not only but also in whys and 1. A very curious boy, Tom, is interestedin whats
according tomake the most of what
Prof. Smith, is the ability to 2. Happiness,
get his hands
old son can't You'd better keep the book where your 15-year-3. on.
kept laughing while reading it. 4. The story was very funny and Bill
High-achieving studentsput in more time at their studies 5. do not necessarily
lower-scoring classmates. than their成绩优秀的学生未必比他们得分较低的同学在学习上花费更多的时间。
manage to persuade to take you 6. How did the speed-reading these studentscourse?
make the most of one's abilities
7. Working hard is important, but knowing how to
counts for much more.
rather than telling them what 8. She asked her students to think for themselvesto think.
Referring to the differences between American English and British English, he 1.
said, “The United States and Britain are, after all, two different countries.”
encouragesto 2. Prof. Smith think for themselves. “I am just as his students
happy,” he often says, “even if you challenge me or completely disagree with
called ontake part in as soon
butconversation about him to pop music, our 3. We
asreferred to the NBA finals of the
he joined in, he introduced a new topic and
is responsible for knocked down a tree and4. The driver this accident. His car
a man on his bike.
司机应对这次事故负责。他的车撞倒了一棵树和一个骑车的人。switched to the we have production a of 5. Since our production radios came to halt,
of mobile phones.
自我们的收音机停止生产后，我们已转产移动电话(mobile phones)。such famous sights as the Great Wall, the Palace 6. Our original plan was to see
Museum and the Summer Palace in Beijing.
Even though I have
earn a foreign language well.It's no simple matter to l7. express myself effectively in the
can't still for a few years, I learned English
8. I don't want you simply to agree or disagree with me. I need someone who can
give me good advice, ideas, and so on.
As far as I know, all they have to do is come and see the child they want to 1. bring up and fill up a form.据我所知，他们必须做的只是来见一见他们想抚养的孩子，并填写一份表格。
more and moregot tired of going after about the learned2. As he world, he finally
fame and wealth.
3. The little girl's songs brought sunshine to the old man and helped him bear
the hardships of life.
congratulateon the successful building 4. People came one after another to them
of another big bridge over the Huangpu River.
All the people present were amazed that the 10-year-old boy was playing the 5.
violin so skillfully.
6. After the car accident, Stevie reevaluated his goals in life and decided to pay more attention to the world outside.
7. Even in her wildest dreams, Mother could never have imagined that her son would
become a world-famous pianist.
hadtheir teacher that loud cheers when they heard students 8. The broke into
back from the shadow of death.当听到他们的老师已摆脱了死亡的阴影时，学生们都大声欢呼起来。
1. Sickly and weak as Grandma is, she has taken on all the housework
2. The recording company had never been so pleased with any singer. For them, Stevie
Wonder was a real find.
3. They had no running water where they lived. Nor did they have any conveniences
of life such as gas and electricity. (倒装句)
他们住的地方没有自来水，也没有煤气和电这类生活上的便利设备。heard of that French 4. Six years passed, then seven and eight, and nothing was
artist. It seemed certain that he had left the country for only God knows where.
5. He was very ill that summer, but as soon as he felt better in the fall, he resumed
his writing and finished his last novel in two months.
6. Driven by a strong will, Alex finally fulfilled the task he had undertaken.
With the help of the doctor and the nurses, the patient recovered quickly and 7.
in a few weeks was able to stand on his feet once more.
8. It was really sad to watch the old man's wrinkled face, which spoke of all
that he had borne/endured in his life.
s named after her father, They are Mary's sons Robert and William.1. other is named after her grandfather.
他们是玛丽的儿子罗伯特和劳伦斯, 一个起的是她父亲的名字, 另一个
is content with What a pity he never got. what he has 2. He not already understands