1. Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making a reply.
2. She is excited by the idea of online learning while he considers it meaningless and useless.
3. Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot.
4. Today, more and more people have access to the Internet through which they look for the information they need.
5. He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is too much for her.
X. 1. B 2. A 3. B 4. B 5. C 6. C 7. B 8. A 9. A 10. B 11. A 12. A 13. B 14. A 15. B
1. I have decided to accept the new post, even though the job is not very well paid.
2. The job has been taken to be very simple until it is actually started.
3. Now that you are planning to move to Canada, you must try to adjust to cold weather in winter.
4. He promised to help us to buy the house, but with a little reluctance.
5. This is an important meeting. Please see to it that you are not late for it.
6. He is an experienced businessman who has engaged in foreign trade for quite a few years.
9. C 10. A
11. C 12. C 13. A 14. B 15. C 16. C 17. C 18. A 19. B 20. A
1. She was so absorbed in reading 1he book that she was not conscious of someone coming in.
2. He was late for almost an hour for the first meeting, leaving a bad impression on everyone.
3. Consciously or unconsciously, we make up our minds about people through their eyes, faces, bodies, and attitudes.
4. Professor Zhou was committed to the cause of language teaching all his life.
5. Many how-to books advise you that if you want to make a good impression, the trick is to be consistently you, at your best.
6. The media sometimes sends mixed messages, but most people believe what they see over what they hear.
9. C 10. C
11. B 12. B 13. A 14. C 15. A 16. B 17. C 18. A 19. A 20. B
1. The police got to the station five minutes after the explosion, and so did the reporters.
2. Even if you disagree with her, she is worth listening to.
3. The news reporters were given nothing but bare facts by the officials in charge of the investigation.
4. The room was well decorated, but the color of the curtain did not go well with the overall style.
5. Whenever we go back to the place where my husband was born, we always make the rounds of his relatives.
6. Contrary to his hope, his girlfriend's parents are not as approachable as his parents.
9. B 10. A
11. B 12. B 13. C 14. A 15. C 16. B 17. A 18. C 19. B 20. A
1. The police had the photograph of the missing girl enlarged so that they could recognize her easily.
2. When I go to work, I prefer to take a bus rather than drive and that morning was no exception.
3. When he saw his granddaughter coming into the house (Seeing his granddaughter coming into the house), the old man got to his feet and moved several steps unexpectedly as if he could walk by himself.
4. At that time we focused our attention on that painting without noticing anything unusual around us, and we can't offer any additional details.
5. The couple pulled their car into the parking lot and then headed for the cinema.
6. It's a question we have to face no matter how unpleasant it is.
9. A 10. C
11. A 12. B 13. C 14. A 15. B 16. B 17. C 18. A 19. C 20. C
1. There are twenty universities in this city, some of which are world-famous.
2. The more he thinks about it, the angrier he becomes.
3. She was filled with pity for the innocent victims.
4. He was occupied with his business matters and didn't have time to think about a holiday.
5. The country's economy depends to some degree on the import of raw materials. .
6. After several discussions between the members of the committee, a new plan of action began to take shape. IX．
9. A 10. A
11. B 12. C 13. A 14. B 15. A 16. C 17. C 18. A 19. B 20. A
1. I keep the picture where I can see it very day as it reminds me of my university days.
2. In some countries, what is called “equality” does not really mean equal rights for all people.
3. He is used to keeping a dictionary at hand so that he can find the meaning of new words he comes across.
4. When confronted with personal pressure, you should stand firmly for your belief that you will reach your ultimate goal.
5. In other words, be yourself and face reality, but don’t sell out to convenience.
6. I don’t like those people who always rely on external factors in order to feel good about themselves.
X. 1. C 2. B 3. A 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. C 8. C 9. A 10. A
11. B 12. A 13. C 4. C 15. B 16. C 7. A 8. C 19. A 20. C