1. to blow hot and cold
2. to paint the lily
3. a dog in the manger
4. to separate the sheep from the goats
5. Everyone for himself and the devil take the hindmost. 【答案】人不为己，天诛地灭(各人为自己，魔鬼捉到最后的。)
1. And then I fell asleep and only woke at broad day. 【答案】随后，我又睡着了，直到日高三丈才醒来。
2. His body was perfect, alive with easy suppleness and health and strength.
3. In a dangerous and uncertain world, the strengthening of national defence is the best guarantee of a nation’s vital interests.
4. Yet there was no hint as to who had irresponsibly started his fiction in the first place. Or why.
5. By comparison, the Great Wall in China is a mammoth presence.
1. to sho w one’s colours
2. to face the music
3. as mute as a fish
4. to take French leave
5. tweedledee and tweedledum
6. to be at the end of one’s rope 【答案】山穷水尽
7. to look for a needle in a haystack 【答案】大海捞针
8. to put all one’s eggs in one basket 【答案】孤注一掷
9. to mind one’s P’s and Q’s
10. to talk black into white
1.A good dog deserves a good bone. (直译加解释法)
2.Ill workmen often blame their tools. (直译联想法)
3.no smoke without fire(意译改造法)
4.He who keeps company with the wolf will learn to howl. (对联增字法) 【答案】近朱者赤，近墨者黑。
5.Like knows like. (等值互借法)
1. Many a good cow hath a bad calf.
2. Like father, like son.
3. No fire without smoke.
4. in for a penny, in for a pound (or: as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb) 【答案】一不做，二不休。
5. sit on the fence (or: swim between two waters)
6. One may steal a horse, while another may not look over the hedge.
7. Give a dog a bad name and hang him.
8. If you want a pretense to whip a dog, say that he ate the frying-pan. (or: He who has a mind to beat his dog will easily find a stick. )
9. Love me, love my dog.
10.One boy is a boy，two boys half a boy，three boys no boy.
【答案】fifteen buckets being hurriedly lowered into a well for water—eight going down while seven were coming up
【答案】to blow up a fire through a rolling pin. It just doesn’t work
【答案】not to change one bit…
【答案】to draw water with a sieve
【答案】the slobber of a buffalo—too long