8 faithful 9 pledge 10 drain
1 tell …on you
2 track down
3 work it out
4 picking on me
5 reckoned with
6 call on
7 on his own
8 get through
9 in disguise 10 revolves around
G O D I K L B F A N
8 value 9 tool 10 manner
3 thunderstruck （非常吃惊的）
8 weather-beaten （饱经风霜的）
1. well-informed（对……非常熟悉的）2 new-found（新获得的）3 hard-earned （辛苦挣得的） 4 soft-spoken（说话温柔的） 5 newly-married（新婚的）6 widely-held（普遍认为的）7 well-meant（出于好意的）8 well-educated（受过良好教育的）
1 no matter how different it may seem form any other substance
2 no matter what a woman tries to do to improve her situation
3 no matter what excuse he gives
4 no matter what anyone else may think
5 no matter how they rewrite history
1 just as we gained fame in victory we lost nothing in defeat
2 just as the head teacher plays a significant role in the school Jane plays a significant role f leader in the classroom.
3 whoever was out there obviously couldn’t see him just as he couldn’t see them.
4 she has been searching all her life for the perfect chocolate just as I have been searching for the perfect beer.
5 you can make those kinds of comparisons just as you were doing the analyses a minute ago.
1. No matter how experienced a speaker you are and how well you have prepared your speech you will have difficulty making a speech at such a noisy reception.
2. Just as all his sister’s friends cared about him Jimmy cared about them.
3. Car manufacturers stamp a vehicle identification number at several places on new cars to help track down stolen vehicles.
4. If you dare tell on me when the teacher gets back I won’t say a word to you any more.
5. Some elderly people prefer to live on their own while the great majority choose to live with their children.
6. Here is something that needs to be reckoned with: how to get the necessary finances to establish the company.
9 C 10 B 11 B 12 B 13 A 14 C 15 D
16 C 17 A 18 C 19 D 20 A第二版新视野大学英语读写教程第三册unit2答案
8 remedy 9 impact 10 sufficient
1 bounce back
2 summed up
3 Up to
4 at risk
5 went to zero
6 goes up
7 interfere with
8 derived from
9 In general 10 take in
G K O N J A C D F I
7 interest 8 efficiency 9 strength 10 creativity
8 existence 9. occurrence 10. acceptance
1. world-famous 2 ice-cold 3 snow-white 4 waterproof 5 waist-deep 6 carefree
1 Mr. Howe my favorite professor has received a Distinguished Teacher Award.
2 Yesterday I went fishing something I hadn’t done in years.
3 Some women are normally inactive but then all of a sudden start a program of intense exercise an action that breaks the laws of sports science.
4 Even a brief visit to Greece a modern country with ancient civilization gives you a deep sense of its culture.
5 The ancient Chinese a people of inventors discoverers philosophers soldiers poets craftsmen gave the world many of its most useful things.
1 His homework done his composition written Larry decided to go and see the film.
2 The manager sat quietly in the office (his) eyes closed waiting for the telephone to ring.
3 The room was a mess empty bottles and beer cans (being) everywhere.
4 When I walked in Grandpa was sitting at the kitchen table the newspaper spread before him.
5 Diana stood motionless at the end of the diving board tears streaming down her cheeks.
1. The defendant a woman of only 30 kept insisting on her own innocence.
2. All tings considered dates beans and some leafy green vegetables are the best sources of iron.
3. No beverages are served with meals because they interfere with digestion.
4. Taking the popularity of the region into consideration it is advisable to book hotels in advance.
5. If you have a feeling of wanting to throw up after taking this drug stop taking it immediately and consult your doctors as soon as possible.
6. Summing up the discussion he said both parties should consider the most effective way to solve the problem.
9 C 10 B 11 A 12 B 13 D 14 A 15 D
16 A 17 D 18 C 19 C 20 A第二版新视野大学英语读写教程第三册uni3答案
7 conventional 8 reform 9 worthwhile 10 publicity
1. His girlfriend’s father saw him as a man who could not m ake a living.
2. The course was canceled over the students’ protest.
3. The problem is so difficult that we cannot work it out without the help of our teacher.
4. Children tend to do/try their utmost when they know their parents are making similar efforts.
5. The new teaching program didn’t work well in the school at the outset.
6. I was kind of excited when I received the letter that offered me an interview.
7. The school is scheduled to open on September 1.
8. They appeared to offer a free computer complete with software and a printer.
9. In spite of hardships they made real efforts that have resulted in more progress than expected.
10. Many people make things more difficult for themselves because they still operate on the principle that you should not ask for help or you might seem weak.
F M K D C
G L O I B
8 love 9 pleasure 10 enthusiasm
1 In Britain as in America there is a great demand for educational reform.
2. In Greece as in Italy people use a lot of olive oil in cooking.
3. As in the Hyde School values such as courage integrity leadership curiosity and concern are the first most important lesson in some public inner-city schools in Maryland.
4. In China as in Japan a large number of middle school students take supplementary classes in order to get into a famous university.
5. As in the middle of the 1950s many young people went down to the countryside in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
1 Once you’ve practiced a bit you’ll find that it’s quite easy.
2. Once the meal was finished the discussions began.
3. Once you show any fear he will attack you.
4. Once parents make a commitment to the program they will be daily role models for their children.
5. Once customers come to rely on these systems they almost never take their business elsewhere.
1. In his thinking as in his behavior he is very traditional.
2. Once the teachers agree to accept the new teaching program they have to face the strain it puts on them.
3. In the long run it is worthwhile to pursue one’s study after graduating from university instead of going to work directly.
4. As the school operates on the Character First principle moral values and academic