搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 大学英语3部分翻译

大学英语3部分翻译

大学英语3部分翻译
大学英语3部分翻译

Unit1

1、羞怯可以让人从感觉轻微的不适到高度焦虑,这会对我们做任何事都有影响。Shyness can vary from feeling mild discomfort to high levels of anxiety that impact us in almost everything we do.

2、尽管固执,但他清楚自己应该避免引起怀疑。

Despite his stubbornness,he knew in his heart that he should avoid arousing any suspicions

3、无论你说什么都会被理解成批评

It will be interpreted as criticism no matter what you say(成批评,无论你说什么)

4、让我们不要为该被忽略和忘记的小事翻烦心。

Let’s not all ourselves to be upset by trifles(which) we should ignore and forget.

5、花太多的时间老是想着过去会阻碍你享受生活。

Too much time spent dwelling on the past can get in the way of enjoying life as it happens.

6、相信自己能够完成目标并解决问题的人更有可能在学校里表现得好。

People who believe they can accomplish goals and solve problems are more likely to do well in school.

Unit2

1、她穿了一条有玫瑰团的裙子。

She wore a dress with a pattern of roses on it

2、Helen为我们准备了一顿丰盛的晚饭。

Helen had prepared a good meal for us.

3、Ann信誓旦旦的保证她不会说出去。

Ann promised faithfully that she would never tell.

4、你能把这封信送到会计部吗?

Could you deliver this letter to the accounts department?

5、他们为我们提供了精选的牛奶和纯巧克力。

We were offered a selection of milk and plain chocolate.

6、告诉孩子们别胡闹。

Tell the children to keep out of mischief/behave themselves.

7、我们能够听见远处打雷的声音

We could hear the sound of distant thunder.

8、这个项目已经得到了政府的批准

The project has now received approval from the government.

9、虽然丈夫喝酒太多,但是Kelly仍然爱着他。

Kelly loved her husband in spite of the fact that he drank too much.

10、专家们看起来无法对药物是否安全取得一致建议

Experts unable to agree whether the drug is safe or not .

Unit3

1、由于紧急情况,这个医生在几小时内都没空

Because of an emergency,the doctor will not be available for several hours.

2、税收将会如何影响低收入的人?

How will taxes affect people with low incomes?

3、我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢琴。

My mother always told me that in the long run I would/will be happy if I didn’t give up practicing piano.

4、这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等。

The price of these books ranges from 10 to 20 dollars.

5、在我看来你没有什么选择。

It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.

6、考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已做得相当不错了。

Given their in experience ,they have done quite a good job .

7、对这么一幢大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修费用。

The price is quite/rather low for such a big house.However,you should take the maintenance fee into consideration.

8、我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始?

Can we begin by discussing the problems arising from the last meeting.

Unit4

1、我过去喜欢摄影,但是现在没时间去追求其他爱好了

I used to like/enjoy taking photos,but I now have no time to pursue any hobbies.

2、没有一种可确信的方式来预测谁会得哮喘

There is no sure way to predict/tell who will develop asthma(哮喘)and who won’t.

3、现在,神经生物学家们不在争论大脑能否生成新细胞。

Today neurobiologists no longer argue about whether or not the brain can generate/grow new cells.

4、Angelina Jolie 说.我不再像以前那样热爱表演了。

”I don’t love acting as I used to do/as much as I once did,”said Angelina Jolie.

5、如果你不确定你的目标,你就不知道你应该向哪个方向前进。

If you don’t define your goal, you don’t know in which way you should go.

6、你不该老想着过去,花些时间回顾和思考你走过的路可以帮你计划你的将来。

While you should not dwell on your past,spending some time reviwing and thinking about the path you have taken will help you plan for the future.

7、你也许爱某人,但是却不一定得和他结婚。

You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.

8、这些例子都说明了有些学生的简历写得多么差。

These examples demonstrate how terribly some students have produced/made resumes.

Unit6

1、如果要我选择一个方案的话,我将毫不犹豫的支持后者。

If I had to select one plan, I would not hesitate to support the latter.

2、他看上去似乎是无罪的,但证据表明并非如此。

He seemed not guilty,but the evidence suggested otherwise.

3、我劝他别去东海岸,因为那里到处都是游客。

I warn him off going to the east coast ,because it was full of tourists.

4、东西便宜并不见得就是质量低劣。

The fact that something is cheap doesn’t necessarily mean it’s of low quality.

5、如果没有人可以求救,就难以做出恰当的选择。

Without anyone to turn to for help,making an appropriate choice can be difficult.

6、他用音乐表现了他失去妻子的痛苦。

His sadness of the death of his wife found expression in his music.

7、只有战胜了羞怯之后,人们才会更自信地生活。

Only when people overcome their shyness do they live more confidently

8、今天我不再给孩子们买任何别的东西了——事实上,我已经花了太多的钱了。

I’m not buying the children anything else today --I’ve spent for too much money as it is.

Unit8

1、镇里有将近24对双胞胎,其中差不多12对是同卵双胞胎。

There are nearly 24 reported sets of twins in the town, of which nearly 20 are identical twins

2、我们很清楚危险,不会盲目采纳人们说的话。

“We are well aware of this danger and won’t blindly accept what people say ,”stated Mr.Malcom .

3、我仍然记得我初次在湖边遇见你的时候,你给我的,给我的一切。

I still remember when I first met you on the lake side ;what you gave me,all that you gave me.

4、当她写大学项目时,她找了其他材料,使她更充分地享受工作的乐趣。

When she came to writing her college project,she found other material;this would enable her to enjoy more fully the work.

5、一旦十五分钟休息结束,你必须开始下一步锻炼来使锻炼计划更有效。

As soon as the 15 minutes’rest is over,you must start the next exercise programme more effective.

6、没有他们作为志愿者来工作,我们根本无法为需要帮助的人提供任何服务。

Without their working as volunteers,we should never be able to provide any service for those who need it.

7、人们对梨的态度与其他水果几乎相同,只是从来不会被包装成礼品。

Pears are treated I in much the same way as some other kinds of fruit but are never wrapped.

8、据报道,年初召开的包括教师、护士和医生60人参加的会议取得了成功。

A similar meeting held at the beginning of the year,attended by 60 people including teachers,nures and doctors ,was very successful according to the report.

Unit10

1、The captain of this football team scored two wonderful goals early in the game.

(在比赛开始阶段射进了两个精彩的球).

2、He went on listening to her,at times impatient and at times fascinated.

(有时候不耐烦,有时又着了迷).

3、In many societies girls still marry someone of their parents’choice.

(嫁给她们父母选中的人).

4、In emergencies he can still make sound judgments.

(他仍然能够作出正确的判断).

5、I haven’t decided on the menu yet, let alone bought the food.

(更不必说买好了)

6、It has been said that more people fail for lack of encouragement

(由于缺乏他人的鼓励)than for any other reason.

7、We must find a way to resolve these problems

(找到一种解决这些问题的方法)before it is too late.

8、I wish (今天早上我可以多睡一会儿),I could have slept longer this morning but I had to get up and come to class.

大学英语第二版-1-4-部分短文及翻译

The Generation Gap at Work As offices go, the editorial suites at Time Inc. are pretty laid back. T-shirts are fine. Shave if you like. Slides, sneakers or heels - your choice. Yet there's a limit to what passes for acceptable appearance, and I was sure a recent bunch of college interns had breached it spectacularly with their nose rings, tattoos and low-rise pants. These were bright, ambitious kids. Why the blatant show of disrespect? My younger colleagues wondered too. But they were more amused than aghast, and it occurred to me that there is a widening generation gap when it comes to interpreting casual Fridays. And that's not all: Young folks are putting their stamp on the workplace in ways far more reaching than their wardrobe. And we boomers don't necessarily like it. We're all part of a new-age experiment: four generations working side by side yet often speaking a different language. Think that's an exaggeration? Go ahead. Try to decipher this twentysomething text message: WU CMIW that was CLM or maybe CS. (What's up? Correct me if I'm wrong. That was a career-limiting move or maybe career suicide.) Boomers, the older "silent" generation, and younger ones known as X and Y bring vastly different histories, values and work habits to the job. These gaps have led to stereotypes that hinder our ability to get things done. Nearly 60 percent of HR managers at large companies say they've observed office conflicts that flow from generational differences, according to the Society for Human Resource Management. Tensions typically stem from perceptions of loyalty and respect - as in, we think the kids don't have any. Yet the latest research shows that we may be compatible after all. Debunking some key myths may help you get past the tattoos and belly buttons in your office. Myth No. 1: Young workers love change It's commonly thought that young people embrace change as enthusiastically as older workers resist it. Not so. In a study of 3,200 workers, only 12 across the generations said they liked change at the office, reports the Center for Creative Leadership. "Resistance to change isn't about age, it's about how much you stand to gain or lose," says the Center's Jennifer Deal, author of "Retiring the Generation Gap: How Employees Young and Old Can Find Common Ground." In general, older workers have more to lose. But many younger workers have identical anxieties. Don't make assumptions based on age, says Deal. Ask your young colleagues how a shift would change their life. If it's for the better, can you blame them for loving it? But it might be as upsetting to them as it is to you - and it could be a bonding moment. Myth No. 2: Gen X- and Y-ers lack a strong work ethic(职业道德) Not true. But coming of age under very different circumstances has affected our work styles. Boomers had to scrape and claw for jobs and work long hours to keep them and get ahead because there were so many of us. Competition was keen. Work became central to our identities, and with two-earner households, we did much of our socializing in professional circles. But Gen X is much smaller and has never known job scarcity. They can demand more or move on. They've seen their parents get downsized, seeming victims of company loyalty, and watched them strain to juggle career and family. That different history has led to marked differences in how we work. Younger generations are willing to move every two or three years to get the job experience and work-life balance they want. Ask them to come into the office over the weekend and they are apt to resist.

大学英语精读3翻译答案

Unit1 2) 杰克对书架上那些书一本也不了解,所以他的选择是很随意的。 Jack didn't know anything about any of the books on the bookshelf, so his choice was quite arbitrary. 4) 我认为我们应该鼓励中学生在暑假找临时工作。 I think we should encourage high school students to find temporary jobs / employment during their summer holidays. 5) 令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长(governor)竟然是个贪官(corrupt official)。 To our surprise, the governor who had often been praised for his honesty turned out to be a corrupt official. 6) 少数工人得到提升(be promoted),与此同时却有数百名工人被解雇。 A few workers were promoted, but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. Unit3 1) 许多美国大学生申请政府贷款交付学费。 Many American students apply for government loans to pay for their education / tuition. 2) 除阅读材料外,使用电影和多媒体(multimedia)会激发学生学习的兴趣。 Besides reading materials, the use of films and multimedia can stimulate students' interest in a subject. 5) 我已经把我的简历(résumé)寄往几家公司,但尚未收到回复。 I have sent off my résumé to several corporations, but haven't yet received a reply. 6) 她的结论是建立在对当前国际情况进行了认真的分析的基础上的。 Her conclusion is built / based on a careful analysis of current international affairs. 7) 我们满怀期望地来参加会议,离开时却大失所望。 We came to the meeting full of expectations, yet we left very disappointed. Unit5 1 就能力而言,我肯定他能胜任这件工作。 As far as ability is concerned, I am sure he will qualify for the job. 6) 在西方,人们常常邮购商品,这可以节省许多时间。 In the West, people often send away for mail-order goods, which can save a lot of time. 7) 抱歉, 时间不多了,我建议我们跳到最后一章。 Sorry time is running out; I suggest we skip to the last chapter. 8) 既然你决心尽快完成硕士课程(master's program), 那就别让你的社交生活(social life)妨碍你的学习。 Since you have set your mind to finishing your master's program as soon as possible, don't let your social life stand in the way of your studies. Unit6 1) 装了(fitted with) 假肢(artificial leg),他起初走路走不稳,但经过锻炼他的步子(step) 稳了。 Fitted with the artificial leg, he walked unsteadily / shakily at first, but with practice his steps became steady. 2) 医生说我得了重感冒,给我开了四种药,三种是药片,饭后服,另一种是药水 (liquid),睡前服。 The doctor said I had caught a severe cold and she prescribed me four different medicines. Three of them are pills to be taken after meals and the other is liquid to be drunk before going to bed. 4) 汽车早已开走看不见了,珍妮 (Jenny) 还站在大门口凝视着路的尽头。 Jenny was still standing at the gate gazing at the end of the road long after the car was out of sight. 6) 一般来说,通过增加供给或减少需求可以降低物价。 In general, prices may be brought down by increasing supply or decreasing demand. Unit7 1) 像平常一样,他在开始洗漱(get washed)前,将收音机调至早晨七点的新闻广播。 As usual, he tuned his radio for the 7 a.m. news broadcast before he began to get washed. 2) 有许多文件要签,但紧急的只有这份合同。 There are a lot of papers to sign, but the only urgent one is this contract. 3) 在该市,因吸毒(drug abuse)和赌博(gambling)而引发的罪行在发展,当地政府似乎找不出对付这一问题的办法。 In that city crime born of drug abuse and gambling is on the rise, and the local government seems unable to figure out a way to cope with it. 5) 我敢肯定那座楼在空袭(air raid)中一定被完全炸毁了。 I bet the building must have been completely destroyed in the air raid. 2) 即使你是班上最好的学生之一,要保住成绩也得常常温习功课才行。 Even if you are one of the best students in class, in order to maintain your grades you must review your lessons often. 4) 情况确实是如此,有些人一生中很早就获得成功,而另一些人则要工作很长时间方能实现自己的目标。 It is true that some people achieve success very early in life, while others must work a long time before attaining their goals. 5) 他坚持认为这次实验的失败主要由于准备不足(inadequate)。 He maintained that the failure of the experiment was largely due to inadequate preparation. 6) 如今研究人员提倡我们应该每天花些时间将自己想要达到的目标投射到心灵的屏幕上。Researchers now recommend that we take time every day to project our desired goals onto the screen in our minds. Unit10 1.事实上,对于这次海难(shipwreck)报纸上的说法不一。 In fact, there are different accounts of the shipwreck in the newspapers. 2.据说这一地区早在两千年前农业就很先进。 It is said that the area was well advanced in agriculture as early as 2,000 years ago. 3.瞧他是如何操作这机器的,然后就照着做。 6.圣诞节和元旦相隔一周时间。 There is an interval of a week between Christmas and New Year's Day. unit7 the big chance良机 He wasn't the kind to pick a secretary by the color of her hair. Not Bill Hargrave. Both Paula and Nancy had been smart enough to know that. And for some time everyone in the office had known that one of them, Paula or Nancy, was going to get the job. In fact, the decision would probably be made this afternoon. Hargrave was leaving town and wanted to settle the matter before he left. 他不是那种根据头发的颜色来挑选秘书的人。比尔〃哈格雷夫不是那种人。波拉和南希都很聪明,明白这点。一段时间以来,办公室里人人都知道,她俩中的一个,不是波拉就是南希,将要得到这个职务。事实上,决定可能就在今天下午作出。哈格雷夫就要外出,要在动身前安排好这事。 The two girls could see him from their desks outside his office. Maybe it was only some correspondence that he was looking at with cool, keen eyes. But for a moment his finger seemed to pause above those two efficient little pushbuttons. If he pressed the left one, it would be Paula's pulse which would begin to beat faster. 两个姑娘可以从他办公室外面各自的办公桌那儿看到他。他那沉着、热切的目光正在注视着的可能只不过是则信函而已。可是有那么一会儿,他的手指似乎在那两个颇有效率的小按钮上踌躇着。要是他按左边那个,就会使波拉的脉搏加快跳动 Paula couldn't keep her eyes off that light on her desk. She kept making mistakes in her typing and nervously taking the sheets of paper out in order to start all over again. 波拉的目光一直盯着桌上的那个小灯。她打字时老是出错,老是情绪紧张地把纸拉出来,以便重新开始。 She leaned across her typewriter and said to Nancy, "They boss is all dressed up today. He must be going on a special trip." 她靠在打字机上对南希说:?头儿今天穿得上下笔挺。他准是要作一次不同寻常的旅行。?She was just talking to relieve her nervousness. Nancy took her time about answering. She wasn't used to having Paula talk to her in such an intimate tone. (1)Not since they'd learned a month ago that they were both in line for a promotion, for the important job as Bill Hargrave's secretary. 她说话不过是为了消除紧张情绪。南希没有马上回答。她不习惯波拉用如此亲昵的口吻和她说话。一个月前,她们就得知她俩之中将有人获得提升,担任比尔〃哈格雷夫的秘书这一重要职务。从那时起,南希就对波拉用如此亲昵的口吻和她说话觉得别扭。 well, the job was worth going after. There was the salary, for one thing. And there was the prestige. The boss' secretary knew a great deal about the business. And there were the interesting people she got to talk to. The important people. And the boxes of perfume, flowers, and candy they often left on her desk. And there was Bill Hargrave for a boss. Young and clever and attractive. That was a factor, too. 嗨,这工作还是值得去努力的。一方面是薪水的问题。另外还有地位的问题。头儿的秘书了解很多业务情况。还有那些她将能与之交谈的有趣的人。那些重要人物。还有他们常留在她桌上的一包包香水、鲜花和糖果。当然还有比尔〃哈格雷夫这个头儿。年轻聪明又有魅力。那也是一个因素。 (2)Paula didn't need any lessons when it came to office politics. She was the one who was always busy when someone of little importance in the office wanted his material typed. "Sorry, but it's impossible. Jack. Why not ask Nancy?" and they did ask Nancy. It left Paula free to do Bill Hargrave's work in a hurry. She was never too busy for Bill's work. 说到办公室里明争暗斗那一套,波拉可算是无师自通。办公室里无关紧要的人要想把什么材料打出来时,她总是不巧正忙着。“对不起,杰克,可没有办法。为什么不让南希打呢?于是他们果然就让南希打。这样波拉就有时间把比尔·哈格雷夫的东西赶紧打出来。给比尔打东西她从不嫌忙。 When Hargrave finally pressed one of those buttons it was at Paula's desk that the light went on. She started to make a grab for her notebook, but she quickly took out her mirror first. Then she grabbed up her notebook and an envelope that was on the desk. 等到哈格雷夫终于按了那两个按钮中的一个时,亮起来的是波拉桌上的灯。她起身去抓笔记本,可很快先掏出了镜子。随后她一把抓起笔记本,还有桌上的一个信封。 (3)As for Nancy, what else could she do but sit there with her pretty blonde head bent over her typewriter? Nancy was a natural blonde, and that seemed the best way to describe her, she just didn't seem to know any tricks such as Paula did for making herself more popular with the boss. 至于南希,她除了低垂着她那满头漂亮金发的脑袋坐在那儿打字以外,还能干别的什么呢? 南希是个不会做作的金发碧眼女郎,这样描绘她似乎是最恰当不过了。波拉为取悦头儿耍的种种花招,她却好像一窍不通。 The moment Paula got inside Hargrave's office he asked about that stateroom. 波拉一进办公室,哈格雷夫就问高级客舱的事。 She handed him the envelope. It contained the two tickets. "That's your stateroom number on the outside," she said in a businesslike way. 她把那个信封递给他。里面有两张票。?信封上是高级客舱的编号,?她用事务式的口气说 She had on a blue flannel suit, something like Bill's, and it was clear he thought she looked pretty smart in it. 她身穿一套法兰绒蓝套装,跟比尔穿的有点相仿,他显然觉得她穿这套衣服很漂亮。 He looked again at the number of his stateroom and he put the envelope carefully in his inside pocket. 他又看了看高级客舱的编号,把信封小心翼翼地装进里面的口袋。 Then he told her she was going to have a new job. He mentioned the salary, too. He didn't neglect to mention the salary. 接着他就跟她说了。她将有个新工作。他也提到了薪水。他没有忽略薪水的事。 She took it just right - in a very businesslike manner. Just enough of gratitude. And then, the old sportsmanship how sorry she felt about Nancy. She didn't look sorry. 她很得体地接受了这个决定——完全公事公办的态度。恰到好处的感谢。随后展示了她那久已具有的运动家风度。她说为南希感到非常遗憾。她并没有流露出多少遗憾的神情。 (4)And neither did Bill. He told her it was okay, that she shouldn't worry about Nancy, that Nancy wasn't made for the job anyway, and that besides, he and Nancy were leaving on their honeymoon tonight. Tonight at eight-fifteen. 比尔也没有显出遗憾的样子。他对她说,这没什么,她用不着为南希担心,反正南希生来就不适合干这种工作,再说,他和南希今晚就要去共度蜜月了。今晚8点15分。

新视野大学英语第三版翻译

BOOK TWO Unit 5 丝绸之路(Silk Road)是我国古代一条连接中国和欧亚大陆(Eurasia)的交通线路,由于这条商路以丝绸贸易为主,故称"丝绸之路"。作为国际贸易的通道和文化交流的桥梁,丝绸之路有效地促进了东西方经济文化交流和发展,对世界文明进程有着深远影响。当前,在新的历史条件下,我国提出了"一带一路"(One Belt, One Road)(即"丝绸之路经济带"和"21世纪海上丝绸之路")的战略构想。"一带一路"以合作共赢为核心,强调相关各国的互利共赢和共同发展。这一战略一经提出即受到沿线各国的积极响应。 The Silk Road is a traffic route in the ancient times connecting China and Eurasia. This trade route focuses on the trade of silk, hence the name "the Silk Road". As an international trade channel and a bridge of cultural exchanges, the Silk Road effectively improved the economic and cultural exchanges and development between the East and the West, exerting a profound impact on the progress of the world civilization. Nowadays, under the new historical circumstances, our country proposes the strategy of "One Belt, One Road" (namely the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road). The strategy of "One Belt, One Road" focuses on cooperation and mutual benefits, emphasizing mutual benefits, win-win, as well as common development of the related countries. Once proposed, the strategy has received positive responses from the related countries along the road. Unit 6 国民幸福指数(National Happiness Index,NHI)是衡量人们幸福感的一种指数,也是衡量一个国家或地区经济发展、居民生活与幸福水平的指标工具。随着中国经济的高速增长,中国政府越来越重视人民群众生活质量和幸福指数的提升。政府注重改善民生,努力改善人民群众的经济状况,满足人民群众日益增长的物质文化需求。当前,中国政府提倡释放改革红利,让人民群众得到更多实惠。所有这些都将有效促进我国国民幸福指数不断提升。 National Happiness Index (NHI) is an index that measures how happy people are. It is also a tool that measures the levels of economic development and people's livelihood and happiness in a country or region. With the fast growth of Chinese economy, the Chinese government has been paying more and more attention to people's living quality and the increase of happiness index. The government stresses improvement of its people's livelihood, striving to improve their economic conditions and meet their growing material and cultural needs. Currently, the Chinese government advocates the unleashing of more reform dividends, with the aim of offering more real benefits to its people. All these measures will combine to effectively increase the NHI of our people.

大学英语3部分翻译

Unit1 1、羞怯可以让人从感觉轻微的不适到高度焦虑,这会对我们做任何事都有影响。Shyness can vary from feeling mild discomfort to high levels of anxiety that impact us in almost everything we do. 2、尽管固执,但他清楚自己应该避免引起怀疑。 Despite his stubbornness,he knew in his heart that he should avoid arousing any suspicions 3、无论你说什么都会被理解成批评 It will be interpreted as criticism no matter what you say(成批评,无论你说什么) 4、让我们不要为该被忽略和忘记的小事翻烦心。 Let’s not all ourselves to be upset by trifles(which) we should ignore and forget. 5、花太多的时间老是想着过去会阻碍你享受生活。 Too much time spent dwelling on the past can get in the way of enjoying life as it happens. 6、相信自己能够完成目标并解决问题的人更有可能在学校里表现得好。 People who believe they can accomplish goals and solve problems are more likely to do well in school. Unit2 1、她穿了一条有玫瑰团的裙子。 She wore a dress with a pattern of roses on it 2、Helen为我们准备了一顿丰盛的晚饭。 Helen had prepared a good meal for us. 3、Ann信誓旦旦的保证她不会说出去。 Ann promised faithfully that she would never tell. 4、你能把这封信送到会计部吗? Could you deliver this letter to the accounts department? 5、他们为我们提供了精选的牛奶和纯巧克力。 We were offered a selection of milk and plain chocolate. 6、告诉孩子们别胡闹。 Tell the children to keep out of mischief/behave themselves. 7、我们能够听见远处打雷的声音 We could hear the sound of distant thunder.

大学英语精读3翻译答案

翻译答案3大学英语精读 Unit1 1.发言人明确表示总统在任何情况下都不会取

消这次旅行。The spokesman made it clear that the President would not cancel the trip under any circumstances. 2.我们相信他所说的,因为他受过良好的教育,出生于受人尊敬的家庭,更重要的是他为人可靠。We trust what he has said,because he is well educated, comes from a respectable family ,and what's more ,he is reliable.

3.随后发生的那些事件再次证明了我的猜疑是对的。The subsequent events once again confirmed that my suspicions were right. 4.在赛后举行记者招待会上,这位足球教练因该队表现不佳而向球迷们致敬。At the press conference held after the game, the football coach apologized to the s poor performance. 'fans for his team 5.令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长竟然是个贪官。To our surprise ,the governor, who had

often been praised for his honesty ,turned out to be a corrupt official. 6.只有少数工人工人得到提升,在这同时却有数百名工人被解雇。A few workers were promoted ,but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. 7.如果有机会,约翰也许成为一位杰出的画家了。Given the chance, John might

第三部分:(大学英语统考)词汇与结构-翻译版

第三部分:词汇与结构(2016年4月统考)翻译版 1.55个标成红色的题目,重点复习,得分值6分 2.次重点41个为除红色外4月出现频率较高的题目,分值为4分,重点掌握 内部资料请勿传播,复习本资料无需看其他额外资料,词汇结构虽然功在平时,但临考前的准备也必不可少,本部分考5题共10分,基础较差的先重点温习标注红色的55题。 -------- 以下红色1-55 需重点掌握,得分值6分,每5小题后面KEY为答案-------- 1.It was well known that Thomas Edison the electric lamp. 众所周知,托马斯.爱迪生发明了电灯。 A.discovered B.invented C.found D.developed 2.The top of the Great Wall is for five horses to go side by side. 长城上面宽到足以能让五匹马并行。 A.wide B.so wide C.wide enough D.enough wide 3.Measles a long time to get over. 麻疹需要很长一段时间才能治好. A.spend B.spends C.take D.takes 4.-Do you want to wait? 您愿意等吗? -Five days too long for me to wait. 五天等待的时间对于我来说太长了。 A. was B.were C.is D.are 5.There a book and some magazines on the desk.桌子上有一本书和一些杂志。 A.is B.are C.have D.has KEY:BADCA 补充:I don’t know ___B___ to deal with such matter.我不知道如何处理这类问题。A. what B. how C. which D. / 6.This kind of material expands the temperature increasing. 这种材料随温度的升高而膨胀。 A.to B.for C.with D.at 7.People at the party worried about him because no one was aware he had gone.晚会上的人都为他担忧,因为没人知道他去哪儿了。 A.of where B.of the place where C.where D.the place 8.A sudden noise of a fire-engine made him to the door. 火警突然响起使他匆忙走到门口。 A.hurrying B.hurried C.hurry D.to hurry 9.No matter , the little sisters managed to round the sheep up and drive them back home safely. 不管雪下的多大,两个小姐妹还是安全地把养拢起来赶回了家。 A.it was snowing hard B.hard it was snowing C.how it was snowing hard D.how hard it was snowing 10.There’s lots of fruit the tree. Our little cat is also in the tree.树上长了许多果实,我们的小猫也在上面。 A.in B.at C.under D.On

大学英语精读第三册课后翻译

Unit1 翻译 1) 发言人(spokesman)明确表示总统在任何情况下都不会取消(cancel)这次旅行。 The spokesman made it clear that the President would not cancel the trip under any circumstances. 2) 杰克对书架上那些书一本也不了解,所以他的选择是很随意的。 Jack didn't know anything about any of the books on the bookshelf, so his choice was quite arbitrary. 3) 随后发生的那些事件再次证明了我的猜疑(suspicions)是对的。(confirm) The subsequent events confirmed my suspicions once again. 4) 我认为我们应该鼓励中学生在暑假找临时工作。 I think we should encourage high school students to find temporary jobs / employment during their summer holidays. 5) 令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长(governor)竟然是个贪官(corrupt official)。 To our surprise, the governor who had often been praised for his honesty turned out to be a corrupt official. 6) 少数工人得到提升(be promoted),与此同时却有数百名工人被解雇。 A few workers were promoted, but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. 7) 如果有机会,约翰也许已成为一位杰出的画家了。(given) Given the chance, John might have become an outstanding painter. 8) 数小时后,有人看见那个男孩在林子里瞎转。 Several hours later, the boy was found wandering around in the woods. Unit2 翻译 迅速方便地获得信息是很重要,但学会以新的方式看信息甚至更为重要。医学上一次重大突破也许能说明这一观点。科学家本想寻找一种治天花的特效药,但他们没有成功。英国医生爱德华·詹纳放弃寻找特效药,而是通过找到一种

相关主题