What do you think one can do to be a happy person?
2. 自从她去年离开上海去重新过她的农村生活后，我的心里一直很失落。Since she left Shanghai and resumed her life in the country last year, a void has found its way into my heart.
It didn't even cross my mind that he would win the first prize.
I grew up in a big city, so the rat race is no longer new to me.
6. 教书是一个重要的职业——一个令人神往的职业，充满挑战和激情。Teaching is an important profession—a fascinating one, filled with challenges and excitement.
7. 如果这位科学伟人还活着的话，毫无疑问他会扩充他的定义，把最新的研究成果If the great scientist were still alive today, he would no doubt expand his definition to include the latest research findings.
8. 解决国与国之间争端的最好的办法是通过联合国。The best way to solve disputes between countries is through the United Nations.
Goods produced by big factories are taking the place of the goods produced by small workshops.
The likely consequences of the incident need to be reflected on/upon.
11. 他差点解决了这个问题。He was within an inch of solving the problem.
If you want to transfer your property to someone, you should first make him the legal owner of it.
13. 自从公司迁到这个地区以来，已有数十台电脑被盗，公司决定采取措施制止盗窃。More than ten computers have been stolen since the company moved to this area, so the company decided to take action to stop it.
The situation calls for quick response from the government; otherwise, heavy loss cannot be avoided.
15. 帕特与家人在一起感到很不自在，他不知道是否应该把这个消息公布出来。Pat felt uneasy with his family, wondering whether or not to announce the news.
Currently, they are conducting a full investigation to work (find) out what caused the accident.
We need to check out what he said. If that is the case, we should take necessary measures to prevent cheating at exam from happening. 18. 生活并不总是像美丽的童话，你得承认这点。
Life is not always like a fairy tale, and you have to live with it.
They were the smartest young people in Germany—the cream of the crop of their generation.
20. 这件事已经够复杂的，你最好不要再插手了。The thing has already been very complex, so you had better not step in again.
Thanks to your suggestion, it didn't take long to iron out the difficulties.
22. 你女儿最终会离开家过自己的生活，但这会儿她还得依赖你的支持。Eventually your daughter will leave home to lead her own life, but in the meantime she has to rely on your support.
23. 虽然她面临金钱问题，但她知道如何解决它们。Though she is confronted with money problems, she knows how to solve them.
24. 由于你有了电脑和手机，我们交流就更容易了。Now that you have a computer and a cell phone, we can communicate more easily.
What this means in practical terms is that once you cheat, you lose.
The story made him/her realize that one's future lies in his/her own hands and not in the approval of others.
It's your own fault. Don't blame others for the failure of your work. 28. 老板说由你负责决定要它还是不要它。
The boss said it was up to you to decide whether to take it or not. 29. 由于这对孪生姐妹长得如此之像，人们很难将她们区分开。The twin sisters looked so alike that people could hardly distinguish one from the other.