搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 > 新编大学英语综合教程3(第三版)课后翻译答案

新编大学英语综合教程3(第三版)课后翻译答案

Unit1

1.羞怯可以让人从感觉轻微的不适到高度焦虑,这会对我们做任何事都有影响。Shyness can vary from feeling mild discomfort to high level of anxiety that impact us in almost everything we do.

2.尽管固执,但他清楚自己应该避免引起怀疑。

Despite his stubbornness, he knew that he should avoid arousing any suspicions.

3.无论你说什么都会被理解成批评。

It will be interpreted as criticism no matter what you say.

4.让我们不要为该被忽略和忘记的小事翻烦心。

Let’s not allow ourselves to be upset by trifles which we should ignore and forget. 5.花太多的时间老是想着过去会阻碍你享受生活。

Too much time spent dwelling on the past can get in the way of enjoying life as it happens.

6.相信自己能够完成目标并解决问题的人更有可能在学校里表现得好。

People who believe they can accomplish goals and solve problems are more likely to do well in school.

Unit2

1.她穿了一条有玫瑰团的裙子。

She wore a dress with a pattern of roses on it.

2.Helen为我们准备了一顿丰盛的晚饭。

Helen had prepared a wonderful meal for us.

3.Ann信誓旦旦的保证她不会说出去。

Ann promised faithfully that she would never tell.

4.你能把这封信送到会计部吗?

Could you deliver this letter to the accounts department.

5.他们为我们提供了精选的牛奶和纯巧克力。

We were offered a selection of milk and plain chocolate.

6.告诉孩子们别胡闹。

Tell the children to keep out of mischief.

7.我们可以听见打雷的声音。

We could hear the sound of distant thunder.

8.这个项目已经得到了政府的批准。

The project has received approval from the government.

9.虽然丈夫喝酒太多,但是Kelly仍然爱着他。

Kelly loved her husband in spite of the fact that he drank too much.

10.专家们看起来无法对药物是否安全取得一致建议

Experts seem unable to agree whether the drug is safe or not.

Unit 3

1.由于紧急情况,这个医生几小时内都没有空

Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours.

2.税收将会如何影响低收入的人?

How will taxes affect people with low incomes?

3.我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢琴

My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up practicing the piano.

4.这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等

These book range in price from $10 to $20.

5.在我看来你没有什么选择

It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.

6. 考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已做的相当不错了

Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job.

7. 对这么一幢大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修费用

For such a big house the price is fairly cheap, but you’ve got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs.

8.我们能否从讨论上会议产生的问题开始?

Can we begin with discussing questions arising from the last meeting?

Unit4

1. 我过去喜欢摄影,但是现在没时间去追求其他爱好了。

I used to like photography, but now I have no time to pursue any hobbies.

2. 没有一种可确信的方式来预测谁会得哮喘。

There is no sure way to predict who will develop asthma and who won’t.

3. 现在,神经生物学家们不在争论大脑能否生成新细胞。

Now neurobiologists no longer argue about whether brain can grow new cells or not.

4. 不再像以前那样热爱表演了。

I don’t love acting as much as I once did.

5. 如果你不确定你的目标,你就不知道你应该向哪个方向前进。

If you don’t define your goal, you don’t know in which direction you should be heading.

6. 你不该老想着过去,花些时间回顾和思考你走过的路可以帮你计划你的将来。While you should not dwell on your past, taking the time to review and reflect on the path you have taken will help you plan for your future,

7. 你也许爱某人,但是却不一定得和他结婚。

You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.

8. 这些例子都说明了有些学生的简历写得多么差。

The examples demonstrate how poorly some students write the resumes.

Unit 5

1.Seeing all the people walking to and fro outside the office ,(看到所有的人在办公室外面走来走去)I became more worried.

2.In time he well see who is his true friend to be relied on in difficulty。(谁是他真正的朋友,在困难时可依靠)

3.That scientist’s experiment gave birth to a new drug,(那位科学家的实验使一种新药问世)a better cure for high blood pressure.

4.He got used to being in this room during the winter, shut in by the four walls and a sloping ceiling.(被四堵墙和一个倾斜的天花板困在里面)

5.I realized I would need to convince them at the first opportunity(我一有机会就要

6.When you sweep away an old society, (当你清除一个旧的社会时)you can’t overnight change the institutions of thought that have been built up over centuries.

7.By the close of this century,(在本世纪临近结束时)another two billion people will be born, the great majority in developing countries.

8.If you long for a better future for yourself , your family and your country, (如果你渴望自己,自己的家,自己的国家有更好的未来)stay and continue your studies here.

Unit6

1. 如果我要选择一个方案的话,我将毫不犹豫的支持后者。

If I had to select one plan, I would not hesitate to support the latter.

2. 他看上去似乎是无罪的,但证据表明并非如此。

He seemed not guilty, but the evidence suggested otherwise.

3.我劝他别去东海岸,因为那里都是游客。

I warned him off going to the east coast because it was full of tourists.

4;东西便宜并不见得就质量低劣

The fact that something is cheap doesn’t necessarily mean it’s of low quality.

5);如果没有人可以求教,就难以做出恰当的选择

Without anyone to turn to for help, making an appropriate choice can be difficult.

6;他用音乐表现了他失去妻子的悲痛

His sadness at the death of his wife found expression in his music.

7;只有战胜了羞怯之后,人们才能更自信的生活

Only when people overcome their shyness do they live more confidently.

8;今天我不在给孩子们买任何东西了——事实上我已经花太多的钱了。

I’m not buying the children anything else today—I’ve spent far too much money as it is.

Unit 7

1.我没料想到上演一个剧本需要这么多的工作。(involve)

I didn’t realize putting on a play involved so much work.

2.最重要的不是你说的,而是你做的。( …not that… but that…)

The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.

3.在这样的情况下,这个结果是所能期待的最好的。(in such circumstances)

This is the best result that can be expected in such circumstances.

4.你不是第一次处于这种情形。(find oneself…)

It isn’t the first time that you’ve found yourself in such a situation.

5这个困难促使我动脑筋找出答案。(challenge)

This difficulty challenges my mind to find an answer.

6.将要出现的新的威胁是失业。(on the horizon, unemployment)

The new threat on the horizon is unemployment.

7.我们有不同的方法表达同样的想法。(alternative)

We have alternative ways of expressing the same idea.

8.他喝酒的老毛病又犯了。(slip into)

He slipped into the old habit of drinking.

Unit 8

1.镇里有将近24对双胞胎,其中差不多12对是同卵双胞胎。

They are nearly 24 reported sets of twins in the town, of which nearly 12 are identical twins.

2. 我们很清楚危险,不会盲目采纳人们说的话。

“We are well aware of his danger and won’t blindly accept what people say.”stated Mr. Malcom.

3. 我仍然记得我初次在湖边遇见你的时候,你给我的,给我的一切。

I still remember when I first met you on the lake side;what you gave me, all that you gave me.

4. 当她写大学项目时,她找了其他材料,使她更充分地享受工作的乐趣。When she came to writing her college project, she found other material; this would

5. 一旦十五分钟休息结束,你必须开始下一步锻炼来使锻炼计划更有效。

As soon as the 15 minutes rest is over, you must start the next exercise to make the exercise program more effective.

6. 没有他们作为志愿者来工作,我们根本无法为需要帮助的人提供任何服务。Without their working as volunteers, we could never be able to provide any service for those who need it.

7.人们对梨的态度与其他水果几乎相同,只是从来不会被包装成礼品。

Pears are treated in much the same way as some other kinds of fruit but are never wrapped.

8. 据报道,年初召开的包括教师、护士和医生60人参加的会议取得了成功。

A similar meeting held at the beginning of the year, attended by 60 people including teachers, nurses and doctors, was very successful according to the report.

Unit 9

1. Many people took advantage of the local workforces and environmental conditions (利用当地的劳动力和环境条件)to start up a few new factories.

2. I feel inclined to congratulate her on her performance tonight,(我很想祝贺她今晚的表演)but her interest has changed again to speak of Egypt.

3. I’m sure her illness was brought on(她的病被引发)partly by the worry of all that was happening.

4. The problem is that the employer is apt to underestimate the value of direct discussion with his employees.(容易低估与其雇员直接讨论的价值)

5. What they had been doing resulted in the discovery of a cure for cancer. (发现了一种治疗癌症的方法)

6. Comparatively speaking, we are more concerned with work efficiency and product development.(我们更关心工作效率和产品开发)

7. The doctors once said to us that the surgery could induce heart attack.(手术会引发心脏病)

8. Although we may be qualified to work for the project,(我们也许有资格为该项目工作)we cannot really be considered top-class scientists.

相关文档
  • 综合教程课后翻译

  • 综合教程3翻译答案

  • 综合教程翻译及答案

  • 综合教程4课后翻译

  • 英汉互译实用教程

  • 英汉互译教程