1. When I knew the details I realized that I should not have lost my temper in the office.
2. I don’t / didn’t know Bob very well, but we go / went out for an occasional drink together.
3. The meeting is supposed to take place on Tuesday, but we have to postpone it / put it off.
4. Our government took action to bring / get all the Chinese in that country back to China.
5. Including weekends, there are only 12 more days to buy Christmas presents / gifts.
6 .Without immediate action, many kinds / species of wild animals would die from hunger.
1. You won’t get the job unless you’ve got the experience.
2. I spent most of my time studying the differences between
Chinese and American cultures.
3. The statement is so clear that it can’t cause any misunderstanding.
4. He wishes he could give her more help than he does.
5. Remember to invite her to the birthday party, or she would complain.
6. “You have to add $2,500 for equipment purchase / buying equipment to the cost,” said the director.
7. It is important to be aware of your strengths and weaknesses and the environment you are in.
8. You will soon find yourself without any friends at all if you keep on being so rude to everybody.
1 The individuals who have contributed are far too many / numerous to mention.
2 The noise woke us up in the middle of the night.
3 He shouldn’t have been angry at what I said. It was nothing more than a joke.
4 We invited all our friends to the picnic, but it rained and only five of them showed up.
5 Marriage is viewed as a serious matter.
6 To my disappointment, the movie didn’t live up to my expectations.
1.My friend said she would consider making a donation to
2.I suggest he think carefully about it before he makes any
3.John is likely to come to the party tomorrow.
4.It is not enough to have only theoretical knowledge. We should
learn how to put theory into practice.
5.You shouldn’t have gone back to the burning building- you might
have been badly\seriously burned.
6.It had never crossed my mind that there might be a problem.
7.Charles is shy and does not take the initiative in making friends.
1.Lengthy negotiations must take place before any agreement can be
2.A computer can store a great deal of information.
3.By the age of 24, the young man had made himself CEO of a large
4.The teacher knows all his students by name.
5.The police have finally succeeded in solving the mystery.
6.He likes all kinds of sports, but most of all, basketball.
7.He is eager to meet his favorite pop star face to face.
8.They fell in love with each other because they had common
1.The topic of the speech was announced a week in advance, but the
name of the speaker was not.
2.It seemed incredible that some students played football just before
3.Mr. Auden is a happy man, who derives pleasure from helping
4.Most people are aware of/ have realized the need to reduce energy
5.First of all, you must have clear goals and then a practical/feasible
6.I’m not accustomed to such luxury. It’s a waste of money.
7.The results of the exam will be put up on Friday afternoon.
8.Some cruel experiments on animals are carried out in the name of