搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 新编大学英语3句子翻译

新编大学英语3句子翻译

新编大学英语3句子翻译
新编大学英语3句子翻译

Unit 1 Personality

1) You should spend a reasonable amount of time relaxing and exercising.

你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼

2) In general children are healthier and better educated than ever before.

总的来说,孩子们比过去任何时候都更健康,受到了更好的教育.

3) When the right opportunity comes along, he’ll take it.

待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住.

4) Every day he sets aside some time to be with his family and enjoy life.

每天他都留出点时间跟家里人在一起,享受生活.

5) I remember those dark streets and walking hand in hand with my father.

我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景.

6) He finally failed to live up to his parents’ expectations.

他最终辜负了父母也的期望.

7) In contrast, our use of oil has increased enormously.

相比之下,我们的用油量大幅度上升了.

8) He succeeded in his efforts to overcome his fatal weakness.

经过压力,他成功地克服了自己致命弱点。

Unit 3 Social Problems

1) Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours.

由于紧急情况,这位医生几小时内都没有空。

2) How will taxes affect people with low income?

税收将会如何影响低收入的人群?

3) My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up

practicing the piano.

我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢琴.

4) These books range in price form $10 to $20.

这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等.

5) It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.

在我看来你没有什么选择.

6) Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job.

考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已做得相当不错了。

7) For such a big house the price is fairly cheap/low, but you’ve got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs.

对这么一幢大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修所需要的前.

8) Can we begin with discussing questions/problems arising from the last meeting?

我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始.

Unit 4 Career Planning

1) He underwent a major heart surgery several years ago.

几年前他心脏动了一次大手术.

2) We estimated that it would take a week to finish the work.

我们估计完成这项工作要花一个星期.

3) I used to enjoy photography, but I now have no time to pursue any hobbies.

我过去喜爱摄影,但我现在没有时间从事任何业余爱好了.

4) You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.

你可以爱一个人而不一定要跟他结婚.

5) Terrorists resort to violence to achieve their political aims.

恐怖分子采用暴力手段以达到他们的政治目的.

6) He says he’ll stay in the office this afternoon in case you want to see him.

他说他下午回呆在办公室,以便万一你要见他.

7) Scientists have identified the gene that causes abnormal growth.

科学家已确定了造成畸形发育的基因.

8) These examples demonstrate how badly some students write their resumes.

这些例子显示了有些学生的简历写得多么差.

Unit 5 Language

1) Seeing all the people walking to and fro outside the office, I became more worried. 看到所有的人在办公室外卖走来走去,我变得更焦虑了.

2) In time he will see who is his true friend.

最终他会明白谁是他真正的朋友.

3) That scientist’s experiment gave birth to a new drug.

那位科学家的实验产生了一种新药.

4) He had been shut in by illness during much of the winter.

大半个冬天他都因病困在屋里.

5) They would practice spoken English at the first opportunity.

他们一有机会就会练习英语口语.

6) Everything she valued might be swept away overnight.

她所珍爱的一切或许会在一夜之间化为乌有.

7) Towards the close of the term, all the students are busy preparing for the finals.

这么冷的冬天,我们渴望它快点过去.

8) It is a very cold winter and we long for it to be over.

这么冷的冬天,我们渴望它快点过去.

Unit 6 Man and Animals

1) She always behaves badly when her aunt comes to visit.

每当她姨妈来访的时候,她总是表现不好.

2) If it hadn’t been for your help, we wouldn’t have been able to finish the task in time.

要不是你们的帮助,我们不会准时完成任务.

3) I warned him off going to the east coast because it was full of tourists.

我劝他别去东海岸,因为那里到处是游客.

4) The fact that something is cheap doesn’t necessarily mean it’s of low

quality.

东西便宜并不见得质量就低劣.

5) Without anyone to turn to for help, making an appropriate choice can be difficult. 如果没有人可以求教,就难以作出恰当的选择.

7) Only if Peter goes to the evening party will she go.

只有peter去参加晚会她才会去.

8) I can only compare the experience to a nightmare.

我只能把这次经历比作一场噩梦.

Unit 7 They Joy of Travel

1) I didn’t realize putting on/staging a play involved so much work.

我没有料想到上演一个剧本需要这么多的工作.

2) The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.

最重要的不是你所说的,而是你所做的。

3) This is the best result that can be expected in such circumstances. 在这样的情况下,这个结果是所能期待的最好的。

4) It isn’t the first time that you’ve found yourself in such a situation. 你不是第一次处于这种情形.

5) This difficulty challenges my mind to find an answer.

这个困难促使我动脑筋找出答案.

6) The new threat on the horizon is unemployment.

将要出现的新的威胁是事业.

7) We have alternative ways of expressing the same idea.

我们有不同的方法表达同样的想法.

8) He slipped into the old habit of drinking.

他喝酒的老毛病又犯了.

新编大学英语第三册课文翻译共23页

Unit 1 羞怯的痛苦 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。 很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。 相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。 能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持

不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。 如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感:1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。 2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。 3.内疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。 4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。 5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。 6.接受批评时要缜密思考。不要把批评理解为人身攻击。例如,如果一位朋友抱怨你的烹饪技术,要把这当成对你的烹饪技术而不是对你本人的评价而接受下来。放心,你们还是好朋友,但你的烹饪技术也许确实

全新版大学英语3-综合教程-句子翻译

全新版大学英语3-综合教程-句子翻译

1)我的计算机系统出了毛病,但我觉得问题比较小。 We have a problem with the computer system, but I think it is fairly minor. 2) 父亲去世时我还小,不能独立生活。就在那时,家乡的父老接过了养育我的责任。 My father died when I was too young to live on my own. The people of my hometown took over responsibility for my upbringing at that point. 3) 这些玩具必得在达到严格的安全要求后才可出售给儿童。 The toys have to meet strict safety requirements before they can be sold to children.

4)作为新闻和舆论的载体,广播和电视补充了而不是替代了报纸。 Radio and television have supplemented rather than replaced the newspaper as carriers of new and opinion. 5)至于这本杂志,它刊载世界各地许多报纸杂志上文章的摘要。 When it comes to this magazine, it is a digest of articles from many newspapers and magazines around the world. 1)虽然受到全球金融危机后果的巨大影响,但是我们仍然相信我们能够面对挑战,克服危机。Though greatly affected by the

大学英语精读3翻译答案

Unit1 2) 杰克对书架上那些书一本也不了解,所以他的选择是很随意的。 Jack didn't know anything about any of the books on the bookshelf, so his choice was quite arbitrary. 4) 我认为我们应该鼓励中学生在暑假找临时工作。 I think we should encourage high school students to find temporary jobs / employment during their summer holidays. 5) 令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长(governor)竟然是个贪官(corrupt official)。 To our surprise, the governor who had often been praised for his honesty turned out to be a corrupt official. 6) 少数工人得到提升(be promoted),与此同时却有数百名工人被解雇。 A few workers were promoted, but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. Unit3 1) 许多美国大学生申请政府贷款交付学费。 Many American students apply for government loans to pay for their education / tuition. 2) 除阅读材料外,使用电影和多媒体(multimedia)会激发学生学习的兴趣。 Besides reading materials, the use of films and multimedia can stimulate students' interest in a subject. 5) 我已经把我的简历(résumé)寄往几家公司,但尚未收到回复。 I have sent off my résumé to several corporations, but haven't yet received a reply. 6) 她的结论是建立在对当前国际情况进行了认真的分析的基础上的。 Her conclusion is built / based on a careful analysis of current international affairs. 7) 我们满怀期望地来参加会议,离开时却大失所望。 We came to the meeting full of expectations, yet we left very disappointed. Unit5 1 就能力而言,我肯定他能胜任这件工作。 As far as ability is concerned, I am sure he will qualify for the job. 6) 在西方,人们常常邮购商品,这可以节省许多时间。 In the West, people often send away for mail-order goods, which can save a lot of time. 7) 抱歉, 时间不多了,我建议我们跳到最后一章。 Sorry time is running out; I suggest we skip to the last chapter. 8) 既然你决心尽快完成硕士课程(master's program), 那就别让你的社交生活(social life)妨碍你的学习。 Since you have set your mind to finishing your master's program as soon as possible, don't let your social life stand in the way of your studies. Unit6 1) 装了(fitted with) 假肢(artificial leg),他起初走路走不稳,但经过锻炼他的步子(step) 稳了。 Fitted with the artificial leg, he walked unsteadily / shakily at first, but with practice his steps became steady. 2) 医生说我得了重感冒,给我开了四种药,三种是药片,饭后服,另一种是药水 (liquid),睡前服。 The doctor said I had caught a severe cold and she prescribed me four different medicines. Three of them are pills to be taken after meals and the other is liquid to be drunk before going to bed. 4) 汽车早已开走看不见了,珍妮 (Jenny) 还站在大门口凝视着路的尽头。 Jenny was still standing at the gate gazing at the end of the road long after the car was out of sight. 6) 一般来说,通过增加供给或减少需求可以降低物价。 In general, prices may be brought down by increasing supply or decreasing demand. Unit7 1) 像平常一样,他在开始洗漱(get washed)前,将收音机调至早晨七点的新闻广播。 As usual, he tuned his radio for the 7 a.m. news broadcast before he began to get washed. 2) 有许多文件要签,但紧急的只有这份合同。 There are a lot of papers to sign, but the only urgent one is this contract. 3) 在该市,因吸毒(drug abuse)和赌博(gambling)而引发的罪行在发展,当地政府似乎找不出对付这一问题的办法。 In that city crime born of drug abuse and gambling is on the rise, and the local government seems unable to figure out a way to cope with it. 5) 我敢肯定那座楼在空袭(air raid)中一定被完全炸毁了。 I bet the building must have been completely destroyed in the air raid. 2) 即使你是班上最好的学生之一,要保住成绩也得常常温习功课才行。 Even if you are one of the best students in class, in order to maintain your grades you must review your lessons often. 4) 情况确实是如此,有些人一生中很早就获得成功,而另一些人则要工作很长时间方能实现自己的目标。 It is true that some people achieve success very early in life, while others must work a long time before attaining their goals. 5) 他坚持认为这次实验的失败主要由于准备不足(inadequate)。 He maintained that the failure of the experiment was largely due to inadequate preparation. 6) 如今研究人员提倡我们应该每天花些时间将自己想要达到的目标投射到心灵的屏幕上。Researchers now recommend that we take time every day to project our desired goals onto the screen in our minds. Unit10 1.事实上,对于这次海难(shipwreck)报纸上的说法不一。 In fact, there are different accounts of the shipwreck in the newspapers. 2.据说这一地区早在两千年前农业就很先进。 It is said that the area was well advanced in agriculture as early as 2,000 years ago. 3.瞧他是如何操作这机器的,然后就照着做。 6.圣诞节和元旦相隔一周时间。 There is an interval of a week between Christmas and New Year's Day. unit7 the big chance良机 He wasn't the kind to pick a secretary by the color of her hair. Not Bill Hargrave. Both Paula and Nancy had been smart enough to know that. And for some time everyone in the office had known that one of them, Paula or Nancy, was going to get the job. In fact, the decision would probably be made this afternoon. Hargrave was leaving town and wanted to settle the matter before he left. 他不是那种根据头发的颜色来挑选秘书的人。比尔〃哈格雷夫不是那种人。波拉和南希都很聪明,明白这点。一段时间以来,办公室里人人都知道,她俩中的一个,不是波拉就是南希,将要得到这个职务。事实上,决定可能就在今天下午作出。哈格雷夫就要外出,要在动身前安排好这事。 The two girls could see him from their desks outside his office. Maybe it was only some correspondence that he was looking at with cool, keen eyes. But for a moment his finger seemed to pause above those two efficient little pushbuttons. If he pressed the left one, it would be Paula's pulse which would begin to beat faster. 两个姑娘可以从他办公室外面各自的办公桌那儿看到他。他那沉着、热切的目光正在注视着的可能只不过是则信函而已。可是有那么一会儿,他的手指似乎在那两个颇有效率的小按钮上踌躇着。要是他按左边那个,就会使波拉的脉搏加快跳动 Paula couldn't keep her eyes off that light on her desk. She kept making mistakes in her typing and nervously taking the sheets of paper out in order to start all over again. 波拉的目光一直盯着桌上的那个小灯。她打字时老是出错,老是情绪紧张地把纸拉出来,以便重新开始。 She leaned across her typewriter and said to Nancy, "They boss is all dressed up today. He must be going on a special trip." 她靠在打字机上对南希说:?头儿今天穿得上下笔挺。他准是要作一次不同寻常的旅行。?She was just talking to relieve her nervousness. Nancy took her time about answering. She wasn't used to having Paula talk to her in such an intimate tone. (1)Not since they'd learned a month ago that they were both in line for a promotion, for the important job as Bill Hargrave's secretary. 她说话不过是为了消除紧张情绪。南希没有马上回答。她不习惯波拉用如此亲昵的口吻和她说话。一个月前,她们就得知她俩之中将有人获得提升,担任比尔〃哈格雷夫的秘书这一重要职务。从那时起,南希就对波拉用如此亲昵的口吻和她说话觉得别扭。 well, the job was worth going after. There was the salary, for one thing. And there was the prestige. The boss' secretary knew a great deal about the business. And there were the interesting people she got to talk to. The important people. And the boxes of perfume, flowers, and candy they often left on her desk. And there was Bill Hargrave for a boss. Young and clever and attractive. That was a factor, too. 嗨,这工作还是值得去努力的。一方面是薪水的问题。另外还有地位的问题。头儿的秘书了解很多业务情况。还有那些她将能与之交谈的有趣的人。那些重要人物。还有他们常留在她桌上的一包包香水、鲜花和糖果。当然还有比尔〃哈格雷夫这个头儿。年轻聪明又有魅力。那也是一个因素。 (2)Paula didn't need any lessons when it came to office politics. She was the one who was always busy when someone of little importance in the office wanted his material typed. "Sorry, but it's impossible. Jack. Why not ask Nancy?" and they did ask Nancy. It left Paula free to do Bill Hargrave's work in a hurry. She was never too busy for Bill's work. 说到办公室里明争暗斗那一套,波拉可算是无师自通。办公室里无关紧要的人要想把什么材料打出来时,她总是不巧正忙着。“对不起,杰克,可没有办法。为什么不让南希打呢?于是他们果然就让南希打。这样波拉就有时间把比尔·哈格雷夫的东西赶紧打出来。给比尔打东西她从不嫌忙。 When Hargrave finally pressed one of those buttons it was at Paula's desk that the light went on. She started to make a grab for her notebook, but she quickly took out her mirror first. Then she grabbed up her notebook and an envelope that was on the desk. 等到哈格雷夫终于按了那两个按钮中的一个时,亮起来的是波拉桌上的灯。她起身去抓笔记本,可很快先掏出了镜子。随后她一把抓起笔记本,还有桌上的一个信封。 (3)As for Nancy, what else could she do but sit there with her pretty blonde head bent over her typewriter? Nancy was a natural blonde, and that seemed the best way to describe her, she just didn't seem to know any tricks such as Paula did for making herself more popular with the boss. 至于南希,她除了低垂着她那满头漂亮金发的脑袋坐在那儿打字以外,还能干别的什么呢? 南希是个不会做作的金发碧眼女郎,这样描绘她似乎是最恰当不过了。波拉为取悦头儿耍的种种花招,她却好像一窍不通。 The moment Paula got inside Hargrave's office he asked about that stateroom. 波拉一进办公室,哈格雷夫就问高级客舱的事。 She handed him the envelope. It contained the two tickets. "That's your stateroom number on the outside," she said in a businesslike way. 她把那个信封递给他。里面有两张票。?信封上是高级客舱的编号,?她用事务式的口气说 She had on a blue flannel suit, something like Bill's, and it was clear he thought she looked pretty smart in it. 她身穿一套法兰绒蓝套装,跟比尔穿的有点相仿,他显然觉得她穿这套衣服很漂亮。 He looked again at the number of his stateroom and he put the envelope carefully in his inside pocket. 他又看了看高级客舱的编号,把信封小心翼翼地装进里面的口袋。 Then he told her she was going to have a new job. He mentioned the salary, too. He didn't neglect to mention the salary. 接着他就跟她说了。她将有个新工作。他也提到了薪水。他没有忽略薪水的事。 She took it just right - in a very businesslike manner. Just enough of gratitude. And then, the old sportsmanship how sorry she felt about Nancy. She didn't look sorry. 她很得体地接受了这个决定——完全公事公办的态度。恰到好处的感谢。随后展示了她那久已具有的运动家风度。她说为南希感到非常遗憾。她并没有流露出多少遗憾的神情。 (4)And neither did Bill. He told her it was okay, that she shouldn't worry about Nancy, that Nancy wasn't made for the job anyway, and that besides, he and Nancy were leaving on their honeymoon tonight. Tonight at eight-fifteen. 比尔也没有显出遗憾的样子。他对她说,这没什么,她用不着为南希担心,反正南希生来就不适合干这种工作,再说,他和南希今晚就要去共度蜜月了。今晚8点15分。

新编大学英语综合教程3课文翻译

Unit 1 Personality In-Class Reading 羞怯的痛苦 1 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。 2 很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。 3 相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。 4能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。 5 如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感: 6 1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。 7 2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。 8 3.疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。 9 4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。 10 5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。

全新版大学英语课后句子翻译

1. 多尔蒂先生和他的家人目前正在农场忙于秋收。 Mr. Doherty and his family are engaged in autumn harvest on the farm. 2. 我们不能低估敌人,他们装备了最先进的武器。 We cant underestimate enemies, they have been equipped with the most advanced weapons. 3. 菲尔已三个月没有找到工作了,正变得越来越绝望。 Phil is becoming more and more desperate, because she has been out of work for 3 months. 4. 作为项目经理,山姆办事果断,工作效率高,且判断准确。 As a manager of project, Sam is decisive in action ,efficient in work, and accurate in j udgment. 5. 既然已证实这家化工厂是污染源,村委会决定将其关闭,为此损失了一百个工作岗位。Since it has been proved that this chemistry factory is the source of pollution, the vil lage neighborhood committee decides to close it at the cost of one hundred jobs. 1. 空气中有一种不寻常的寂静,只有远处响着大炮的声音。 There was an unnatural silence in the air, only with the cannon undering far off. 2. 在某些非洲国家城市的扩展已引起生活水平相当大的下降和社会问题的增多。 The expansion of cities in some African countries has caused a considerable in living standard and increase in social problems. 3. 研究表明大气中的二氧化碳的含量与全球温度密切相关。 Studies have shown that atmospheric carbon dioxide levels correlate with global tem perature. 4. 最近公共汽车的车辆行驶频率已有改善,从15分钟缩短到12分钟一班。 Recently, the frequency of bus service has been improved, reduced from 15minutes to12minutes every run. 5. 那位跳水运动员立在跳水板边沿,只等教练发出信号便会立刻跳下。 That driver standing on the edge of the diving board, and is poised to dive as soon a s the coach sends out the signal. 1.尽管在此次紧急迫降中,飞机跑道不够长,但经验老到的飞行员还是让飞机滑行了一段时间后就停了下来。 Although the airstrip is not long enough in the urgent landing, the veteran pilot still stopped the plane after it slipped for some time. 2. 在记者反复追问下,该影星终于说漏了嘴,承认自己做过两次整容手术。 Grilled by the reporters, the movie star blurted that she had took plastic surgeries t wice.

大学英语精读3翻译答案

翻译答案3大学英语精读 Unit1 1.发言人明确表示总统在任何情况下都不会取

消这次旅行。The spokesman made it clear that the President would not cancel the trip under any circumstances. 2.我们相信他所说的,因为他受过良好的教育,出生于受人尊敬的家庭,更重要的是他为人可靠。We trust what he has said,because he is well educated, comes from a respectable family ,and what's more ,he is reliable.

3.随后发生的那些事件再次证明了我的猜疑是对的。The subsequent events once again confirmed that my suspicions were right. 4.在赛后举行记者招待会上,这位足球教练因该队表现不佳而向球迷们致敬。At the press conference held after the game, the football coach apologized to the s poor performance. 'fans for his team 5.令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长竟然是个贪官。To our surprise ,the governor, who had

often been praised for his honesty ,turned out to be a corrupt official. 6.只有少数工人工人得到提升,在这同时却有数百名工人被解雇。A few workers were promoted ,but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. 7.如果有机会,约翰也许成为一位杰出的画家了。Given the chance, John might

新编大学英语3课后翻译答案

新编大学英语3课后翻译 1)你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼。You should spend a reasonable amount of time relaxing and exercising. 2) 总的来说,孩子们比过去任何时候都更健康,受到了更好的教育。In general, children are healthier and better educated than ever before. 3) 待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住。When the right opportunity co mes along, he’ll take it. 4) 每天他都留出点时间跟家人在一起,享受生活。Every day he sets aside some time to be with his family and enjoy life. 5) 我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景。I remember those dark streets and walking hand in hand with my father. 6) 他最终辜负了父母的期望。He finally failed to live up to his parents’ expectations. Unit 2 1) She wore a dress __with a pattern of rose有玫瑰图案) on it. 2) Helen had _prepared a wonderful/good meal for us (为我们准备了一顿丰盛的饭菜). 3) Ann ___promised faithfully (信誓旦旦地保证) that she would never tell.

新编大学英语3读写译课文翻译

Unit 1 Personality 羞怯的痛苦 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感:1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。3.内疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。6.接受批评时要缜密思考。不要把批评理解为人身攻击。例如,如果一位朋友抱怨你的烹饪技术,要把这当成对你的烹饪技术而不是对你本人的评价而接受下来。放心,你们还是好朋友,但你的烹饪技术也许确实有待改进。7.记住,每个人都会经历一些失败和挫折。要把它们作为增长见识的经历,从中受益。挫折往往会成为转机,随之而来的将是一段美妙绝伦的经历。例如,你可能被你所中意的大学拒之门外。然而,在你就读的大学里,你可能发现这里教育的某一特点比你料想的好得多。8.有些人会使你感到自己无能,不要和这种人交往。去设法改变他们对你的态度或者改变你对自己的态度,要不就脱离这种关系。伤害你的人并不关心你的最大利益。9.留出时间休息,享受自己的业余爱好,并且定期地重新审定自己的目标。为此所花费的时间有助于更好地了解你自己。10.多在社交场合中锻炼。不要把自己同他人隔离开来。设法一次结识一位朋友;最终你将能够娴熟而自信地在众人中周旋。我们每个人都是独一无二、难能可贵的个体。我们自有吸引人的地方。我们对自己了解得越多,就越容易充分发挥自己的潜力。不要让羞怯成为阻碍我们拥有丰富和成功生活的绊脚石。 Unit3 Social Problems

大学英语 课后句子翻译

大学英语2 1) 美国人一般早早就安排好他们的退休生活。 Americans usually make plans for their retirement well in advance. 2) 他们通常被看做最有希望的歌手。 They are commonly regarded as the most promising singers. 3) 我从你的推荐人那里听说雇主曾给他们打过电话。 I’ve heard from your references that the employer had called them. 4) 请告诉我们具体时间,以便我们做好适当的准备。 Would you please inform us the exact date so that we can make proper arrangements. 5) 我们对出席派对人数的估计与实际来的人数相差了一大截。 Our estimate of how many people would show up at the party missed by a mile. 6) 只要不成为阅读负担,你的报告可以包括足够多的细节。 Your report can include enough details without being a burden to read. Page21: 6 .Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences. 1. ▲Although invitations are usually sent through the mail, informal invitations such as e-mail and phone invitations are becoming more acceptable. (虽然邀请函通常通过信函方式发出,但目前像电子邮件、电话邀请等非正式邀请越来越被普遍使用。) ▲Although he has only studied English for two years, he can speak it quite well now. (虽然他学习英语仅2年,但是他现在英语讲得相当好。) ▲虽然生态环境有所改善,但生态安全状况仍然严重。 (Although the ecological environment was becoming better, the problems were still serious.) ▲尽管天色已晚,我还是有点想出去 (Although it is late, I’d quite like to go out.) 2. ▲For most formal occasions, it’s best to invite guests three or four weeks in advance. (大多数正式场合,最好提前三到四个星期发出邀请。) ▲It’s best to slice into a rich cake from the middle. (最好从中间切油腻蛋糕。) ▲在中午太阳光线很强的时候,你最好避免外出。 (It’s best to avoid going out in the strong midday sun.) ▲如果你应邀去参加正式的聚会,你最好穿上西装,打上领带。 (If you are invited to a formal party, it’s best to wear a suit and a tie.) 3. ▲A company can use any color of paper it desires, as long as it upholds and promotes the company’s image. (公司可以选择使用自己想要的任何颜色的纸张,只要它有利于维护和提升企业的形象。) ▲Your college or university will provide a report about your education as long as you continue to study there. (你的学院或大学将为你提供成绩报告单,只要你继续在哪里学习。)

相关主题