1. What’s your full name?
2. Can I have your name, please?
3. Are there any special meanings of your name?
4. Do you like your name? Why?
5. Do Chinese people like changing their names?
6. What kind of people in China like changing their names?
7. Is there any rule for Chinese people giving names to their children?
My hometown is Guangzhou. It is the capital of Guangdong province in the southwest of China. It is a large industrial city. It is close to Hong Kong so a lot of the industries involve trade and retail. It is also a finance area. The people in Guangzhou are very genial and helpful, also are very easy to get around. If you lose your way and ask someone, he will give you the direction immediately, he can also give you a hand if you are in trouble. By the year 2011, it is believed that my hometown Guangzhou has become the economic center of China.
2. Where is it located?
3. How about the climate in your hometown? Which season do you like?
In my hometown Guangzhou, the four seasons are not evident, which only has spring and summer. It is too hot in the summer and it is also humid in the winter. I like summer better, for we will go swimming and start our outdoor activities in the summer, it gives us pretty environment, which full of various kinds of colors. Another reason is that it is suitable for traveling around.
4. How about the people in your hometown?
The people in my hometown Guangzhou are very genial and helpful, also are very easy to get around. People will always give you a hand with things. If you lose your way and ask someone, he will give you the direction immediately, he can also give you a hand if you are in trouble.
5. What do most people do in your hometown?
Oh yes. Even though Guangzhou is very modern, it has some interesting temples and streets. There is one called the Temple of Six Banyan Trees and it was built about 1500 years ago. There is also a famous cultural and commercial street in Guangzhou called Beijing Road. In this street, you can not only see a historic exhibition about different years roadbed, which has more than thousand histories, but also has many business shops sale almost all kinds of things. Besides, you can taste traditional snacks and refreshments or experience temples with /unusual special architectural style nearby. Anyway, it is an interesting place so worth to visit!
7. How about the style of the building in your hometown?
8. What is one of the greatest changes having taken place over the years?
9. What problems still exist in your hometown?
10. How to improve the situation in your hometown?
11. Where is Chinese population mainly distributed?
12. What changes have occurred in people’s dwelling?
1. Are you an employee or a student? (Are you working or studying?)
2. What is your major?
3. Do you like your major? Why?
4. What will you do in the future? (Do you have any future plan?)
1. Are you an employee or a student? (Are you working or studying?)
2. How did you get this job?
3. Do you like it? If you have another chance, what job would you like to take?
4. What is your routine work everyday?
5. What is the popular job in your hometown?
6. What about the working environment in your work?
1. Tell me something about your family.
2. Who usually dose housework in your family?
3. Do you do the housework? What housework do you do in your family?
4. What changes have taken place in the status of family members as time changes?
5. What kind of housework do you think is the most important?
6. What changes have been brought about advancement of science and technology?
1. What do people usually do in their spare time?
Well, it depends. Different people may have different choice. Generally, the old man like staying at home to read books or feed pets. Young people more fashionable, so they may go shopping and watch movies at cinema. The kids just like playing games with others. And amusement park is their favorite place in free time.
2. Do you think spare time is important to you? Why?
Yes, of course. I think spare time gives people freedom from study and work. It is a period of time totally belonging to an individual and therefore full of characteristic and initiatives.
3. What do you do in your spare time?
4. How do you balance your work and your spare time?
5. What are the popular ways to relax nowadays?
1. What’s your favorite food?
2. What food don’t you like to eat?
3. Do you like going out to eat?
4. What kind of restaurant is your favorite? When do you usually eat in a restaurant?
I go to restaurant with my family once a month. I like restaurant with good food, lots of variety and good service, also I like to eat something different from what is cooked at home. Certainly, the restaurant should also be clean. I do not really like big restaurant. Smaller restaurant are often kinder to customers and not so expensive. Sometimes you will find in some of the really big restaurants the waiters and waitresses are so busy that they have no time to serve you.
5. Can you say something about the good points and bad points of eating in a restaurant?
6. What is the difference between the people’s eating habit (standard of living) in modern time and that in the
7. What is people’s attitude towards healthy food? Any changes in their attitude? And what are some negative
of “unhealthy” food?
1. Do you often go shopping? Do you like it?
2. What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Like other girls, I really adore some bright-colored shirt, skirt suits and blouses, and I dislike the dark-colored clothes, which look like so depressive and serious. I like clothes that are comfortable to wear, especially in hot weather. For me, I am not picky and choosy about the clothes, also I do not mind whether it is brand or not, as long as the design is attractive and the price is reasonable, I will take it.
3. Why do you choose to shop there?
4. What do you often buy? What’s your way of shopping?
5. What’s your way of purchasing?
6. What kind of shopping mall is popular in China?
7. Who prefer shopping more, men or women?
1. What kind of sports do you like? Why?
Playing sports helps increase our level of energy, allows we to make new friends, helps prevent disease, and increase stamina. As a girl, I always intend to keep in a good shape, and do not want to get fatter; however, the only effective way to keep slim is exercising, not on diet which will threaten my health seriously.
2. What sports do you play in school?
3. What sports do others play in school?
4. Do you see sports program?
5. Do you think it is reasonable that sports stars earn a lot of money?
6. How to keep fit?
Taking more exercises are also important if we want to keep fit. Now, more and more people are participating all kinds of sports, which include playing yoga, tennis, badminton and so on. I work hard to keep fit, and there are many times that I fall short of my goals. When that happens, I try again with a renewed spirit.
7. What kind of sports do you like? Why?
I like jogging, playing basketball, badminton, go swimming and so on. Actually, most exercises are my favorite ones. They can work out the fat and strengthen the muscle through getting sweat. Eventually, I can keep fit.
8. Do Chinese do lots of exercise?
This has been being talked about like a buzzword among people, especially to those ladies who are dying to become more eye-catching, attention-grabbing. I think it is a good thing, but do not ever overdo it. Besides, mentioning how to lose weight, I think the first and most effective way that is doing regular exercise. Another good way I can think of is being on diet, but definitely not crash diet. Lose weight is like there is always fine line, do not ever cross it. As I suppose being on crazy crash diet of only tap water would be the very unwilling thing that everybody wants to do and it will totally ruin your health.
Some people lose weight by restricting crash diet of only tap water, it is really pathetic. Some others even to eat weight-losing medicine, which would be more miserable thing. I think the first and most effective way that is doing regular exercise. Another good way I can think of is being on diet, but definitely not crash diet. Only we use right and healthy scientific methods, it can be secure and effective/valid way to lose our weight steadily and healthily.
11. Do you like going to gym to get in shape?
1. What kinds of effects do computers do for our life?
2. Do you often write E-mails? Why? What is the bad thing by writing
Yeah, I do. E-mail is a cool way to communicate with people who live far away. And making phone calls is certainly a big bonus for everybody. But seriously, there are still sometime when people do not feel like talking on the phone! Apparently, E-mail can really sort this out! Besides, the speed of delivery for E-mail is almost immediate. It is much faster than letters. But I am not saying it is all good! As to the bad point, the thing I can think about is writing E-mail will degrade my handwriting. Also, sometimes it will send back if addressee refuses or the servers/receiver broken down.
3. How do you like to communicate, by letter of phone?
4. What kind of people is using mobile phone most?
5. Who is using mobile phone most in your family? Why?
It is a really cool stuff. You know, mobile phone, which sounded like something that was too alien to people several decades age, has now already become so common that people even can not imagine how to live without it! Mobile phone is no doubt a big bonus for businessman and those who think landlines are king of out. Also, mobile phone has more and more functions and uses with development of science and technology. Whatever function you could possibly imagine will make the people love it to death!
Well, the first thing is the radiation. I was told that there is kind of radiation will be given off from mobile phone when you keep it open, which is doing no good to the people’s health. And another bad thing I can think of is the price, I am not sure about others, but it usually cost a lot to use mobile phone.
8. Do you wear watch?
9. Can you outline the industries in China?
10. What technology does China lack?
11. Which part of China has the largest popular?
12. What do you think of E-shopping? Talk about something advantages and disadvantages.
I like shopping as well as E-shopping, although it is a new line in China. It has been so popular for its time-saving and convenient delivery services in some big cities. Just it still has some pros and cons. Firstly, some products can be seen properly from screen but can not be touch, who will guarantee the quality of goods? Secondly, some payments online are not secure enough and pin number always be stolen or missed, just because it has not been fully developed in China. At last, the services of E-shopping are not satisfied in some cities, home-delivery is slow and after sale services are awful.However，I believe E-shopping will be getting better and better in China.
1. Do you love listening to music? Why?
I like a variety of styles of music involve pop, classical, light, musical and so on. It is a fantastic world, which can bring you enlightenment and inspiration. I particularly enjoy classical music and songs, especially music performed by string quartets, also the lyrics of the songs that inspire me in my life. I will forget everything while listen to the music.
3. Do you think children play instruments will change their way to think about music?
4. When do you listen to music?
I always listen to music while I am doing housework because I hate doing chores, but music is fun. It makes me happy. Sometimes, I listen to music on the way home from school. When I am in a good mood as well as in a bad mood, I also listen to it. Actually, music has become a part of my life.
5. What effects of music on people’
First of all, listening the music can relax ourselves completely, particularly after whole day’s study and work, sitting down and listening the wonderful melodies, that is fantastic! Secondly, music plays big role in most people’s lives, whether intentionally or not. We can listen to music at home, on the bus, at work, in shops, in fact everywhere we go. Thirdly, music has some special effects which can soothe anger and let people calm down. If we listen to classical or sacred music in this moment then it can aid our spiritual side. Pop or light music can lift our spirits and cheer us up. Some heavy rock music can also make us want to dance and full of energy. Lastly, we can learn knowledge from music like the historical events and the backgrounds of the music as well, even the deeply meaning of the song.
6. Should children learn to play musical instruments? Why or not?
7. Is music important for children? Why or why not?
8. What can parents do in order to improve their children’s interests in music?
9. Will people spend more time listening to music in the future?
10. What are the differences between Chinese and Western music?
The greatest difference from Western music I think that is music is conceived by the Chinese as a means of calming the passion and of dispelling unrest and lust, rather than as a form of amusement. Also, traditionally the Chinese have believe that sound influences the harmony of the universe, so melody and tone color are prominent expressive features of Chinese music.
11. Do you watch TV? Should parents let their children watch TV as they like?
12. Are most TV programs suited for women and children?
Yes, of course I do. I can not imagine a life without reading, for reading is the best way to learn. Reading can enrich your knowledge and broaden your horizon. I love reading because reading is a happy journey of soul-searching. It teachers me tolerance and humanity. It also let me think about things deeply and more sagacity. It usually helps me run away from my bitterness and cheer me up again.
2. Where do you usually read?
At home. It is such an enjoyment, you know, to crouch in sofa reading, with a cup of tea at hand. And I also enjoy reading in large bookstores because the environment in large bookshops is delightful. Mostly /Generally, I try to read something before I go to bed every day.
3. How much time do you spend in reading every day?
4. What do you like reading?
5. Do you like reading newspaper?
6. Which kind would you prefer, local newspaper or international newspaper? Why?
Well, as the saying goes “No one even knows what is gonna happen the next second!”. So I think it is way too early to talk about this now. Maybe it will now. Maybe it will not. Because so far, no other media channel can hold a candle to newspaper, which is pretty convenient and cheap.
8. Do you like reading magazine? Why?
Well, first of all, I think photographs are a great way to remember what you see and to express what you experience the significant events of our lives or capture the happy moments with family. Secondly, I enjoy taking photographs on the way of traveling and trips. It can as just a way of recording travel inspiration and experiences. And I am crazy about taking pictures of myself. Because I think I am kind of photogenic. I usually look more charming that what I really look in real life.
2. Which kind of pictures do you like?
3. When do you take photos?
Mostly, I would take photos at memorable events, such as festivals, relatives’wedding, my friends’birthdays, etc. I sometimes take photos at family reunions and get-togethers with former classmates or friends. I also take my camera with me when I take traveling or go springs outing.
4. Do Chinese people like taking pictures?
Taking pictures is a good way of keeping memories. Those sweet memories will immediately jump into people’s mind every time when people enjoy their photos. I guess this is one of reasons why lots of people got digital cameras, even wider recorders. And sometimes, people can get a huge sense of satisfaction and achievement when they show their millions of nice photos to their friends.
My family took a photo last year in scenic spot of the window of the world. It is very precious because my father often goes out for business so it was always difficult for all the family members to get together and take photos. And we decided to capture everyone’s smile in one photo each year as a memento. Now, I put that photon on the wall. I do not put my own art photographs or artworks by famous photographers on the wall in my room because I feel family photos can show how happy we are.
7. How to classify photos?
8. What should you pay attention to when you take photos of the old?
1. What kind of transport do you like? Why? What are the advantage and disadvantage of it?
2. What is the most popular transport in China?
Generally speaking, my favorite transport/ transportation is subway. I live right next to a subway entrance and it takes me nearly everywhere I need to go. It is very punctual and convenient. Also, it is much faster than transports which are on the road. But it really depends on where I am going. For example, there is no way for me to make my way from Guangzhou to London by subway! And if I need to go somewhere off the line, I usually take a taxi or bus.
The transport/transportation I would choose as my favorite would be a bicycle. I use it almost every day.
I am quite fast on the bicycle and I think I ride one quite well. I think the main reason I like using a bicycle is that it is convenient. Bicycles are easy to park. A car is difficult to park. A bicycle is also much cheaper than other kinds of transports/transportations. I do not need to spend much money on one. I only need to pay for repairs. A bicycle also gives me food exercise. I can stay in shape riding one. I do not have to go jogging in the morning extra. Of course, when you ride one, you need to be careful and have to concentrate on the other cyclists and the cars.
Talking about this question, there are many things less impressive. The first thing I can think of is traffic jam. You know, the traffic jam is absolutely everywhere, especially in big cities when it comes to rush hour. Another bad thing that pops into my head is air pollution that all the vehicles cause. Can you imagine how horrible it would be if someone was uncomfortably taking in a bus or a taxi which were busily leaking smog? One more thing is the crowding of there are some public vehicles. I am sure no one wants to be pushed into the teeny, tiny compartment with all the people jammed.
5. When are the vehicles most crowded?
6. What are advantages and disadvantages of the bus?
Speaking of traffic, you know as the saying goes: “Rome was not built on one day.” I think this is not like something can be improved in couple of days and by couples of people. So I think it is the high time that both
government and individual should do something. From government perspective, a series of systematic and reasonable regulations and rules should be carried out and lay down the law to limit the number of cars on the street which based on currently unsatisfactory situation. Also I think we should develop our public transport/transportation better. If public transport/transportation could be as convenient and comfortable as a car, then many people would choose it instead. So, the number of private cars on the road will be lesser and lesser, and the road would be loose and spacious.As to individual, we should take public transport/transportation when we go out as far as possible. As far as I am concerned, I will strictly observe all the relevant regulations and rules so that I can set a very good example to other citizens.
8. How to improve the traffic in cities?
9. Do you like traveling？Why
Oh, I like it so much. I always visiting other cities in China on my holidays, it is brilliant to go to another place which is quite different from the place where you live. The most pleasure of traveling is communicating with local people. I can also learn numerous new things through traveling. For example local dialects, people and customs, histories and even some simple foreign languages, meanwhile I can buy many local craftworks, souvenirs and so on.
10. What kind of places is likely to become tourist attraction?
11. Can you describe a famous tourist attract you’
Among the places of interest and tourist attractions I have been to, Beijing is most unforgettable. It is the capital of our country. It is also a historical city of having a long history to well off many historic sites, such as the Great Wall,Temple of Heaven, the Imperial Palace and so on. I love visit the Summer Palace best. It was built for the Qing dynasty royal families and aristocracy. It is full of elegant and noble breaths everywhere. There is an extremely graceful Long Corridor which is filled with exquisite religion and occidental oil paintings. And, the shipping beside the lake in the Palace is extraordinary grand and bulky. The prow is especially beautiful so I take a mass of pictures with it. The poplar and willow leaves hand down on the water-surface, which consist of a beauty frames. It is so cozy and comfortable when the breeze blows my face. Also, the Lake in the Northern- Sea Park is incredible. The water is so clear that I can even see the bottom. Anyway, Beijing is really worth visiting.
12. What can tourists
Traveling helps us to broaden our minds and identify ourselves with nature. It enables us to see new place, meet different people and learn about diverse cultures. Traveling can also relieve a person of boredom and gloom, and then leave him good memories. Besides, people travel to resort areas to relax in the sun, to see beautiful scenery and to taste various foods between different cities and countries. If you experience different people and customs, you can find it is nearly relevant with local historical events. That is so interesting! In many-sided, traveling is a good way for those who have to work in office whole day as busily as a bee to relax theirs entire minds and bodies completely.
13. Where do you like to visit the most?
1. What’s your favorite color?
2. What color don’t you like? What dose it stand for？
3. Do you think that your favorite color is going to change as time goes?
4. What can we find from the colors that people like?
5. What’s the influence of colors on you?
6. What colors did you like in the past? Why?
7. Do colors have different meanings?
8. Is there a color that is special to Chinese? What dose it stand for
Yes, some colors have special meanings in China. For example, red represents happiness. During the important and spring festival, people, especially children will dress in red and they also wrap their gifts in red papers. Red is also used to add some festival atmosphere. Each family would put up the big red lanterns outsides and insides. You can see almost everything on the street attire in red. It is like a red ocean.
9. Do you think that colors mean differently in different situation?
10. What’s the relationship between colors and personality?
We can know what kind of personality people have through what colors they like. It is said if you like light colors, maybe you are easy-going and hospitable, also must be an optimist person who enjoys life, leisure, and excitement. It you prefer dark colors like gray and brown, possibly you are introvert and conservative, you are as well probably quiet, shy and you are going to hide yourself away from strangers. That is to say/in other words, people who are fond of light colors are usually more optimistic than those enjoy dark colors.
1. Would you like to live in a nice flat without air-conditioning?
2. Does traffic cause pollution? How to solve the pollution？
3. What dose your country do to solve pollution
China has already signed and ratified the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the amended Montreal Protocol on Ozone Depleting Substances. China is now on the process of formulating national action programmes for implementing this international convention and protocol. China has promulgated the law of the people’s republic of China for the prevention of atmosphere pollution.
4. What do you think is the best way to solve pollution
I think it requires coalition and cooperation between government and individuals. From government perspective, at first, it should popularize the conception of environment protection and encourage individuals to protect the environment. Secondly, developing strategies and measures for protecting the atmosphere involves the legislative, planning, scientific research and educational sectors. Besides, strict laws should be enacted to punish the factories that pollute the air and water. The most important, I think, the government should plant more trees and develop new technology to purify the polluted water. As far as individuals are concerned, we can recycle whenever possible. This will enable us to use fewer resources. People can aid this process by separating their waste into categories-plastics, metals, paper, organic waste (e.g. waste food)-even before the waste is collected. Also, people can use fewer resources such as water and electricity. It can reduce the amount of chemicals they use as well, particularly for cleaning. In the other hand, Pollution is not only a serious problem facing certain country but also a serious problem facing human beings as a whole.
5. How do you like of noise?
6. What kind of sound you love and what kind of sound you hate most?
7. What do you know about the environmental protection in your
Environment protection is a controversial issue in China and it is one of the most serious problems in my hometown. In Guangzhou, the quality of air is not so good and it is always foggy. So, the whole city is hazy and also full of fog. It is caused by Guangzhou is a large industrial city. But the government and local council have been trying to control the worsen phenomenon, like planting more trees on the street, recycling the garbage and sanitize the public facilities. As well as they can call on people to keep our environment tidy and not to throw rubbish on the street. On the Planting Day, some people go to suburb to plant trees as they know that the only most effective way to lower the carbon dioxide is planting trees. Eventually, the situation getting better and better but it is still worse than some other cities like Shanghai and Kunming. However, I believe that my hometown will be beautiful after series of improvement.
8. What problems do you think there are in the environment?
I think the biggest problem is the pollution, such as water pollution, air pollution, noise pollution and so on. With the development of industry and expansion of population, more water resources have been polluted and becomed undrinkable. The increasing vehicles cause air and noise pollution. More and more high buildings and large mansions as well as trigger much serious light pollution. On the whole, I think our environment has become worse.
9. Do you think people are aware of the environmental issues?
Yes, I think so. More and more people have been aware of the importance of environment protection. It is realized that the worsening of environment will affect our life. We may have no fresh air and water one day. The development of economy can not be shortsighted. If the environment is destroyed, people can not have happy life even if the economy is highly developed.
10. What do you think the government should to protect the environment?
I think that there are several things that people can do as individuals. First of all, we should be aware of the importance of environment and do our best to protect the environment. An obvious thing is to recycle whenever possible. This will enable us to use fewer resources. People can aid this process by separating their waste into categories-plastics, metals, paper, organic waste (e.g. waste food)-even before the waste is collected. Also, people can use fewer resources such as water and electricity. It can reduce the amount of chemicals they use as well, particularly for cleaning. We can as well as use fewer plastics bags to reduce the white pollution. The used batteries should be put in the pointed places and treated properly.
Besides what I mentioned above, I usually use the environmentally friendly washing powder and cleanser. Recently it was advocated to take public transport/transportation as far as possible. I respond the advocacy and always take subway or bus when I egress/go out. Also, I participate in the Planting Day activity zealously each year. I think our environment will be improved if every individual makes some practical actions and contributions energetically.
1. Do you go to museums?
2. What kinds of museums do Chinese people like to visit?
3. Why do people go to museums?
4. Should people buy tickets to go to museums?
5. In which way can a museum attract more people?
6. Do you collect things?
7. What collections are the Chinese interested in?
8. What can people learn from their collections?
9. If you are going to collect anything, what’s your interest?
10. Why do you like collecting things?
1. Do you love going to park or garden? Why?
2. How often do you usually go there?
3. What are you doing there?
1. Which season do you love most? Why?
2. What is your favorite season? What do you do in that season?
3. Would you describe the climate of the place where you live?
4. Can you describe a bad weather you once met?
5. What do people usually do in spring?
6. What are the differences in life style between people in the south and those in the north?
Because of great differences in climate, people in the north lead a quite different life from those in the south. the southern enjoy nightlife, for example, for it is too hot to go out during the day. And they do not living in a house facing south, which is, on the contrary, the first priority of the northern because in the north sunshine is too limited during winter. Winter in the south is generally cold and damp, so soup becomes a necessary part of their daily diet.
7. What are the causes and effects of natural disasters?
8. What should the government do to prevent disasters?
The government should arouse public awareness of environment protection and in the meantime make laws to protect natural resources. And it is equally important for the government to launch projects to cultivated lands to woodlands, speed up work on key work hydraulic projects and to build sewage plants.
1. What do you think of the main changes over the past 20 years in China?
2. What do you think about women’s status in China?
Now, the status of women in China is better than before, for the rapid development of Chinese economic and the civilization of modern society. Women now almost become the half of the sky, some of them take executive positions in the company, and more and more women are being elected as the chairman of women enterprises. Almost 90% of married women in the city have a job with the regular income, they do not depend on men any more, marriage is rather equal both for men and women. They also participate in almost every aspect of the social activities, so they live amore free life now and enjoy it.
1. What qualities do you think a good teacher should have?
I think a good teacher should possess pleasant personalities, like the sense of humor, responsibility and patience. Also, he should know more about his subject than the textbook and be able to communicate his knowledge well in order to inspire his students to loftier heights. Besides knowledge, he should teach the students some social knowledge, and help them form the team spirit as well. It does not matter about his dress but he certainly should treat with every student without discrimination.
2. Do you think teachers have high position in the society?
Yes, of course. Because our country have been making the strategic policy of developing the nation/country through science and education, the government pays more attention to education than before, and the teachers’position has improved. They earn higher salary and have better welfare. Besides, teachers are respected more, due to they take the role of cultivating the young and make great contribution to society.
3. Do many young people in your country want to be teachers?
Yes, I think there are more and more young people who are willing to choose this career. It is mainly because the government pays more attention to it.
4. What do you think education should be?
Well, I think education should not only make students acquire academic knowledge, but also allow them form right values, including ethics and International concept. So, it must enhance students’ psychological and moral quality at the same time. The most importantly, education should play vital role in both training students morally and intellectually as well as building a powerful and prosperous country.