句子精炼( Sentences in Focus )
Unit 2 接待口译（机场迎宾、宾馆入住、宴会招待、参观访问）
1. This is a fantastic airport, absolutely one of the top-notch international airports.（这个机场太美了，绝对是一个顶尖的国际机场。）
2. I’m very bad with a jet-lag. But I will be all right in a couple of days.（我倒时差很慢，但两天后自然就回复了。）
3. I’d like to have a 7 o’clock morning call, breakfast sent up to my room, laundry done, some documents photocopied, an express mail sent out, and something like that.（我要早上7点钟叫醒，早餐送到我房间，衣服要熨，文件要复印，邮件要快递，诸如此类的事情需要服务。）
4. We all maneuvered successfully to get our job done, so to speak.（可以说我们每个人都成功的使我们的使命得以完成。）
5. Let’s delight ourselves completely in the foods that Mother Nature grants us.（让我们尽情享受大自然赋予我们的食物吧。）
6. 我要是没认错的话，您一定是从伦敦来的泰莱科教授吧。(You must be Prof. Tallack from London, if I’m not mistaken.)
7. 我是海通集团人力资源部经理。(I’m manager of Human Resources, the Haitong Group.)
8. 感激您不辞辛劳，从百忙之中抽空来我公司指导。(We are very grateful that you took time from your busy schedule and came to our company to give us advice.)
9. 今晚我们设宴为您洗尘。(We will host a reception dinner in your honor this evening.)
10. 我在你们的酒店预订了一间双人间，有确认函。(I have made a reservation for
a double room with your hotel. And here is the confirmation letter.)
11. 提前10天预定房间可以享受8折优惠价。(You will have a good rate with 20％off when you make a reservation 10 days in advance.)
12. 我们有许多现代化的健身设备可以满足客人的不同需求。(We have many modern fitness facilities catering to the different needs of our guests.)
13. 没有凯兰女士的最后努力，现在还不知道怎样呢，恐怕我们还在谈判之中呢。(Without Ms. K eland’s last-minute effort, we would still be in the middle of nowher e, probably in the middle of negotiations, I’m afraid.)
14. 同中国其他菜系一样，“本帮菜”具有“色、香、味”三大要素，特点是注重调料的使用、食物的质地和菜的原汁原味。(Like all other Chinese regional cuisines, Ben bang cuisine takes “color, aroma and taste” as its essential quality elements. It emphasizes in particular the expert use of seasonings, the selection of raw materials with quality texture, and original flavors.)
15. 这些菜绝对是首选，你一定喜欢。别客气，请随意。(These dishes are absolutely tasters′ choice. I bet you will like them. Please help yourself to the dishes.)
16. 各位能够赏光来此共度一年中的这个美好时光，我感到非常荣幸，让我们共同举杯，祝各位身体健康，事业有成，阖家幸福。(I consider it a great honor to have you all here for this wonderful time of the year. Let us drink to the health, great career and happy family of everybody present.)
17. 我们先来鸟瞰一下整个园区吧，然后在园区内各处转悠一下，用我们的话来说就是“走马观花”。(First of all, we will take a bird’s-eye view of the Park. And then we will look around in the Park and, to use a Chinese metaphor, we will “cast a passing glance at flowers while riding on a horseback”.) 18. 高科技园区享有国家授予的项目审批权和优惠政策，是一个与国际管理体质接轨的经济区域。(The high-tech Park is authorized by the state government to approve projects with preferential policies, operating under the management system of international standards.)
19. 园区注重产业、教育和研发的整合，为引入企业提供一条龙服务。(The Park focuses on the integration of industry, education, and R＆D and provides a stream-lined one-stop service for incoming enterprises.)
20. 为了确保环境质量，我们始终坚持“以绿引资、以资养绿”的发展战略，园区绿化率达到45％以上。(To ensure the quality of the environment, we stick
steadfastly to our development strategy of “attracting investment with a green environment and maintaining a green environment through investment”. As a result, the Park has a green coverage of more than 45％.)
Unit 3 会谈口译（欢迎光临、投资意向、合资企业、文化差异）
1. It is my great pleasure and privilege to have received your gracious invitation and work with a distinguished group of China’s automobile specialists.（我为自己能受到贵方的友好邀请，与一组优秀的中国汽车专家合作公事而深感愉快和荣幸。）
2. A growing number of American firms have been pouring into China’s inland provinces, although coastal cities such as Shanghai and Tianjin are still among their first choices of investment with many foreign investors. （虽然上海、天津这些沿海城市任然是许多外国投资者的首选目标，但越来越多的美国公司纷纷涌入中国的内地省份。）
3. I would like to discuss with you the possibilities of establishing a joint venture with your company to manufacture progressive-scan DVD home theater systems of the latest model. （我想同您商讨一下能否与贵公司合资建立一家企业，共同生产最新款式的逐行扫描DVD家庭影院系统。）
4. I suggest that we should set up a board of directors for the management of the company and share rights and obligations as equal partners. （我建议成立董事会来监管公司的运作，并以平等的伙伴关系分享权力，承担义务。）
5. I cannot decide what exactly the phrase indicates. They failed to make any sense to me. （我难以断定这个词究竟意味这什么，我未能理解其中的含义。）
6. In our school, discussion is given top priority and seminar is the way of class. （在我们学校，讨论享有至高无上的地位，讨论就是课堂教学的主旋律。）
7. The flexible and adaptable capacity makes a popular teacher among students. （具有灵活应变才能教师最受学生欢迎。）
8. Confucianism sings high praises for individuals to uplift themselves for the benefit of communal harmony, that is, communal harmony takes precedence over individual freedom. （儒家思想强调整体和谐，强调整体和谐高于个体自由。）9. 我希望您太太能早日与您在此团聚，我公司会支付包括国际机票在内的一切费用。(I hope your wife will soon join you here. The company will pay for all the needed expenses, including her international flight.)
10. 中央政府很重视全面对外开放，不仅开放沿海城市，也开放内地，尽可能吸引外资。(The central government focuses a lot of attention on opening the country up to the outside world in all directions, including coastal cities and interior areas.)
11. 由于外国直接在华投资可以最大限度发挥有关各方的优势，所以许多海外机构与个人投资者认为，他们在中国直接投资比同中国公司做生意更有利可图。(Because direct investment in China can maximize the strengths of all parties concerned, many overseas institutional and individual investors have found
it more profitable to invest directly in China than to do trading with Chinese companies.)
12. 中国幅员辽阔，自然资源丰富，劳动力低廉，税收低，消费市场潜力大，社会环境稳定，投资政策诱人，经济回报率高。(China is known for her massive land, abundant natural resources, cheap labor, low taxation, potential consumer market, stable social environment, attractive investment policies, and high economic returns of investment.)
13. 在华投资的方式很多，你可以同中方合资办企业，也可以独资办公司，选择自己最喜欢的方式经营，但不可超越中国法律。(There is a variety of ways to invest in China. You may establish a joint venture with a Chinese partner or a company solely-funded by yourself, in which case you may manage your business in whatever way you prefer within the boundary of the Chinese laws, of course.)
14. 投资兴办合资企业时，通常外方提供资金、机械设备、先进技术和管理方法，而中方则提供土地、劳动力以及部分用于基础设施建设的资金。(When establishing a joint venture, the foreign partner usually brings into the enterprise capital funds, machinery, advanced technology and management, while the Chinese partner supplies land, labor, and a portion of the funds for the infrastructure.)
15. 我们来讨论一下建立合资企业的事宜吧。您能告诉我您的设想吗？例如，您打算在合资企业中占有多少投资份额？(Let’s get down to the business of establishing a joint venture. May I have some idea of your plan? For instance,
how much would be your share of investment in this venture?)
16. 我们之间的投资份额可以对半开，在经营管理责权和利润分配上也可以对半开。(My suggestion for the investment share in this partnership is in the vicinity of 50 to 50, and the same applies to business management and profits share.)
17. 我们合作期定位10年，只要双方愿意，期满后我们还可以续签合同。(Let’s say we begin with a 10-year term of a renewable partnership; we can extend our contact for another term before it expires, if both parties intend to.)
18. 我们的想法不谋而合。(Your idea coincides with me.)
19. 我们是否可在下周再举行一轮会谈，集中讨论一些技术性的问题吧。(Shall we hold another round of talk next week focusing on some technical problems?)
20. 由于时间关系，我们今天暂且谈到这里，以后再接着聊吧。(As time is limited, we have to stop here today, but we will find some other time to continue our talk.)
Unit 4 访谈口译（行在美国、艾滋哀之、经营之道、音乐天才）
1. This is basically a correct observation, which says something about the American way of life.（这种看法基本正确，它反映了美国人的生活方式。）
2. Each state has its own traffic laws, and a driver from another state is expected to know and understand the local laws. （各州都有自己的交通规则，外州来的开车者应该辽机的当地的法规。）
3. My country has the most developed car rental industry in the world, so you may very well want to reserve a car through your travel agent in your own country if you intend to drive while traveling in my country. （我国有世界上最发达的租车业，你若打算在我国开车旅行，完全可以通过自己国家的旅行社办理租车预定事宜。）
4. Airfare in this country is not regulated, and airlines often make special offers in order to attract customers. （这个国家没有统一的飞机票价，各航空公司经常以竞相销价的方式来吸引更多的旅客。）
5. It’s actually easier to call a taxi company listed in the Yellow Pages of a telephone directory and ask them to send a cab to pick you up at your doorstep. （事实上一种较为便利的做法是按电话薄黄页部分所列的出租车公司的号码打电话叫车，让他们派车上门来接你。）
6.Interpretation is a communicative activity.Specifically,it is a verbal translation of the speaker’s speech from the speaker’s language to the language of the target audience to achieve the purpose bilingual or multilingual communication in various situations.(口译是一种交际活动，具体来说，是将发言者的说话内容口头翻译成目标听众的语言，以达到双语或多语的交际目的。）
7. Simultaneous interpretation requires a specialized audio system with headsets for the audience,a soundproof booth for the team of interpreters and two interpreters per language. （同声传译要求配有专门的音频系统，要
为听众提供耳机，为译员小组提供隔音的同传厢，并为每种语言配备两名译员。）8.The interpreter has to do his utmost to remember everything that's been said and is being said.Holding all that stuff in the head while at the same time figuring out how to orally translate in the language of the target audience,the interpreter faces a tremendous mental task that really stretches both memory and intellect.（口译员必须竭尽所能记住讲话者已说过和正在说的内容，同时还要考虑如何以目标语言传译给目标听众，这对人的记忆能力和思维能力都是莫大的考验。）
9. I think Chinese businesspeople, who are said to work with the”get-to-business-first” mentality. （我认为中国人在商务谈判时倾向于使用一种与会婉转的方式，而那些被认为在工作时具有一种“公务为先”的心态的美国人则往往表现出较为直截了当的作风。）
10. The Chinese-type management encourages cooperation among employees, between the labor and the management, and gives employees a joy of participation and fulfillment, as well as a sense of pride in their work. （中国式的管理方式鼓励员工之间的合作，也鼓励普通员工与管理人员之间的合作，始于员工有一种喜悦的参与感和成就感，使他们对自己的工作产生一种自豪感。）11. I think most Chinese try to find the meaning of life through working in their jobs, and view works as essential for having membership in a community. （我认为大多数中国人想从工作中找到生活的意义，他们将视为能是自己成为团体的一份子的必不可缺的条件。）
12. Put it in another way, many Chinese people regard work as a prerequisite to gain social acceptance in the community. （换言之，许多中国人认为工作是是自己得到社会认可的先决条件。）
13. Songwriting is an expression of my personal experience, and if people find that interesting, then that’s the icing on the cake. （歌曲创作是我自我体验的一种表白。如果人们觉得很有意思，那就是锦上添花了。）
14. 听说美国城市的公共交通不尽如人意，有没有这回事？(It is said that the public transportation if American cities are not very desirable is n’t it?)
15. 司机在高速公路上开车时必须将自己的行车速度控制在标牌规定的最高限速与最低限速之间。(When driving on expressways, the driver must control his or her speed within the range of the posted maximum and minimum speed. ) 16. 一直听说您很忙，很高兴能把您请来谈一下翻译，尤其是谈一下口译。(We know that you're always on a busy schedule，and we’re very delighted to have you here with us and talk about translation and in particular interpretation and interpreting.)
17. 美式经营之道在我们中国人看来常常显得咄咄逼人。(The American way of business practice often appears to us Chinese to be very aggressive.) 18. 我们应该承认我们之间的文化差异，应该尊重这些差异，以免产生误解。(We have to recognize and respect our cultural differences, so as to prevent any possible misunderstanding.)
19. 我把首张专辑献给母亲，因为她对我的艺术生涯产生了巨大的影响。(I dedicated my debut album to my mother because she had a tremendous impact on my art career.)
20. 请你用三个词来总结一下自己走过的人生道路，并给那些想成为歌手和作曲家的年轻人提些建议。(Please describe your life in just three words and give some tips to the aspiring singers and songwriters.)
Unite 5 礼仪性口译--英译汉（故地重游、愉悦之旅、共创未来、新的长征）
1. Permit me first of all to thank you, our host, for your extraordinary arrangements and hospitality.（首先请允许我感谢东道主的精心安排与好客。）
2. Thank you very much for your gracious words of welcome. This is a happy and memorable occasion for me personally as well as for all the members of my delegation. （我非常感谢您热情洋溢的欢迎词，对我本人以及代表团所有成员来说，这是愉快而难忘的一刻。）
3. To come to China, one of the early cradles of civilization has long been my dream and therefore, I feel much honored to be your guest. （访问中国这个古老文明的摇篮是我梦寐以求的愿望，我为自己能成为贵国的客人而深感荣幸。）
4. In accepting Your Excellency’s gracious invitation to visit this great country, I have had an excellent opportunity to renew old friendships and establish new contacts. （我接受阁下的盛情邀请访问这个伟大的国家，这使得
5. I wish to thank you for the incomparable hospitality, for which the Chinese people are justly famous throughout the world. （对中国人民所独有的，着称于世的款待，我谨向你们表示感谢.）
6. We have acquired a keen sense of the diversity, dynamism, and progress of china under the policies of reform and opening to the outside world. （我们都已强烈感受到，贵国在改革开放政策的引导下，气象万千，充满活力，不断进步。）
7. I have a special regard and personal friendship for the people of China, in which I never experienced anything other than the utmost courtesy and genuine friendship of your people. （我对中国人民怀有一种特殊的敬慕之情和
8. Our friendly and cooperative ties have become extensive, affecting all aspects of our national lives, including industry, agriculture, commerce, culture, public health, education, and scientific and technological exchange. （我们友好合作的领域十分广泛，已涉及我们国家生活的方方面面，如工业，农业，商业，文化，卫生，教育，以及科学交流等领域。）
9. I’m looking forward, in the few days, to the opportunity of learning something from your endeavors and experience in promoting economic and social development in the service of your people. （我期待着在今后几天里能有机会
10. We recognize that our differences are greatly overshadowed by issues which bind us and strengthen our relationship. （我们已经注意到，那些将我们联系在一起并且强化我们关系的已经在很大程度上弱化了我们之间的差距。）11. Our visit to your country is a symbol of a good faith with which we seek to build up the strength of or friendship, our cultural and commercial ties and our important strategic relationship. （我们对贵国的访问是一种良好诚意的象征，我们怀着这种良好的诚意，希望能在友谊的基础上建立文化关系和商业关系，建立重要的战略关系。）
12. It is absolutely vital that all nations, big or small, strong or weak, should conduct their relations with each other on the basis of mutual respect, equality and mutual benefit. （所有国家，无论其大小强弱，都应该在相互尊重，平等互利的基础上处理相互间的关系，这一点是至关重要的。）
13. We must frankly acknowledge the fundamental differences in ideology and institutions between our two societies. （我们必须坦率的承认我们两个社会在意识形态上和制度上的根本差异。）
14. I have come to China not to hold forth on what divides us, but to build on what binds us, not to dwell on a closed-door past, but to urge us to look to the beautiful future. （我来中国不是为了评说那些将我们分割开来的东西，
15. I have always believed the heritage of our past is the seed that bring forth the harvest of our future. （我一向认为我们的历史传统孕育着未来的丰收。）
16. Today China’s economy crackles with the dynamics of change, and you are beginning to reach out toward new horizons, and we salute your courage. （今天，中国经济突飞猛进，日新月异。你们开始迈向新的高度，为此，我们向你们表现出的勇气致敬。）
17. Let the pacific tide roll peacefully on, carrying a two-way flow of people and ideas that can break down barriers of suspicion and mistrust, and build up bonds of cooperation and shared optimism. （让这股太平洋的浪潮平顺的滚滚向前，促进人民的双向交流，促进思想的双向交流，打破猜忌和不信任这两大障碍，建立合作关系，树立共有的乐观精神。）
18. Let us start a long march together along different roads leading to the same goal of building a new world of peace and justice, a world in which all people may stand together with equal dignity, and a world in which each nation has the right to determine its own course of development. （让我们沿着通往共同目标的不同道路一起开始新的长征。这个目标就是建立一个和平与正义的新世界，在这个世界里所有人都可以站在一起，享有同等的尊严，所有国家都有权选择自己的发展道路。）
19. I’d like to take this opportunity to extend to Your Excellency an invitation to visit Canada, so that we will have an opportunity to return the warm welcome and generous hospitality you extended to us. （我愿借此机会邀请阁下访问加拿大，以便使我们能有机会回报你们给予我们的热情欢迎和盛情款待。）
20. May I ask all of you present to join me in raising your glasses to the friendship and cooperation of our two peoples! （我敬请各位一起举杯，为我们的友谊与合作而干杯。）
Unite 6 礼仪性口译—汉译英（新春联欢、圣诞晚会、开幕祝词、展望未来）
1. 我谨代表总经理以及公司的全体同仁，感谢各位从百忙中拨冗光临我们的新年联欢晚会。On behalf of the general manager, and on behalf of all my colleagues of the company, I wish to thank you all for taking time off your busy schedule to come to our New Year’s party.
2. 今晚我们请到了从伦敦远道而来的贵宾与我们一起共度中秋佳节，我为此而深感自豪与荣幸。I feel very proud and honored tonight to have the attendance of the distinguished guests, who came here all the way from London to join us in our celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival.
3. 我谨代表我们一行的全体成员，感谢董事长先生的盛情邀请，使我们有幸参加这次精彩的圣诞晚会。On behalf of all the members of my group, I’d like to thank you, Mr. Chairman, for granting us the gracious invitation to attend such
an enjoyable Christmas party.
4. 我感谢各位嘉宾的光临，并祝各位新年身体健康，万事如意。I’d like to thank you for your presence at the party, and wish everyone good health and the very best of luck in everything in a new year.
I hope this party will give us an opportunity to get to know each other better in a less formal way and to increase personal friendship..
The party was perfectly organized and I enjoyed every minute of it. And I am very grateful for this nice arrangement.
7. 让我们在这年终岁末之际，共同举杯，祝贺这喜庆佳节。I would like to toast with you to this happy occasion at the close of the year.
8. 有了信念，我们将无所畏惧的跨入充满挑战和机遇的新一年。Armed with that faith, we should be able to embark undaunted upon the New Year with all its challenges and chances.
9. 今年我们合资企业的销售额显着增长，我希望我们能继续保持这种务实的合作关系，使明年的业绩更加辉煌。It has been a great year; a year in which our joints venture had a remarkable sales growth. I hope we will be able to maintain the practical cooperative relationship and make the New Year a more fruitful
10. 我宣布“重庆城市建设国际研讨会”现在开幕。May I hereby declare open “Chongqing International Symposium on Urban Construction”.
11. 请允许我代表筹委会的全体成员，向海内外各界来宾表示热烈的欢迎. Permit me, on behalf of the organizing committee, to extend a warm welcome to our guests of various circles, from home and abroad.
12. 大会所在地的很多教育界人士对本次会议的成功召开给予了很大的帮助，对此我谨致以诚挚的谢意。I wish to express our sincere thanks to the people of the local education community, whose generous help has made possible the successful commencement of this conference.
13. 这是一次具有历史意义的开拓性的会议，它对形成一个新的世界格局将产生积极影响。The conference is one of a pioneering endeavor and historic significance, one that will have a positive impact on the shaping of a new world order.
14. 我相信本届年会对于推动中国社区服务事业的蓬勃开展，促进经济发展和社会稳定，具有积极地作用和意义。I am certain that this annual meeting will prove to be constructive and significant in promoting the prosperous development of China’s community service program as well as China’s economic development and social stability.
Some developed countries and regions have accumulated much experience in the field of environmental protection, and their experience certainly merits our reference and study.
Though geographically far apart，China and Latin America enjoy a friendship that dates back to antiquity.
We have found increasingly more common language whether in nation-building and governance or in international affairs.
While there lies a vast ocean between the two countries，we have shared aspirations. What binds us together is not only our profound traditions of friendship and close bonds of interest .but also our common pursuit of
a beautiful dream.
Throughout history，with great tenacity the Chinese nation has emerged
resilient from trials and tribulations. It has never given up its pursuit of great dreams，The great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation has been a long-cherished dream of the Chinese nation since modern times.
We have set up a two-fold goal:Number one ,doubling the 2010 GDP and per-capita income of both urban and rural residents and accomplishing the building of a moderately prosperous society in all respects by the year 2020;and number two, building a modern socialist country that is prosperous，democratic，culturally advanced and harmonious，and fulfilling the Chinese dream of achieving the great revitalization of the Chinese nation by mid-21st century.
Unit 7 介绍性口译—英译汉（绿色城市、浪漫香槟、游客之居、教堂之游）
1. Here many cultures blended and created new knowledge and built innovative ways to live.多种文化在此交织融合，创造了新的知识，也构建了前所未有的生活方式。
2. This university blends amazing cultural diversity, unexcelled natural beauty,big life,and cutting-edge education and discovery.这所大学融合了精彩纷呈的文化多样性、无与伦比的自然景观、包容大气的生活方式、先进的教育