I have the answer.
bother: 烦恼
我知道是什么让你烦恼了而且我已经有答案了。
-Penny: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
-Leonard: Okay, first, I want to say that it's not Sheldon's fault. He tried very hard to keep
your secret.
fault: 错误
首先,我要说的是这不是Sheldon的错,他确实尽力为你保密了。
If Howard didn't drugged him, he would've taken it to his grave.
drug: 下药 grave: 坟墓
要不是Howard给他下了药,他会把秘密带进坟墓去的。
-Penny: He told you?
他说了?
-Leonard: Yes, but it's okay. Now that we know what the problem is there's a simple solution.
simple: 简单的 solution: 解答
对,但是没关系,现在我们知道问题出在哪里,有一个很简单的办法。
-Penny: Pasadena City College?
Pasadena社区大学?
-Leonard: A place for fun, a place for knowledge. See, this man here is playing hackey-sack, and this girl's gonna be a paralegal.
knowledge: 知识 gonna=going to paralegal: 律师助理
乐趣所在,知识所在。瞧,这个男的现在在踢沙包,这个女孩将要做律师助理。
-Penny: Oh, I get it. Because Dr. Leonard Hofstadter can't date a girl without a fancy college degree.
哦,我明白了Leonard Hofstadter博士不能和一个没有好文凭的女孩子约会。
-Leonard: Well, it's really not that fancy. It's just a city college.

其实并不算好,只是一个社区大学而已
-Penny: Right, but I have to have some sort of degree to date you?
degree: 文凭
好吧,就是说和你约会我得有张文凭?
-Leonard: That doesn't matter to me at all.
不,我半点也没所谓。
-Penny: So it's fine with you if I'm not smart.
所以你不介意我不够聪明?
-Leonard: Absolutely. Okay, this time, I know where I went wrong. Oh... Bite me!
绝对不介意,好吧,这次我知道错在哪里了。噢,你咬我啊!

相关主题