搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 剑桥TEXT听力原文及翻译

剑桥TEXT听力原文及翻译

剑桥TEXT听力原文及翻译
剑桥TEXT听力原文及翻译

剑桥11 TEXT 1 听力原文

SECTION 1

Hello?

你好?

Oh, hello. I wanted to enquire about hiring a room in the Village Hall, for the evening of September 1st.

您好,我想问一下租用村务大厅的一间公共会议室的事宜,九月一日晚上要用。

Let me just see. . . Yes, we have both rooms available that evening.

我看看......那天晚上我们的两个会议室都可以用。

There's our Main Hall-that's got seating for 200 people. Or there's the Charlton Room. . .

一个是主厅,里面可容纳200个人。另一间是Charlton会议室......

The main hall seats 200, so 200 has been written in the space.

主厅可容纳200个人,所以空白处应该填写200。

Now we shall begin. You should answer the questions as you listen because you will not hear the recording a second time. Listen carefully and answer questions 1 to 6.

现在考试正式开始。你需要在听的过程中回答问题,因为录音只播放一次。请仔细听并回答问题1-6。

Hello?

你好?

Oh, hello. I wanted to enquire about hiring a room in the Village Hall, for the evening of September the first.

您好,我想问一下租用村务大厅的一间公共会议室的事宜,九月一日晚上要用。

Let me just see. . . Yes, we have both rooms available that evening.

我看看......那天晚上我们的两个会议室都可以用。

There's our Main Hall-that's got seating for 200 people. Or there's the Charlton Room. . .

一个是主厅,里面可容纳200个人。另一间是Charlton会议室......

Sorry?

不好意思,您说的是什么会议室?

The Charlton Room - C-H-A-R-l-T-0-N. That's got seating for up to one hundred.

Charlton会议室,名字拼写是C-H-A-R-l-T-0-N。这间会议室最多可容纳100个人。

Well, we're organising a dinner to raise money for a charity, and we're hoping for at least 150 people, so I think we'll go for the Main Hall.

我们要组织一个筹款的慈善晚宴,预期至少会有150个人出席,所以我想我们还是定主厅吧。

How much would that cost?

租用主厅要花多少钱?

Let's see. You wanted it for the evening of September 1st?

看看哈,你想要九月一日晚上用是吧?

Yes, that's a Saturday.

对,是个星期六。

So from 6 p. m. to midnight that'd be £115-that's the weekend price, it's £75 on weekdays.

从晚上6点到12点是115英镑,这是周末的价格,工作日租用的话只要75英镑。

That's all right.

可以。

And I have to tell you there's also a deposit of £250, which is returnable of course as long as there's no damage.

还有,你还要交个250英镑的押金,当然了,只要主厅没有出现什么破损,就会把押金退还给你的。

But we do insist that this is paid in cash, we don't take cards for that.

但是我们押金只收现金,不能刷卡。

You can pay the actual rent of the room however you like though - cash, credit card, cheque. . . 实际租金随便怎么支付都可以,现金、刷卡、支票......都没问题。

Oh, well I suppose that's OK. So does the charge include use of tables and chairs and so on? 嗯,我觉得应该没问题。你们收取的租金里面包括了使用桌椅之类的费用吗?

Oh, yes. - And what about parking?

包括了的。-停车费呢?

Yeah that's all included.

都包含在内了。

The only thing that isn't included is that. . . you said you were organising a dinner?

唯一一个没有包括的是......你刚才说你们要筹备一个晚宴?

Yeah.

是的。

Well, you'll have to pay extra for the kitchen if you want to use that. It's £25.

那如果你们要使用厨房的话,还要额外支付25英镑。

It's got very good facilities —good quality cookers and fridges and so on.

厨房里的设备都很棒,有质量很好的厨具,还有冰箱等等。

OK, well I suppose that's all right.

好的,我想应该没关系。

We can cover the cost in our entry charges.

我们可以把这个费用分摊到入场费里。

Right. So I'll make a note of that.

好的,我把这个记下来。

Now there are just one or two things you need to think about before the event.

那么现在,在你们举行活动之前还有一两件事情需要考虑。

For example, you'll have to see about getting a licence if you're planning to have any music during the meal.

比如,如果你们打算在晚宴期间来点音乐的话,要着手申请一个许可证。

Oh, really?

真的吗?

It's quite straightforward, I'll give you the details later on.

那很简单的,我稍后把详细信息告诉你。

And about a week or ten days before your event you'll need to contact the caretaker, that's Mr Evans, to make the arrangements for entry- he'Il sort that out with you.

另外,在活动开始前一个周或者十天左右,你需要跟管理员Mr. Evans联系,一起安排一下入场事宜。他会跟你一起搞定的。

And do I give him the payment as well?

我要付钱给他吗?

No, you do that directly with me.

不,你直接把钱给我。

Before you hear the rest of the conversation, you have some time to look at questions 7 to 10.

在播放剩下的录音之前,你有一些时间阅读问题7-10。

Now listen and answer questions 7 to 10.

现在请听录音并回答问题7-10。

Right. Now is there anything I need to know about what happens during the event?

好的。那么在活动进行期间,我还有什么要注意的事情吗?

Well, as you'll be aware, of course the building is no smoking throughout.

嗯,你可能也会注意到,在整栋建筑里任何地方都不能吸烟。

Of course.

没问题。

Now, are you having a band? -Yes.

你们会请乐队吗?-是的。

Well, they'll have a lot of equipment, so rather than using the front door they should park their van round the back and use the stage door there.

他们会有很多乐器和设备的,所以,他们要把车停在后面,通过后台的门进来,而不是从前门进来。

You can open that from inside but don't forget to lock it at the end.

你可以从里面把后台的门打开,但是请别忘了结束之后把它锁上。

OK.

好的。

And talking of bands, I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, but you must make sure that no one fiddles about with the black box by the fire door-that's a system that cuts in when the volume reaches a certain level. It's a legal requirement.

说到乐队,我相信不用讲你也知道,但我还是要强调一下。你们必须确保没人乱动防火门旁边的黑盒子,那是个当声音太大的时候会自动插入的系统。这是个法律要求,必须遵守。

Sure. Anyway, we want people to be able to talk to one another so we don't want anything too loud.

应该的。反正我们也想让大家可以互相聊聊天,所以不会弄得太吵的。

Oh, that reminds me, we'll be having speeches-are there any microphones available?

这正好提醒了我,我们到时候会有演讲,你们这儿有话筒吗?

Yeah. Just let the caretaker know, he'll get those for you.

有的,你跟管理员说就好了,他会给你们的。

Right, now when the event is over we do ask that the premises are left in good condition.

还有,我们要求活动结束之后室内保持整洁。

So there's a locked cupboard and you'Il be informed of the code you need to open that.

所以,我们会告诉你打开锁着的橱柜需要的密码。

It's got all the cleaning equipment, brushes and detergent and so on.

柜子里有所有的清扫装备——刷子、清洁剂等等。

Right, so what do we need to do after everyone's gone?

好的,大家都走了之后我们要做什么?

Sweep the floors I suppose?

扫地?

Well actually they have to be washed not just swept.

事实上,你们不仅要扫地,还要把地拖干净。

Then you'll be provided with black plastic bags, so all the rubbish must be collected up and left outside the door.

然后我们会给你们一些黑色塑料袋,你们必须把所有的垃圾都装起来放到门外去。

Of course. We'll make sure everything's left tidy.

当然啦。我们会确保一切都干净整洁的。

Oh. and I forgot to ask.

对了,我刚才忘记问了。

l presume we can have decorations in the room?

我们可以在房间里做些装饰吧?

相关主题