1. Is there any special meaning behind your name?
2. What’s your name?
3. Why do you get this name?
4. Is there a certain name that is popular in China?
5. Is the name important to Chinese people?
6. Are you a student or at work?
7. What are you studying for?
8. Can you tell me something about your student life?
9. What’s your job?
10.10. What are you responsible for?
11. Do you study part-time while working?
12. What are the subjects you study?
13. What’s your major?
14. Why do people have worked think school life is happy?
15. Do you think people should get paid when they are required to work on weekends?
16. How do you spend your weekend?
17. Do you read a lot in your spare time?
18. Has anyone sent you a book before?
19. Tell me something about your campus life in leisure time?
20. What kinds of activities do Chinese people like for relaxation?
21. Why do people need leisure? Is it important?
22. Do you like watching TV in spare time? What kinds of programs do you like?
23. What are the ways to relax yourself?
24. What do you usually do in the evening?
25. Do the people have more time to relax now?
26. Do you read a lot of books in your childhood?
27. What kind of shopping do you like?
28. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
29. Have you ever played any musical instrument?
30. Do you think children can benefit from listening to music?
31. What are the features of your hometown?
32. What’s special about your hometown?
33. What are some of the changes that have taken place in your hometown?
34. Do you like the city you live in?
Apartment and House
35. Do you like the place you currently live in?
36. How is your relationship with your neighbors?
37. What can you see out of your windows?
38. Describe your flat or house
39. What is your taste of clothes?
40. When do you wear suits?
41. Which style of arts do you like and why?
42. What do you think about arts? Are they important?
43. Do you usually go to a music hall or museum? Why?
44. What’s your favorite art, such as painting or sculpture?
45. How often do you use telephone?
46. Do you communicate with others more on your mobile phone or on the Internet?
47. Which do you prefer, sending emails or writing letters?
48. How often do you usually send or receive emails?
49. Why do you learn English?
50. How long have you been learning English?
51. What do you think is a good way to learn English?
52. Do people live longer now? Why is that?
53. How about people in the past?
54. Does your house have a garden? Why?
55. Do you like planting?
56. Who plants in the gardens in China?
57. How to foster children?
58. What’s your favorite food?
59. Where do you eat?
60. What’s the different between magazine and newspaper?
61. Is the information on the Internet reliable?
62. Talk about the style of shops in your neighborhood?
63. Do you watch TV everyday?
64. What kinds of arts are provided by TV programs?
Describe a place you have visited
Why many people want to live in this place?
There’s man y problem in transportation in this place?
So why many people still wants to live in this place?
How this place affect people?
Why people like to live in the city?
Describe a shop
What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
Wh y men don’t like shopping?
Do you often go shopping? Why do you like it?
Do you think that it is good for children to go shopping?
What type of shop is close to your house?
What type of shop do you usually go?
What is the difference between going to the supermarket and going to a small shop?
Introduce a place with a good water resource.
What is the importance of water?
Why do people use more water now than before?
What kind of the policy should the government make to save the water resources?
Why do people like to live in a place close to water?
What can they do if they live close to the water?
Why children like swimming?
Describe a café or a restaurant you like.
What is the main reason why this restaurant is popular?
What kind of café do you have in your university?
Do you often go out to have dinner? Why do you like it?
Do you think people like to go out to have coffee in China?
Do you think people care about healthy foods now?
Do you think the food in your country is healthy or not?
Describe a polluted place
What is the most common pollution now? Any improvement?
What actions should the government do to solve the pollution problem?
What is your opinion?
Describe the best tourist attraction in China
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the people who live there?
What are the important factors that can attract tourists?
What can government do to protect historical place?
To what extent do you agree that watching TV has replaced the role of traveling?
Talk about a film
What kind of movie is popular in China? Why?
What is the difference between Chinese movie and foreign movies?
What do you learn from watching movies?
Do you think it is important for a movie to be advertised?
If foreign movies without advertisement, will it still be so success?
Do you think a movie will be success without advertisement? If yes, why?
What kind of people prefer to watch foreign movies than Chinese Movies in China? Why?
What is the difference between Chinese and Foreign movies?
Describe an interesting news you have read recently.
If you want to be a journalist, what kind of personality you should have?
Do you think news affects people? How does it affect them?
How to improve the journalism in your country?
Can media affect people?
Why news is important to people?
Do Chinese people read news everyday?
Are Chinese people interested in local, domestic or international news?
What do you think about entertainment news?
Do you think internet will replace TV or radio or Newspaper?
Talk about how to help other people
Do people who live in Beijing like to help visitors for the Olympics?
Is English very important when you are helping other people?
Have you been to a foreign country?
Have you helped other people when you were in a foreign country?
Who did you help? Will you help again? Why?
How do you help others in your community?
What can you achieve from helping others?
Whether children should be encouraged to help others?
How can children help others?
Describe one of your favorite dish
How do you cook this dish?
Why it is your favorite dish?
Describe a book you have read recently.
What do you young people read? What is their purpose of reading?
Which is more attractive to people watching TV or surfing the Internet?
Will media replace the book in the future?
What are the advantages of reading books?
Why children need to read books?
How parents guide children to read book?
Do you think reading is helpful?
Compared to watching movies, what are the knowledges from a book?
Do you think most children like to read?
Do you think it is necessary from parents to teach their child to read?
Why do adults read books?
What is the current situation of adult reading?
If someone didn’t get much education, do you think it is necessary to read a book?
Describe an organization in your company.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of group work and individual work?
Do Chinese people like to work in a big company or in a small company?
In what kind of companies do your friends work?
Why some people prefer to work in a small company?
What are the advantages of working in a big company?
Describe your favorite magazine.
What is the difference between a magazine and a newspaper?
Shall we trust the media?
Describe something you want to learn.
Is there any problem with children’s education in your country?
Do parents have time to educate their children now?
Why parents have time to educate their children now?
Why is important for a child to be educated by their parents at home?
Describe your favorite TV program.
Which is more popular TV or radio in your country?
Do you think radio will not be used in the future?
Do you think Internet will replace TV?
Describe a type of sport you played when you were a child.
What kind of game or sport is better for children to play?
What do you think about children playing outside the house?
Did you parents play with you when you were a child?
What is the difference between an adult game and a children’s game?
Do you think game is important to adults?
Do you think there should be some exercise equipments in your neighborhood?
Do you think the government should buy exercise equipments for the public?
Describe a performance you often watch.
What are traditional Chinese performances in China?
Do you think Chinese government should give them more financial support? Why?
Do you think Internet would have negative effects on Chinese performances?
Is there any difference between boys and girls attitude dancing?
Why do you think performances like ballet or drama are people’s life?
Talk about a law in your country.
Why is law so important in modern society?
What are the good qualities of police officer?
How can a police officer use law to prevent people from committing crimes?
What is the difference between a police officer and a lawyer?
What kind of law is your favorite?
Do you think we need to have an international law?
Do people want to be a police?
Do people abide the law in your country?
Describe an event that you have joined and made you happy.
Why are people interested in doing something special?
Which way of relaxation do you like?
Some people think that having a family event will waste a lot of money, what is your opinion?
Describe a life event that happened recently.
What family event can make you happy?
Do you think money can bring happiness?
What can make people happy when they are old?
Describe a best friend that you had when you were a student.
Is it important for you to have friends?
How do you make friends?
Describe an elder person you know and admire
Do people like to be old?
Do elder people need to be educated?
Is there any lesson for elder people?
Describe a person who affects you
What kind of skill do you think is more important for young people?
What do you think about Chinese education?
Describe a person who is good at his job
Do you think studying in a university can improve yourself?
What is the enjoyable point of your school life?
Are trainings important for people?
What kinds of job are suitable for the aged?
How can a company encourage their employees?
Describe a person who looks like you.
What is the benefit of making friends?
Do you often talk to your neighbor?
Why is it more difficult to make friends now?
Describe someone who will visit your family.
When you visit a place, where do you prefer to stay in a hotel or stay in other people’s house?
What kind of service do you want to have in a hotel?
What should be improved in a hotel?
What is the culture of your country in treating guests? What is the difference between this culture then and now?
What do you think about the trend of treating guests in your country?
Describe someone who visited your family.
How do you treat your visitor?
Is it convenient to live in your friend’s house?
What is the difference between living a hotel and living in your frien d’s house?
Describe a teenager you know.
When you met the teenager?
Say something about the personality of the teenager
Do you like/dislike this teenager?
What’s the teenager’s attitude towards the older people?
Compare the teenagers nowadays in China with those in the past.
When the teenagers become adults? Why?
Describe an interesting animal.
What kind of relationship do people and animal have?
What is the difference between having a pet now and having a pet in the past?
Is it better to have a dog in city or rural area?
Is vegetarian conducive to protect animals?
Do you think animals should be killed? Why?