Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making a reply.
She is excited by the idea of online learning while be considers it meaningless and useless.
3.与以英语为母语的人交谈是非常有益的体验，从中我们能学到许多东西。Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot.
Today, more and more people have access to the Internet through which they look for the information they need.
5. 他要她放弃工作在家照顾孩子，但是她觉得这个要求太过分了。He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is too much for her.
Now that we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.
1. 我永远都不会忘记那位老师，是他告诉我学外语是有趣的、有价值的。如果没有他，我的英语说得不会像现在这样好。I'll never forget the teacher who showed me that learning a foreign language could be fun and rewarding. Were it not for him, I would not be able to speak English as well as I do now.
2 没有任何其他语言能像英语那样让你感受到多姿多彩的世界文化。有了过硬的英语知识，你就可以体验奇妙的文化之旅.No other language lets you experience the cultures of the world like English. With a strong knowledge of the English language, you can have wonderful cultural adventures.
Instead of only writing compositions about the subjects that your teacher has given you, do something enjoyable, like writing emails to a friend.
4. 远程教学课程是指授课者与学生通过计算机通信技术进行交流的课程。Distance learning courses are courses in which the instructor communicates with students using computer technology.
5. 英语不但是世界上最有用的语言，也是世界上最易学、易用的语言之一。English is not only the most useful language in the world, but it is also one of the easiest languages to learn and to use.
6远程教学课程在时间安排上给予学生更多的自由，但与其他课程比，这些课程要求学生有更强的自律能力。Distance learning courses give students greater freedom of time management, but these classes require more self-discipline than other classes.
As she was about to turn off the music, her father burst into he room and shouted at her, ―Can’t you turn down the music a little bit?"
The owner of the bar kept watching the girl dancing while pretending not to.
Rock music appealed to Sandy so much that she turned it up, paying no attention to her father’s objection.
As usual, when his parents don’t like what he wears, they start buggin g him.
At the meeting they discussed how to keep the lines of communication open between teachers and students.
6.一想到这些年幼的男孩和女孩被父母强迫沿街讨钱我就生气。It makes my blood boil to think of these young boys and girls who are forced by their parents to beg for money along the streets.
1. 我认为那些在镇上游手好闲、在身上又文身又穿洞的青少年是在表达他们的个性。I suppose teenagers walking around town with tattoos and piercings all over their bodies are expressing themselves.
2. 因特网提供了一种更快捷的方式，让我们与全球的新老客户取得联系，并保持沟通渠道畅通无阻。The Internet gives us a faster way to reach new and existing customers around the world and to keep the lines of communication widely open.
3. 父母与自己十多岁的孩子的沟通问题不仅仅在于“代沟”，而且还在于双方都不完全理解对方的思想。The problem of communication between parents and their teenage children does not only lie in the "generation gap", but also in the fact that neither side fully understands the ideas of the other side.
4. 当父母与子女有了这类沟通障碍时，青少年面临的问题可能更大。When there is this type of communication barrier between parents and children, the big issues teenagers face can become bigger.
5. 青少年常常要经历这么一个阶段，在这个阶段，他们觉得父母会让他们没面子，害怕他们达不到自己朋友的标准。It's not unusual for teenagers to go through a phase when they feel ashamed of their parents, afraid that they might not live up to their friends' standards.
For example, teenagers want to stay out till all hours of the night, but when it comes to getting up in the morning in time for classes, it's a different story.
I have decided to accept the new post, even though the job is not very well paid.
3.The job has been taken to be very simple until (it is) actually started.
4.Now that you are planning to move to Canada, you must try to adjust to cold weather in winter.
5.He promised to help us to buy the house, but with a little reluctance.
6.This is an important meeting. Please see to it that you are not late for it.
1. 他决心向那个女孩谈自己的计划，即使他知道她很可能拒绝听。He made up his mind to talk to the girl about his plan, even though he knew she might very well refuse to listen.
2. 一离开那条长长的正街，他就发现自己身处城里十分贫穷的区域。Once off that long High Street, he found himself in some very poor parts of the town.
3. 听到那首歌，我不禁悲从中来，想起了那些困苦的日子。When hearing the song,
I couldn't help crying and remembering those difficult days.
4. 每个想过健康生活的人，都必须在工作和娱乐之间寻求适当的平衡。Finding the right balance between work and play is necessary for a person who wants to lead a healthy life.
5. 我的第一位老板真让人讨厌，让每个人日子难过似乎是他的乐趣。我干了没多久就走人了。My first boss was a really nasty person, who seemed to enjoy making life difficult for everyone. I didn't work for him long before leaving.
Will you please see to it that this work is finished by the end of the week? The head office is considering sending you to London on important business.
she was so absorbed in reading the book that she was not conscious of someone coming in.
He was late for almost an hour for the first meeting, leaving a bad impression on everyone.
Consciously or unconsciously, we make up our minds about people through their eyes, faces, bodies, and attitudes.
Professor Zhou was committed to the cause of language teaching all his life.
Many how-to books advise you that if you want to make a good impression, the trick is to be consistently you, at your best.
The media sometimes sends mixed messages, but most people believe what they see over what they hear.
1. 史密斯教授关于形体语言的讲座非常重要，所有的学生都认真地对待这次讲座。Professor Smith's lecture on body language was so important that all of the students took it seriously.
2. 董事长意识到这不是好的过错，对好笑了笑来缓和气氛。Realizing it wasn't her fault, the chairman smiled at her to lighten the atmosphere
3. 她大怒，把我的杯子摔在地上，摔得粉碎。She was so angry that she threw my cup on the floor, breaking it into pieces.
4. 观察他的形体语言，你可以判断出他是在跟你说实话还是仅仅找个借口敷衍你。By reading his body language, you can tell whether he is being truthful with you or if he is just giving you an excuse.
5. 不管人们对你说些什么，记住“观其行胜于闻其言”。No matter what people are saying to you, remember that sometimes, "actions can speak louder than words".
Body movements are unconscious forms of expressions and they can convey certain information to the audience.
I hope that the effort that we’ve made will be of some use to the battle against AI DS. 尽管地方性组织在同艾滋病作斗争方面做了很大的努力，农村地区的艾滋病患者数量还是在增长。
Despite all the efforts form the local organizations in the battle against AIDS, the number of people in rural areas diagnosed with AIDS has been increasing.
Please turn off the TV, because the noise will distract her from her homework.
由于缺乏资金和必要设备，这家公司过了很长时间才实施提高产品质量的计划。It was a long time before the company implemented the program to improve the quality of its goods because of lack of money and necessary equipment.
You’d better learn something about the course before signing up for it.
The policy is playing a more and more important role in promoting the development of local economy.
1.病人的免疫系统会将新移植的心脏当成异物面排斥。The patient's immune system would reject the new heart as a foreign object.
2. 有人说我们许多人饮食太糟，缺乏维他命和矿物质，因而我们的身心都受到损害。Some people say that many of us eat so badly that we suffer mental and physical damage because of both vitamin and mineral deficiency.
3. 生物医学研究将会使很多艾滋病病毒感染者延长寿命，生活少些痛苦。Biomedical research will enable many individuals infected with HIV to live longer, more comfortable lives.
4. 中央政府已经发布了一项五年行动计划，旨在鼓励社会各部门都参与艾滋病的防治。The central government has published a five-year action plan meant to encourage all parts of society to join in AIDS prevention and control.
5. 一个人感染了艾滋病毒，其症状一般要6到10年后才会表现出来。Disease symptoms do not usually appear until six to ten years after a person is infected with HIV.
6. 许多年来，人们眼睁睁看着艾滋病泛滥成灾，争论着有效的艾滋病防治措施在贫穷国家究竟是否适用。For years, the world stared at the spreading AIDS disaster and argued whether effective AIDS care could ever be practical in poor countries.
I, for one, am far from ready to use online courses for my learning. Don’t get me wrong I am very happy about all the communication and learning opportunities the courses have give us. But for me those opportunities should not be used to replace classroom activities. In other words, they are only tools to help me learn what has already been offered in the classroom.
I love the classroom. I love having classmates. There are forty students in my class right now, and I think it’s great. I even love having classmates who are better than me. And, Let’s not forget the smell of ink on paper, the sound of chalk on a blackboard, the hardness of a wooden bench or heat inside the classroom in early September. I love it all. But most of all, I love having a teacher—a ―real live‖ teacher. I get excited when I am in the classroom with a good teacher. I learn in a way that has been proven to work. I am given insight not only into a certain subject, but also into the world. What makes having a classroom teacher so special? A good teacher pushes me to succeed. A good teacher rewards me with praise when I have done well and stays positive and gives me hope when I am down . I don’t believe that a teacher using a virtual classroom can reach out to in the same way. A teacher communicating through the Internet cannot share the same type of relationship a classroom teacher and student share.
I guess that I am lucky to have had situation to so many excellent classroom teachers.
I will never forget the kindness and commitment that those teachers have shown me Their examples make it hard for me to accept a way of learning that does not include them . You can me ―old-fashioned‖, but as long as there is a classroom, that’s where I will be learning.
I’m not sure whether a ―generation gap‖ exists, but if it does, I hope I’m still standing on the youth’s side of the gap. I may be 50 and then some, but I still like to rock. When I was younger, I listened to all of the new rock and roll music , and I really got into it . But, listening to as well as rocking to new and unique music. I have to admin
that rock and roll has changed since I was a teenager, but it is still about using rhythm to express feeling.
Some of the changes have been very positive . Advances in technology made personal recording simple and given us access to music on the Internet Nowadays you can’t throw a stone without hitting someone that has made their own CD. You don’t have to just listen to music made and sold by big record companies . Many groups send their music straight to community radio stations This allows for truly new music to be heard that record companies have never even touched I play drums for one such group myself.
My daughter is an actual teenager and she is thoroughly disgusted by my listening to and playing , as she puts it, ‖those awful tunes . ‖ Classical music and playing the piano appeal to her. She pretends to show concern by making c omments like ,‖You should turn that stuff down or you will hurt your ears, ‖but I know what she is really trying to say is upset ,though. And I don’t worry about my music having a(n) negative influence on her In any case ,she is probably right about my ears; I likely have lost some hearing from going to too many loud concert as I have . I can’t stay that it wasn’t worth it, though . If I had to it all over again I would do it all the same except I would protect my ears better
Do not put off until tomorrow the good you can do today. There are so many possibilities that can get in the way of a good or great deed Examples of people who missed out on good opportunities are everywhere , and when it is too late, they regret missing the chance to have been of service. Saying ―tomorrow‖ just once instead of doing some good may lead to a habit of saying ―tomorrow‖ . and tomorrow may never come . One delay is followed by another , and matters get out of hand quickly ,even when attempts are made to correct them .
Therefore , we must take things on as soon as we see them . This is the secret to progress and success One good deed can awaken us to new and greater opportunities to help those around us ,and thus, make our life richer. One good turn leads to another , and thus, the good is made larger . Once something great has been achieved,we are free to set our sights on the next opportunity to help that arise Each new opportunity may be bigger and better than the last And so ,I urge you to use all your efforts to do what good you can today instead of tomorrow .
Do not spend your time with thing that are neither good nor valuable. This will save you from mistake . If you are given a task that you do not believe is helpful ,delay it. Time will wash it away for you . At the same time, the beginnings of something positive will have built up . Do it at once ! A kind word ,or a(n) service to others is never a waste of your time ,and you will reap the benefits of doing good and enjoy peace of mind.
Standing in th e door of Mr Murphy’s office ,I could see he was learned on something he was reading. He had both elbow on his desk, his head was resting on one hand and his other hand was cupped about his mouth. I knew that he was keeping his office hours and that student participation was encouraged ,but all the same , I was afraid to
approach . Then ,as I turned to leave , my foot banged against the bottom of the door ,startling me and causing the professor to look up. His eyes had simply moved from the desk to me, but the rest of his physical body remained the same . He invited me in without gesture, just a ―Come in. What is it that you need? ‖ There was little if any warmth or tone in his voice; it wasn’t exactly encouragement Despite being intimidated, I made a conscious effort to relax and persuaded myself to smile and enter the room. ―Mr. Murphy ,‖ the pitch of my voice rose as I begin my introduction I am sorry to interrupt . my name is Peter . I am in your second-period English class. “Peter did you say it was? ‖he replied. His reaction disappointed me. It was apparent that I had not made much of an impression with the presentation I made in class last week. he said my name as if he would not have remembered it without my having stated it for him first –as though he were no more impressed than if he had encountered a beggar on the street He continued ,‖Do you have something you want to discuss with me , or do you just stop by to visit ?
In fact, I had stopped by to visit,but I was no longer feeling up to it and was looking for a fast exit . It seemed that the invitation he had extend in class ,‖ Drop by my office for a visit anytime . My door is always open . ‖ was just a(n) empty gesture probably required by the school. I reach inside my bag and pulled out my English language textbook. I figured I can ask him a quick question rather than try to have a meaningful conversation.