1、After a hectic week treating patients with sore throats and ear infections at his family practice, the 52-year-old physician was ready for a night of home cooking and fellowship at his church’s annual fund-raising dinner.
2、They’d simply heard about the good food and were willing to pay $10 to heap their plates and help pay for the church’s new community center.
3、He was relieved to see that his wife had found a clean paring knife.
4、Fortunately, her family never went anywhere without an emergency kit containing a manual resuscitator bag, just in case Shaun had trouble breathing.
5、We are so thankful that in this age of lawsuits, Dr. Boll was willing to put himself on the line.
1、It was already eight o’clock and Sylvia wondered if her gra ndmother would be angry with her for being so late.
2、The child hurried the cow through the dark forest, toward her grandmother’s home.
3. She felt her heart tremble every time he shot an unsuspecting bird as it was singing in
4. The white heron smoothed its feathers and called to its mate, sitting on their nest in a nearby tree.
5. Many a night Sylvia heard the echo of his whistle haunting the forest.
John Halligan, the father of the boy who killed himself after being harassed online, continues to lobby for cyber-bullying legislation that specifically targets children. He also tal ks to school groups and runs a website recounting the events that led to his son’s death. “It won’t bring Ryan back,” he says. “But it is helping a lot of Ryans out there that are still alive and don’t know where to turn.”
1. He is ever seen hurrying along in the gloom of night, looking for his lost head.
2. He always won the horse races in Tarry Town and earned many prizes. Brom was never seen without a horse.
3. Such was the enemy Ichabod had to defeat for Katrina’s heart.
4. Gone were his clothes and his skin. All that was left was a man with white bones shining in the moonlight.
5. There, in the dark woods on the side of the river where the bushes grew low, stood an ugly thing.
6. He rained a shower of kicks and blows upon his horse, hoping by a sudden movement to give his companion the slip; but the spectre started full jump with him.
1. In the creation of the universe, everything was compressed into an infinitesimally small point in which all physical laws that we know of do not apply.
2. There must have been some point in time when the universe was half its current size. 在某个时间点上，宇宙肯定只有现在的一半大。
3. The Big Bang is the leading theory that almost all astrophysicists believe explains the origin of the universe.
4. As something becomes compressed, as matter was when the universe was young, it becomes hot.
5. Once the universe had reached 300,000 years old, atoms could form, and electrons were now bound to a nucleus.
1、One sunny afternoon, a few weeks later, Carter Druse lay at full length upon his stomach.
2、That was why Carter Druse had been sent to the road to make sure that no enemy
soldier spied on the valley, where the Union Army was hiding.
3、Suddenly, as if a messenger of fate came to touch him on the shoulder, the young man opened his eyes.
4、The rider sat straight, a strong clutch upon the reins to hold his charger from too impetuous a plunge.
5、Why are you making this into a mystery? I order you to report. Was there anyone on the horse?