搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 九年级下册英语课文翻译

九年级下册英语课文翻译

Module 1 Travel Unit 1 The fight was late
第一模块 、 旅游、第一单元、飞机晚点了。
Lingling: Welcome back , everyone!
欢迎大家回来!
Betty: Hi Lingling! How was your holiday?
嗨,玲玲!你的假期过得怎么样?
Lingling: Not bad! I went to Henan Province.
不错,我去了河南省,
But the trip back was very long.
但是归程非常漫长,
The train was full of people, and I had to stand for over six hours.
火车上挤满了人,我不得不站了六个多小时。
Betty: Bad luck , Where's Tony?
真倒霉,托尼在哪里?
Daming: He's staying with his family in the UK , and flying back tomorrow.
他和家人正在英国,明天飞回来,
The flights were late today,
今天的航班晚点了。
Betty: Why is travel so difficult in winter?
为什么在冬天旅行这么困难?
Lingling: Well , it's the busiest season in China because of Spring Festival.
嗯,因为春节的缘故,冬季成了中国最繁忙的季节,
Where did you go, Daming?
你去了哪里,大明?
Daming : We flew to Hong Kong-- and the flight was late!
我们坐飞机去了香港、航班晚点了,
But we took the boat to Landau Island and went to Disneyland.
但是们乘船去了大屿岛,还去了迪斯尼乐园。
Lingling: How about you, Betty?
你呢,贝蒂?
Betty : We had quite a gook time in Beijing,
我们在北京玩得很高兴,
We went sightseeing by bus and by taxi.
我们乘公交车、出租车观光游,
And last weekend, we took a tour by coach to the Summer Palsce and went for a long walk.
上个周末,我们乘大巴去了颐和园,并且逛了很长时间。
Daming: And now, better get back to work ...
那现在,我们最好回到学习上来
We've got exams at the end of the term.
学期末我们还要考试呢。
Betty : Yes , but there are plenty of fun things to do this term... the school trip ...
是的,但是本学期我们有很多有趣的事情要做、学校的旅游。
Lingling : ... and the school leavers's party ...
.. 学校的毕业生典礼。
Daming: ... the visit to the English-speaking theatre in Beijing ...
. 参观北京的英语歌剧院 ...
Lingling :And our trip to Los Angeles! we'll have a great time!
还有我们去洛杉矶的旅行!我们会很开心的!







Module 1 Travel Unit 2 You're sitting in my seat
第一模块 、旅游、第二单元、你坐着我的座位。
Excuse me. You're sitting in my seat.
对不起,你坐着我的座位。
The train to Beijing!
去北京的火车!
Lin often dreamed about the train, and about going to the capital.
林经常梦见火车,梦见去首都,
Now it was in front of him , to set off soon, He looked at his brother.
现在它、(火车)就在他的面前,并且马上就要出发,他看着他的哥哥。
"Don't forget where you come from, little bro

ther,"Jin said."
“别忘了你来自哪里,弟弟。”金说,
and watch your bags carefully." Lin nodded, unable to speak.
“要仔细照看你的行李。” 林点点头,说不出话来。
This was his first long trip by train at the start of his new life,
这是他第一次乘火车长途旅行,开始他的新生活,
Leaving his village and his home for the last 16 years.
离开他生活了16年的村庄和家。
He held Jin in his arms. With tears in his eyes,
他紧紧拥抱着金,眼中噙满了泪水,
Jin pushed Lin way. "Go, Brother Write to us as soon as you get there, OK?"
金把林推开,“走吧,弟弟,一到那里就给我们写信,好吗?”
Lin jumped onto the train. There were people and bags everywhere .
林跳上了火车,火车上到处都是乘客和行李,
He pushed past them towards his seat.
他穿过拥挤的人群来到他的座位。
A young man was sitting in Lin's seat.
一个年轻人坐在林的座位上,
He was wearing jians and a very smart jacket, and was smoking a cigarette,
他穿着牛仔裤和一件非常时尚的夹克,正在吸一支烟。
What should he do?
他应该怎么办?
Six pairs of eyes looked at Lin, while the man looked out of the window.
六双眼睛看着林,然而那个人却朝窗外启动看去。
"Sir, You're sitting in my seat,"Lin said, with a nervous smile.
“先生,你坐着我的座位,”林带着紧张的笑容说,
The other people watched with interest.
其他人都饶有兴味地看着他。
The man didn't turn to look at Lin, but just looked out of the window !
那个人没有回头看林,而且看着窗外。
"Excuse me. I have a ticket with the number of the seat you're sitting in !
“对不起,我有你坐的这个座位的票!”
"Lin said in a stronger voice.
林提高了声音说道。
"I also have a ticket with that number- though it is in another car.
“我也有一张这个号的票,尽管它在另外一个车箱,
Besides, I was here first," said the man without moving his head.
而且,是我先来的,”这个人头也没动地说道。
Though he was sitting, he looked very tall and strong.
他虽然坐着,但他看上去很高、很壮。
Lin looked at the other passengers for help ."But ... " he started to say. "
林看着其他乘客寻求帮助。“但是 ... ”他开始说话。
But what?"The man turned and looked at Lin. "I'm not moving."
“但是什么?”那个人回过头看着林说,“我是不会走的。”
Finally a man wearing glasses spoke in a loud voice.
最后,一个戴着眼镜的男人大声说道,
"This young man has the right ticked for that seat. You should move.。”
“这个年轻人有这个座位的票,你应该让开。”
Ling felt brave. "See ? Please move. I've got a long way to go."
林觉得勇气倍增。“你看?请让开,我要坐很长时间的火车呢。”
"How long?" the young m

an ased.
“多长?”那个年轻人问道。
"To the last stop, Beijing."
“到终点站、北京。”
"I'm getting off before you. Then you can have my seat."
“我在你之前下车,然后你可以坐我的座位。”
"Where is that?" asked Lin. "Hangzhou."
“在哪里?”林问道,”杭州。”
Lin thought Hangzhou was far away.
林认为杭州很远。
"It's seven hours away from here," the man with glasses said.
“离这大约七个小时的路程。”那个戴眼镜的人说道
"Even if it's only 10 minutes, you should move."
,“就算只有十分钟,你也应该让开。”
Slowly the young man stood up, dropped his cigarette on the floor, and disappeared down the train.
慢慢地那个年轻人站了起来,把烟头扔在地上,然后消失在火车另一端。

Module 2 Education Unit 1 It was great to see her again
第2模块,教育,第一单元, 又见到她,太棒了。







Betty : Hey ,Tony! How was th UK ?
托尼,英国之行怎么样?
Tony: Guess what! I saw Sally in London.
你猜怎么着?我在伦敦看到了萨利。
Lingling: My pen friend Sally?
我的笔友萨利?
Tony : Yes Sally, the girl who visited us last year and played in the orchestra.
是萨利,就是去年来看过我们并且在管弦乐队演奏的那个女孩。
Lingling:Oh, that's fantastic! How is she?
太不可思议了,她怎么样?
Tony: She's fine, It was great to see her again. I really like her.
她很好,再见到她真是太好了,我真的很喜欢她。
Betty: Did you do anything intersting while you were there?
你在那里做了哪些有趣的事?
Did you visit her school?
你参观了她的学校吗?
Tony: Yes, I did, She took me there herself. What's it like?
是的,我去了,她亲自带我去的,学校是什么样子的?
Tony: Here you are! These are some photos of Park School. I took them myself.
给你! 这有一些帕克学校的照片,我自己拍的。
Lingling: Let's have a look.
让我们看一看,
Tony: It isn't as big as ours.
她的学校没有我们的大,
It's only got about 700 pupils.
学校仅仅有700名左右的学生。
Lingling: And how many pupils are there in a class? Tony: Thirty.
那一个班有多少学生?30人。
Lingling: Wow. Most classes have got a computer and Internet.
大多数班级都有计算机和互联网。
And there are a few science Laboratories , and a large library.
学校里有一些科学实验室和一个大型的图书馆,
And there's a swimming pool and a huge sports ground.
还有一个游泳池和一个非常大的体育场。
Lingling: But Sally likes music.
但是萨利喜欢音乐。
Tony: Well, there's a music room,too. And they are a hall for concerts.
对,那也有一个音乐教室,他们还有一个音乐厅。
Lingling: Which school is better, our school or Park School?
哪个学校更好些,我们学校或

还是帕克学校?
Tony: Both schools are very nice.
两个学校都很好,
And neither school has anything the other hasn't got.
并且没有一个学校拥有另一个学校没有的东西。...
But... : But what... but I prefer our school!
但是,但是什么...但是我更喜欢我们的学校!
Daming: I bet we're even better than Park Dchool at English!
我打赌在英语方面我们比帕克学校甚至更好!
Lingling: Well, any way, we're all going to get top grades for English!
是呀、不管怎么样、我们都将在英语上取得高分!






Module 2 Education Unit 2 What's the best thing about school?
第2模块、教育、第二单元、学校什么最好?
My school life
我的学校生活
My name is Sally Maxwell, and I'm 15.
我的名字是萨利、马克斯韦尔,今年15岁。
I've been at Park School, London since I was 11.
从我11岁起,我就在伦敦的帕克学校读书。
If I pass my exams next year, I'll stay here mutil I'm 18.
如果我明年通过了考试,我将在这里待到18岁。
Park School is a secondary school, about 20 minutes by bike away from home .
帕克学校是一所中学,从我家骑自行车到学校大约要20分钟。
Before I came here, I went to primary school, near my home.
我来这里之前,我在我家附近的小学上学。
I started primary school when I was five and stayed there for six years.
我5岁开始上的小学,在那里待了六年。
The schoolday is from 8:45 am to 3: 15 pm.
上学的时间是上午8点45 至下午3点15。
We spend the first 10 minutes in our classroom while our teacher checks which pupils are present or absent.
在刚开始的10分钟里我们待在教室,让老师检查学生的出勤情况。
Then everyone goes to the main hall.
然后,所有人都去大厅,
There our head teacher makes a speech and tells us any news about the school.
在那里,校长发表演讲,并告诉我们学校的一些新闻。
Lessons begin at 9:05 and last for an hour.
9:05 开始上课,一节课一个小时。
We have a break at 11:05 until 11:20, then another lesson, then lunch for an hour.
在11:05 至11:20期间我们休息,然后再上一节课,接着是一个小时的午饭时间。
We have two more lessons before school finishes.
在放学之前我们还要上两节课。
This year I have 11 subjects: maths , biology. chemistry. French, History. geography, music and IT, PHSE,ADT and PE
今年,我有11门课程:数学、生物、化学、法语、历史、地理、音乐和IT, PHSE,ADT and PE。
(these stand for Information Technology;Personal Health and Safety Education: Art Desing and Technology and Physical Education).
(这些分别代表信息技术;个人健康;和安全教育;艺术、设计与技术、体育等课程的简称)。
Fortunately, we don't have exams in every subject.
幸运的是,我们并不是

每门功课都要考试。
PHSE is about the dangers of drugs and smoking, among other things.
个人健康和安全教育讲的是毒品和吸烟的危害性,以及其他一些内容。
In ADT we also do things like learning to cool as well as drawing and design,
在艺术、设计与技术这门课中我们学习绘画与设计,也学习烹饪。
Some people can do Italian and Spanish instead of French, but no one is learning Chinese ... yet!
有一些学生不会做法国菜,会做意大利菜和西班牙菜,但是还没有人学做中国菜。
PE involves physical exercise, basketball, trainging in the gym and swimming—
体育课包括体育锻炼,篮球以及在体育馆的训练和游泳。
we're really lucky to have a swimming pool.
我们真的很幸运能有一个游泳池。
I took exams when I was 7,10 and 14 years old.
我在7岁、10岁和14岁的时候参加过考试。
Next year I take my exams in eight subjects,
明年我得参加八门课程的考试,
and then I can do between three and five subjects for the wxams in my final year.
然后我可以在最后一年参加三至五门课程的考试。
We have a large sports ground where we play football, tennis and do athletics both during and after school hours.
我们有一个大的运动场,上学期间或放学之后,我们可以在那里踢足球、打网球和进行体育锻炼。
Afterschool activities,such as sports clubs and language societies are popular, too.
课外活动像体育俱乐部和语言社团也都很受欢迎。
During the school year there are usually visits to museums and galleries, and to camps for activities, such as climbing and cycling in the country.
在每个学年中,通常会去博物馆和艺术画廊参观,以及像爬山和在乡间骑自行车这样的野营活动。
There are parties and discos and a sports day,
还有一些聚会、迪斯科和运动日,
and the school play is a really important event.
学校的演出也是一件十分重要的事件。
Once a term, there is a parents' meeting.
每个学期都有一次家长会,
S o our parents and teachers can talk about our progress.
父母和老师可以谈谈我们的进步。
What's the best thing about school? English, history, music ... and my friends.
学校里最好的事情是什么?英语、历史、音乐....... 和我的朋友们。
What's the worst thing? Homework ... and exams!
最坏的事情呢? 家庭作业...... 和考试。










Module 3 Now and then,Unit 1 People are healthier today
第3模块,偶而,第一单元,现在的人更健康。
Betty's mum: It's getting late, Betty.
很晚了,贝蒂。
Betty: Nearly finished! I'm doing a composition: Is life today better or worse than it was 50 years ago?
快完成了!我正在写作文呢,今天的生活比起五十年前是变好了还是变糟了?
Bettu's mum: And what do you think?
那你是怎么认为的?

Betty: I think it's better. The most important difference is that people are healthier today,
我认为变好了,最重要的区别是今天的人们更加健康,
and they live longer than they did in the past.
并且比过去长寿。
Betty's mum: That's true. The advantage is that we know more about medicine today We're better at preventing illness.
那是事实,优势是今天我们了解了更多的医疗知识,我们更擅长预防疾病了。
But people don't eat as well as in the past, and don't take as much exercise as they did.
但是食品不如以前健康,人们的运动量也不如原来大。
.Betty; I suppose that's because public transport is much better today.
我认为那是今天的公共运输变好了的缘故。
Betty's mum: Yes, I agree, People walk or use their bikes less. and they're lazier.
是的,我也有同感,人们更少步行或者骑自行车,他们变得比以前懒了。
faster transport also makes more pollution.
迅捷的交通也带来了更多的污染,
and that makes life more dangerous and less healthy.
那使得生活变得更危险、更不健康了。
Betty; What about work? People don't have to work as hard as they worked 50 years ago.
那工作怎么样呢?人们不必像五十年前那样费力地工作了。
Yes, but no one ever says they have too much free time!
是啊,但是从没有人说他们的空闲时间多!
I also think schoolchildren today work harder than we ever did.
我也认为今天的学生比我们那时候幸苦。
Betty: Yes. but I really want to do my best.
是的,但是我真的想尽自己最大努力。
Why don't you ask Mrs Li downstairs?
你为什么不问问楼下的李太太呢?
She's seen how life has changed.
她目睹了生活的变化。
Betty: That's a good idea. Talking of free time, don't forget I'm going on the school trip next month . and the theatre visit.
好主意,谈到空闲时间,别忘了下个月我将参加学校组织的旅游和去剧院参观。
" Good! You'll be more relaxed and less nervous before your exams.
好,你将在考试前感觉更轻松,更无压力。







Module 3 Now and then(没有录音文件)Unit 2 We weren't very rich,but we were happy
第3模块,偶而,第二单元,我们不是很富有,但我们很快乐。
Life in the past
过去的生活
Mrs Li is over 70 years old , and has lived in Beijing all her life.
李太太已经七十多岁了,她一辈子都居住在北京
I asked her about life today and in the past
我向了她有关过去和今天的生活情况。
Tell me about your parents. brothers and sisters。
给我讲讲您的父母、兄弟姐妹。
My parents, my sister and three brothers lived in a small house beside a restaurant.
我父母、我姐姐和我的三个弟弟住在一家餐馆旁边的小房子里。
We weren't very rich, but we were happy.
我们不是很富裕,但我们很开

心。。
My sister was the elsest child and she left school when she was only 12 to help my mother at home.
我姐姐是家中最大的孩子,在她年仅十二岁时、就辍学在家帮助妈妈。
Families have changed a lot since I was young.
从我小时候开始,家庭成员就一直发生着变化。
They were much bigger in those days.
在那时候家庭比较大,
Most of my friends had lots of brothers and sisters.
我的大多数朋友都有很多兄弟姐妹。
Today most people only have one child!
今天,大多数人只有一个孩子。
Did your parents have jobs?
您的父母都有工作吗?
My father went out to work. He was a factory worker,and he oftern worked 12 hours a day.
我爸爸出去工作,他是一家工厂的工人,经常每天工作12个小时。
My mom wanted to work. She was a teacher before she met my father.
我的妈妈想去工作,她在遇到我父亲之前是一名教师。
Looking after us was a full-time job, so she stayed at home.
照顾我们成了她的全职工作,因此她待在家里。
Today it's normal for married women to go out to work, but it was less common in the past.
今天已婚妇女出去工作是很正常的,但在过去这是少见的。
My father had the same job the whole of his working life.
我爸爸一生都做同一个工作,
These days people change their jobs much more often.
今天,人们更频繁地更换他们的工作。
What was life like at home
家里的生活是怎么样的呢?
Well, I remember the family meals, three times a day.
我记得全家吃饭的情景,每天三顿饭,
My mother was always cooking for us.
妈妈总是给我们做饭吃。
We weren't rich but we ate enough.
我们不富裕,但是我们能吃饱。
And the food was always freshly cooked-
食物总是现做的—
-my mother never bought ready-made food as people do today, so it was much better for us.
我妈妈从不像今天的人那样买些已做好的食物,因此,那对我们来说更有益。
And of course we didn't have television, so we played games together and read a lot.
当然,那时我们没有电视,因此,我们一起做游戏,一起读书,
I helped my younger brother with his homework in the evenings.
晚上我帮助弟弟做作业。
where did you meet your husband?
您是在什么地方认识您丈夫的?
I first met him 60 years ago.
我第一次见到他是在六十年前,
I was carrying some heavy bags on my bike and I fell off!
那时我正骑着车驮着一些沉重的袋子,然后摔了下来。
He stopped and picked up my bags .
他停下来帮我捡起那些袋子,
My parents liked him,.and thought he came from a good family
我的父母都喜欢他,认为他来自一个良好的家庭,
so we got married a year later, I was only 19.
因此一年后我们就结婚了,那时我才19岁。
These days most couples

meet at work,and they Just hope their parents will be happy for them if they marry.
现在,很多夫妇相识在工作中,他们只希望他们的父母为他们的结合感到高兴。
Has Beijing changed?
北京有什么变化吗?
Yes, there are lots more buildings and so much more traffic!
有啊,有那么多的建筑物,有那么多的交通工具。
I can't believe the number of cars on the streets.
我不敢相信街道上有那么多的汽车。
But I suppose it's the same everywhere.
但是我认为到处都是一样的,
And I walk less these days and take the bus more.
现在我很少步行了,更多地乘公交车了。
And do you think life is better today?
那么你认为今天的生活变得更好了吗?
Well, I think so.I'm healthier than I've ever been.
是的,我是这样认为的,我比以前更健康了,
We live longer and we eat better.
我们活得更长,吃得更好了,
One day I'll be talking to your own grandchildren!
将来有一天、我还会给你的孙子们讲这些呢!











Module 4 The way you look Unit 1 I really like these shoes
你对事物的看法,第一单元 我真的很喜欢这些鞋
I'm really looking forward to the Shakespeare play.
我真的期盼着看到莎士比亚的戏剧。
Me too! And the school trip to the Great Wall.
我也是!还有学校组织的去长城的旅行。
Yes,but I need a thick jacket, and some warm gloves and socks.
是的,但我需要一件厚夹克衫、一些保暖的手套和袜子。
In may?
现在是5月份啊
I get really cold.
我真的觉得很冷。
OK. Let's go shopping!
好吧,我们去购物吧!
How about that new shopping centre in Wangfujing?
去王府井的那家新购物中心怎么样?
You know, turn left and go along Wangfujing , and it's no the right.
你看,向左拐沿着王府井大街一直走,它就在右边。
Sure , We'll go by bus, OK?
对,我们乘公交车去,好吗?
And have you decided what to wear to the school leavers' party?
你已经决定在学校的毕业典礼上穿什么衣服了吗?
I've got a really nice long dress. What about you?
我有一条很漂亮的长裙,你呢?
I'll probably wear a dress, too, but I need some shoes.
我很可能也穿裙子,但我需要买双鞋,
OK,I'll meet you in from of school at two o'clock this afternoon.
好吧,今天下午两点我在学校门口等你。
How about this jacket?
这件夹克怎么样?
It's the right size but it's a bit bright.
这件大小合适,但是颜色有点艳。
Let's see if they have one in blue. Where's the shop assistant?
让我们看看他们是否有蓝色的,售货员在哪呢?
It's that girl with long hair over there.
是那边那个留着长发的女孩,!
Shop assistant: Excuse me!Can I help you?
对不起,打扰一下,需要帮忙吗?
Yes, do you have this jacket in blue?
是的,这种夹克你有蓝色的吗


No, I don't think so. But we've got some overcoats over here Come this way.
没有,没有这种款式的,但我们这边有大衣,请这边走。
No she doesn't want an overcoat.
不了,她不想要大衣。
Hey, I really like these shoes!
嗨,我真的喜欢这些鞋子!
Oh, take a look at that amazing skirt!
哦,看看那条漂亮的裙子。
I think we're going to be here for some time.
我想我们得在这待一会。











Module 4 The way you look Unit 2 What helps you choose the clothes you like?
第4模块、你对事物的看法,第二单元、怎样帮助你选择你喜欢的服装。
Looking cool
看上去很酷。
What do you look for when you go shopping for clothes?
当你买衣服时你找什么样的衣服?
Do you choose something fashionable... or comfortable?
你是选时尚的 ....... 还是选舒适的?
Do you like to look different?
你喜欢看起来与众不同吗?
Or do you wear the same clothes as your friends?
或者你穿跟你的朋友一样的衣服吗??
Do you go for this year's colours?
你追随今年的流行色吗?
Is it the logo - the company symbol- that catches your attention?
是不是商标,公司的标志,引起了你的注意??
Or maybe film stars are wearing these clothes?
或者也许是电影明星正穿着这样的衣服?
What helps you choose the clothes you like?
是什么帮助你选择你喜欢的衣服???
Everyone spends money on clothes, and everyone has their personal look.
人人都花钱买衣服,人人都有其个人外貌。
The best-known clothing companies sell their "designer" clothes all over the world.
是最有名的服装公司在全球销售他们的品牌服装,。
But the number of these big name companies is in fact very small,
但是这些知名公司的数目实际上很小,,
and the clothes they make are more expensive than the clothes made by less well - known companies.
并且他们生产的衣服也比名气小的公司生产的衣服贵得多。
Many people even prefer them to cheaper clothes. Why?
很多人甚至更喜欢这些昂贵的衣服,为什么??
Many young people today care about the way they look.
现在很多年轻人都关注他们的外表,
They often buy "designer" clothes because they think they look cool.
他们经常买品牌服装是因为他们觉得这些衣服看起来酷,
Then the less welll-known companies. make clothes which look the same.
然后,名气小的公司也生产看起来相同的衣服。
But they don't sell as well because they don't have the logo.
但是他们销售得不是很好,因为他们没有那个图标。
People also think designer clothes are better make.
人们同样认为品牌衣服做工更好。
For example , many people think the right running shoes will make you run faster or play better.
例如,很多人认为好的跑鞋会让你跑得更快

或球踢得更好,
Of course, this is not always true. It's the training -- not the trainers-- that improves your speed or your score.
当然,这并非总是真的,是日常的训练,而不是跑鞋,提高了你的速度或者你的成绩,
But that's not the point. People believe that it's true ... and then buy the shoes,
但这不是关键,人们相信那是真的,然后就去买这种鞋,
The big companies only want to make a lot of money.
这些知名公司仅仅想要赚很多钱。

Above all, designer clothes are more popular because of clever advertising.
更重要的是,由于巧妙广告的作用,品牌服装更流行了,。
All of the international companies spend millions of dollars every year to make us buy their clothes. And they succeed!
每年这些国际性的公司花数百万美元做广告,让我们买他们的衣服,而且他们成功了。
Most people dress in a way that shows off their personality.
大多数人都采用彰显个性的穿着方式。
But if some of us buy expensive clothes just to look cool, what does that say about us?
但是,如果我们中的有些人买昂贵的衣服仅仅是为了看上去更酷,那说明了什么,?
Maybe it's just clever advertising.
或许只是聪明的广告起了引导消费的作用。
So next weekend , think about the clothes you put on.
因此下个周末,想想你穿的衣服。
What's the logo on your trainers? Who made your jeans?
你的跑鞋上有什么图标,你的牛仔裤是哪个厂家的?
And how many of your friends wear the same clothes as you do?
有多少朋友和你穿同样的衣服,
And then think that maybe some of us could spend our money better.
然后想一想,或许我们中的有些人可以更理智地花钱。

















Module 5 Rules and suggestions Unit 1 You must keep to the path
第5模块,规则和建议,第一单元,你们必须沿着小路走。
Ok, listen up! Before we can enjoy ourselve on the Great wall,
好了,注意听了!在我们上长城尽情玩耍之前,
there are a few rules and suggesttions, OK?
有一些规定和建议,听听好吗?
All: Yes, Mr Jackson. first,you must keep the path,
好的,杰克逊先生,首先,你们必须沿着这条路走,
You mustn't walk along the edge because you might fall and hurt yourself. Is that clear?
你们决不能踩在边缘上走,因为你们可能摔下去伤到自己,听清楚了吗?
Yes. And you have to keep together .
听清楚了,还有你们必须待在一起
You mustn't go off on your own, because you might get lost.
,你们不许独自离开,因为你们可能会走失。
No, Mr Jackson. Can we have something to eat now?
好的,杰克逊先生,我们现在可以吃东西吗?
I'm starving!
我快饿死了!
No, you can't, Daming!You only had brekfast an hour ago.
不,你不能,大明!一个小时前你才刚

吃过早饭。
I think we should start walking, and then stop at noon for our picnic,
我想我们应该出发了,然后中午停下来野餐。
But you shouldn't drink all the water, because you may need some later.
但是你们不能喝光所有的水,因为你们过一会还要用它。
Can we go rock climbin? Yes, you can, but you must use ropes.
我们可以攀岩吗?是的,可以,但是你们必须用绳索。
You have to think about personal safety!And you must have the right shoes.
你们必须考虑个人安全!而且你们必须穿着合适的鞋子。
OK, I think that's all.
好了,我想就这些了。
Let;s go down this path, and then we can cross the stream and climb up to the top of that mountain.
让我们沿着这条路走,然后穿过小溪,爬上那座山的山顶。
Then we can take a look across the countryside ... .. and have lunch?
然后,我们就能放眼乡村风光了..... 然后吃中饭?
,,, and then walk along that part of the wall, up there. Come on! I'll lead the way.
.. 然后沿着城墙一直走到上面去,来吧,我来带路。
I feel tired already, I may need a rest very soon.
我已经觉得累了,我可能很快就需要休息。







Module 5 Rules and suggestions unit 2 you mustn’t move
第5模块,规则和建议,第二单元,你们必须不动。
Watch out! Bears about!
当心 !附近有熊!
On our first evening, the three of us were tired after walking for about eight hours.
在第一个晚上,我们三个人经过了大约八个小时的跋涉后累了,
We soon fell asleep.
我们很快就睡着了。
In the middle of the night, there was a strange noise outside.
半夜,外面传来奇怪的声音。
But when I looked out of the tent, there was nothing to see.
但当我从帐篷往外看时,什么也没有看到。
In the morning, I got up to mske breakfast, The bag of food was open .
早上,我起来做早饭,发现食品袋是开着的。
"bears," said Joe, " We should hang the food in a tree tonight,"
“熊,”乔说,“今晚、我们应该把食物挂在树上。”
Later that day we stopped in a beautifur valley by a stream.
后来,那天我们在溪边的一个美丽的小峡谷停了下来。
It was very peaceful, and we fell asleep listening to the sound of water.
那里安静极了,我们伴随着小溪流水的声音睡着了。
During the night the bears came back. This time they took the food from the tree.
夜里,熊又来了,这次他们从树上拿走了食物。
"How did they do that?" I asked.
“他们怎么做到的?”我问道。
"Not high enough,. Bears can climb trees. They can smell food from a distance.
“挂的地方不够高,熊会爬树,他们可以从远处闻到食物的味道。
We should pick up the rubbish. too"
我们也应该收拾一下垃圾。”
The first rule of camping is to keep a clean camp site

.
野营的首要规则就是保持营地的清洁。
You can't leave anything which bears might think is food,
你不能留下任何可能让熊认为是食物的东西。
"OK, let's tidy the site up, and move on, OH and we should make lots of noise. too.
“好吧,我们把野营地清理一下,然后继续走吧,对了,我们应该弄出很多声音来。
If they know where we are, they may not come any closer." said Joe.
如果它们知道我们在哪,它们就不会靠得那么近了、”乔说。
“If you see a bear,”said Joe , “you mustn't move or make any gesture,
“如果你看见一只熊,” 乔说,“你绝对不能动或者做任何手势,
And above all, you mustn't run. No one can run faster in the forest than a bear."
最重要的是,,你绝对不能跑,在森林里没有一个人会比熊跑得更快。”
We went to sleep ... or we tried to.
我们去睡觉了... 或者说我们尽力去睡。
The next day we stopped at midday for something to eat,
第二天中午,我们停下来吃中饭,
and while the others were resting, I went for a walk in the forest.
当其他的人都在休息的时候,,我去森林里散步。
Suddenly, I saw a baby bear playing with some sticks and stones,
突然,我看见一只小熊在玩一些树枝和石头。
He looked so friendly, and I remember thinking,"if I reach out, I can just touch him."
它看起来那么友好,而且我记得当时想过,“如果我伸出手去,我就可以摸到它了。”
There was a loud noise behind me.
我身后传来巨大的声响。
I stood very still. I didn't even turn my head.
我站在那里一动不动,甚至没有转过头去。
there was another loud noise, and I still couldn't see what was happening.
身后又有一声巨响,我仍然看不到发生了什么事情。
The baby bear looked up, and ran past me into the woods.
那只小熊抬起头来看了看,从我身边跑进入了森林。
I stayed in the same position for five minutes, maybe more,
我在原地站了五分钟或者更久。
Then slowly I turned round, and on the hillside about 300 metres away I saw the baby bear and his huge mother.
然后我慢慢地转过头去,在大约300米远的山坡上,我看见了那只小熊和它庞大的妈妈。
I have never run so fast, back to my friends.
我以前所未有的速度飞快地跑回到我朋友那里。
For the next 10 days, every time there was sudden noise, my blood went cold.
在接下来的十天里,每当我听到一种奇怪的声音,我都会感到非常惊恐。

第5模块,规则和建议,第二单元,你们必须不动。
当心 !附近有熊!
在第一个晚上,我们三个人经过了大约八个小时的跋涉后累了,
我们很快就睡着了。
半夜,外面传来奇怪的声音。
但当我从帐篷往外看时,什么也没有看到。
早上,我起来做早饭,发现食品袋是开

着的。
“熊,”乔说,“今晚、我们应该把食物挂在树上。”
后来,那天我们在溪边的一个美丽的小峡谷停了下来。
那里安静极了,我们伴随着小溪流水的声音睡着了。
夜里,熊又来了,这次他们从树上拿走了食物。
“他们怎么做到的?”我问道。
“挂的地方不够高,熊会爬树,他们可以从远处闻到食物的味道。
我们也应该收拾一下垃圾。”
野营的首要规则就是保持营地的清洁。
你不能留下任何可能让熊认为是食物的东西。
“好吧,我们把野营地清理一下,然后继续走吧,对了,我们应该弄出很多声音来。
如果它们知道我们在哪,它们就不会靠得那么近了。”
“如果你看见一只熊,” 乔说,“你绝对不能动或者做任何手势,
最重要的是,,你绝对不能跑,在森林里没有一个人会比熊跑得更快。”
我们去睡觉了... 或者说我们尽力去睡。
第二天中午,我们停下来吃中饭,
当其他的人都在休息的时候,,我去森林里散步。
突然,我看见一只小熊在玩一些树枝和石头。
它看起来那么友好,而且我记得当时想过,“如果我伸出手去,我就可以摸到它了。”
我身后传来巨大的声响。
我站在那里一动不动,甚至没有转过头去。
身后又有一声巨响,我仍然看不到发生了什么事情。
那只小熊抬起头来看了看,从我身边跑进入了森林。
我在原地站了五分钟或者更久。
然后我慢慢地转过头去,在大约300米远的山坡上,我看见了那只小熊和它庞大的妈妈。
我以前所未有的速度飞快地跑回到我朋友那里。
在接下来的十天里,每当我听到一种奇怪的声音,我都会感到非常惊恐。









module 6 Look after yourself! Unit 1 He has had an accident
第6模块,照顾好你自己,第1单元,他出意外了。
Hey! My legs are aching. How far have we walked?
嗨!我腿疼了,我们走了多远?
About 10 kilometres . Let's wait for the others. They'll catch up in a few minutes.
大约有10公里了,我们等等其他人吧,他们一会就能赶上来。
Who’s missing? Tony and Daming. What's happened to them?
谁掉队了? 托尼和大明,他们怎么了?
They were walking more slowly than us.
他们走得比我们慢多了。
And look at those clouds!I think it's going to rain . I'll go back and look for them.
看看那些云!我想快要下雨了,我得回去找找他们。
Wait a minute!I can hear someone. Help!
等一下!我听到有人喊救命!
It's tony. Where have you been?
是托尼,你到哪去了?
It's Daming. He has had an accident.He was running along the wall when he tripped and felll over the edge.
是大明,他出意外了,他沿着墙跑的时候绊了一下,摔在边上。
He's cut his head; his shoulder

hurts and I think he's broken his leg.
他碰伤了他的头,他的肩膀疼了,而且我想他摔断腿了。
When did he fall? About 10 minutes ago.
他什么时候摔倒的?大约10分钟前。
OK, show me where he is. I'll call for help on my mobile.
好吧,告诉我他在哪,我要打电话求助。
There he is, lying on the ground!
他在那里,躺在地上!
Hi, Daming . How do you feel?
嗨,大明,你觉得怎么样?
My leg hurts, and I feel a bit cold.
我的退痛,我觉得有点冷。
And you've cut your knee. There's blood on your leg.
而且你伤到了你的膝盖,你腿上有血。
Can you move your foot? Yes. Ouch!But I can't walk.
你能挪动你的脚吗? 可以,哎哟!但是我不能走路了。
We had better get you to hospital.
我们最好送你去医院。
Will he live?
他会活着吗?
Of course he will!He's got a wound in his leg and he may get a fever but it's nothing serious. He'll soon be OK!
当然了!他的腿受了伤,而且他可能有点发烧,但没那么严重,他很快就会好的。










module 6 Look after yourself! Unit 2 You should always go with someone.
第6单元,照看你自己!第二单元,你去哪儿都应有人相伴。
安全、健康生活的六条规则
Six rules for a safe and healthy life
安全和健康生活的六条规则
Thanks to improvements in both health care and personal safety, most people are living healthier, longer lives.
由于医疗护理和人身安全方面的进步,大多数人较以往生活得更健康,更长寿。
Someone who is born today can expect t live 25 years longer than someone who was born in the 19 th century.
今天出生的人有望比19世纪出生的人多活25年,
It's even thought that in the future more and more people will celebrate their hundredth birthday.
有人甚至在想将来会有越来越多的人庆祝他们的百岁生日,。
Here are six urles for a healthy life.
这是健康生活的六条规则。
1 Be careful! It's dangerous out there!
1,注意!外出有危险!
We all know that we shouldn't run across the road in front of the oncoming traffic, or cycle too close to cars.
我们都知道,我们不应该在疾驶的车辆面前横穿马路,或者骑自行车时与车辆靠得太近。
But we’re not sure about how to stay safe in the countryside.
但是我们对在乡村如何保持安全还不太确定。
When you're out walking you should always go with someone. and tell your parents where you're planning to go.
当你出门在外时,你应该与他人结伴而行,并告诉你的父母你打算去哪里。
Remember! Climbing may also mean falling-what goes up must come down.
记住,攀爬可能意味着摔落,有上就必有下,
Safety rules and advice are there to help you,not to make

life less fun.
安全的规则和建议对你有帮助,而不是减少生活的乐趣。

2,不要成为沙发土豆。
2 Don't be a couch potato!
2,不要成为沙发土豆,也就是、千万别整天窝在家里不出来。
Sure, it's comfortable to sit on the couch and watch .
当然了,坐在沙发上看电视很舒服,。
But experts say you should walk at least 10,000 steps every day to keep fit.
但专家们建议每天至少要走10000步以保证身体健康。。
In the past, People's jobs required more physical effort.
过去,人们的工作需要更多的体力劳动,
When farmers were working in the fields. they were keeping fit at the same time.
当农民们在地里劳作的时候,他们也同时在保持着健康。
Think about It: do you get the same amount of exercise today as they did in the past?
考虑一下,你有过去的人们那样的运动量吗?
3 Whatch your diet!
3,注意你的饮食!
It's important to eat plenty of the right things, above all, fruit, vegetables,
要多吃健康的食物,这一点很重要,尤其是水果和蔬菜
and to see fast food or sweets as something very special- maybe just and then.
,同时将快餐或甜点作为调节,偶尔吃点就行了,..
The wrong diet means you'll put on weight, one of the fastest ways to an unhealthy life.
错误的饮食会导致体重增加,这是导致不健康生活的最快的方式之一。
4 Rest up while you can!
尽量多休息。
When we were babies, we slept for much of the day- if our parents were lucky!
当我们是孩子的时候,多数时间是在睡觉、如果我们的父母幸运的话,
Teenagers don't need as much sleep but it's important to get about eight hours' sleep.
青少年不需要太多的睡眠,但是保证8小的睡眠很重要,。
At weekends, you've got more time , so use it not just for your friends, but for rest. too.
在周末,你会有更多的时间,因此,不要仅仅把它花费在与朋友玩耍上,也要注意休息。
5 Don't worry . Be happy!
5.、不要烦恼,开心一点。
Many doctors believe that happiness is important for our general health.
很多医生认为快乐对于我们的整体健康来说很重要,
If you're worried about something, talk to your parents or your teacher.
如果你担心什么的话,就要跟你的父母或都是沟通。
6 Say no ... to smoking and drugs!
6. 拒绝吸烟和毒品!
Yes, you knew I was going to say this!But It's so important.
是的,你知道我要提到这一点,但是它真的很重要。。
More teenagers damage their health through smoking and taking drugs than any other dangers.
越来越多的青少年由于吸烟或吸毒而不是其他的危险损害了他们的健康,。
Think about the effect on your family and friends, and think about its effect on you and your health.
想想它对你的家人或朋友带来的影响,然后想

想它对你和你的健康的影响。
Happy living!
快乐地生活吧!









Module 7 Eating together Unut 1 When's the school leavers' party?
第7模块,聚餐,第1单元,学校毕业典礼晚会什么时候举行?
When's the school leavers' party?
学校毕业典礼晚会什么时候举行、
After the visit to the play by Shakespeare. It'll be held on 30th May We're all invited.
看完莎士比亚的戏剧演出后,将在五月三十日举行,我们都被邀请了。
In fact. I've been chosen to look after the dance music.
事实上,我被选去负责舞曲。
Tony: And I have been asked to decorate the hall.
我被要求去装饰大厅。
And everyone has been told to prepare a traditional dish form our own countries.
并且每个人都被告诉要准备一种自己国家的传统食物。
Will we be allowed to cook it at school, or must it be made at home, and brought here?
我们会被允许在学校里烹调吗?还是必须在家里做好后带到这来?
I suppose it can be heated up in the school kitchen, but it should be cooked at home.
我猜想可以在学校的食堂里加热一下,但是要在家里做好。
What are you going to make?Suanla tang, I guess.
你打算做什么?我想做酸辣汤。
What's that? Hot and sour soup. It's made with chicken or pork and vegetables.
酸辣汤是什么?又辣又酸的汤,它是由鸡肉或猪肉加上蔬菜做成的。
But the invitation says finger food! That means you have to eat it with your fingers.
但是邀请信上说是手抓食品!那就是说你必须用手拿着吃。
Oh, soup's no gook, then. You need a spoon. What about you?
哦,那么、汤不行,你需要一个勺子,你呢?
Hamburgers, with cheese in a bread roll.
汉堡包,在面包卷里夹着乳酪。
And you, Daming? Jiaozi! The best jiaozi in China are make by my grandmother!
你呢.大明?饺子!在中国最好吃的饺子是我奶奶包的!
Is she invited to the school leavers' party,too?
她也被邀请参加毕业生典礼晚会了吗?
Hm , I see what you mean. What about you, Tony?
嗯,我知道你的意思,你呢,托尼?
A traditional English pizza with cheese, tomato and ham.
一个传统的英式比萨饼,中间夹着乳酪、西红柿和火腿。
Pizza isn't English!It was invented in Italy, not England!
比萨饼不是英国的,是在意大利而不是在英国被发明的。
But pizza can be eaten everywhere in England.
但是在英国到处都可以吃到比萨饼。
I don't think Shakespeare ate pizza!
我认为莎士比亚不吃比萨饼!








Module 7 Eating together Unit 2 Knives and forks are used for m

ost food
第7模块,聚餐,第二单元 刀叉大多数食物都要用

Do as the Romans do
入乡随俗
There's a saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do。”
俗话说:“入乡随俗。
And when you eat Western fook, do as the Westerners do.
所以吃西餐时,就要按照西方人那样做。
Here are some things you may wish to know about eating together in the West.
下面是关于在西方共同进餐的一些常识,或许你想知道一些。
In the West, lunch is eaten later, always after midday, sometimes at one o'clock.
在西方,午饭吃得很晚,总是在12点以后,有时到一点钟才吃。
Dinner is served around 7 pm or even later . In Spain its usual to eat lunch at 2 pm and dinner at 10 pm!
晚饭通常在下午七点甚至更晚,在西班牙通常在下午2点吃午饭,晚饭在10点!
At the start of a meal the Chinese usually say " manman chi'.
中国人在进餐开始时通常说,“慢慢吃”
The French say "Bon appetit",
法国人说,“祝你好胃口”
and the Italians say"Buon appetito"
意大利人说,“祝你好胃口”。
But there's no similar expression in English!
但在英语中没有相似的表达方式。
"Enjoy your meal" is usually only said by a waiter.
通常服务员说,请尽情享用。
For"ganbei", you can say "Cheers" !
对于"干杯"、你可以说.“Cheers”。
Chopsticks are only used when people eat Chinese food.
筷子只在吃中餐的时候用。
Knives and forks are used for most food.
刀和叉子用于大多数食品。
The fork is held in your left hand and the knife in your right, and the food is held with the fork and cut with the knife.
左手拿叉子,右手拿刀子,用叉子按住食物再用刀来切开。
Americans often cut all their food first, and then put the fork in their right hand to eat it.
美国人经常先切好所有的食物,然后用右手拿叉子吃食物。
Soup is drunk with a spoon.
用勺子喝汤。
However, there is some food which can be eaten with your fingers, such as chicken legs. seafood, bread and cake.
然而,有些食物可以用手拿着吃,例如,鸡腿,海鲜,面包和蛋糕。
At the start of a meal, if you're the guest, you'll be invited to serve yourself ("Help yourself!"),
如果你是客人,开始吃饭时,你会被邀请自己慢慢享用、(“请随便吃”),
or your plate will be filled by your host("Can I serve you?").
或你的盘子里会被你的主人放满食物、(我能为你服务吗?)
If you've been given something you don't like,it should be pushed to the edge of the plate and left.
如果给了你不喜欢吃的东西,可以把它推到盘子的边缘上不动。
You don't have to say why, but if you feel an explanation is required,
你不必说为什么,但是如果你觉得需要解释一下,
just say, "I'm sorry, I can't eat this"
只要说,“抱歉,我不能吃这个

”。
No one will be cross.If you're offered more food, but can't eat any more,
没有人会生气,如果给了你太多的食物,吃不了。
just say, "No, thanks.It was delicious, but I've had enough."
只要说,“不用了,食物味道很好,但我吃饱了。”
Generally, fewer dishes are prepared than in China.
一般情况下,会提供比在中国少的菜。
It isn't thought to be so important to offer too much food.
提供太多的菜被认为不是重要的。
Finally, it's sometimes difficult to know when the meal is over .
最后,有时很难知道用餐什么时候结束。
If you've been invited to dinner by Western friends,
如果你被西方人邀请过用餐,
You'll know that you're expected to stay and talk around the dinner table long after the last dish has been brought to the table,
你要知道在最后一道菜端上来之后,你仍被希望在桌子旁待一会,聊聊天。
and it's thought quit rude if you leave as soom as you finish eatin.
如果你一吃完就就离开会被认为很无礼。
The golden rule is: Watchthe other people. Do as they do.
黄金规则是:看其他的人,照他们那样做。







Module 8 On the town Unit 1 I was pleased to see it.
第8模块,在小镇,第一单元,我很高兴看它。
How was the play?
那部戏剧怎么样?
Well , I was pleased to see it, but three hours is a long time to stay still.
嗯,我很高兴看到它,不过静静地坐了三个小时,时间长了点。
Was it in English?
是用英语说吗?也可能翻译成、是英文版吗?
Yes, it was acted by the Beijing English Theatre Company.
对,是由北京英语戏院公司演出的。
What was the best bit? The fight between the two families and their servants!
哪一段最精彩?是两个家族和他们的仆人之间的斗争!
And the actors who played the roles of Romeo and Juliet were superb!
扮演罗密欧和朱丽叶的那两个演员是最棒的。
But it's sad at the end, because Juliet loves Romeo, but her father has decided she must marry someone else.
但结局有点悲伤,因为朱丽叶爱罗密欧,但她的父亲决定她必须嫁给别人。
So they both decide to kill themselves.
所以他们两人决定自杀。
"A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life."
“一对不幸的恋人结束了他们的生命。”
OK,OK.I'm impressed. Can you recite any more lines?
好了,好了,我被感动了,你还能再背出别的台词吗?
No,that's all I can remember. Did you have a good seat?
没有了,那是我所能记住的一切,你的座位好吗?
Well, it was hard to see the play at the back. The best place to sit is in the front row.
哦,在后面很难看清楚这部戏,最好的座位是前几排。
Could you hear the dialogue?
你能听到对白吗?
I guessed what they were saying, but their voices weren't very loud.
我猜出他们说了什么,但

是他们的声音不是很大,
Daming and lingling found their accents really difficult to understand.
大明和玲玲发现他们的口音真的很难懂。
The best way is to read the play before you see it.
最好的方法是看戏以前先读一下剧本。
We tried to do that, but there wasn't time.
我们想那样做,但我们没有时间。
Did you have anything to eat before you went to the theatre?
你们去剧院以前吃东西了吗?
No such luck! I was starving!
没有那么幸运!我快饿死了!







Module 8 On the town Unit 2 It's wonderful town!
第8模块,在小镇,第2单元,奇妙的城市。
The city that never sleeps
不夜城
New York, New York, it's a wonderful town!
纽约,纽约,你是一座神奇的城。
The Bronx is up and the Battery's down!
布朗克斯宁静,巴特浮华!
(On the Town ,by Leonard Bernstein)
(摘自伦纳德、伯恩斯坦的音乐剧、《在小镇上》)。
New York is probably the entertainment capital of the world, and a great place to see the big names and top stars in films, television, theatre and music.
纽约或许是世界上娱乐之都,是一个看名人,电影、电视、戏剧和音乐剧中大明星的好地方。
Sports fans have plenty of chances to watch some great sport, and the New York nightlife is world-famous.
体育迷们有大量的机会观看一些顶级的体育比赛,并且纽约的夜生活也是世界著名的。
Madison Square Garden is the place to watch the New York Knicks Basketball Team and the Golden Gloves boxing competition.
麦迪逊广场花园是观看纽约尼克斯篮球队的主场和金手套拳击比赛的地方 。
To watch beaseball, go to the Yankee Stadium, home of the New York Yankees or Shea Stadium for the Mets.
看棒球比赛可以去纽约扬基队的主场、扬基球场或者大都会队的谢依球场。
At New York's finest arts cinema, the Film Forum, you can see the latest foreigh and American movies.
在纽约最好的艺术影院--电影论坛,你可以看到最新的国外和美国本土电影。
But New York itself is the subject of many movies by directors who come from New York, such as Woody Allen and Martin Scorsese.
但是纽约本身就是由一些来自纽约的导演如伍迪、艾伦和马丁、斯科西斯导演的许多电影主题。
The great names of jazz have played in the jazz clubs of Greenwich Village, and fans can listen to the stars of today and tomorrow at the world-famous Blue Note.
最有名的爵士乐队在格林尼治村的爵士乐队演奏过,歌迷们可以在世界闻名的蓝音俱乐部听到当今巨星和未来的明星的演奏。
The Metropolitan Opera House is the place to go for opera lovers, but you have to book tickets a long time before you want to go.
大都会歌剧院对于歌剧爱好者来说是一个好去处,但是在你想要去看演出前

,必须提前很长时间订票。
One of the most important things to see at Christamas is the Nutcracker by the New York City Ballet at Lincoln Centre.
圣诞期间最不容错过的演出之一是在林肯中心由纽约市芭蕾舞团表演的《胡桃夹子》。
Carnegie Hall is well-known for its concerts of all types of music, classical and modern.
卡纳基音乐厅以它的各种音乐会--古典的和现代的而著称。
Broadway is not just a street but an area of New York .
百老汇不仅仅是一条街道,而且是纽约的一个地区。
There you can see some of the biggest and the best plays and musicals, such as Evita, Cats and The Phantom of the Opera,
在那里你可以看到一些世界顶级和最大型的戏剧性和音乐剧表演,如《艾维塔》、《猫》和《歌剧院的幽灵》。
If you ever come to New York in summer,
如果你要是夏天来纽约,
remember to spend a day in Central Park watching a play by Shakespeare in open air, with famous actors from Broadway and Hollywood.
记住在中央公园花上一天的时间、观看一下莎士比亚戏剧的露天表演,那里有来自百老汇和好莱坞的著名演员。
For lovers of painting, the best plan is to go to the Museum of Modern Art or the Guggenheim Museum.
对于绘画爱好者来说,在纽约最好的去处是现代艺术博物馆或古根海姆博物馆。
Restaurants can be found everywhere, and are open at all times of the day or night.
在纽约、餐馆处处可见,而且昼夜一直营业。
There has always been a huge number of Italian,Chinese and Japanese restaurants, but now you can eat food from Thailand, Vietnam, India, Burma or the Philippines.
这里有很多意大利、中国和日本餐馆,但是现在你可以吃到来自泰国、越南、印度、缅甸或菲律宾风味的菜肴。
Try the Oyster Bar in Grand Central Station for the best seafood in Manhatan.
在中央车站的牡蛎餐馆、试试来自曼哈顿最好的海鲜。
New York's nightlife includes discos, like the Limelight, and night clubs.
纽约的夜生活丰富多彩,包括迪斯科舞厅,如莱姆莱特舞厅,还有夜总会。
In fact, it's easy to see why they call it "the city that never sleeps".
事实上,很容易明白为什么他们称它为“不夜城”。








Module 9 English for you and me
第9模块、英语伴随你和我、
Unit 1 I'm proud of what I've learnt
第1单元、我为我所学的知识而自豪
How much progress in English do you think you've made this year, Lingling?
玲玲,你认为今年在英语上你取得多大的进步?
Not bad. In fact,I think I've achieved a lot, and I'm proud of what I've learnt.
还不错,其实,我觉得我收获很大,而且对自己所学到的东西我也感到自豪。
I've reached a level which is quite good...
我已经达到了一个很不错的水平...
and I hope it's good enough for the e

相关主题