Unit 1 p23-25 第2,3题
1.Rules and regulations should be strictly followed;no one is supposed to compromise on safety standards.
2.She can't blame others.She must pay for her self-induced
3.He steered the boat carefully between the rocks.
4.An examiner must have some knowledge in testing;otherwise he cannot frame his questions clearly.
5.His last remark demonstrated his lack of knowledge on this
6.Finally the police had to employ force to break up the crowd.
7.He claims that the new teaching approach helps to promote
students' creative ability.
8.The teachers were most impressed by your performance in the
exam.Your scored 98 marks whereas most of your classmates failed.
9.Among all the workers interviewed every one agreed that Martin had made an important contribution to the company's success.
10.I know you did it deliberately ,just to annoy me.
11.We should try our best to help those who are in financial
difficulty and cannot pay their tuition fees on time.
12.The fast economic growth of our country has attracted the attention of many economists,who all think that is a miracle.
1. Being a mother of two young kids,Sarah always makes a point of
spending as much times as she can with them.
2. I looked up the word in the dictionary to refresh my memory of
its exact meaning.
3. The chairman warned yesterday that a pay rise for teachers would lead to job cuts.
4. Realizing that his retirement(退休）was near at hand ,he looked
for some additional income.
5. The famous actor keeps fit by working out for an hour every
6. She is constantly under pressure and it is affecting her health.
7. Last but not least,I would like to thank all the people who have given us unselfish assistance throughout these years.
8. We've been trying to get back to you,Tom,but we think we took
your number down incorrectly.
9. In addition to giving a general introduction to computer
science,the course also provides practical experience.
10. All the students were involved in making costumes and scenery
for the show.
11. It was a perfectly ordinary day;in other words,I went to work
and came home as usual.
12. Critics pointed out that the prince,on his income,should be
13. Don't say it is profitless to do this.The effort will pay off in the
The judge asked the reporters not to disclose the name of the victim.
2) The teacher took pains to make sure that we all understood what he said.
3) Recently the school conducted a survey among those students
who have attained academic excellence.
4) He said he would accept the job, so we have asked him to confirm his acceptance by writing us a letter.
5) George studies very hard. He wants to make the most of his chance to learn. 6) We can't go. To begin with, it's too cold. Besides, we're busy.
7) It's about time that someone spoke up for these basic truths / facts.
8) You should be working instead of lying there in bed at this time of the day. 9) I'll jot down some notes while he's speaking.
s too heavy.
't carry the suitcase on my own; it'10) I can
Unit 2 p54-56
1)I like that singer a lot, but I haven' his latest CD anywhere. obtain t been able to
项confident that the project(2) Jim said he was very
)would be successful.
目with one another by e-communicate3) Nowadays people prefer to
over the other players. advantage4) Being tall gave him a(n) information he had gathered.5) He based his article on the
扮6) Role-play(角色演)is helpful in developing communication skills.
7) Sometimes she eats a lot and sometimes nothing at all; she just goes from one extreme to the other.
8) My trip to Australia proved to be a most enjoyable experience.
9) It is assumed that the Internet is an efficient means of communic
10) I'm afraid that getting things changed is a slow process.
11) Traffic is terribly bad nowadays, particularly in the city center.
12) There are too many characters in this novel; could you spare a f
ew minutes and help me clear up my confusion?
13) Her behaviour of smoking in public really astonished us.
14) All the students are interested in his lectures; apparently he is a qualified teacher.
1) It is not that I don't like this singer. The fact is that I'm not very fo
nd of country music.
2) The cost is directly related to the amount of time spent on the pr
3) The story is so interesting that I cannot help reading the next chapter to find out what's going to happen.
4) To a certain extent, it was my fault that we lost the match.
5) Girls may bring their boy friends to the party and vice versa.
6) He is always ready to help others; no doubt he'll be willing to hel
p you, too.
7) The new vaccine(疫one of its most terrifying diseases. the world of苗)may rid8) I assume that the misunderstanding between the two sides will b soon.
cleared up e
, you will have to go to prison. or else9) You must pay $2,000; 环10) We must fight pollution and protect our environment(.
at all costs境)
he did. 11) I said he would forget, and sure enough
12) He cannot ride a bicycle, let alone
13) In his hurry to leave the room he left his gold watch on the desk
14) It's no use worrying about Jim; he is now with his aunt who love
s him and will no doubt take good care of him.
15) He wants to improve his English by reading dictionaries, but in
my view it is not an effective method of learning.
16) I called Linda last night and asked her if the exhibition of Chinese paintings in her university was worth seeing.
1) 这个婴儿还不会爬(crawl)，更不要说走了。(let alone)
The baby can't even crawl yet, let alone walk!
2) 威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正和一群朋友吃饭，但是我认为他在说谎。(claim, in one's opinion)
Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder, but in my opinion he told a lie.
3) 一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关；有了阅读技巧，你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。(to a certain extent, relate …to …, cope with)
To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better.
(take a look)
Can you take a look at the engine to see what's wrong?
5) 有些人想当然地认为日语(Japanese)中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。(assume, equivalent)
Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every