Key to Exercises of College English Book 2
1.1) insert 2) on occasion 3) investigate 4) In
retrospect 5) initial 6) phenomena
7) attached 8) make up for 9) is awaiting 10) not…in the least 11) promote 12) emerged
2. 1) There is a striking contrast between the standards of
living in the north of the country and the south.
2) Natural fiber is said to be superior to synthetic fiber.
3) The city’s importance as a financial center has
4) His nationality is not relevant to whether he is a
5) The poems by a little-known sixteenth-century
Italian poet have found their way into some
3. 1) be picked up, can’t accomplish, am exaggerating