搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 大学英语2课后翻译精编

大学英语2课后翻译精编

大学英语2课后翻译精编
大学英语2课后翻译精编

大学英语2课后翻译精编

翻译

Unit 1

1) The rumor about his divorce is just a ploy to gain publicity for his new film.

离婚的传言不过是为他的新电影炒作的手段而已。

2) He took a gamble on starting a factory with all the money his parents had left him.

他孤注一掷,用父母留给他的所有钱来开一家工厂。

3) After winning the important game they hoisted their captain to their shoulders in shouting triumph.

赢得那场重要的比赛之后,他们把队长抬到肩膀上,欢呼着胜利。

4) In the rush to go for globalization, we should watch out for collision of cultures.

在全球化热潮中,我们要提防不同文化的冲突。

5) In the circumstances it was not surprising that there was trouble.

在这种情况下,出现麻烦是不足为奇的。

6) The baby is the very picture of health.

这婴儿非常健康。

7) People have realized the dangers of exposing children to violence and sex on TV.

人们已经意识到儿童接触有关暴力和色情电视节目的危害。

8) We always had in mind for whom we were making the film.

我们始终考虑到我们是在为谁制作这部电影。

Unit 2

1) Only those who have lived through a similar experience can fully appreciate this. / The only people who can fully appreciate this are those who have lived through a similar experience.

只有那些有过类似经历的人,才能够完全理解这一点。

2) Scientists have been hard pressed to figure out how these particles form/ are formed and interact (with one another).

科学家们一直没弄明白这些粒子是怎么形成、又是如何相互作用的。

3) Those who have got the hang of Rubik’s Cube (Magic Cube) can ret urn each face to consisting of one colour in no time.

那些掌握了魔方窍门的人能在很短时间内把每一面都恢复成单一颜色。

4) The individual success of the employees in a team environment results in success for the company.

团队环境中员工个人的成功能带来公司的成功。

5) The war, although successful in military terms, left the economy almost in ruins.

这场战争,虽说从军事角度而言是成功的,却令经济几乎崩溃。

6) He decided to channel his energies into something useful, instead of sitting in front of the TV set all day long.

她决定把自己的精力用在有益的事上,而不是整天守在电视机前。

7) There’s a difference betwee n strength and courage. It takes strength to survive. It takes courage to live.

力量与勇气是有区别的。生存需要力量,生活需要勇气。

8) She was by nature a very affectionate person, always ready to give

a helping hand to others.

她天生就是个非常温柔亲切的人,总是乐于向别人伸出援助之手。

Unit 3

1) Rumour has it that his new book is based on a true story about

a family in a small Tennessee town.

听说他的新书是根据发生在田纳西州的一个小镇上一家人的真事写的。

2)He teaches in a middle school, but he does some translation work on the side to bring in extra cash / money.

他在中学教书,但也兼职做些翻译来赚取外快。

3)It’s good to be confident (about yourself), but there’s a difference between (self-) confidence and conceit.

自信是件好事,但自信与自负是有区别的。

4)Only those who stick it out can achieve success. Those who give up halfway will never realize their dreams.

只有坚持到底的人才会成功。半途而废的人永远也无法实现梦想。

5)A true hero possesses / has courage, a noble purpose and a willingness to make sacrifices.

一个真正的英雄有勇气,有高尚的目标,而且乐于助人。

6)Anyone who picks up this novel and reads the first paragraph will be hard pressed to put it down.

任何人只要拿起这本小说读了第一段,就会发现很难把它放下来。

7)In a sense, life is like swimming; if you keep holding on to the sides of the pool, you (will) never learn.

从某种意义上说,生活就像游泳。如果你总是扶住池边,就永远也学不会。

8)The future of a nation depends in a large measure upon the quality of education and training.

一个民族的前途在很大程度上取决于其教育与培训的质量。

Unit 4

1) I just can’t figure her out, she’s a mystery to me.

我简直摸不透她,她对我就是个谜。

2) He travelled from one village to another, dropping in on families and listening to their complaints and problems.

他从一个村子来到另一个村子,走家串户,听他们诉苦。

3) Jim always sides with John in an argument.

在辩论中吉姆总是站在约翰一边。

4) Then it dawned on me that they were speaking Spanish.

这时我突然明白过来,他们说的是西班牙语。

5) They have to live with the consequences of their wrong decision.

他们不得不承受他们的错误决定所带来的后果。

6) His words were drowned out by loud cheers from the crowd.

他的话被群众的欢呼声所淹没。

7) I looked at the printed page but the words made no sense.

我看着印满字的书页,但不知上面写些什么。

8) We must awaken people to the need to protect our environment.

我们必须使人们意识到保护环境的必要性。

Unit 5

1) Such a sight always moves me and sets me thinking.

这种情景总是令我感动,让我深思。

2)Stop blaming her-----you’d have done the same thing under similar circumstances.

别怪她了,在类似的情况下,你自己也会这么做的。

3) We should be grateful for what we have instead of taking everything for granted.

我们应当为自己所拥有的一切而心存感激,而不是对任何事情都漫不经心。

4) He may promise to change, but it’s the same old story of saying one thing and doing another.

他也许会答应改变,但无非又是说一套做一套罢了。

5) I racked my brains about how to break the terrible news to him.

我苦苦思索该怎样把这个可怕的消息告诉他。

6) It will be impossible for me to repay my parents for everything they have done for me.

我将永远无法报答父母为我所做的一切。

7)For now, it remains to me to thank you once more for joining us

and wish you good luck in your work.

且让我再次感谢大家的参与,祝你们工作顺利。

8) I said right from the beginning that he would cause us troubles.

我一开始就说过,他会给我们惹麻烦的。

Unit 6

1) We’ve worked together for a long time and have never let our differing opinions get in the way of our friendship.

我们在一起工作已经很长时间了,从来没有因为意见分歧妨碍到我们之间的友谊。

2) This agreement will pave the way for a lasting peace between the two countries.

这项协议将为两国间的持久和平铺平道路。

3) They usually don’t mention their requirements until you are beginning to let your defenses down.

他们通常要等你开始放松警惕,才提出他们的要求。

4) You should have the courage to face your own mistakes. Don’t try to sh ift the blame onto others when things go wrong. / … Don’t try to shift the blame onto other shoulders when things go wrong.

要有勇气面对自己的失误,不要出了问题就想把责任推到别人身上去。

5) If you are more often than not affected by fear and worry, you will find this book very useful.

如果你经常担惊受怕,你会发现这本书很有帮助。

6) Now that I have accepted the position, I shall certainly do to the best of my ability all that is required of me.

我既然接受了这个职位,就会尽自己所能完成本职工作。

7) If you don’t have a plan of what you will do every day, chances are high that you w on’t do much.

如果你每天要做的事情没有计划,你就很可能做不了多少事。

8) Great minds think alike. Your ideas are completely in line with his.

真是英雄所见略同啊。你的想法跟他的完全一样。

Unit 7

1) It is true that no one is perfect, but we can always do better.

诚然,没有人是完美的,但我们总是可以做得更好。

2) Mozart is often referred to as one of the greatest musicians of all time.

莫扎特常被称为有史以来最伟大的音乐家之一。

3) Adversity comes to every one, but the quality of your life may depend in a large measure on how you tap into resources available to handle that adversity.

人人都会遇到逆境,但你的生活质量在很大程度上取决于你如何利用可用资源去应对逆境。

4) When writing, you can draw on your personal experience for examples to help explain your ideas.

写作时,你可以利用亲身经历举例来解释自己的观点。

5) Christmas is a little warmth in the depth of winter and a bright light in the dark.

圣诞节是严冬中的一丝温暖,黑暗里的一盏灯。

6) Sometimes we do get less when we go for more.

有时,当我们试图得到更多时,收获却越少。

7) It will only make your life worse if you refuse to forgive those who have done you wrong and be determined to repay them in kind.

如果你不愿意原谅那些伤害过你的人,一心想要以其人之道还治其人之身,只会令你的生活更糟糕。

8) Many farmers claim that the vicious weather this summer has driven them to despair.

许多农场主声称今夏的恶劣天气使他们绝望了。

Unit 8

1) The riots threatened to get out of hand.

暴乱有可能失控。

2) He gave me a look of the sort usually reserved for naughty school children.

他用那种通常专对淘气学童的眼光看了我一眼。

3) A large number of scientists are campaigning on our behalf.

许多科学家正在代表我们奔走游说。

4) I have never laid claim to being an expert in this field.

我从不认为自己是这个领域的专家。

5) It is not enough to act in good faith. We also need to act reasonably.

做事只有好心是不够的,还要理智行事。

6) You may score good marks by burning the midnight oil before the exams, but in the long run you have to study hard every day to achieve academic excellence.

考试前开夜车,你也许能考个好分数,但长远看,平时用功才能真正取得学业成功。

7) Don’t stare a t the computer screen for too long. Raise your eyes once in a while and look into the distance.

不要长时间盯着电脑屏幕,每过一阵就要抬眼看看远处。

8) It’s to your advantage to learn from the mistakes of others.

从别人犯的错误中吸取教训是很有益处的。

新视野大学英语(第2册)课本翻译答案

新视野大学英语读写教程第二版第二册(1-10单元)翻译 Unit 1 1. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。(much less) She wouldn’t take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner. 2. 他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。(whereas) He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth. 3. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释?(account for) How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 4. 他们利润增长的部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。(due to) The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。(result in) Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 6. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。(pour into) We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. Unit 2 1. 尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。(despite) Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 2. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。(nor) Mike didn’t come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 3. 坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。(next to;by no means) The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer. 4. 他对足球不敢兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。(be indifferent to) He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses. 5. 经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。(count on) The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence. 6. 这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。(in the presence of sb.) This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience. Unit 3 1.你再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。(never too…to…)

大学英语2翻译原文及答案

Unit1 1.背离传统需要极大的勇气 1) It takes an enormous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. 2.汤姆过去很腼腆,但这次却非常勇敢能在大庭广众面前上台表演了。 2) Tom used to be very shy, but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. 3.很多教育家认为从小培养孩子的创新精神是很可取的。 3) Many educators think it desirable to foster the creative spirit in the child at an early age. 4.假设那幅画确实是名作,你觉得值得购买吗? 4) Assuming (that) this painting really is a masterpiece, do you think it’s worthwhile to buy/purchase it? 5.如果这些数据统计上市站得住脚的,那它将会帮助我们认识正在调查的问题。 5) If the data is statistically valid, it will throw light on the problem we are investigating. Unit2 1.该公司否认其捐款有商业目的。 1) The company denied that its donations had a commercial purpose.

大学英语精读第一册课后翻译1-8单元

1) 史密斯太太对我抱怨说,她经常发现与自己十六岁的女儿简直无法沟通。 Mrs. Smith complained to me that she often found it simply impossible to communicate with her 16-year-old daughter. 2) 我坚信,阅读简写的 (simplified) 英文小说是扩大我们词汇量的一种轻松愉快的方法。 I firmly believe that reading simplified English novels is an easy and enjoyable way of enlarging our vocabulary. 3) 我认为我们在保护环境不受污染 (pollution) 方面还做得不够。 I don’t think we’re doing enough to protect our environment from pollution. 4) 除了每周写作文外,我们的英语老师还给我们布置了八本书在暑假里阅读。 In addition to/Apart from writing compositions on a weekly basis, our English teacher assigned us eight books to read during the summer vacation. 5) 我们从可靠的消息来源获悉下学期一位以英语为母语的人将要教我们英语口语。 We’ve learned from reliable sources that a native English speaker is going to teach us spoken English next term/semester. 6) 经常看英语电影不仅会提高你的听力,而且还会帮助你培养说的技能。 Seeing English movies on a regular basis will not only improve your ear, but will also help you build your speaking skills. 7) 如果你们对这些学习策略有什么问题,请随便问我。我将更详细地进行讲解。 If you have any questions about these learning strategies, please feel free to ask me. And I’ll explain them in greater detail. 8) 那个加拿大女孩善于抓住每个机会讲汉语。这就是她为什么三年不到就熟练地掌握了汉语口语的原因。 The Canadian girl is good at seizing every opportunity to speak Chinese. That’s why she has gained a good command of spoken Chinese in less than three years.

大学英语2课后翻译

1.儿童有成人陪同便可在这里游泳。 Children may swim here provided that they are accompanied by adults. 2.这位美国记者因其关于中国的言论而大出洋相,因为他对三十年来中国发生的 一切真的是孤陋寡闻了。 This American journalist made a fool of himself over his remarks a bout China, because he’s been out of touch with what’s been happening in the country in the past three decades. 3. 任何人,不论家庭出身、性别和年龄,都有受教育的权利。 Every person has the right to education, regardless of his or her family background, sex, and age. 4. 因特网的发明尽管造成了一些问题,但是却极大地方便了我们生活中几乎所 有方面,包括教育、医疗和贸易等。] The invention of the Internet, despite the fact that it has given rise to some problems, has greatly facilitated almost every aspect of our life, including education, medicine, and business. 5.您计划出国度假的时候,造成不要忽视购买旅行保险;否则万一发生什么意外, 您也许会有很大的麻烦。 Never overlook your travel insurance when you are planning to spend your holiday abroad; otherwise you might find yourself in great trouble if any accident should occur. 6. 在那部电影里,那个亿万富翁面临着两难选择——和妻子离婚,让她分走他半个金融帝国,或者冒着被警方发现的危险把她谋杀掉。 In the movie that billionaire was faced with a dilemma —either divorces his wife, who would then carve out half of his financial empire, or murders her at the risk of being found out by the police. 7. 由于丈夫在金融危机中丢掉了饭碗,这对新婚夫妇不得不在许多方面节省开支,包括家具、衣服、唱片、书籍、等等。 As the husband lost his job in the financial crisis, the new couple had to cut down on a lot of things---furniture, clothes, records, books, and so on. 8. 三十多年前,文革刚刚结束,邓小平告诉全国人民:中国唯一的出路就是改革开放。 Over thirty years ago, right after the Cultural Revolution, Deng Xiaoping told the people that the only way out lay in reform and opening up to the outside world。 1、这位电影比大多数人更愿意帮助残疾人,因为他自己十年前曾中过风。 1. This film actor is more inclined than most other people to help the handicapped because he himself suffered a stroke ten years ago. 2、这位老人虽然身患风湿病,但还是坚持每天跑步、爬山。

大学英语精读 第二册第一、二课 课文翻译

Unit1 The Dinner Party 关于男人是否比女人更勇敢的一场激烈争论以一种颇为出人意料的方式解决了 The dinner party 晚宴 1. I first heard this tale in India, where is told as if true—though any naturalist would know it couldn’t be. Later someone told me that the story appeared in a magazine shortly before the First World War. That magazine story, and the person who wrote it, I have never been able to track down. 我最初听到这个故事是在印度,那儿的人们今天讲起它来仍好像确有其事似的——尽管任何一位博物学家都知道这不可能是真的。后来有人告诉我,在第一次世界大战之前不久,一家杂志曾刊登过这个故事。但登在杂志上的那篇故事以及写那篇故事的人,我却一直未能找到。 2.The country is India.A colonial official and his wife are giving a large dinner party. They are seated with their guests—officers and their wives, and a visiting American naturalist—in their spacious dining room, which has a bare marble floor, open rafters and wide glass doors opening onto a veranda. 故事发生在印度。某殖民地官员和他的夫人正举行盛大的晚宴。筵席设在他们家宽敞的餐室里,室内大理石地板上没有铺地毯;屋顶明椽裸露;宽大的玻璃门外便是走廊。跟他们一起就坐的客人有军官和他们的夫人,另外还有一位来访的美国博物学家。 3. A spirited discussion springs up between a young girl who says that women have outgrown the jumping-on-a-chair-at-the-sight-of-a-mouse era and a major who says that they haven't. 席间,一位年轻的女士同一位少校展开了热烈的讨论。年轻的女士认为,妇女已经有所进步,不再像过去那样一见到老鼠就吓得跳到椅子上;少校则不以为然。 4. "A woman's reaction in any crisis, "the major says, "is to scream. And while a man may feel like it, he has that ounce more of control than a woman has. And that last ounce is what really counts." 他说:“一遇到危急情况,女人的反应便是尖叫。而男人虽然也可能想叫,但比起女人来,自制力却略胜一筹。这多出来的一点自制力正是真正起作用的东西。” 5. The American does not join in the argument but watches the other guests. As he looks, he sees a strange expression come over the face of the hostess. She is straight ahead, her muscles contracting slightly. She motions to the native boy standing behind her chair and whispers something to him. The boy's eyes widen:he quickly leaves the room. 那个美国人没有参加这场争论,他只是注视着在座的其他客人。在他这样观察时,他发现女主人的脸上显出一种奇异的表情。她两眼盯着正前方,脸部肌肉在微微抽搐。她向站在座椅后面的印度男仆做了个手势,对他耳语了几句。男仆两眼睁得大大的,迅速地离开了餐室。 6. Of the guests, none except the American notices this or sees the boy place a bowl of milk on the veranda just outside the open doors. 在座的客人中除了那位美国人以外谁也没注意到这一幕,也没有看到那个男仆把一碗牛奶放在紧靠门边的走廊上。 7. The American comes to with a start. In India, milk in a bowl means only one thing—bait for a snake. He realizes there must be a cobra in the room. He looks up at the rafters—the likeliest place—but they are bare. Three corners of the room are empty, and in the fourth the servants are

全新版大学英语2课后翻译汇总

Unit1 1 背离传统需要极大的勇气It takes a n enorm ous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. 2 汤姆过去很腼腆,但这次却非常勇敢能在大庭广众面前上台表演了2) T om used to be very shy, but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. 3 很多教育家认为从小培养孩子的创新精神是很可取的3) Ma ny educator s think it desira ble to foster the creative spirit in the child at an early age. 4 假设那幅画确实是名作,你觉得值得购买么4) A ssuming (that) this painting really is a masterpiece, do y ou think it’s w orthw hile to buy/pur cha se it? 5 如果这些数据统计上是站得住脚的,那他将会帮助我们认识正在调查的问题5) If the data is stati stically valid, it will throw light on the pr oblem we are investigati ng. Unit2 1该公司否认其捐款有商业目的1) T he com pany denied that its donations had a commercial pur pose. 2每当他生气时,他说话就有一些结巴2) Whenever he was a ngry, he would begin to stammer slightly. 3教育是我们家庭最看重的传统,这就是为什么我父母不带我到昂贵的饭店吃饭,却送我到最好的私立学校上学3) Educati on is the most cherished tradition in our family. That’s w hy my parents never took me to dinner at expensive restaurants, but sent me to the best private school. 4 手术康复后不久,他失业了,因此经历了人生又一个困难阶段4) S hortly after he recovered fr om the surgery, he lost his job and thus had to go through another difficult pha se of his life. 5与我们的富裕邻居相比,我们的父母就相当穷了,但他们总是努力满足我们最起码的需求5) In contrast to our affluent neighbors, m y parents are rather poor, but they have always tried har d to meet our minimal needs. Unit3 1科学家们找到火星上有水的证据了吗1) Have scienti sts found proof of water on Mar s? 2 计划委员会已经将建核电厂的可能地点缩小到了两个沿海城镇2) The pla nning committee has narrowed down the possible locations for the nuclear power plant to tw o coa stal towns. 3山姆不仅失去了工作,而且还失去了双腿,他只好靠社会救济度过余生3) Sam not only lost his j ob but also both legs; he ha d to live on welfare for the rest of his life. 4由十二人组成的陪审团一致表决认为玛丽有罪4) A jury consisting of 12 mem bers voted in unison that Mary wa s guilty. 5听到有人质疑他的才能,肖恩觉得收到了奇耻大辱5) Sean felt humiliated ti hear his talent being que stioned. Unit4 1研究表明,笑能带来许多健康上的好处1) Re search shows that laughter can bring a lot of health be nefits. 2互联网连接速度慢真让人心烦2) A slow I nternet connecting speed is really annoying. 3法律规定,帮助他人自杀是犯罪3) As the law sta nds, helping someone commit suicide is a crime. 4 玛丽在她的报告中试图从一个完全不同的角度来解释这些数据4) 4)In her report, Mary trie s to interpret the data from a completely different angle. 5 苏是一个很有天分的女孩,他那惊人的记忆力使她在同班同学中显得格外突出5) Sue is a girl of great talent. Her amazing memory sets her apart from her classmates. Unit5 1是工人和主管人员的创造力和敬业精神将这个公司变成了一个盈利的企业1) It is the creativity and dedicati on of the worker s and executive s that turned the com pany into a pr ofita ble busine ss. 2食品和医药的价格在过去的三个月里急剧增长2) The price s of food and me dicine have soared in the pa st three months. 3我们打算重新粉刷这栋办公大楼的上面几层3) We plan to repaint the upper floors of he office building. 4 他的成功表面流行与艺术价值有时候是一致的4) His succe ss shows that popularity and artisti c merit sometimes coincide. 5我不愿意看见我所敬爱的祖母躺在医院床上痛苦的呻吟 5) I don’t want to see my beloved gra ndmother lying in a hospital bed a nd gr oaning painfully. Unit6 1他这人话不多,但要说玩电脑那他就太机灵了,同学们都不是他的对手 1) He is a man of few words, but when it come s to playing a computer games, he is far too clever for his classmates. 2 无知的孩子们可能认为这些动物很可爱并开始跟他们玩起来2) Children who don’t know any better may think the se animals are pretty cute and start playing with them. 3没有办法获得贷款,所以,要购买新设备,我只得咬紧牙关,卖掉我的混合型动力汽车3) There is no way to obtain a loan,so to buy the new equipment, I will just have to grit my teeth and sell my hybrid car. 4 如果猎人没有看到一群象朝他的营地走来,他就不会开枪 4) The hunter would not ha ve fired the shots if he hadn’t seen a herd of elephants coming towards his campsite. 5我觉得具有讽刺意味的是汤姆的记忆是有选择的,他好像不记得过去痛苦的经历特别是那些有他自己制造的痛苦经历5) I find it ironic that T om has a selective memory --- he does not seem to remember painful experiences in the past, particularly those of his own doing.

新视野大学英语1课后翻译答案

新视野大学英语1课后翻译答案 1.对于网络课程,学生不仅可以选择何时何地学习,在回答问题之前他们还可以有时间思考答案。 Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making a reply. 2.网上学习的想法使她非常兴奋,而他认为网上学习毫无意义和用处。 She is excited by the idea of online learning while be considers it meaningless and useless. 3.与以英语为母语的人交谈是非常有益的体验,从中我们可以学到很多的东西。Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot. 4.如今,越来越多的人可以利用互联网查找他们需要的信息。 Today, more and more people have access to the Internet through which they look for the information they need. 5.他要放弃工作在家照顾孩子,但是她觉得这个要求太过分了。 He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is too much for her. 6.既然我们已经学完这门课程,就应该多做些复习。 Now that we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.

全新版大学英语综合教程第二册英文翻译中文

1单元 1.Appalled by what their children spend on candy and video games(or, rather, appalled by the degree to which their children’s overspending seems to mimic their own), parents devise ways to lock up their children’s resources. 孩子们在糖果、电子游戏上的花费之大令家长们十分震惊(或者更确切地说,孩子们的超支行为似乎是在竭力仿效父母,这令家长们十分震惊),于是家长便设法把孩子们的钱存起来不让他们用。 2、Compounded, that works out to an annual rate of more than 70 cent 以复利计算,年息达到 70%以上。 3、 give them unlimited access to their funds, no questions asked, and I provide printed statements I on demand. 他们使用自己的资金我不加任何限制,不做任何询问,我还根据要求随时提供打印的账单。 4、The only way to teach kids to adopt a lo-term perspective is to give them a short-term incentive for doing so. 教育孩子们看问题要有长远目光的唯一途径,是让孩子们近期内便能尝到某种甜头,从而激励他们去那样做。 2单元 1.Only in america can a billionaire carry on like plain folks and get away with it. 只有在美国,一个亿万富翁才能像普通百姓一样,安稳地过着普普通通的日子。 2.By all accounts,he's friendly, cheerful,a fine nerghbor who does his best to blend in,never flashy,never throwing his weight around. 人人都说他为人友善,性情开朗,是个好邻居;他尽力与人们融洽相处,从不炫耀,也从不盛气凌人。 3.But one recent morning, The Richest Man in America did something that would have made headlines anywhere in the world: He forgot his money.但最近的一个早晨,美国最富有的人做的事情会有头条任何地方在世界:他忘了他的钱。 4.But just how long walton can hold firm to his folksy habits with celebrity hunters keeping following him wherever he goes is anyone’s guess. 然而,沃尔顿所到之处名人追星族紧跟不舍,他的平民习惯能保持多久,就很难说了。3单元 1.“I made some comment about him, I don’t remember exactly what, but I got the typical teenager guttural sigh and Katie rolled her eyes at me as if to say, ‘Oh Dad, you are so out of it.’” “我做了一些关于他的评论,我不记得什么,但我得到了典型的少年的喉 音叹息和凯蒂推出了她的眼睛,我仿佛在说,'哦,爸爸,你是如此的出 它。” 2.As telephones became ubiquitous inthe last century, users— adults and teenagers alike—found a form of privacy and easy communication unknown to Alexander Graham Bell or his daughters. 上个世纪电话到处普及的时候,电话使用人——打人孩子都一样——发现 了一种私密空间和简便的交流方式,这是亚历山大格兰姆贝尔和他的女 儿们始料未及的 3.Baby boomers who warned decades ago that their out-of-touch parents couldn’t be trusted now sometimes find themselves raising children who—thanks to the Internet and the cellphone—consider Mom and Dad to be clueless,too. 婴儿潮重诞生的人几十年前曾警告说, 他们的父母脱离现实,不能信任。现在他们自己也有了孩子,这些孩子 由于互联网和手机的缘故,也认为爸妈一无所知。” 4.I could have them in the same room texting, or I wouldn’t let them text and they would leave,”says Mr.Pence of his children. “They are good kids, but you want to know what they are up to. “我要么让他们呆在同一间屋里发短信,要么不让他们发短信而他们就走 开。”潘斯先生这样说他的孩子们。“他们是孩子,但是父母还是想知道 他们在干些啥。”研究表明,笑能够带来许多健康上的好处。 4单元 1.It is the sound of the only lasting disagreement in a household that is otherwise peaceful. 这是一个原本安宁的家庭中 唯一持续不去的不和谐音。 2.It leads to intimacy before acquaintance; it scatters secrets outwards, not inwards; and, most worrying of all, it is a vehicle for liars. 它使人们还未相识就已接近;它不能保守秘密反而扩散秘密; 而最令人担心的是,它是撒谎人传播谎言的工具 3.I said, trying to be reasonable but altogether succeeding, that in and among the thing they “tell”each other on the tap-tap, a tendency to murder might just have been overlooked, might it not? 我说,他们啪嗒啪嗒“讲给”互相听的事情中,杀人的倾 向或许就被这忽略了,难道这不可能吗?我说这话时尽量想做到通情达 理,但不完全成功。 4.Needless to say, it is a new version of the old tale of innocents calling forth evil forces they cannot control, this time in the form of a visitor with the ever-handy axe packed in his luggage. 不用说,这又是一些无辜的人引出了邪恶的力量却又不能控制 的老故事的翻版,这一次的邪恶力量是以一位来客的面貌出现,但行囊 中却藏着斧头,随时可以拿出来杀人。 5单元 I felt that if the day arrived when I was unable to lift one foot up one step and then drag the other painfully after it---repeating the process 14 times until,utterly spent,I would be through---I could then admit defeat and lie down and die. 我觉得如果有一天我无法再抬起一只脚迈上一个台阶,再痛苦地拖起另一 只脚——将这个过程重复14 遍,直到精疲力竭爬上去——到那时候我 就会服输并躺下死去。I believed that in this whole world I alone had been chosen to suffer. 我认为在这整个世界里,就我一个人被选 中去受苦受难。In the next few forzen seconds the shame and horror of that moment penetrated,and I was sick with an intensity I had never felt before. 刹那间,时间凝固了,我感到万分 的羞愧和震惊。我从来没有这么难受过。I realized that I was filled to overflowing with self-pity,selfishness,and indifference to the needs of others. 我意识到我的自艾自怜、自私,以及对他人需求的冷 漠,已到了无可复加的地步。他这人话不多,但要说玩电脑那他就太机 灵了,同学们都不是他的对手。 6单元 1.The thought of answering other people’s telephones,typing other people’s work and watching other people take credit for my ideas and opinions would throw me into week-long bouts of depression. 每当我想起给别人回电话、打字,看到我出的主意和见解 却让别人去受益时,常常整个星期都会闷闷不乐。 2.How long could I live like this?Certainly not until I retired. 这 样的生活我能维持多久?肯定不会到我退休之时。 3.I steeled myself to travel the road that would lesd me to a better understanding of who I was and of what I wanted out of life. 我坚定地走下去,这条路将使我更好地了解自己,更好地认清自己 生活的目的。 4.And it’s not so much the results of the action that have reshaped me(although that’s important,too)as it is the realization that I have within myself what it takes to do what I set out to do. 此外,给我带来新的生活的,与其说是自己努力取得的 结果(虽然这也很重要),不如说是由于意识到自己具有潜在的能力可以 做自己想做的事。自从新政策生效之后,很多小企业在这个城市涌现出 来。 7单元 1.It is unparalleled in several ways: by the increasing number of users of the language; by its depth of penetration into societies; by its range of functions. 这一过程在几个方面都有前所 未有的:英语使用人数的增加,英语在不同社会渗透的深度,以及英语功 用的广度。 2.What began some 1,500 years ago as a crude language, originally spoken by little known German tribes who invaded England, now covers the globe. 大约1500 年前,英语还只是那些 入侵英格兰的鲜为人知的日耳曼部落使用的一种粗俗的语言,如今它却遍 及全球。 3.With this technical and scientific dominance came the beginning of overall dominance by the language, first in Europe and then globally. 随着它在科技领域主导地位的确立,英语先是在欧 洲,继而在全球开始取得全面的主导地位。 4.While languages such as English, German, and French have been international languages because of their governments' political power, this is less likely to be the case in the 21st century where economics and shifts in population will have more influence on languages. 虽然英语、德语和法语这些语言曾经 凭着各自政府的政治力量而成为国际语言,这种情况在经济和人口变化 对语言的影响更大的21 世纪不太可能发生。 请浏览后下载,资料供参考,期待您的好评与关注!

相关主题