1. The plant does not grow well in soils other than the one in which it has been developed.
2. Research findings show that we spend about two hours dreaming every night, no matter what we may have done during the day.
3.Some people tend to justify their failure by blaming others for not trying their best.
4.We remain tree to our commitment: Whatever we promised to do; we would do it.
5.Even Beethoven's father discounted the possibility that his son would one day become the greatest musician in the world. The same is true of Edison, who seemed to his teacher to be quite dull.
6．They were accused by authorities of threatening the state security. unit3
1.Seven or eight officials are reported to have taken bribes and the mayor has decided to look into the affair in person.
2. These workers regret yielding to the management's advice and going back to work.Now they are again faced with the threat of losing their jobs.
3. You only need to fill out a form to get your membership, which entitles you to a discount on goods.
4. Their car broke down halfway for no reason. As a result they arrived three hours later than they had planned.
5. The official got involved in a scandal and was forced to resign weeks later.
6. The man living on welfare began to build up his own market, one step at a time and his business is thriving.
1. Rather than invest in my education, my parents spent their money on a new house.
2. Today, people are spending twice as much on entertainment and relaxation as they did in the past.
3. In order to be successful, a business must keep pace with developments in the marketplace.
4.与申请这个职位的其他女孩相比，她流利的英语是个优势。4. Her fluency in English gave her an advantage over other girls for the job.
5. For students, nowhere is better than the library, where all the books are at their disposal.
6. We should make full use of the platform to strengthen communication, expand cooperation in more areas and seek further development through joint efforts.
1. Suppose you found out that your colleague takes bribes, would you just ignore it?
2. We've given up on him because he is so stubborn. It is pointless to argue with him.
3. He hit upon a good method to speed up the progress of the experiment, but opinions differed among members of the group on it.
4.今天我能够是自己的职业与兴趣相符，之前我是做不到的。4. Today I'm able to square my profession with my interest, which I
wasn't able to do before.
5. The ability to visually distinguish between red and green is essential to becoming a driver.
6. The team consisted of seven people who met on a regular basis to share their information with each other.
1. In the process of creating the genetic map, these scientists realized that cooperation was more than an attractive option; it was a responsibility.
2. Their research findings were nothing less than a miracle. As a result of their findings, new light has been shed on the history of human genes.
3. In fact, only hard work in combination with proper methods will
give you an advantage over others.
4. The judge said the punishment would serve as a warning to others.
5. The risk of infection is confined to those who have close contact with the patients.
6. From such an analysis we are in a better position to understand what has happened and what to do about it.
1. 无论你的智商有多高，你的看法都受到个人经历的局限，因此要学会吸纳他人有用的观点。(no matter...)
1.No matter how high your IQ is, your view is limited by the experience you have had and so you should learn to incorporate the useful perspectives of others.
2. 这个游戏非常有趣，他们谁也没有注意到时间的流逝。(Use inverted order of "so... that...";take note of)
2.So interesting was the game that none of them took note of the passage of time.
3. I've been sorting through these old documents to see which
are useful and which can be thrown away.
4. 随着年龄越来越大，你应该考虑未来的计划。(reflect on)
4. As you get older you should reflect on future plans.
5. 他在演出中的亮相简直是个轰动。(nothing less than)
5.His appearance in the show was nothing less than a sensation.
6.Every month they set aside a particular amount of money from their salary for the sake of their kid's education in the future.