搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 大学英语3翻译

大学英语3翻译

大学英语3翻译
大学英语3翻译

Unit 1

1.Y ou should spend a reasonable amount of time relaxing and exercising. 你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼

2.In general children are healthier and better educated than ever before.

总的来说,孩子们比过去任何时候都更健康,受到了更好的教育

3.When the right opportunity comes along, he’ll take it. 待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住。

4.Every day he sets aside some time to be with his family and enjoy life. 每天他都留出点时间跟家里人在一起,享受生活。

5.I remember those dark streets and walking hand in hand with my father. 我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景

6.He finally failed to live up to his parents’expectations. 他最终辜负了父母的期望。

7.In contrast, our use of oil has increased enormously. 相比之下,我们的用油量最大幅度上升了

8.He succeeded in his efforts to overcome his fatal weakness. 经过努力,他成功地克服了自己的致命弱点。

Unit 3

1) Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours. 由于紧急情况,这位医生几个小时内都是没有空

2) How will taxes affect people with low incomes?

税收将会如何影响低收入的人群?

3) My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up practicing the piano.我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢琴。

4) These books range in price from $10 to $20.

这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等。

5) It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.在我看来你没有什么选择。

6) Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job. 考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已做到相当不错了。

7) For such a big house the price is fairly cheap/low, but you’ve got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs. 对这么一栋大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修所需的钱。

8) Can we begin with discussing questions/problems arising from the last meeting?我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始?

Unit 4

1. He underwent a major heart surgery several years ago.

几年前他心脏动了一次大手术。

2. We estimated that it would take a week to finish the work.

我们估计完成这项工作要花一个星期。

3. I used to enjoy photography, but I now have no time to pursue any hobbies. 我过去喜欢摄影,但我现在没有时间从事任何业余爱好了。

4. Y ou may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.

你可以爱上一个人但不一定要跟他结婚。

5. Terrorists resort to violence to achieve their political aims.

恐怖分子采用暴力手段以达到他们的政治目的。

6. He says he’ll stay in the office this afternoon in case you want to see him. 他说他下午会

呆在办公室里,以便万一你要见他。

7. Scientists have identified the gene that causes abnormal growth.

科学家已确定了造成畸形发育的基因。

8. These examples demonstrate how badly some students write their résumés.这些例子显示了有些学生的简历写得多么差。

Unit 5

1. Seeing all the people walking to and fro outside the office, I became more worried. 看到所有的人在办公室外面走来走去,我变得更焦急了

2. In time he will see who is his true friend. 最终他会明白谁是他真正的朋友

3. That scientist’s experiment gave birth to a new drug. 那位科学家的实验产生了一种新药。

4. He had been shut in by illness during much of the winter. 大半个冬天他都因病被困在屋里。

5. They would practice spoken English at the first opportunity.

他们一有机会就会练习英语口语。

6. Everything she valued might be swept away overnight.

她所珍爱的一切或许会在一夜之间化为乌有。

7. Towards the close of the term, all the students are busy preparing for the finals.

临近学期结束时,同学们都忙着准备考试。

8. It is a very cold winter and we long for it to be over.

这么冷的冬天,我们渴望它快点过去

Unit 6

1. She always behaves badly when her aunt comes to visit.

每当她姨妈来访的时候,她总是表现不好。

2. If it hadn’t been for your help, we wouldn’t have been able to finish the task in time.

要不是你们的帮助,我们不会准时完成任务。

3. I warned him off going to the east coast because it was full of tourists.

我劝他别去东海岸,因为那里到处是游客。

4. The fact that something is cheap doesn’t necessarily mean it’s of low quality.

东西便宜并不见得质量就低劣。

5. Without anyone to turn to for help, making an appropriate choice can be difficult.

如果没有人可以求教,就难以作出恰当的选择。

6. His sadness at the death of his wife found expression in his music.

他用音乐表现了他失去妻子的悲痛。

7. Only if Peter goes to the evening party will she go.

只有Peter去参加晚会她才会去

8. I can only compare the experience to a nightmare.

我只能把这次经历比作一场噩梦。

Unit 7

1. I didn’t realize putting on/staging a play involved so much work.

我没料想到上演一个剧本需要这么多的工作。

2. The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.

最重要的不是你所说的,而是你所做的.

3. This is the best result that can be expected in such circumstances.在这样的情况下,这个结果是所能期待的最好的.

4. It isn’t the first time that you've found yourself in such a situation.

你不是第一次处于这种情形。

5. This difficulty challenges my mind to find an answer.

这个困难促使我弄脑筋找出答案。

6. The new threat on the horizon is unemployment.

将要出现的新的威胁是失业。

7. We have alternative ways of expressing the same idea.

我们有不同的方法表达同样的想法。

8. He slipped into the old habit of drinking.他喝酒的老毛病又犯了。

Unit9

1. I took advantage of the fine weather today to play tennis.我趁今天天气好打网球去了。

2. Y ou may even swim in the lake—if you feel inclined to.

你甚至可以在湖里游泳——如果你想去的话。

3. The loud music brought on another one of his headaches.巨大的音乐声使他又感到一阵头痛。

4. A careless person is apt to make mistakes.

粗心的人易犯错误。

5. The experiment resulted in the discovery of a cure for cancer.

这项实验发现了一种治疗癌症的方法。

6. Comparatively speaking, we are more concerned with work efficiency and product development.

相比而言,我们更关心工作效率和产品开发。

7. Doctors said that surgery could induce heart attack.

医生说手术会引起心脏病发作

8. I qualified as a doctor at London University 30 years ago.

30年前,我从伦敦大学获得医生资格。

(or: I was qualified as a doctor by London University 30 years ago.)

Unit 10

1. When he returned to his office, he was confronted with an enormous pile of work.

当他回到办公室时,他面对着一大堆的工作。

2. The captain of this football team scored two wonderful goals early on in the game.

这个足球队的队长在比赛开始阶段射进了两个精彩的球。

3. Provided they are fit, I don’t know why they won’t go on playing for another three or four years.如果他们身体还健康,我不明白他们为什么不再打三到四年的球。

4. In emergencies he can still make sound judgments.在紧急情况下,他仍然能做出正确的判断。

5. While I admit that there are problems, I don’t agree that they cannot be solved.

尽管我承认问题是有的,但我不同意这些问题是没有办法解决的。

6. He went on listening to her, at times impatient and at times fascinated.

他继续听她讲,有时不耐烦,有时又着了迷。

7. We must find a way to resolve these problems before it is too late.

趁现在还来得及,我们必须找到一种解决这些问题的办法。

8. Parents cannot always have the school of their choice for their children.

父母无法总是让孩子上他们为孩子选择的学校。

大学英语精读3翻译答案

Unit1 2) 杰克对书架上那些书一本也不了解,所以他的选择是很随意的。 Jack didn't know anything about any of the books on the bookshelf, so his choice was quite arbitrary. 4) 我认为我们应该鼓励中学生在暑假找临时工作。 I think we should encourage high school students to find temporary jobs / employment during their summer holidays. 5) 令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长(governor)竟然是个贪官(corrupt official)。 To our surprise, the governor who had often been praised for his honesty turned out to be a corrupt official. 6) 少数工人得到提升(be promoted),与此同时却有数百名工人被解雇。 A few workers were promoted, but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. Unit3 1) 许多美国大学生申请政府贷款交付学费。 Many American students apply for government loans to pay for their education / tuition. 2) 除阅读材料外,使用电影和多媒体(multimedia)会激发学生学习的兴趣。 Besides reading materials, the use of films and multimedia can stimulate students' interest in a subject. 5) 我已经把我的简历(résumé)寄往几家公司,但尚未收到回复。 I have sent off my résumé to several corporations, but haven't yet received a reply. 6) 她的结论是建立在对当前国际情况进行了认真的分析的基础上的。 Her conclusion is built / based on a careful analysis of current international affairs. 7) 我们满怀期望地来参加会议,离开时却大失所望。 We came to the meeting full of expectations, yet we left very disappointed. Unit5 1 就能力而言,我肯定他能胜任这件工作。 As far as ability is concerned, I am sure he will qualify for the job. 6) 在西方,人们常常邮购商品,这可以节省许多时间。 In the West, people often send away for mail-order goods, which can save a lot of time. 7) 抱歉, 时间不多了,我建议我们跳到最后一章。 Sorry time is running out; I suggest we skip to the last chapter. 8) 既然你决心尽快完成硕士课程(master's program), 那就别让你的社交生活(social life)妨碍你的学习。 Since you have set your mind to finishing your master's program as soon as possible, don't let your social life stand in the way of your studies. Unit6 1) 装了(fitted with) 假肢(artificial leg),他起初走路走不稳,但经过锻炼他的步子(step) 稳了。 Fitted with the artificial leg, he walked unsteadily / shakily at first, but with practice his steps became steady. 2) 医生说我得了重感冒,给我开了四种药,三种是药片,饭后服,另一种是药水 (liquid),睡前服。 The doctor said I had caught a severe cold and she prescribed me four different medicines. Three of them are pills to be taken after meals and the other is liquid to be drunk before going to bed. 4) 汽车早已开走看不见了,珍妮 (Jenny) 还站在大门口凝视着路的尽头。 Jenny was still standing at the gate gazing at the end of the road long after the car was out of sight. 6) 一般来说,通过增加供给或减少需求可以降低物价。 In general, prices may be brought down by increasing supply or decreasing demand. Unit7 1) 像平常一样,他在开始洗漱(get washed)前,将收音机调至早晨七点的新闻广播。 As usual, he tuned his radio for the 7 a.m. news broadcast before he began to get washed. 2) 有许多文件要签,但紧急的只有这份合同。 There are a lot of papers to sign, but the only urgent one is this contract. 3) 在该市,因吸毒(drug abuse)和赌博(gambling)而引发的罪行在发展,当地政府似乎找不出对付这一问题的办法。 In that city crime born of drug abuse and gambling is on the rise, and the local government seems unable to figure out a way to cope with it. 5) 我敢肯定那座楼在空袭(air raid)中一定被完全炸毁了。 I bet the building must have been completely destroyed in the air raid. 2) 即使你是班上最好的学生之一,要保住成绩也得常常温习功课才行。 Even if you are one of the best students in class, in order to maintain your grades you must review your lessons often. 4) 情况确实是如此,有些人一生中很早就获得成功,而另一些人则要工作很长时间方能实现自己的目标。 It is true that some people achieve success very early in life, while others must work a long time before attaining their goals. 5) 他坚持认为这次实验的失败主要由于准备不足(inadequate)。 He maintained that the failure of the experiment was largely due to inadequate preparation. 6) 如今研究人员提倡我们应该每天花些时间将自己想要达到的目标投射到心灵的屏幕上。Researchers now recommend that we take time every day to project our desired goals onto the screen in our minds. Unit10 1.事实上,对于这次海难(shipwreck)报纸上的说法不一。 In fact, there are different accounts of the shipwreck in the newspapers. 2.据说这一地区早在两千年前农业就很先进。 It is said that the area was well advanced in agriculture as early as 2,000 years ago. 3.瞧他是如何操作这机器的,然后就照着做。 6.圣诞节和元旦相隔一周时间。 There is an interval of a week between Christmas and New Year's Day. unit7 the big chance良机 He wasn't the kind to pick a secretary by the color of her hair. Not Bill Hargrave. Both Paula and Nancy had been smart enough to know that. And for some time everyone in the office had known that one of them, Paula or Nancy, was going to get the job. In fact, the decision would probably be made this afternoon. Hargrave was leaving town and wanted to settle the matter before he left. 他不是那种根据头发的颜色来挑选秘书的人。比尔〃哈格雷夫不是那种人。波拉和南希都很聪明,明白这点。一段时间以来,办公室里人人都知道,她俩中的一个,不是波拉就是南希,将要得到这个职务。事实上,决定可能就在今天下午作出。哈格雷夫就要外出,要在动身前安排好这事。 The two girls could see him from their desks outside his office. Maybe it was only some correspondence that he was looking at with cool, keen eyes. But for a moment his finger seemed to pause above those two efficient little pushbuttons. If he pressed the left one, it would be Paula's pulse which would begin to beat faster. 两个姑娘可以从他办公室外面各自的办公桌那儿看到他。他那沉着、热切的目光正在注视着的可能只不过是则信函而已。可是有那么一会儿,他的手指似乎在那两个颇有效率的小按钮上踌躇着。要是他按左边那个,就会使波拉的脉搏加快跳动 Paula couldn't keep her eyes off that light on her desk. She kept making mistakes in her typing and nervously taking the sheets of paper out in order to start all over again. 波拉的目光一直盯着桌上的那个小灯。她打字时老是出错,老是情绪紧张地把纸拉出来,以便重新开始。 She leaned across her typewriter and said to Nancy, "They boss is all dressed up today. He must be going on a special trip." 她靠在打字机上对南希说:?头儿今天穿得上下笔挺。他准是要作一次不同寻常的旅行。?She was just talking to relieve her nervousness. Nancy took her time about answering. She wasn't used to having Paula talk to her in such an intimate tone. (1)Not since they'd learned a month ago that they were both in line for a promotion, for the important job as Bill Hargrave's secretary. 她说话不过是为了消除紧张情绪。南希没有马上回答。她不习惯波拉用如此亲昵的口吻和她说话。一个月前,她们就得知她俩之中将有人获得提升,担任比尔〃哈格雷夫的秘书这一重要职务。从那时起,南希就对波拉用如此亲昵的口吻和她说话觉得别扭。 well, the job was worth going after. There was the salary, for one thing. And there was the prestige. The boss' secretary knew a great deal about the business. And there were the interesting people she got to talk to. The important people. And the boxes of perfume, flowers, and candy they often left on her desk. And there was Bill Hargrave for a boss. Young and clever and attractive. That was a factor, too. 嗨,这工作还是值得去努力的。一方面是薪水的问题。另外还有地位的问题。头儿的秘书了解很多业务情况。还有那些她将能与之交谈的有趣的人。那些重要人物。还有他们常留在她桌上的一包包香水、鲜花和糖果。当然还有比尔〃哈格雷夫这个头儿。年轻聪明又有魅力。那也是一个因素。 (2)Paula didn't need any lessons when it came to office politics. She was the one who was always busy when someone of little importance in the office wanted his material typed. "Sorry, but it's impossible. Jack. Why not ask Nancy?" and they did ask Nancy. It left Paula free to do Bill Hargrave's work in a hurry. She was never too busy for Bill's work. 说到办公室里明争暗斗那一套,波拉可算是无师自通。办公室里无关紧要的人要想把什么材料打出来时,她总是不巧正忙着。“对不起,杰克,可没有办法。为什么不让南希打呢?于是他们果然就让南希打。这样波拉就有时间把比尔·哈格雷夫的东西赶紧打出来。给比尔打东西她从不嫌忙。 When Hargrave finally pressed one of those buttons it was at Paula's desk that the light went on. She started to make a grab for her notebook, but she quickly took out her mirror first. Then she grabbed up her notebook and an envelope that was on the desk. 等到哈格雷夫终于按了那两个按钮中的一个时,亮起来的是波拉桌上的灯。她起身去抓笔记本,可很快先掏出了镜子。随后她一把抓起笔记本,还有桌上的一个信封。 (3)As for Nancy, what else could she do but sit there with her pretty blonde head bent over her typewriter? Nancy was a natural blonde, and that seemed the best way to describe her, she just didn't seem to know any tricks such as Paula did for making herself more popular with the boss. 至于南希,她除了低垂着她那满头漂亮金发的脑袋坐在那儿打字以外,还能干别的什么呢? 南希是个不会做作的金发碧眼女郎,这样描绘她似乎是最恰当不过了。波拉为取悦头儿耍的种种花招,她却好像一窍不通。 The moment Paula got inside Hargrave's office he asked about that stateroom. 波拉一进办公室,哈格雷夫就问高级客舱的事。 She handed him the envelope. It contained the two tickets. "That's your stateroom number on the outside," she said in a businesslike way. 她把那个信封递给他。里面有两张票。?信封上是高级客舱的编号,?她用事务式的口气说 She had on a blue flannel suit, something like Bill's, and it was clear he thought she looked pretty smart in it. 她身穿一套法兰绒蓝套装,跟比尔穿的有点相仿,他显然觉得她穿这套衣服很漂亮。 He looked again at the number of his stateroom and he put the envelope carefully in his inside pocket. 他又看了看高级客舱的编号,把信封小心翼翼地装进里面的口袋。 Then he told her she was going to have a new job. He mentioned the salary, too. He didn't neglect to mention the salary. 接着他就跟她说了。她将有个新工作。他也提到了薪水。他没有忽略薪水的事。 She took it just right - in a very businesslike manner. Just enough of gratitude. And then, the old sportsmanship how sorry she felt about Nancy. She didn't look sorry. 她很得体地接受了这个决定——完全公事公办的态度。恰到好处的感谢。随后展示了她那久已具有的运动家风度。她说为南希感到非常遗憾。她并没有流露出多少遗憾的神情。 (4)And neither did Bill. He told her it was okay, that she shouldn't worry about Nancy, that Nancy wasn't made for the job anyway, and that besides, he and Nancy were leaving on their honeymoon tonight. Tonight at eight-fifteen. 比尔也没有显出遗憾的样子。他对她说,这没什么,她用不着为南希担心,反正南希生来就不适合干这种工作,再说,他和南希今晚就要去共度蜜月了。今晚8点15分。

新视野大学英语第三版翻译

BOOK TWO Unit 5 丝绸之路(Silk Road)是我国古代一条连接中国和欧亚大陆(Eurasia)的交通线路,由于这条商路以丝绸贸易为主,故称"丝绸之路"。作为国际贸易的通道和文化交流的桥梁,丝绸之路有效地促进了东西方经济文化交流和发展,对世界文明进程有着深远影响。当前,在新的历史条件下,我国提出了"一带一路"(One Belt, One Road)(即"丝绸之路经济带"和"21世纪海上丝绸之路")的战略构想。"一带一路"以合作共赢为核心,强调相关各国的互利共赢和共同发展。这一战略一经提出即受到沿线各国的积极响应。 The Silk Road is a traffic route in the ancient times connecting China and Eurasia. This trade route focuses on the trade of silk, hence the name "the Silk Road". As an international trade channel and a bridge of cultural exchanges, the Silk Road effectively improved the economic and cultural exchanges and development between the East and the West, exerting a profound impact on the progress of the world civilization. Nowadays, under the new historical circumstances, our country proposes the strategy of "One Belt, One Road" (namely the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st-century Maritime Silk Road). The strategy of "One Belt, One Road" focuses on cooperation and mutual benefits, emphasizing mutual benefits, win-win, as well as common development of the related countries. Once proposed, the strategy has received positive responses from the related countries along the road. Unit 6 国民幸福指数(National Happiness Index,NHI)是衡量人们幸福感的一种指数,也是衡量一个国家或地区经济发展、居民生活与幸福水平的指标工具。随着中国经济的高速增长,中国政府越来越重视人民群众生活质量和幸福指数的提升。政府注重改善民生,努力改善人民群众的经济状况,满足人民群众日益增长的物质文化需求。当前,中国政府提倡释放改革红利,让人民群众得到更多实惠。所有这些都将有效促进我国国民幸福指数不断提升。 National Happiness Index (NHI) is an index that measures how happy people are. It is also a tool that measures the levels of economic development and people's livelihood and happiness in a country or region. With the fast growth of Chinese economy, the Chinese government has been paying more and more attention to people's living quality and the increase of happiness index. The government stresses improvement of its people's livelihood, striving to improve their economic conditions and meet their growing material and cultural needs. Currently, the Chinese government advocates the unleashing of more reform dividends, with the aim of offering more real benefits to its people. All these measures will combine to effectively increase the NHI of our people.

大学英语三课后习题翻译及答案

Unit 1 From her accent I guess she’s from the Northeast. 从她的口音我猜她是来自东北地区的。 It was very clever of her to turn his argument against himself. 她很聪明,使他对自己的论点 I found a couple of shoes under the bed but they don’t make a pair. 我在床下发现了一双鞋,但他们不做一双 4. Dr. Bright always takes his time as he examines his patients and treats them with extreme care. Bright博士总是把他的时间用于他检查他的病人,并把他们的极端护理 5. British companies are trying to avoid the fate their American counterparts have already suffered. 英国公司正试图避免他们的美国同行已经遭受的命运。 6. Wilfred’s remarks confirmed me in my opinion that he was an honorable young man. 威尔弗雷德的话证实了我在我看来,他是一个光荣的年轻人 7. The key witness for the prosecution was offered police protection after she received death threats. 检察机关的主要证人在收到死亡威胁后提供了警方的保护 8. I thought that was the end of the matter but subsequent events proved me wrong. 我认为这是事情的结束,但随后的事件证明我错了。 9. Having practiced for so long, the New York baseball team stands a chance winning the World Series this year. 经过这么长时间的练习,纽约棒球队赢得了今年的世界系列赛的机会。 10. At the trial , Bob’s teacher, who was called as a character witness, said he was a quiet boy who had never been in trouble before. 在审讯中,鲍伯的老师,被称为证人,说他是个安静的男孩以前从未惹过麻烦。 Unit 2 11. We’ve just had a very fruitful meeting with the management and we’re now much more hopeful about the pay rise. 我们刚刚与管理层有了一个非常富有成效的会议,我们现在对加薪的希望更大了 12. The book I’m reading explains the evolution of plant and animal life on earth. 我读的这本书解释了地球上动植物的进化

新视野大学英语3课文翻译

新视野大学英语3课文翻译 第一课无限的爱 我哥哥吉米出生时遇上难产,因为缺氧导致大脑受损。两年后,我出生了。 从此以后,我的生活便围绕我哥哥转。 伴随我成长的,是“到外面去玩,把你哥哥也带上。” 不带上他,我是哪里也去不了的。因此,我怂恿邻居的孩子到我家来,尽情地玩孩子们玩的游戏。 我母亲教吉米学习日常自理,比如刷牙或系皮带什么的。 我父亲宅心仁厚,他的耐心和理解使一家人心贴着心。 我则负责外面的事,找到那些欺负我哥哥的孩子们的父母,告他们的状,为我哥哥讨回公道。 父亲和吉米形影不离。 他们一道吃早饭,平时每天早上一道开车去海军航运中心,他们都在那里工作,吉米在那搬卸标有彩色代号的箱子。 晚饭后,他们一道交谈,玩游戏,直到深夜。 他们甚至用口哨吹相同的曲调。 所以,父亲1991年因心脏病去世时,吉米几乎崩溃了,尽管他尽量不表现出来。 他就是不能相信父亲去世这一事实。 通常,他是一个令人愉快的人,现在却一言不发,无论说多少话都不能透过他木然的脸部表情了解他的心事。 我雇了一个人和他住在一起,开车送他去上班。然而,不管我怎么努力地维持原状,吉米还是认为他熟悉的世界已经消失了。 有一天,我问他:“你是不是想念爸爸?” 他的嘴唇颤抖了几下,然后问我:“你怎么看,玛格丽特?他是我最好的朋友。” 接着,我俩都流下了眼泪。 六个月后,母亲因肺癌去世,剩下我一人来照顾吉米。 吉米不能马上适应去上班时没有父亲陪着,因此搬来纽约和我一起住了一段时间。 我走到哪里他就跟到哪里,他好像适应得很好。 但吉米依然想住在我父母的房子里,继续干他原来的工作。我答应把他送回去。 此事最后做成了。 如今,他在那里生活了11年,在许多人的照料下,同时依靠自己生活得有声有色。 他已成了邻里间不可或缺的人物。 如果你有邮件要收,或有狗要遛,他就是你所要的人。 当然,母亲的话没错:可以有一个家,既能容纳他的缺陷又能装下我的雄心。

大学英语精读3翻译答案

翻译答案3大学英语精读 Unit1 1.发言人明确表示总统在任何情况下都不会取

消这次旅行。The spokesman made it clear that the President would not cancel the trip under any circumstances. 2.我们相信他所说的,因为他受过良好的教育,出生于受人尊敬的家庭,更重要的是他为人可靠。We trust what he has said,because he is well educated, comes from a respectable family ,and what's more ,he is reliable.

3.随后发生的那些事件再次证明了我的猜疑是对的。The subsequent events once again confirmed that my suspicions were right. 4.在赛后举行记者招待会上,这位足球教练因该队表现不佳而向球迷们致敬。At the press conference held after the game, the football coach apologized to the s poor performance. 'fans for his team 5.令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长竟然是个贪官。To our surprise ,the governor, who had

often been praised for his honesty ,turned out to be a corrupt official. 6.只有少数工人工人得到提升,在这同时却有数百名工人被解雇。A few workers were promoted ,but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. 7.如果有机会,约翰也许成为一位杰出的画家了。Given the chance, John might

全新版大学英语综合教程3课文原文及翻译6-8

unit 6 The Last Leaf When Johnsy fell seriously ill, she seemed to lose the will to hang on to life. The doctor held out little hope for her. Her friends seemed helpless. Was there nothing to be done? 约翰西病情严重,她似乎失去了活下去的意志。医生对她不抱什么希望。朋友们看来也爱莫能助。难道真 的就无可奈何了吗? 1 At the top of a three-story brick building, Sue and Johnsy had their studio. "Johnsy" was familiar for Joanna. One was from Maine; the other from California. They had met at a cafe on Eighth Street and found their tastes in art, chicory salad and bishop sleeves so much in tune that the joint studio resulted. 在一幢三层砖楼的顶层,苏和约翰西辟了个画室。“约翰西”是乔安娜的昵称。她们一位来自缅因州,一 位来自加利福尼亚。两人相遇在第八大街的一个咖啡馆,发现各自在艺术品味、菊苣色拉,以及灯笼袖等方面趣 味相投,于是就有了这个两人画室。 2 That was in May. In November a cold, unseen stranger, whom the doctors called Pneumonia, stalked about the district, touching one here and there with his icy fingers. Johnsy was among his victims. She lay, scarcely moving on her bed, looking through the small window at the blank side of the next brick house. 那是5月里的事。到了11月,一个医生称之为肺炎的阴森的隐形客闯入了这一地区,用它冰冷的手指东 碰西触。约翰西也为其所害。她病倒了,躺在床上几乎一动不动,只能隔着小窗望着隔壁砖房那单调沉闷的侧墙。 3 One morning the busy doctor invited Sue into the hallway with a bushy, gray eyebrow. 一天上午,忙碌的医生扬了扬灰白的浓眉,示意苏来到过道。 4 "She has one chance in ten," he said. "And that chance is for her to want to live. Your little lady has made up her mind that she's not going to get well. Has she anything on her mind? “她只有一成希望,”他说。“那还得看她自己是不是想活下去。你这位女朋友已经下决心不想好了。她有 什么心事吗?” 5 "She -- she wanted to paint the Bay of Naples some day," said Sue. “她――她想有一天能去画那不勒斯湾,”苏说。 6 "Paint? -- bosh! Has she anything on her mind worth thinking about twice -- a man, for instance?" “画画?――得了。她有没有别的事值得她留恋的――比如说,一个男人?” 7 "A man?" said Sue. "Is a man worth -- but, no, doctor; there is nothing of the kind." “男人?”苏说。“难道一个男人就值得――可是,她没有啊,大夫,没有这码子事。” 8 "Well," said the doctor. "I will do all that science can accomplish. But whenever my patient begins to count the carriages in her funeral procession I subtract 50 per cent from the curative power of medicines." After the doctor had gone Sue went into the workroom and cried. Then she marched into Johnsy's room with her drawing board, whistling a merry tune. “好吧,”大夫说。“我会尽一切努力,只要是科学能做到的。可是,但凡病人开始计算她出殡的行列里有 几辆马车的时候,我就要把医药的疗效减去一半。”大夫走后,苏去工作室哭了一场。随后她携着画板大步走进 约翰西的房间,口里吹着轻快的口哨。 9 Johnsy lay, scarcely making a movement under the bedclothes, with her face toward the window. She was looking out and counting -- counting backward. 约翰西躺在被子下几乎一动不动,脸朝着窗。她望着窗外,数着数――倒数着数! 10 "Twelve," she said, and a little later "eleven"; and then "ten," and "nine"; and then "eight" and "seven," almost together. “12,”她数道,过了一会儿“11”,接着数“10”和“9”;再数“8”和“7”,几乎一口同时数下来。 11 Sue looked out of the window. What was there to count? There was only a bare, dreary yard to be seen, and the blank side of the brick house twenty feet away. An old, old ivy vine climbed half way up the brick wall. The cold breath of autumn had blown away its leaves, leaving it almost bare. 苏朝窗外望去。外面有什么好数的呢?外面只看到一个空荡荡的沉闷的院子,还有20英尺开外那砖房的侧墙,上面什么也没有。一棵古老的常青藤爬到半墙高。萧瑟秋风吹落了枝叶,藤上几乎光秃秃的。

大学英语精读第三册课后翻译

Unit1 翻译 1) 发言人(spokesman)明确表示总统在任何情况下都不会取消(cancel)这次旅行。 The spokesman made it clear that the President would not cancel the trip under any circumstances. 2) 杰克对书架上那些书一本也不了解,所以他的选择是很随意的。 Jack didn't know anything about any of the books on the bookshelf, so his choice was quite arbitrary. 3) 随后发生的那些事件再次证明了我的猜疑(suspicions)是对的。(confirm) The subsequent events confirmed my suspicions once again. 4) 我认为我们应该鼓励中学生在暑假找临时工作。 I think we should encourage high school students to find temporary jobs / employment during their summer holidays. 5) 令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长(governor)竟然是个贪官(corrupt official)。 To our surprise, the governor who had often been praised for his honesty turned out to be a corrupt official. 6) 少数工人得到提升(be promoted),与此同时却有数百名工人被解雇。 A few workers were promoted, but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. 7) 如果有机会,约翰也许已成为一位杰出的画家了。(given) Given the chance, John might have become an outstanding painter. 8) 数小时后,有人看见那个男孩在林子里瞎转。 Several hours later, the boy was found wandering around in the woods. Unit2 翻译 迅速方便地获得信息是很重要,但学会以新的方式看信息甚至更为重要。医学上一次重大突破也许能说明这一观点。科学家本想寻找一种治天花的特效药,但他们没有成功。英国医生爱德华·詹纳放弃寻找特效药,而是通过找到一种

新视野大学英语读写教程第三版第一册课文翻译

Unit1奔向更加光明的未来 1 下午好!作为校长,我非常自豪地欢迎你们来到这所大学。你们所取得的成就是你们自己多年努力的结果,也是你们的父母和老师们多年努力的结果。在这所大学里,我们承诺 将使你们学有所成。 2 在欢迎你们到来的这一刻,我想起自己高中毕业时的情景,还有妈妈为我和爸爸拍的合影。妈妈吩咐我们:“姿势自然点。” “等一等 , ”爸爸说,“把我递给他闹钟的情景拍下来。” 在大学期间,那个闹钟每天早晨叫醒我。至今它还放在我办公室的桌子上。 3 让我来告诉你们, 一些你们未必预料得到的事情。你们将会怀念以前的生活习惯,怀念父母曾经提醒你们要刻苦学习、取得佳绩。你们可能因为高中生活终于结束而喜极而泣,你 们的父母也可能因为终于不用再给你们洗衣服而喜极而泣!但是要记住:未来是建立在过 去扎实的基础上的。 4 对你们而言,接下来的四年将会是无与伦比的一段时光。在这里,你们拥有丰富的资源:有来自全国各地的有趣的学生,有学识渊博又充满爱心的老师,有综合性图书馆,有完备的运动设施,还有针对不同兴趣的学生社团——从文科社团到理科社团、到社区服务等等。你们将自由地探索、学习新科目。你们要学着习惯点灯熬油,学着结交充满魅力的人,学着 去追求新的爱好。我想鼓励你们充分利用这一特殊的经历,并用你们的干劲和热情去收获 这一机会所带来的丰硕成果。 5 有这么多课程可供选择,你可能会不知所措。你不可能选修所有的课程,但是要尽可能 体验更多的课程!大学里有很多事情可做可学,每件事情都会为你提供不同视角来审视世 界。如果我只能给你们一条选课建议的话,那就是:挑战自己!不要认为你早就了解自己对什么样的领域最感兴趣。选择一些你从未接触过的领域的课程。这样,你不仅会变得更加博学,而且更有可能发现一个你未曾想到的、能成就你未来的爱好。一个绝佳的例子就是时装设计师王薇薇,她最初学的是艺术史。随着时间的推移,王薇薇把艺术史研究和对时装的热爱结合起来,并将其转化为对设计的热情,从而使她成为全球闻名的设计师。 6 在大学里,一下子拥有这么多新鲜体验可能不会总是令人愉快的。在你的宿舍楼里,住在你 隔壁寝室的同学可能会反复播放同一首歌,令你头痛欲裂!你可能喜欢早起,而你的室友 却是个夜猫子!尽管如此,你和你的室友仍然可能成为最要好的朋友。如果有些新的经历让你感觉不那么舒心,不要担心。我保证快乐的经历会多于不快的经历。而且我保证几乎所有这些经历都会给你带来宝贵的经验教训,从而使你的生活更加丰富多彩。所以,带着热切的目光和欢乐的心情,勇敢向前去拥抱这些新的体验吧! 7 我们相信,你们的自我发现之旅和对爱好的寻求带给你们的将不仅仅是个人的进步。我们相信,当你们成为我们的学者群体中的一员时,你们很快就会认识到,大学不仅提供大量自我充实的机会,同时也带来了责任。一位智者说过:“教育代代相传,它就是社会的灵魂。”你们是你们家庭辛勤劳动成果的传承者,也是无数前辈辛勤劳动成果的传承者。他们积累了知识,并把知识传递给你们,而这些知识正是你们取得成功所必需的。现在轮到你们了。你们会获取什么样的知识?你们会发现什么样的兴趣爱好?你们怎样做才能为你们的子孙后代创造一个强大昌盛的未来? 8 我们很高兴能为你们人生旅途中这一重大阶段开启大门。我们很高兴你们将获得许多机会,也很高兴你们将作为社区、国家乃至世界的公民承担起应有的责任。欢迎你们!

相关主题