搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 新编实用英语综合教程第三版2(全)句子翻译

新编实用英语综合教程第三版2(全)句子翻译

新编实用英语综合教程第三版2(全)句子翻译
新编实用英语综合教程第三版2(全)句子翻译

大学英语2

1) 美国人一般早早就安排好他们的退休生活。

Americans usually make plans for their retirement well in advance.

2) 他们通常被看做最有希望的歌手。

They are commonly regarded as the most promising singers.

3) 我从你的推荐人那里听说雇主曾给他们打过电话。

I’ve heard from your references that the employer had called them.

4) 请告诉我们具体时间,以便我们做好适当的准备。

Would you please inform us the exact date so that we can make proper arrangements.

5) 我们对出席派对人数的估计与实际来的人数相差了一大截。

Our estimate of how many people would show up at the party missed by a mile.

6) 只要不成为阅读负担,你的报告可以包括足够多的细节。

Your report can include enough details without being a burden to read.

Page21:

6 .Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1.

▲Although invitations are usually sent through the mail, informal invitations such as e-mail and phone invitations are becoming more acceptable.

(虽然邀请函通常通过信函方式发出,但目前像电子邮件、电话邀请等非正式邀请越来越被普遍使用。)

▲Although he has only studied English for two years, he can speak it quite well now.

(虽然他学习英语仅2年,但是他现在英语讲得相当好。)

▲虽然生态环境有所改善,但生态安全状况仍然严重。

(Although the ecological environment was becoming better, the problems were still serious.)尽管天色已晚,我还是有点想出去

(Although it is late, I’d quite like to go out.)

2.

▲For most formal occasions, it’s best to invite guests three or four weeks in advance.

(大多数正式场合,最好提前三到四个星期发出邀请。)

▲It’s best to slice into a rich cake from the middle.

(最好从中间切油腻蛋糕。)

▲在中午太阳光线很强的时候,你最好避免外出。

(It’s best to avoid going out in the strong midday sun.)

▲如果你应邀去参加正式的聚会,你最好穿上西装,打上领带。

(If you are invited to a formal party, it’s best to wear a suit and a tie.)

3.

▲A company can use any color of paper it desires, as long as it upholds and promotes the company’s image.

(公司可以选择使用自己想要的任何颜色的纸张,只要它有利于维护和提升企业的形象。)▲Your college or university will provide a report about your education as long as you continue to study there.

(你的学院或大学将为你提供成绩报告单,只要你继续在哪里学习。)

▲只要我还有钱维持, 我就在墨西哥待下去。

(I’ll stay in Mexico as long as my money holds on.)

▲只要我还活着,我就不会忘记那件

(I’ll never forget that as long as I am alive.)

4.

▲Either use the address or phone number printed in the lower left corner of the invitation or return the RSVP card sent with the invitation.

(可以使用邀请函左下角的地址或电话号码回复,或者用邀请函所附的回复卡回复。)

▲The interviewers will either ask you some basic questions about yourself or ask you to give a brief self-introduction.

(面试者可以向你提问一些个人的基本问题或者要求你做一个简单的自我介绍。)

▲她不是今天来, 就是明天来。

(She is coming either today or tomorrow.)

▲你会说英语或者法语吗?

(Can you speak either English or French?)

5.

▲Never ask to bring a guest unless the invitation states “Mr. Louis Winthorp and Guest”.

(如果邀请函上没有说明“邀请某某先生和朋友,就不能向邀请方要求带客人。)

▲People will never improve themselves unless they look to some higher standards.

(除非考虑更高的标准要求自己,否则人们将永远无法提高自身的水平。)

▲你如果不努力,决不会成功。

(You will never succeed unless you work hard.)

▲我有一个朋友从来不锻炼,除非她去进行马拉松训练。

(I have a friend who never exercises unless she’s training for a marathon.)

6.

▲Showing up with an uninvited friend could turn out to be an embarrassing situation for everyone.

(如果带上未受到邀请的朋友出席,就会造成让大家都尴尬的局面,)

▲Whatever the facts turn out to be, we make them public regardless of the consequences.

(无论事实的结果怎样,在不考虑后果的情况下,我们会将事实公布于众。)

▲如果你说有空,而结果是邀请你参加你不喜欢的活动,那么你就会处于一种反悔的境地。(If you say you are free and the invitation turns out to be something you hate to do, then you will be in a position to take back your acceptance.)

▲那些看起来很现代的建筑实际是由木头、稻草和泥土建造的。

(Several of the modern-looking buildings turn out to be made of wood, straw and mud.)

Unit 2

1) 就我个人而言,我将永远都习惯不了退休。get used to

Personally, I will never get used to being retired.

2) 你想找个机会去中国西南部发现一个神奇又美丽的地方吗?the chance to discover Would you like the chance to discover a place of mystery and beauty in the southwest of China?

3) 你学习英文时,会发现把英文句子逐字翻译成自己的母语并不是聪明的办法。word for word

When you are learning English, you do not find it clever to put an English

sentence word for word into your own language.

4) 如果我可以重提我们刚才讨论过的问题的话,我认为我们应该尽一切努力

保护大熊猫。refer back to

If I might refer back to the problem we were discussing, I think we should make every effort to protect pandas.

5) 我们有没有一些线索可以串联起来,以便更好地理解这件事?clues and hints, piece together

Are there any clues and hints for us to piece together to gain a better understanding of the matter?

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1)

Either way, it’s not an interactive conversation.

(无论是哪种方式,都不是互动对话。)

Either way, without the needed technology we can do nothing.

(无论哪种情况,没有必备的技术我们都是无能为力的)

无论哪种情况下,这位女士都得一直站着,直至另外有人下车。

(Either way, the lady will have to stand until someone else gets off.)

无论哪种情况,许可证和检查都是需要的。

(Either way, a permit and inspection would be required.)

2)

.Too many e-mail users assume that the minute someone receives an e-mail, the person will read it.

(有太多电子邮件用户认为,人们收到电子邮件就会马上阅读)

I wrongly assumed that the minute he finished his paper, he would hand it in to me.

(我错误的认为他一完成论文就会交给我。)

我想当然地认为,你一到家就会告诉他我需要见他。

(I assumed that the minute you went back home, you would tell him I needed to see him.)

这里的服务员似乎认为客人一坐到桌旁就喜欢先喝一杯茶。

(The waiters here seem to assume that the minute guests sit down at the table, they would prefer to have a cup of tea.)

3).

The chance that all the participants will read that message within the hour will be pretty small. (所有与会者都能在一小时内读到该邮件的几率是很小的)

The chance that they will receive the invitation in time will be pretty high.

( 他们及时使收到邀请函的几率是很高的)

他被这所大学录取的机率将会很小。

(The chance that he will be admitted to this university will be pretty small.)

他被提升为公司总经理的机率将会很大。

(The chance that he will be promoted to the General Manger of the company will be pretty high.) 4).

It has no way to know if the person has read the message word for word.

(它无法知道对方是否逐字阅读了邮件的信息)

We have no way to guess what she was like in her younger years.

(我们无法猜想她青年时长的什么样子

他们没有办法证实他所说的是否属实。

(They have no way to confirm whether his saying is true.)

即使天才的科学家也无法精确地(precisely) 预测未来。

(Even talented scientists have no way to precisely forecast the future.)

5).

All it can do is assure you that the person has looked at the first screen of the message.

(这个功能所能做的只是使你明确对方已经看了邮件的首屏)

The doctors could not cure his disease. All they could do was delay his death for a few months. (医生无法治愈他的病,他们所能做的是延长他的生命

我所能做的就是保持笑脸。

(All I can do is keep a smiling face.)

我们没有办法处理它,唯一能做的是去适应它。

第三单元

5. Translate the following sentences into English.

1) 请给家里打个电话,告诉他们我正在去公司的路上。on the way to

Please dial home and tell them I’m on the way to the company.

2) 从那时起生产就一直没有倒退过。

Since then there has never been any setback in production

3) 我看见他把钥匙插入锁中。

I saw him insert the key into the lock.

4) 我建议你把钱存入银行。

I suggest that you make a deposit at / with the bank.

5) 你可以将这些扬声器与你的激光唱机连接起来。

You can connect these speakers to your CD player.

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1)

The park was filled with people talking on their cell phones.

(公园里挤满了用手机谈话的人)

The hall was filled with young people watching the performance.

(大厅挤满了看表演的年轻人)

大厅里挤满了等待面试的学生。

(The hall was filled with students waiting for the interview.)

村子的广场上挤满了看世界杯足球赛的人。

(The square of the village was filled with people watching the football match of the World Cup.) 2)

The telephone used to connect you to the absent.

(电话过去常用来让你联系不在身边的让人)

I used to write poems when I was his age.

(我过去向他这样年龄时,经常写诗)

过去我们常常种漂亮的玫瑰花。

(We used to grow beautiful roses.)

过去彼得常常到那个小镇去。

(Peter used to go to the small town.)

3).

Why is it that the more connected we get, the more disconnected I feel?

(为什么我们联系的越多,我们越是感到失去了联系

Why is it that the temperature in the room is rising higher and higher?

(为什么室内的温度越升越高)

这个结论为什么会是错的呢?

(Why is it that this conclusion is wrong?)

她为什么会比我唱得还好呢?

(Why is it that she can sing better than I?)

4).

As almost every conceivable contact between human beings gets automated, the alienation index goes up.

(随着几乎所有人与人之间可以想象到的联系变的自动化,疏远的指数就上升了

This thought grew as the days passed.

(随着时光的流逝这种想法就产生了)

随着我对他的进一步了解,我发现我对他的第一次印象是正确的。

(As I knew him better, I discovered that my first impression of him had been / was right.)

随着年龄的增长,我们变得更聪明。

(We get wiser as we get older.)

5)

Why say good morning to the attendant when you can swipe your credit card at the pump and save yourself the bother of human contact?

(既然你可以用信用卡在加油泵旁自动刷卡,免除与人打交道的麻烦,何必还要对加油站的工作人员打招呼呢?

Why talk to a clerk who might live in the neighborhood when you can just insert your card into the ATM?

(既然你可以将信用卡插入取款机取款,何必还要和可能与你同住一个街坊的银行职员说话呢

既然能用塑料,何必非要用木料呢?

(Why use wood when you can use plastic?)

既然你能自己做,何必非要让我做呢?

(Why ask me to do it when you can do it yourself?)

6).

It’s their unintended consequences that make me cringe.

(正是这些通讯设备无意中带来的后果确实我感到害怕。)

It was last night that John phoned her sister.

(就在昨天晚上约翰打电话给他的姐姐)

是比尔写的那篇文章使她出名了。

(It was the article written by Bill that made her famous.)

是上周一杰克接到玛丽发来的一个电子邮件。

(It was last Monday that Jack received an e-mail from Marry.)

第四单元

如遇紧急情况, 请拨打报警电话110。

In case of emergency, please dial the alarm number 110.

2) 在校外住的学生每天乘班车上学和回家。

The off-campus students go to and from school every day by school bus

3) 给他安排房间前,接待员记下了他的姓名和身份证号码。

The receptionist jotted down his name and ID number before arranging for his room.

4) 离开时请把空调关掉。

Upon departure, please switch off / turn off the air-conditioner.

5) 如果还有其他要求,请与客房经理联系。

If you have any additional requests or needs, please contact the resident manager.

We are fortunate to have this beautiful facility to accommodate very special guests of Miami University.

Dr. Johnson was honored to be invited as a visiting professor at that

他们有幸得到了听那位著名科学家演讲的入场券。

我昨天有幸看到他精彩的表演。

They were fortunate to have got admission tickets to attend the famous scientist’s lecture.

I was fortunate to see his excellent performance yesterday.

如果你对此项服务需要了解更多的情况,请别客气,与我联系。

如果你对我们的新产品感兴趣,请与我们的销售经理联系。

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you need more information about the service.

Please contact our sales manager if you are interested in our new products.

离开时,请检查一下行李以防把东西忘在旅馆里。

到达之后,你应该找一个向导带你游览。

Upon departure, please check to make sure that nothing is left behind in the hotel.

Upon arrival, you should find a guide to help you go sightseeing.

设计此工程项目是为了给年轻人提供工作。

下岗工人们的基本生活费用在一段时间内由他们所在的公司提供。

The project is designed to provide young people with jobs.

The laid-off workers are provided with necessities of life for a period of time by the companies they have worked with.

.

因为没能及时与您取得联系,我向您道歉。

霍华德先生向学生道歉,因为他缺乏耐心而经常向学生大喊大叫。

I apologize to you for my not contacting you in time.

Mr. Howard apologized to his students for lack of patience and keeping

on shouting at them.

能告诉我您的电话号码和电子邮件地址吗?

您能就我们旅店的管理情况提点建议或意见吗?

May I have your telephone number and e-mail address?

May we have your advice or opinions on the management of the hotel?

第五单元

游客们说这家饭店的菜不如它说的那样好。

由于他有许多事情要做,他在学习上花费的时间不如以前多了。

Visitors say that the food in this restaurant is not as good as it claims.

Because he has many things to do, he does not spend as much time studying as he used.

除了太大之外,它对我也不大合适。

除了我们刚刚讨论的那个问题,大家还有什么其他问题吗?

Apart from being too large, it just doesn’t suit me.

Do you have any other questions apart from the one we discussed just now?

能够受邀参加这次会议真是太好了。

能与史密斯教授面对面地进行交谈真是太好了。

It’s really nice being invited to attend the meeting.

It’s really nice talking with Professor Smith face to face.

昨天我上课并没有迟到,只是来不及在课前交作业。

他不是不关心孩子,只是没时间陪他们。

I was not late for class yesterday, just having no time to hand in my homework before class.

It was not that he showed no concern for his children, just having no time to be together with them.

我很惊讶,他们竟然给了我这份工作。

经理很惊讶我竟然能在这么短的时间内完成这项任务。

I felt surprised that they offered me the job.

The manager felt surprised that I had fulfilled the task in such a short time.

Unit 6

1) 医疗网可以使病人共享信息和相互给予支持。

The medical website enables patients to share information and offer each other support.

2) 我很高兴你和我们一起去。你不会因此后悔的。

I’m glad you’re going with us. You won’t regret it.

3) 那是她所体验过的最奇妙的感觉。

It was the most wonderful feeling she had ever experienced.

4) 他以科普小说而闻名。

He is known for his popular science novels.

5) 二十年后他还能清楚地记起这件事。

Twenty years later he could still clearly recall the event.

6) 那首歌总是让我想起我们的第一次约会。

That song always reminds me of our first date.

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1)It is really worth breaking up your Expo visit with trips to the Bund, to Nanjing East Road, to ultra-modern Pudong, maybe even to neighboring Hangzhou and Suzhou.

(的确值得把你参观世博会的时间分一点去游览一下外滩,南京东路,超现代化的浦东,甚至邻近的杭州和苏州)

It is worth talking with your financial adviser before making your final decision.

(在你做最后确定之前,值得与你财务顾问谈一谈)

这个地区的许多小镇绝对值得去参观一下。

(Many of the small towns in the area are definitely worth visiting.)

在签合同之前,你核查一下合同中的详细条款是值得的。

(It’s worth checking the details of the contract before you sign it.)

2)Believe me: the Expo itself will wear you out after Day One.

(请相信我:第一天参观世博会以后就会把你累垮

And believe me, my wife does not enjoy reminding me twice.

(请相信我,我的妻子不喜欢提醒我两次)

当他们发现这件事后就会有麻烦了,相信我。

(Believe me, there’ll be trouble when they find out about this matter.)

这一切会惹出许多麻烦,相信我。

(Believe me, all this is going to cause a lot of problems.)

3)With over 200 pavilions and such limited time and such long lines, you don’t want your day at the Expo site to go to waste.

(由于有两百多个展馆,而时间又那么有限还有那长长的队伍,你不想把你在世博园的那一天白白浪费掉。

The Africa pavilion reminded me of a college activities fair, with booths and stands for individual countries.

(非洲馆里的各个国家的展台和摊位让我想起大学校园里的集市活动。)

由于这项工作有那么多的不确定性,所以很难做出完整的计划。

(With all the uncertainties about this job, it’s difficult to make out a complete plan.)

她双手放在膝盖上,坐在那里面对面试官。

(She sat there facing the interviewer, with her hands on her lap.)

4)If you’ve been to France, there’s no point waiting an hour to see the Fisher Price version of France in the French Pavilion (although still quite beautiful).

(如果你去过法国就没有必要排一个小时的队,去参观微缩版的法国了。(尽管这个展馆很漂亮)

There’s no point (in) paying rent on the apartment if you’re not going to live there.

(你没有必要付房租,如果不打算住那儿的话)

为他担忧是没有什么意义的。

(There’s no point (in) worrying about him.)

我觉得再讨论下去已经没有什么意义了。

(There is no point discussing this any further, I’m afraid.)

5).Simply stated, the Shanghai Expo is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

(简单的说,参观上海世博会是人生只有一次的经历)。

Simply put, the tax cuts mean the average people will be about 3% better off.

(简单的说,减税意味着平均每人将减去3%的税收。)

简单地说,他被解雇了。

(Simply put, he was fired.)

简单地说,这就是我所能做的一切。

(Simply stated, this is all that I can do.)

Unit 7

5. Translate the following sentences into English.

1) 那个建议在会上未引起多大兴趣。

That proposal aroused little enthusiasm at the meeting.

2) 新来的军官很快赢得了士兵的尊敬。

The new officer soon earned the respect of his soldiers.

3) 全村很快便人心惶惶了。

Fear spread quickly through the village.

4) 现在主席要向大会发表演讲。

The chairman will now address the meeting.

5) 好教师总是鼓励学生独立思考。

Good teachers often encourage their students to think for themselves.

6) 我正想把实际发生的情况告诉他,但他打断了我的话。

I was going to tell him what really happened, but he cut me short.

7) 孩子们急切地等着儿童剧开演。

The children were waiting expectantly for the pantomime to start.

8) 她退休后去了佛罗里达,仍然过着忙碌的生活。

She retired to Florida and still led a busy life.

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1.)

Before long, through the door came a tall, unimpressive-looking man of about 40.

(很快从门口走进一个高高的40来岁的男子,看上去其貌不扬。)

In the armchair sat his mother, reading a novel.

(她母亲坐在沙发张,看小说。)

树下躺着一位大约70岁的老妇人。

(Under the tree lay an old woman, of about 70.)

大门前站着两头石狮子,一左一右。

(In front of the gate stand two stone lions, one on the left and the other on the right.)

2).

His voice had a surprising tone of respect, almost as if he were addressing the Supreme Court instead of a group of youngsters.

(她的声音带有一种令人惊讶的、尊敬的口吻,仿佛是在高等法院发表演说而不是面对一群青年在讲话。)

After the interruption, the speaker kept on talking as if nothing had happened.

(在演讲被打断以后,演讲者继续发言好像没有发生任何事情一样)

他谈起来就好像他什么都知道。

(He talked as if he knew everything.)

你听到隔壁的音乐了吗?听起来好像他们在聚会(have a party)。

(Do you hear the music next door? It sounds as if they’re having a party.)

3).

Most important, we are going to try to really get interested in reading and writing.

(最重要的是我们努力培养对阅读和写作的真正兴趣。)

More important, the computer must be a famous brand.

(更重要的是计算机必须是名牌)

最重要的是,孩子们要学习如何与别的孩子相处。

(Most important, children need to learn how to get along with others.)

更重要的是,他们需要长期的援助。

(More important, they need long-term assistance.)

4).

“Those who do, I venture to say, will lead far richer, fuller lives than they would otherwise.”

(那些对阅读和写作真感兴趣的人,我敢说要比对阅读和写作没有兴趣的人会生活的更富有、更充实。)

I venture to say that by the year 2500 there’ll be more people living on the moon than on the earth.

(我敢说到2500年在月球生活的人会比在地球上生活的人更多。)

我可以冒昧提个修改意见吗?

(May I venture to suggest a change?)

我冒昧说您错了。

(I venture to say that you are wrong.)

5).

An unexpected feeling of excitement stirred in me.

(一种意想不到的激情在我心中荡漾.)

A strange feeling began to stir in him.

(一种奇怪的感情在他心中荡漾)

写作的愿望又一次在她的心中掠过。

(The desire to write was stirring in her once more.)

我的兄弟苦苦思索,但什么也没记起来。

(My brother tried his best to think, but nothing stirred in his memory.)

6).

During the term that followed, his enthusiasm spread through us like a contagion.

(在随后的学期里,他的热情感染了我们。)

Fear spread through the crowd like a contagion.

(人群中充满了恐怖的气氛)

这场大火很快蔓延到整个城区。

(The fire soon spread through the whole town.)

谣言很快传遍全村。

(The rumor spread quickly through the village.)

第八单元

You will be full of confidence during the interview as long as you are well prepared.

1) 只要你做好准备,面试时你就会充满自信。

The shop promised its customers that it would never sell fake goods, and sure

enough it did so.

2) 这家商店向顾客承诺绝不卖假货,而且它确实做到了。

Because he is working hard, he has been promoted to the position of department manager.

3) 由于他努力工作,最近他被提升为部门经理。

4) 他受到他人的尊重,因为他有很强的正义感。

He is respected by others because he has a strong sense of justice.

5) 汤姆叔叔在病中,所以我们现在不想让他知道这个消息。

Because Uncle Tom is ill, we don’t want to let him in on the news right now.

6) 一个好的上司应当鼓励他的助手坦率地发表意见。

A good boss should encourage his assistants to be outspoken in expressing their

opinions.

结果多糟糕都没关系,只要绝不失去信心就行。

你用什么方法告诉她这个消息都没关系,只要能使她情绪稳定就好。It doesn’t matter how bad the result is, just never lose your confidence. It doesn’t matter how you tell her the news, just make her calm.

他们尽了最大努力将他们原来的小公司发展成为一个大公司。

谁能将这篇文章译成英语?

They made every effect to turn their small firm into a big one.

Who can turn this article into English?

他的妈妈使他相信这个问题很严重。

你所做的事情使我相信你说话总是算数的。

His mother convinced him that the problem was very serious.

What you did convinced me that you always keep your words.

这些危险对男人和女人都构成威胁。

前景既使我兴奋又使我担忧。

These are dangers that threaten both men and women.

The prospects both excited and worried me.

到你叔叔家去一趟,看看他是否需要你帮忙。

学习再用功一些,看看你是否会取得更大进步。

Go to your uncle’s home and see if he needs your help.

Study harder and see if you can make more progress.

如果你对足球感兴趣,为什么不去看比赛?

如果他是我的一个中学同学,我为什么会不认识他?

If you are interested in football, why don’t you go to watch the match?

If he was one of my classmates in high school, why don’t I know him?

高职大二英语课文翻译B

Disney Mirrors American Culture Last fall, the Walt Disney Company did something rare: it admitted defeat in its fight to build a history theme park in Virginia.The park was going to be called "Disney's America". Some people might be wondering, however, if Disney lost the battle but won the war, as it seems everyone is living in Disney's America these days. With its purchase of Capital Cities/ABC Inc. last month, the company founded by Walter Elias Disney in 1923 deepened its claim on American culture. In fact, it would be hard to find another company so widely respected—even loved—by Americans. Americans rush out to see Disney films, and then replay them—on videotapes; they read Disney books to their children;they watch Disney shows on Disney TV;they make trips to Disneyland and Disney World, where they stay in Disney hotels and eat Disney food;Americans buy Disney products at Disney stores, and listen to Disney records of Disney songs. The world of Disney is becoming anything but small. All this makes some people more than a little upset. Harold Bloom, a professor at Yale University, provides an examination of the cultural history of Western society. "At the end of this road lies cultural uniformity of the worst kind. It's just terrible." This is becoming a popular opinion in universities around the world. "Disney products," said Paul Fussell, a professor of English at the University of Pennsylvania, "have always seemed to me seriously sub-adult." Those who oppose Disney (and there are many) see its films and by-products as sexist, racist and as simpler, cheered-up accounts of American history and folklore. "There's a kind of protection at work here," said Henry Giroux, a professor at Penn State University. Like all those opposed to Disney, he can list, in detail, Disney's many crimes against culture:he is very angry, for example, about the treatment of American Indians in Pocahontas. "I mean, the entire history of what happened to the Indians, which some people would call the murder of their people, is sort of played out as a love story," he said angrily. Giroux said he believes that Disney has become a basic educator of America's children, most of whom will be able to perform every word of The Lion King long before they even learn US President Abraham Lincoln's historic Gettysburg Address. However, even the most strongly opposed are quick to note that Disney has many positive values—cheerfulness, good-hearted fun, and a tradition of artistic quality—that help explain its success. Critical or not, most of those who oppose the company are Disney customers themselves. 迪斯尼——美国文化的一面镜子 去年秋天,沃尔特·迪斯尼公司做了一件罕见的事情:它承认自己争取在弗吉尼亚州建造一个历史主题公园的努力失败了。公园原本打算命名为“迪斯尼美国公园”。 不过,有些人会这样想,迪斯尼只不过是输了一次战斗,但赢了一场战争,这是因为,这些年来人人似乎都生活在迪斯尼的美国。 随着迪斯尼公司在上月购买了美国广播公司大都会电视台网之后,这家由沃尔特·伊莱亚斯·迪斯尼在1923年创建的公司进一步代表了美国文化。确实,很难再找出另一家公司像迪斯尼这样受到美国人如此普遍的尊敬,甚至可以说普遍的热爱。 美国人争着去看迪斯尼拍的电影,然后再重看电影录像;他们给孩子念迪斯尼的故事;他们在迪斯尼电视频道上观看迪斯尼节目;他们去迪斯尼乐园和迪斯尼世界游玩,在那儿他们住的是迪斯尼饭店,吃的是迪斯尼食品;美国人还在迪斯尼商店里购买迪斯尼商品,耳边听的是迪斯尼歌曲唱片。 迪斯尼的世界可真不小啊!

英语句子翻译大全

英语句子翻译大全 导读:本文是关于英语句子翻译大全的文章,如果觉得很不错,欢迎点评和分享! 01、I never stopped loving you,I just stopped showing it。 我对你的爱从来没有停止,只是我不再让别人知道而已。 02、Standing in a corner of the world,watching the sunrise and sunset。 站在世界某一个角落,看着日出日落。 03、Waiting is painful。Forgetting is painful。But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering。 等待是一种痛,忘掉也是一种痛,但不知道该怎么办,是一种更折磨人的痛。 04、That formerly how to pick,time flies straight forward。 那段从前怎么去捡,光阴似箭一直向前。 05、Are you turn a walk,do not see my sad。Am I too wayward,regardless of your feelings。 是你转头就走,没看见我的难过。是我太任性,不顾你的感受。 06、Start everyday with a new hope,leave bad memories behind & have faith for a better tomorrow。 用新的希望开启每一天,释放掉不好的回忆,相信明天会更

好。 07、Who’s who of the hook,and who is who of redemption。 谁是谁的劫,谁又是谁的救赎。 08、They say after losing only treasure,in fact,after losing most painful treasure。 她们都说失去以后才懂得珍惜,其实珍惜后的失去最痛。 09、Love warms more than a thousand fires。 爱情的炽热胜过千万团的火。 10、It is good if you begin crying,that is the sign of cure。 能够哭就好,哭是开始痊愈的象征! 11、Life is too short for us to wake up in the morning with regrets。 人生苦短,所以每天不要带着遗憾醒来。 12、Because of loving you so much that I stood aside。Although myfigure left you away,my heart didn’t。Today I have made up my mind to say “I love you。” 正是因为爱才悄悄的躲开,躲开的是身影,躲不开的是默默的情怀;今天我终于鼓起勇气,向你表达我的爱。 13、As long as people do not lose their direction,they will not lose themselves。 人只要不失去方向,就不会失去自己。

大学英语精读2第二册课后句子翻译答案1-8

Book2 Unit1 翻译 1.她砰地关上门,一声不吭地走了,他们之间那场争执就此结束。 Their argument ended when she slammed the door and left without a word. 2. 出席晚宴的客人对那个美国人威严的语气感到有点意外。 The guests at the dinner party were slightly surprised at the commanding tone of the American. 3. 约翰尼已长大成熟,不再害怕独自呆在家里了。 Johnny has outgrown the fear of staying at home alone. 4. 当全部乘客都向出口处(exit) 走去时,他却独自留在座位上,好像不愿意离开这架飞机似的。 While all the other passengers made for the exit, he alone remained in his seat as if unwilling to leave the plane. 5. 这封信必须交给威尔逊博士本人。 The letter is to be handed to Dr. Wilson himself. 6. 南希虽然很想参加辩论,但腼腆得不敢开口。 While she felt like joining in the argument, Nancy was too shy to open her mouth. 7. 你觉得什么时候最有可能在家里找到他? What do you think is the likeliest time to find him at home? 8. 猎人一看见有只狐狸从树丛中出现并向他设下(lay) 的陷阱(trap) 方向跑去,脸上顿时闪出了兴奋的表情。 The hunter’s face lit up with excitement as soon as he saw a fox emerge from among the bushes and run in the direction of / make for the trap he had laid. Book2 Unit2 翻译 1) 会上有人建议任命一个十一人委员会来制定新章程。 It was suggested at the meeting that a committee of eleven be appointed to make a new constitution. 2) 这些青年科学家通过现场观察,获得了研究工作所需的第一手资料。 By making on-the-spot observations, the young scientists obtained first-hand information they needed in their research work. 3) 他很可能会因视力不好而被拒收入伍。 It is very likely that he will be rejected by the army because of his bad eyesight. 4) 委员会成员在新机场最佳选址(location) 这一问题上持有不同意见。 The committee members have conflicting opinions as to the best location of the new airport. 5) 亨利创作的艺术品在许多方面比他兄弟的要好。 Henry's works of art are superior in many respects to those of his brother's. 6) 我们产品质量的稳步提高在很大程度上是由于设备有所改进。 The steady rise in the quality of our products owes much to the improvement of our equipment. 7) 吉姆本想按照自己的判断行事,但他没有这样做,因为作为军人他得服从命令。 Jim would have preferred to act on his own judgment, but he didn't because as a soldier he had to obey the order. 8) 如果让我来决定我们是要一个没有自行车的城市呢,还是要一个没有汽车的城市,我会毫不犹豫地选择后者。 Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a city without bikes or one without cars, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. Book2 Unit3 翻译

大二上学期英语翻译啊

1无论是暑假或高中毕业,我都倾向于将冒险融入我的生 2一方面我思家心切和怀疑我是否可以完成这项旅行计划,另一方面我急不可待的想要向自己与家人证明我具备一切所需的能力。 3虽然感觉像早起一样又冷又沮丧,但值得庆幸的是我买了一个便宜的手机。 4虽然我证明了我自己坚持不懈,恪守计划的品性,但我怀念有熟人相伴的感觉。 5我听说了一句瑞典名言,与人分享的快乐就是双倍的快乐。 6对群体心理浑然不觉得人注定会深受其害。7我们都像被接纳,有归属,被他人需要,但要以什么为代价呢? 8可以想象大多数生活在西方的人在人生的某个阶段,有过这种类似的经历。 9正如上诉两个实例所谈论的一样,我们都受害于群体服从机制。 10不管是受群体影响作出有悖自我判断的选择,还是自己明白事理反却被说服指黑为白,很少有人能逃脱群体心理。

11几星期前,初来纽约曼谷顿时的兴奋和自豪感早已荡然无存,如今这里的喧嚣让他感到疲惫。 12聚Manhattan第一次感恩之行,差不多有二十多年了,现在他已是传媒界的一名成功企业家,正是源于那次的感恩之行,他才一路坚持下来有了今天。 13表达感恩之情,对我们生命中信势心存感激,努力发现生活中美好事物会使我们变得积极向上。 14Emmons是加州大学的一个分校的教授长期以来努力于研究感恩对身心健康的影响。 15Emmons和他的团队在后来的跟踪研究中发现感恩的人很少抑郁,不大有嫉妒和焦躁的情绪,更愿意帮助别人。 16在那痛苦二有乏味漫长日子里,他把腿从床边垂下来,抬起下巴,摆出合适的姿势,然而伸出双手,兖州Schuman Brahms 和Mozar的乐曲。 17多少次他的灵魂曾随着大师的琴弦上跳动的每个音符而呼吸。

大学英语2课后句子翻译

大学英语2 1) 美国人一般早早就安排好他们的退休生活。 Americans usually make plans for their retirement well in advance. 2) 他们通常被看做最有希望的歌手。 They are commonly regarded as the most promising singers. 3) 我从你的推荐人那里听说雇主曾给他们打过电话。 I' ve heard from your references that the employer had called them. 4) 请告诉我们具体时间,以便我们做好适当的准备。 Would you please inform us the exact date so that we can make proper arrangements. 5) 我们对出席派对人数的估计与实际来的人数相差了一大截。 Our estimate of how many people would show up at the party missed by a mile. 6) 只要不成为阅读负担,你的报告可以包括足够多的细节。 Your report can include enough details without being a burden to read. Page21: 6 .Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences. 1. ▲ Although invitations are usually sent through the mail, informal invitations such as e-mail and phone invitations are becoming more acceptable. (虽然邀请函通常通过信函方式发出,但目前像电子邮件、电话邀请等非正式邀请越来越被普遍使用。) ▲ Although he has only studied English for two years, he can speak it quite well now. (虽然他学习英语仅 2 年,但是他现在英语讲得相当好。 ) ▲虽然生态环境有所改善,但生态安全状况仍然严重。 ( Although the ecological environment was becoming better, the problems were still serious. )▲ 尽管天色已晚,我还是有点想出去 (Although it is late, I ' d quite like to go out. ) 2. ▲ For most formal occasions, it 's best to invite guests three or four weeks in advance. (大多数正式场合,最好提前三到四个星期发出邀请。 ) ▲ It ' s best to slice into a rich cake from the middle. (最好从中间切油腻蛋糕。 ) ▲在中午太阳光线很强的时候,你最好避免外出。 ( It ' s best to avoid going out in the strong midday sun. ) ▲如果你应邀去参加正式的聚会,你最好穿上西装,打上领带。 ( If you are invited to a formal party, it 's best to wear a suit and a tie. ) 3. ▲ A company can use any color of paper it desires, as long as it upholds and promotes the company ' s image. (公司可以选择使用自己想要的任何颜色的纸张,只要它有利于维护和提升企业的形象。 ) ▲ Your college or university will provide a report about your education as long as you continue to study there. ( 你的学院或大学将为你提供成绩报告单,只要你继续在哪里学习。) ▲只要我还有钱维持, 我就在墨西哥待下去。 ( I' ll stay in Mexico as long as my money holds on. )

100个英语句子翻译

1. Typical of the grassland dwellers of the continent is the American antelope, or pronghorn. 1.美洲羚羊,或称叉角羚,是该大陆典型的草原动物。 2. Of the millions who saw Haley’s comet in 1986, how many people will live long enough to see it return in the twenty-first century. 2. 1986年看见哈雷慧星的千百万人当中,有多少人能够长寿到足以目睹它在二十一世纪的回归呢? 3. Anthropologists have discovered that fear, happiness, sadness, and surprise are universally reflected in facial expressions. 3.人类学家们已经发现,恐惧,快乐,悲伤和惊奇都会行之于色,这在全人类是共通的。 4. Because of its irritating effect on humans, the use of phenol as a general antiseptic has been largely discontinued. 4.由于苯酚对人体带有刺激性作用,它基本上已不再被当作常用的防腐剂了。 5. In group to remain in existence, a profit-making organization must, in the long run, produce something consumers consider useful or desirable. 5.任何盈利组织若要生存,最终都必须生产出消费者可用或需要的产品。 6. The greater the population there is in a locality, the greater the need there is for water, transportation, and disposal of refuse. 6.一个地方的人口越多,其对水,交通和垃圾处理的需求就会越大。 7. It is more difficult to write simply, directly, and effectively than to employ flowery but vague expressions that only obscure one’s meaning. 7.简明,直接,有力的写作难于花哨,含混而意义模糊的表达。 8. With modern offices becoming more mechanized, designers are attempting to personalize them with warmer, less severe interiors.

综合英语翻译句子答案

综合英语翻译句子答案 Document serial number【UU89WT-UU98YT-UU8CB-UUUT-UUT108】

1. 她似乎与新同学相处不好。(get along with) 2. 我与玛丽失去联系多年,但昨天我与她在电话里联系上了。(out of touch, get in touch) 3. 那老兵喜欢对每一位来访者炫耀他的勋章。(show off) 4. 她丈夫似乎非常反对她出国。(opposed to) 5. 因为托马斯不安心工作,他的父母非常担忧。(settle down) 6. 我口袋里总装着各种各样的小东西。(bits and pieces) 7. 她母亲通过一些私人关系使她进入商界。(pull strings) 8. 我希望这些菜合你的胃口。(to somebody's liking) 9. 那些男孩太吵闹,我把他们骂了一顿。(tell off) 1. She doesn't seem to get along with her new classmates. 2. I'd been out of touch with Mary for years, but I managed to get in touch by phone yesterday. 3. The veteran enjoys showing off his medals to everyone who visits him. 4. Her husband seems very much opposed to her going abroad. 5. As Thomas couldn't settle down in his job, his parents were very worried. 6. I always have all kinds of bits and pieces in my pockets. 7. Her mother pulled a few strings to get her into the business circle. 8. I hope the food is to your liking. 9. I told the boys off for making so much noise.

大学英语2级翻译句子

Unit 1 1. 在生活中,我们最愚蠢的行为就是太执着于自己的东西,不愿意放弃。 In life our stupidest course of action is to cling too much to what we have and refuse to let go. 2.我愿意在IT行业工作,但我不知道如何着手。 I'm willing to work in the IT industry, but have no idea how to go about it. 3.许多人都已意识到与大自然和谐相处的重要性。 Many people are aware of the importance of living in harmony with nature. 4.像“代沟”这样的问题是不可以被掩盖起来的。 Problems like the generation gap cannot be swept under the carpet. 5.我始终不懂什么事在使她心烦。 I never did understand what was eating away at her. 6.他一生都与世无争。 He has been at peace with the world all his life. 7. 他没有说出自己的想法。一则她未必理解,二则他怕自己得不到她的宽恕。He did not speak out/say what he thought. For one thing, she might not understand. For another, he was afraid that she might not forgive him. 8.随着岁月流逝,他对中国文化越来越感兴趣。 As the years rolled by, he became increasingly interested in /fascinated by Chinese culture. Unit 2 1. 这种情景总是令我感动,让我沉思。 Such a sight always moves me and sets me thinking.

大学英语2翻译句子

(1)背离传统需要极大的勇气。It takes an enormous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. (2) 汤姆过去很腼腆,但这次却非常勇敢能在大庭广众面前上台表演了。Tom used to be very shy,but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. (3) 很多教育家认为从小培养孩子的创新精神是可取的。Many educators think it desirable to foster the creative spirit in the child at an early age. (4) 假设那幅名画确实是名作,你觉得值得购买吗?Assuming this painting really is a masterpiece,do you think it’s worthwhile to buy it? (5) 如果这些数据统计上是站得住脚的,那他将会帮助我们认识正在调查的问题。If the data is statistically valid,it will throw light on the problem we are investigating. UNIT2 (1) 该公司否认其捐款有商业目的。The company denied that its donations had a commercial purpose. (2) 每当他生气的时候,他说话就有点结巴。Whenever he was angry ,he would begin to stammer slightly. (3) 教育是我们家最着重的传统,这就是为什么我父母从不带我去昂贵的饭店吃饭,却送我到最好的私立学校上学。Education is the most cherished tradition in our family.That’s why my parents never took me to dinner at expensive restaurants,but sent me to the best private school. (4) 手术康复不久,他失业了,因此经历了人生的又一次困难阶段。Shortly after he recovered from the surgery,he lost his job and thus had to go through another difficult phase of his life. (5) 与我们的富裕邻居相比,我们的父母就相当穷了,但是他们总是努力满足我们最起码的有需求。In contrast to our affluent neighbors,my parents are rather poor ,but they have always tried to meet our minimal needs. UNIT3 (1) 科学家们找到火星上有水的证据了吗?Have scientist found proof of water on Mars? (2) 计划委员会已经将核电厂的可能地点缩小到了两个沿海城镇。The planning committee has narrowed down the possible locations for the nuclear power plant to two coastal towns. (3) 山姆不仅失去了工作,而且失去了双腿,他只好靠社会救济度过余生。Sam not only lost his job but also both legs;he had to live on welfare for the rest of his life. (4) 由十二人组成的陪审团一致表决玛丽有罪。A jury consisting of 12 members voted in unison that Mary was guilty. (5) 听到有人质疑他的才能,肖恩觉得受了奇耻大辱。Sean felt humiliated to hear his talent

大二英语课本句子翻译

1.No matter where you are (无论你在哪),my blessing will always be there. 2.Every substance in the world, no matter how different it may seen from any other substance (不管看起来和其他物质多么不同),is made partly of electrons. 3.No matter what a woman tries to do to improve her situation(不管一个女人试图做什么来改变她的处境),there is some barrier to keep her down. 4.No matter what excuse he gives (不管他给出什么借口),I will not forgive him for being so late for our appointment. 5.No matter what anyone else may think (无论别人可能怎么想),only he can know whether he made the right choice. 6.We have always been an independent people, no matter how they rewrite history (无论他们怎么改写历史). 7.无论多么富有经验的演说家,无论你做了多么充分的准备,你都很难在这样嘈杂的招待会上发表演讲。No matter how experienced a speaker you are, and how well you have prepared your speech, you will have difficulty making a speech at such a noisy reception. 8.就像吉米妹妹的朋友都关心吉米一样,吉米也关心他们。Just as all his sister’s friends cared about him, Jimmy cared about them. 9.汽车生产商在新车的几处都印有汽车识别号码,以便帮助找回被盗的车辆。Car manufacturers stamp a vehicle identification number at several places on new cars to help track down stolen vehicles. 10.老师回来时你敢告我状的话,我就不再和你说话了。If you dare tell on me when the teacher gets back I won’t say a word to you any more. 11.有些老年人愿意独自过日子,但大多数老人选择和儿女一起生活。Some elderly people prefer to live on their own while the great majority chooses to live with their children. 12.现在需要面对的事情是:如何筹集创建公司所需的资金。Here is something that needs to be reckoned with : how to get the necessary finances to establish the company. 13.被告是位年仅30岁的女子,她坚持称自己无罪。The defendant, a woman of only 30, kept insisting on her own innocence. 14.总体看来,枣、豆类以及一些多叶的绿色蔬菜是最好的铁质来源。All things considered, dates, beans and some leafy green vegetables are the best sources of iron. 15.正餐时不供应饮料,饮料会影响消化。No beverages are served with meals because they interfere with digestion. 16.考虑到那个地区受欢迎的程度,提前订旅店是明智的。Taking the popularity of the region into consideration, it is advisable to book hotels in advance. 17.服药后若有呕吐感,请立即停止服用并尽快咨询医生。If you have a feeling of wanting to throw up after taking this drug, stop taking it immediately and consult your doctors as soon as possible. 18.总结这次讨论时,他说双方都要好好考虑怎样以最有效的方法来解决这一问题。Summing up the discussion, he said both parties should consider the most effective way to solve the problem. 19.As it was quite windy outside, Jack closed all the windows and doors so that the baby would not catch cold (这样宝宝就不会着凉了)。 20.The candidate toured in several cities in the state, giving speeches of his political viewpoints so that more people would vote for him (为的是更多的人会投他一票)。 21.Tom cleaned his father’s car and mowed the lawn by himself so that his father might for

英语句子翻译技巧

英语句子翻译技巧 以下浅谈英译汉的几点技巧。 第一,翻译时注意英文的句型,英文的句型一般来说有相应的中文译法。如It的句型的翻译: (1)It is+名词十从句: It is a fact that…事实是…… It is a question that………是个问题 It is good news that………是好消息 it is common knowledge………是常识 (2) It is+过去分词十从句: It is said that…据说…… I t must be pointed out that…必须指出…… It is asserted that…有人主张…… It is supposed that…据推测…… It is believed that…据信…… It must be admitted that…必须承认…… It is reported that…据报道…… It will be seen from ii that…由此可见…… It has been proved that…已证明…… It is general1y considered that…人们普遍认为…… (3)It is+形容词十从句: It is necessary that…有必要…… It is likely that…很可能…… It is clear that…很清楚…… It is important that…重要的是…… (4) It+不及物动词十从句: It follows that…由此可见…… It happens that…碰巧…… It turne d out that…结果是…… 第二,注意英语被动句的翻译。英文的被动句经常用汉语主动句表达,如:You are requested to give a performance 英文的被动句译成汉语的主动句:请你给我们表演一个节目。英文中被动意义也可以用汉语中含有主动意义的句子来表达。常译成“被”、“由”、“受”、

新视野大学英语读写教程第二版第二册翻译句子

Unint 1 1. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。(much less) She wouldn’t take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner. 2.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。(whereas) He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling him the truth. 3. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? (account for) How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 4.他们利润增长部分的原因是由于采用了新的市场策略。(due to) The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。(result in) Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 6. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。(pour into) We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. Unint 2 1.尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。(despite) Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 2.迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。(nor) Mike didn’t come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 3.坐在他旁边的哪个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。(next to; by no means) The man sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer.

相关主题