1.羞怯可以让人从感觉轻微的不适到高度焦虑，这会对我们做任何事都有影响。Shyness can vary from feeling mild discomfort to high level of anxiety that impact us in almost everything we do.
Despite his stubbornness, he knew that he should avoid arousing any suspicions.
It will be interpreted as criticism no matter what you say.
Let’s not allow ourselves to be upset by trifles which we should ignore and forget. 5.花太多的时间老是想着过去会阻碍你享受生活。
Too much time spent dwelling on the past can get in the way of enjoying life as it happens.
People who believe they can accomplish goals and solve problems are more likely to do well in school.
She wore a dress with a pattern of roses on it.
Helen had prepared a wonderful meal for us.
Ann promised faithfully that she would never tell.
Could you deliver this letter to the accounts department.
We were offered a selection of milk and plain chocolate.
Tell the children to keep out of mischief.
We could hear the sound of distant thunder.
The project has received approval from the government.
Kelly loved her husband in spite of the fact that he drank too much.
Experts seem unable to agree whether the drug is safe or not.
Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours.
How will taxes affect people with low incomes?
My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up practicing the piano.
These book range in price from $10 to $20.
It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.
Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job.
For such a big house the price is fairly cheap, but you’ve got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs.
Can we begin with discussing questions arising from the last meeting?
I used to like photography, but now I have no time to pursue any hobbies.
There is no sure way to predict who will develop asthma and who won’t.
Now neurobiologists no longer argue about whether brain can grow new cells or not.
I don’t love acting as much as I once did.
If you don’t define your goal, you don’t know in which direction you should be heading.
6. 你不该老想着过去，花些时间回顾和思考你走过的路可以帮你计划你的将来。While you should not dwell on your past, taking the time to review and reflect on the path you have taken will help you plan for your future,
You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.
The examples demonstrate how poorly some students write the resumes.
1.Seeing all the people walking to and fro outside the office ,（看到所有的人在办公室外面走来走去）I became more worried.
2.In time he well see who is his true friend to be relied on in difficulty。（谁是他真正的朋友，在困难时可依靠）
3.That scientist’s experiment gave birth to a new drug，（那位科学家的实验使一种新药问世）a better cure for high blood pressure.
4.He got used to being in this room during the winter, shut in by the four walls and a sloping ceiling.（被四堵墙和一个倾斜的天花板困在里面）
5.I realized I would need to convince them at the first opportunity(我一有机会就要
6.When you sweep away an old society, （当你清除一个旧的社会时）you can’t overnight change the institutions of thought that have been built up over centuries.
7.By the close of this century,（在本世纪临近结束时）another two billion people will be born, the great majority in developing countries.
8.If you long for a better future for yourself , your family and your country, （如果你渴望自己，自己的家，自己的国家有更好的未来）stay and continue your studies here.
If I had to select one plan, I would not hesitate to support the latter.
He seemed not guilty, but the evidence suggested otherwise.
I warned him off going to the east coast because it was full of tourists.
The fact that something is cheap doesn’t necessarily mean it’s of low quality.
Without anyone to turn to for help, making an appropriate choice can be difficult.
His sadness at the death of his wife found expression in his music.
Only when people overcome their shyness do they live more confidently.
I’m not buying the children anything else today—I’ve spent far too much money as it is.
I didn’t realize putting on a play involved so much work.
2.最重要的不是你说的，而是你做的。( …not that… but that…)
The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.
3.在这样的情况下，这个结果是所能期待的最好的。(in such circumstances)
This is the best result that can be expected in such circumstances.
It isn’t the first time that you’ve found yourself in such a situation.
This difficulty challenges my mind to find an answer.
6.将要出现的新的威胁是失业。(on the horizon, unemployment)
The new threat on the horizon is unemployment.
We have alternative ways of expressing the same idea.
He slipped into the old habit of drinking.
They are nearly 24 reported sets of twins in the town, of which nearly 12 are identical twins.
“We are well aware of his danger and won’t blindly accept what people say.”stated Mr. Malcom.
I still remember when I first met you on the lake side；what you gave me, all that you gave me.
4. 当她写大学项目时，她找了其他材料，使她更充分地享受工作的乐趣。When she came to writing her college project, she found other material; this would
As soon as the 15 minutes rest is over, you must start the next exercise to make the exercise program more effective.
6. 没有他们作为志愿者来工作，我们根本无法为需要帮助的人提供任何服务。Without their working as volunteers, we could never be able to provide any service for those who need it.
Pears are treated in much the same way as some other kinds of fruit but are never wrapped.
A similar meeting held at the beginning of the year, attended by 60 people including teachers, nurses and doctors, was very successful according to the report.
1. Many people took advantage of the local workforces and environmental conditions （利用当地的劳动力和环境条件）to start up a few new factories.
2. I feel inclined to congratulate her on her performance tonight,（我很想祝贺她今晚的表演）but her interest has changed again to speak of Egypt.
3. I’m sure her illness was brought on（她的病被引发）partly by the worry of all that was happening.
4. The problem is that the employer is apt to underestimate the value of direct discussion with his employees.（容易低估与其雇员直接讨论的价值）
5. What they had been doing resulted in the discovery of a cure for cancer. (发现了一种治疗癌症的方法)
6. Comparatively speaking, we are more concerned with work efficiency and product development.（我们更关心工作效率和产品开发）
7. The doctors once said to us that the surgery could induce heart attack.（手术会引发心脏病）
8. Although we may be qualified to work for the project,（我们也许有资格为该项目工作）we cannot really be considered top-class scientists.