搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 新视野大学英语读写教程第二册(1到10单元全部)汉译英答案

新视野大学英语读写教程第二册(1到10单元全部)汉译英答案

新视野大学英语读写教程第二册(1到10单元全部)汉译英答案
新视野大学英语读写教程第二册(1到10单元全部)汉译英答案

汉译英:

Unint 1

1. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。(much less)

She wouldn’t take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner.

2.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。(whereas)

He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling him the truth.

3. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? (account for)

How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 4.他们利润增长部分的原因是由于采用了新的市场策略。(due to)

The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy.

5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。(result in)

Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency.

6. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。(pour into)

We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on.

Unint 2

1.尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。(despite)

Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents.

2.迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。(nor)

Mike didn’t come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation.

3.坐在他旁边的哪个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。(next to; by no means)

The man sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer.

4.他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。(be indifferent to)

He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses.

5.经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。(count on) The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence.

6.这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。(in the presence of sb.)

This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience.

Unint 3

1.你再怎么有经验, 也得学新技术。

You are never too experienced to learn new techniques.

2.还存在一个问题,那就是派谁去带领那里的研究工作。

There remains one problem, namely, who should be sent to head the research there.

3.由于文化的不同,他们的关系在开始确实遇到了一些困难。

Their relationship did meet with some difficulty at the beginning because of cultural differences.

4.虽然他历经沉浮,但我始终相信他总有一天会成功的。

Though he has had ups and downs, I believe all along that he would succeed someday.

5.我对你的说法的真实性有些保留看法。

I have some reservations about the truth of your claim.

6.她长得并不特别高,但是她身材瘦,给人一种个子高的错觉。

She is not particularly tall, but her slim figure gives an illusion of height.

Unint 4

1.有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?

Is it a great pleasure to meet friends from afar?

2.不管白猫黑猫,能抓住老鼠就是好猫。

It doesn’t matter whether the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice.

3.你必须明天上午十点前把那笔钱还给我。

You must let me have the money back without fail by ten o’clock tomorrow morning.

4.请允许我参加这个项目,我对这个项目非常感兴趣。

Allow me to take part in this project; I am more than a little interested in it .

5.人人都知道他比较特殊;他来去随意。

Everyone knows that he is special; he is free to come and go as he pleases.

6.看她脸上不悦的神色,我觉得她似乎有什么话想跟我说。

Watching the unhappy look on her face, I felt as though she wished to say something to me.

Unint 5

1.他说话很自信,给我留下了很深的印象。

He spoke confidently, which impressed me most.

2.我父亲太忘事,老是在找钥匙。

My father is so forgetful that he is always looking for his keys.

3.我十分感激你给我的帮助。

I’m very grateful to you for all the help you have given me.

4.光线不足,加上地面潮湿,使得驾驶十分困难。

The bad light, coupled with the wet ground, made driving very difficult.

5.由于缺乏资金,他们不得不取消了创业计划。

Being starved of funds, they had to cancel their plan to start a business.

6.每当有了麻烦,他们总是依靠我们。

They always lean on us whenever they are in trouble.

Unint 6

1.就像机器需要经常运转一样,身体也需要经常锻炼。

(Just) as a machine needs regular running, so does the body need regular exercise.

2.在美国学习时,他学会了弹钢琴。

He learned to play the piano while studying in the United states.

3.令我们失望的是,他拒绝了我们的邀请。

To our disappointment, he turned down our invitation.

4.真实情况是, 不管是好是坏,随着新科学的进步,世界发生了变化。

The reality is that, for better or worse, the world has changed with the advance of new technologies.

5. 我班里的大多数女生在被要求回答问题时都似乎感到不自在。

Most of the female/girl students in my class appear to be ill at ease when (they are) required to answer questions.

6. 当地政府负责运动会的安全。

The local government took charge of the security for the sports meeting.

Unint 7

1.在会上, 除了其他事情, 他们还讨论了目前的经济形势。(among other things) At the meeting they discussed, among other things, the present economic situation.

2.我对大自然了解得越多, 就越痴迷于大自然的秘。

The more I learned about the nature, the more absorbed I became in its mystery.

3.医生建议说, 有压力的人要学会做一些新鲜有趣、富有挑战性的事情,好让自己的负面情绪有发泄的渠道。(recommend that … should)

The doctor recommends that those stressed people should try something new, interesting and challenging in order to give their negative feelings an outlet. 4.那个学生的成绩差,但老师给他布置了更多的作业,而不是减少作业量。(instead of; cut down)

The teacher gives more homework to the student who had bad grades instead of cutting it down.

5.相比之下,美国的父母更趋向于把孩子的成功归因于天赋。(attribute to)

By contrast, America n parents are more likely to attribute their children’s success to natural talent.

6.教师首先要考虑的事情之一是唤起学生的兴趣,激发他们的创造性。(priority; stimulate)

One of a teacher’s priorities is to stimulate students’ interests and their creativity.

Unint 8

1.她一点也不知道这幅画有一天居然会价100多万美金。

Little did she know that this picture would one day be worth more than a million dollars.

2.虽然我理解你说的话,但是我不同意你在这个问题上的看法。

While I understand what you say, I don’t agree with you on this issue.

3.我认为警察的职责就是保护人民。

I think the police are meant to protect people.

4.昨天我去看他,却发现他已于几天前出国了。(only to do sth.)

I went to see him yesterday, only to find that he had gone abroad several days before.

5.在每周例会上,每个人的发言都不能偏离会议议题。(confine to)

At the weekly meeting, everyone must confine their remarks to the subject.

6.要是我没说那些愚蠢的话该多好!那时我太年轻,不能明辨是非。

If only I hadn’t said those silly words! I was too young then to distinguish right from wrong.

Unint 9

1.我确信自己一定会有出息,即使至今我还没做出大的成绩I am sure that I

will make something of myself, even though I have not achieved any major success so far.

2.我这么多年来如此努力,我觉得自己应该有个好的前途。

I have been working hard for so many years; I feel I am entitled to a good future.

3.当她丈夫离她而去,只留给她生活的残局去收拾时,她的心智失常了

When her husband deserted her, leaving her with nothing but scattered pieces of life to pick up, she went insane.

4.从我的立场看,母亲当时过于严厉,并没有顾及我的感受。

From my standpoint, Mother was too hard on me then, without taking my feelings into account.

5.当我登上事业的顶峰时,常萦绕在我心头的是母亲说过的话:“面对生活,不放弃。”

When I reached the summit of my professional career, mother's words "Never be

a quitter in face of life" were constantly in my mind.

6.你应该知道,不能在大街上踢足球。

You should know better than to play football in the street.

Unint 10

1.整件事情我记得清清楚楚,就好像是昨天发生的一样。

I remember the whole thing clearly as though it had happened yesterday.

2.他们中哪个文章写得最好,哪个就获奖。

Whichever of them writes the best essay will win the prize.

3.事实证明,那次预算为一年后工资上调做好了准备。

It turned out that the budget provided for a salary increase one year later.

4.日复一日,年复一年,她做着同样的工作,但从不抱怨。

She did the same job day after day and year after year, but she never complained.

5.途中她忍受了种种艰难困苦;但什么都不能阻止她寻找失散的女儿。

She endured all kinds of hardships on the journey; nothing could keep her from finding her lost daughter.

6.别跟那帮人混在一起,他们在光天化日之下干了很多坏事。

Don't get mixed up with that gang. They have committed many bad things in broad daylight.

综合教程课后翻译答案

1、我不曾想到,随着时间的流逝,我果真以身为社工而自豪(count on ;take pride in ) What I didn ' t count on was that over time I would sincerely take pride in being a social worker. 2、奶奶迅速瞥了一眼墙上的时钟,发出一声惊呼:天哪,我们要赶不上火车了 ( Shoot a look at ;let out) Shooting a quick look at the clock on the wall, Grandma let out a cry, “ Oh, My dear /My goodness/My gracious, we're going to miss the train! ” 3、我总在幼儿园门口看到一些孩子抓住父母不让走。请问:在这种情形下,年轻的父母们是否得对孩子严厉些,赶紧离开?(stern;hold on to sb) At the kindergarten entrance, I always see some kids/children holding firmly on to their parents. Should young parents be sterner towards their kids/children and leave immediately under these circumstances? 4、昏暗的路灯下站着一个哭泣的小女孩( dim;weep ) In the dim street light stood a weeping little girl/ a girl weeping. 5、富人捐赠时要尽量考虑周全,不要让受赠者陷入难堪的境地(considerate;embarrassing) When making donations, rich people should be as considerate as possible in order not to put the recipient in an embarrassing situation. 6、从上个月起,我的工作就是围绕日常办公事务转,所以现在每天掰着手指算什么时候才到国庆节:我和朋友要去乡下远足呢!(revolve;count the days ) Since last month, my work has been revolving around the routine office duties, so now I am counting the days until the National Day comes, when my friends and I are going hiking in the countryside. 7、无论是友情还是爱情,你都不可能期待自己付出最少而得到最多(maximum ;minimum.) In either friendship or love / In both friendship and love, you should never expect to take / receive the maximum while you give the minimum. 8、我把全部希望寄托在他的承诺上,结果却发现他根本不是个真诚的人(build on;sincerity) I built all my hopes on his promise(s), only to find that he was not a man of sincerity at all. 9、我们带母亲去了所有我们能找到的最好的医院,但一切努力都是徒劳的,母亲还是没能熬过那次疾病(in vain) We took Mother to all the best hospitals we could find, but all our efforts were in vain; she failed to survive the disease. 10、情人节是个一年一度在 2 月14 日庆祝的节日,一个向心仪的对象表达爱意的好日子(affection) Valentine 's Day is an annual holiday celebrated on February 14, a perfect dayto express love to the object of your / one's affection. 11、在信息时代,通过电子邮件方式跟远方的朋友交流几乎可以是同步的(era;via) In the information era, communications with far-away friends via e-mail can be almost / virtually simultaneous. 12、爱情需要培养,我们梦想拥有的“永恒的爱情”只有在双方学会欣赏对方、包容对方之后才可能缔造(nurture;forge) Love needs to be nurtured, and the “ eternal / everlasting love” that we all dream to have is not forged until we learn to appreciate and tolerate the other. 13、以共同兴趣为基础的友谊是不容易破裂的(ground;break up) The friendship based on the sane interest doesn't break up easily 14、孩子们必须学会将电脑游戏中的暴力与勇敢区分开来(distinguish between) Children must learn to distinguish the 15、当今世界每天涌现如此多新鲜事物,要求一个人什么都知晓是不合情理的(sensible)

综合教程1汉译英参考答案

综合教程(第一册)汉译英参考答案 Unit 1 1.他对这次面试中可能提到的问题做好了准备。(confront) He has prepared answers to the questions that he expects to confront during the interview. 2.他悲惨的遭遇深深打动了我们,使我们几乎哭出声来。(touch) His sad story touched us so deeply that we nearly cried. 3.他们俩手挽着手沿着河边散步,有说有笑。(hand in hand) The two of them are walking hand in hand along the riverbank, chatting and laughing. 4.听到这令人激动的消息之后,他眼睛里涌出欢乐的泪水。(well up) When he heard the exciting news, tears of joy welled up in his eyes. 5.上海人容易听懂苏州话,因为上海话和苏州话有许多共同之处。(in common)People from Shanghai can understand Suzhou dialect with ease, for Shanghai dialect and Suzhou dialect have much in common. 6.亨利和妻子正在考虑能不能在三年内买一幢新房子。(look into) Henry and his wife are looking into the possibility of buying a new house within three years. 7.女儿再三请求到国外去深造,他最终让步了。(give in to) He finally gave in to his daughter’s repeated requests to further her education abroad. 8.我们在动身去度假之前把所有的贵重物品都锁好了。(lock away) We locked all our valuables away before we went on holiday. 9.虽然咱们分手了,但我希望咱们依然是好朋友,像以前一样互相关心,互相 帮助。(part) Although we have parted from each other, I hope that we will remain good friends and that we will care for and help each other just as we did in the past. 10.在紧急关头,军长召集全体军官开会,制定新的克敌战略战术。(summon)At that critical moment, the army commander summoned all the officers to work out new strategies and tactics which would make it possible to conquer the enemy. Unit 2 1.一个由外交部长率领的政府代表团昨日抵达南非,开始对该国进行为期3天 的友好访问。(head) Yesterday a government delegation headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs arrived in South Africa and began a three-day friendly visit to the country. 2.看看这些讽刺社会弊端的漫画实在好笑。(awfully funny) It is awfully funny to look at these caricatures which satirize social ills. 3.计算机是最有用的教学工具之一,所有的功课以及所有的问题和答案都可在 屏幕上显示出来。(show on a screen) Computers are one of the most useful teaching aids, for all your lessons as well as all

新视野大学英语1读写教程

新视野大学英语1读写教程 Unite 1 一、Words in use 选词填空 Explore(v. 勘探,探测)transmit(v. 传送,传递,传播)resource(n. 资源)emerge(v. 岀现,为? ??所公认)yield(v. 产生,岀产,屈从,让步)pose(v. 摆姿势,导致)assume(v. 认为,假定,假设)confiden ce( n. 信任信赖,自信心)in herit(v. 沿袭,秉承,继承)c omprehe nsive(a. 综合的,多方面的) 1. Give n the cha nee to show his ability, he rega ined con fide nee and bega n to succeed in school. 2. It is so difficult to explore the bottom of the ocea n because some part s are very deep. 3. It was about 30 sec onds before Alex emerged from the water; we were quite scared. 4. We ofte n assume that whe n other people do the same thi ngs as we do, the y do them for the same reas ons; but this assumpti on is not always

reas on able. 5. There is widespread concern that the risi ng un employme nt may pose a ______ threat to social stability. 6. After a(n) comprehensive physical exam, my doctor said I was in good condition except that my blood pressure was a little high. 7. It is well known that China is a country with rich n atural resources an _____________ d a very big populati on. 8. Some people believe that the earth can yield enou gh food to support at least twice its present population.

新视野读写教程第一册课后答案

新视野读写教程第一册课后答案.txt台湾一日不收复,我一日不过4级!如果太阳不出来了,我就不去上班了;如果出来了,我就继续睡觉!新视野大学英语(第一册)答案 Unit 1 Section A. Learning a Foreign Language 《读写教程 I》: Ex. II, p. 7 1. The kind and patient teacher and her positive method of praising all students often. 2. In junior middle school, his English teacher was kind and patient. He liked to answer questions in class and he made much progress in English. But, in his senior middle school, his teacher punished those who gave wrong answers. He didn’t want to answer questions any more in class. As a result, he did not make much progress in English. 3. In college and junior middle school, his English teachers were both patient and kind, but he didn’t have as many chances to answer questions in college as he did in junior middle school. 4. It requires much time, commitment and discipline to keep up with the flow of the course. 5. Hard work. 6. He could take all the time he needed to consider his ideas and write a reply before posting it on the screen. 7. Learning a foreign language taught him the value of hard work and gave him insights into another culture. 8. He could communicate with many more people than before. 《读写教程 I》: Ex. III, p. 7 1. embarrass

综合教程第一册汉译英答案

单元1 (1)这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。 The baby can’t even crawl yet, let alone walk. (2)威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。 Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder, but in my opinion he told a lie. (3)一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好的应对课外阅读 To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better. (4)根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。 According to the regulation/rule, they both can play the game/participate in the game. (5)有些人想当然的认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。 Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. (6)我们已经讲所有的相关信息告知了警方。 We have passed all the relevant information on to the police. (7)关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没有用,因为我是不会回答你的。 There/ It is no use ask ing me any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer. (8)事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名的吉姆的错误。 It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without reading it carefully (9)他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。 They refused to provide us with all the information we need (10)这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。 This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. (11)这部电影是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。 The film is based on a play by/ of Shakespeare. (12)如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职是就一定比别人根有优势。 If you have a good command/ mastery of English and computer skills, you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job/ in job-hunting. 单元2 (1)很多老师不赞成这种做法。 Many teachers frowned on this practice. (2)当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。 An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the lawn (3)当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。 When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face (4)我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个非常倔。我现在还常想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。 My firstborn was quite obedient, whereas my younger child was very stubborn. I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school. (5)当海啸袭来时,许多东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。 Countries in South East Asia sustained great losses when the tsunami struck the area.

汉译英教程第十三章

汉译英教程 第十三章词类的转换 汉英两种语言,用词方式各不相同,同一意思在不同的语言中有可能使用不同类别的词表达。如汉语中可用形容词作谓语,而英语必须用动词;汉语单句中可有几个动词。而英语单句中谓语动词通常只有一个,其它汉语用动词的地方,英语中只有变换方式。因此,汉英翻译时不可能总是保持原文词类的原貌,而须根据英语的甩词习惯选择词类。现将常见词类转换现 象介绍如下: 第一节汉语动词的转换 一、转换成英语名词 1.汉语中做主语、宾语的动词英译时可译作名词,这时的名词一般都表动作意义或是动词 转化来的名词。如: a)我们也认识到越来越需要使某些经济部门实行工业化。 We also realized the growing need and necessity to industrialize certain sectors of the economy b)采用这种新装置可以大大地降低废品率。 The adoption of this new device will greatly reduce the percentage ot defective products. c)一切爱好和平的人们都要求禁止原子武器。 All peace loving people demand the prohibition of atomic weapons 2.汉语的一些动宾短语,英译时可采用"名词+of”引导的短语的结构。如: a)他一生的真正使命是想办法为推翻资本社会而作出贡献。 His real mission in life was to contribute,in one way or another,to the overthrown of capitalist society. b)看到这张照片,我想起了我的童年。 The sight of the photo brought me back to my childhood. 3 根据英语句式的要求转译为名词 a)在城市和乡村,托儿所和幼儿园都在大量扩展。 There has been a tremendous expansion of nurseries and kindergartens in both town and villages. b)骄傲自满最终毁了他。 Arrogance and complacence turned out to be his ruin. c)一切旨在保证国际机构特别是联合国机构进行工作的便利条件必须恢复。 There must be restoration of all the necessary facilities for the functioning of international organs,particularly the United Nations

新视野大学英语(第三版)第二册读写教程课后答案

新视野大学英语(第三版)第二册读写教程课后答案 新视野大学英语(第三版)第二册读写教程课后答案Unit 1 Language in mission Text A An impressive English lesson Ex.1 Understanding the text 1、Because he is tired of listening to his father and he is not interested in grammar rules. 2、The civilization of Greece and the glory of Roman architecture are so marvelous and remarkable that they should be described at least in a brief account; however, what the student could do was only one single utterance :“whoa!” without any any specific comment. 3、Because the schools fail to set high standards of language proficiency. They only teach a little grammar and less advanced vocabulary. And the younger teachers themselves have little knowledge of the vital structures of language. 4、Because teaching grammar is not an easy job and most of the students will easily get bored if it’s not properly dealt with. 5、He familiarized his son with different parts of speech in a sentence and discussed their specific grammatical functions including how to use adverbs to describe verbs. 6、Because the son had never heard about the various names and functions of words in an English sentence before. 7、The author uses “road map”and “car”to describe grammar and vocabulary. Here,“road map”is considered as grammar and “car”as vocabulary. 8、Since the subjunctive mood his son used is a fairly advanced grammar structure, the interjection“whoa!”reflects the tremendous pride the father had toward his son; it also reflects the author’s humor in using the word because it was once used by his student, tho ugh in two different situations and with two different feelings. Ex.3 Words in use 1.condense 2.exceed 3.deficit 4.exposure 5.asset 6.adequate https://www.sodocs.net/doc/0b4987653.html,petent 8.adjusting 9.precisely 10.beneficial Ex.4 Word building -al/-ial: managerial/editorial/substance/survival/tradition/margin -cy : consistency/accuracy/efficient -y : recovery/ministry/assembly Ex.5 Word building 1.editorial 2.recovery 3.accuracy 4.substance 5.managerial 6.margin 7.assembly 8.Ministry 9.survival 10.tradition 11.consistency 12.efficient Ex.6 Banked cloze 1-5: L C J A I 6-10: O N E H F Ex.7 Expressions in use 1.feel obliged to 2.be serious about 3.run into 4.distinguish between 5.thrust upon 6.was allergic to 7.get lost 8.be attracted to 9.make sense 10.looked upon as Ex.8 Structured writing Some bookworms in my dormitory often spend hours reading their “Bible”, Practical English Grammar, and do a lot of exercises in that book , but I don’t care about it at all. My assumption is since I have never learned Chinese grammar, what’s the sense of l earning English grammar? In fact, English grammar has always been a big headache to me. English grammar is very complicated because, unlike Chinese, there are many verb tenses. Even

新视野大学英语读写教程1答案(全)精编版

新视野大学英语(第2版)第1册Unit 1答案 III. 1. rewarding 2. communicate 3. access 4. embarrassing 5. positive 6. commitment 7. virtual 8. benefits 9. minimum 10. opportunities IV. 1. up 2. into 3. from 4. with 5. to 6. up 7. of 8. in 9. for 10.with V. 1.G 2.B 3.E 4.I 5.H 6.K 7.M 8.O 9.F 10.C Sentence Structure VI. 1. Universities in the east are better equipped, while those in the west are relatively poor. 2. Allan Clark kept talking the price up, while Wilkinson kept knocking it down. 3. The husband spent all his money drinking, while his wife saved all hers for the family. 4. Some guests spoke pleasantly and behaved politely, while others wee insulting and impolite. 5. Outwardly Sara was friendly towards all those concerned, while inwardly she was angry. VII. 1. Not only did Mr. Smith learn the Chinese language, but he also bridged the gap between his culture and ours. 2. Not only did we learn the technology through the online course, but we also learned to communicate with friends in English. 3. Not only did we lose all our money, but we also came close to losing our lives. 4. Not only do the workers want a pay increase, but they also want reduced working hours. 5. Not only is the house expensive, but it is also too far away from my company. Translation VIII. 1. Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making a reply. 2. She is excited by the idea of online learning while be considers it meaningless and useless. 3. Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot. 4. Today, more and more people have access to the Internet through which they look for the information they need. 5. He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is too much for her. 6. Now that we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work. IX. 1. 我永远都不会忘记那位老师,是他告诉我学外语是有趣的、有价值的。如果

综合教程汉译英答案

1. 她是个好学生,但她很害羞,又缺乏自信。She is a good student, but she is shy and lacks confidence. 2. 他承认自己设定的目标不够现实,因此考试成绩也不够理想。He confessed that he had not set realistic targets / goals, so he did not do as well in the exams as he had expected. 3. 如何组织时间,如何结交新朋友是大学新生面临的挑战。(challenge; faced with)How to organize time and how to make friends are challenges that freshmen are faced with. 4.直到大学毕业我才认识到,学习并不是大学生活的全部,大学生活本可以更加丰富多彩。It wasn’t until graduation that I realized college life was not all about studying. It could have been more colorful. 5.大学是人生中最美好的时光。好好享受大学生活,因为这样的时光不会再来。College years are the best years of a person’s life. Enjoy your college life because these moments will never come again. 1. 令很多家长感到困惑的是,为什么孩子们对洋快餐那么感兴趣。What puzzles many parents is why their kids are so crazy about foreign fast food. 2. 到中国之前,你应该对中国的饮食文化有所了解。Y ou should have learnt something about Chinese food culture before you came to China .3. 尽管食品安全问题引起了广泛关注,食品安全仍然面临严峻的问题。Despite all the attention that has been paid to food safety, it still faces serious problems. 4. 除了欣赏美景外,品尝当地的小吃也是一大美事。Apart from appreciating the beautiful scenery, tasting some local food is also a great pleasure. 5. 肯德基、麦当劳等洋快餐的出现对中国的传统饮食产生了不小的影响。The appearance of foreign fast food such as KFC and McDonald’s has had quite an influence on traditional Chinese food. 1 人们往往凭第一印象去判断一个人,虽然有时第一印象并不可靠。People tend to judge a person by first impressions, though sometimes the first impression is not really reliable. 2 他非常感谢那些在他困难时期给过他帮助和支持的人。 He is very grateful to those who offered help and support when he was in trouble. 3 总的来说,中国人比较含蓄,一般不怎么愿意和陌生人交谈。Generally speaking, Chinese people are more reserved; they are less inclined to talk to strangers. 4 正是他乐于助人的品德使他赢得了人们的尊重. It is his virtue of being ready to help others that earns him people’s respect. 5 他们之间建立了良好的关系,这给双方都带来了很多好处。They established a good relationship, from which both of them benefited a lot. 1 虽然父母有教育子女的义务,但很多父母不知道如何扮演好这一角色。Despite the fact that parents have the responsibility to educate their children, many of them have no idea how to play the role well. 2 他主张父母应该成为孩子的朋友,并在言行上保持一致。He advocates that parents should be friends to their kids, and be consistent in what they say and do. 3 父母往往能认识到知识教育的重要性,却忽视了对孩子的情感教育。Parents are generally conscious of the importance of academic education while neglecting emotional education. 4 父母在子女教育方面所起的积极作用是显而易见的。The positive influence that parents may have on their children’s education is obvious and self-evident. 5 对孩子取得的任何进步都要给予肯定,不管是多么小的进步。Be positive about any progress your child is ma king, no matter how small it is. 1 到达山顶后,游客们被眼前的美景惊呆了。Upon reaching the top of the mountain, the tourists were overwhelmed by the beauty of what they saw. 2 他强烈推荐游览华山, 因为与以前爬过的山相比,华山更具有挑战性。He highly recommended visiting Huashan Mountain, because in comparison with the mountains we climbed before, Huashan Mountain is more challenging. 3 国庆期间我们去了黄山,发现黄山的美无法用文字形容。During the National Day holidays we went to Huangshan Mountain, the beauty of which we found is beyond words. 4 对我而言,旅游是有效的放松方式。我去过很多地方,确实觉得旅游带来的益处非常大。For me, travelling is an effective way to relax. I have travelled to many places and really feel that the benefits have been huge. 5 这次故乡之行让我想起了我小时候在那里度过的快乐时光。The trip back to my home town reminded me of the happy days I spent there when I was a child. 1 我们消耗的能量越多,造成的污染也可能越多。The more energy we consume, the more pollution we are likely to produce. 2 事实证明宣传活动是成功的,它把人们的注意力吸引到环境保护上来。The publicity campaign turned out to be quite successful in drawing people’s attention to environmental protection. 3 事实是,不可再生资源正日益枯竭;如何满足未来的能源需求是科学家高度关心的问题。The fact is that we are running out of non-renewable resources. How to meet our energy needs in the future is a major concern for scientists. 4 按照目前的能源消耗速度,能源短缺是不可避免的。At the present pace we consume energy, an energy shortage is inevitable. 5 离开家前,要记得关掉电视和电脑等电器。Always remember to switch off electrical equipment like TVs and computers before you leave the house.

相关主题