1)the judge asked the reporters not to disclose the name of the victim.
2)The teacher took pains to make sure that we all understood what he said. 老师费尽苦心务使我们全都理解他说的话。
3)Recently the school conducted a survey among those students who have attained academic excellence.
4)He said he would accept the job,so we have asked him to confirm his acceptance by writing us a letter.
5)George studies very hard. He wants to make the most of his chance to learn. 乔治学习很努力，他要尽量利用学习的机会。
6)We can’t go. To begin with, it’s too cold. Beside, we’re busy.
7)It’s about time that someone spoke up for these basic truths/facts.
8)You should be working instead of lying there in bed at this time of the day. 此时此刻你应该工作而不该在床上躺着。
9)I’ll jot down some notes while he’s speaking.
10)I can’t carry the suitcase on my own;it’s too heavy.
1)The baby can’t even crawl yet, let alone walk!
2)Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder, but in my opinion he told a lie.
3)To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills;and
with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better.
4)Can you take a look at the engine to see what’s wrong?
5)Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 有些人想当然地认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有相对应的词语。
6)We have passed all relevant information on to the police.
7)There is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer.
8.It was a mistake on Jim’s part to si gn the contract without ready it carefully. 事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错误。
9)They refused to provide us with all the information we need.
10)This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。
11)The film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。
12.If you have a good command of English and computer skills,you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job
1)We are good friends, however, he kept such an important matter from me, which took me by surprise.
2)At the commencement, she felt a lump in her throat but fought back her tears.
3)Tom chatted with me last night. He told me that his disease had been brought under control, and there was no need for surgery.
4)Her parents were worried sick when they knew that she had run off the highway. 听说她的车驶离了公路，她的父母担心的要命。
5)She looks very worried; I wonder wha t’s on her mind.
6) He is a shy and silent boy. Before he went onto the stage to share his experiences, he sat quietly in a corner of the auditorium, gathering his thoughts 他是个害羞和安静的男孩，在走上讲台叙述自己的经历之前，他悄悄地坐在礼堂的一角整理者思绪。
7.After several years of working in a band, he has now gone back to being a solo musician, so his career has come full circle.
8.To his relief his son has turned into a capable businessman.
1) Many teachers frowned on this practice
2) An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the lawn.
3) When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face. 当我提到我的父亲时，她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。
4) My older child was quite obedient, whereas my younger child was very stubborn.I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school.
5) Countries in South East Asia sustained great losses when the tsunami struck
6) Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother, the younger one will protest.
7) He found himself unable to fit in with his classmates when he first came to his school.
8) The fury on her face terrified me. I dared not say no to her again.
9) No wonder you ended up in trouble. You never followed your parent s’ advice. 怪不得你最后闯出祸来，原来你从来不听你父母的管教。
10) It took him two years to adapt to the new environment.
(1) William likes the girl a lot so he tries very hard to impress her and is optimistic that he will win her heart.
(2) He is very creative and has a good vision of the future ,but he likes to keep things to himself.
(3) They came from a poor village where people were shut off from modern civilization.
(4) We must work hard and make an effort to achieve the goals that we have set. 我们要努力工作，争取达到我们所定下的目标。
(5) We should learn to be content with all that we have and should not be too critical about things around us.
(6) They often represent our school in debating competitions; tonight we will throw a party to celebrate their success.
(7) Through reading, not only has he expanded his horizon, he has also learned to keep improving his character.
(8) Two policemen sacrificed their lives in order to save that girl from the fire. 为把那个女孩从火中救出，两名警察牺牲了他们的生命。
(9) A stable relationship without conflicts between husband and wife benefits the children in the family.
(10) Don＇t complain about your fate and make the best of your life.
1) 没有别的选择，你所能做的就是调整自身适应新环境。(alternative, adjust)
There’s no other alternative, all you can do is to adjust yourself to the new environment.
(contribute to, a sense of well-being)
For most people, wealth and fame does / do not contribute much to creating a sense of well-being.
3) 房子已经很长一段时间没有人住，家具上都有了一层厚厚的灰尘。(deserted, a layer of)
The house has been deserted for a long time and there is a thick layer of dust on the furniture.
4) 老师认为那男孩的行为并不是故意的，所以决定予以忽视，并给了他另一次机会。(deliberate, ignore)
The teacher did not think the boy’s act was deliberate, so he chose to ignore it and gave him another chance.
5) 正是那件事让我对他的看法彻底改变了。(incident，in a … light)
It was that incident that made me see him in a completely different light.
6) 报告指出火灾是由于他的玩忽职守造成的。(due to, neglect)
The report points out that the fire was due to his neglect of duty.
7) 在公众场合吐痰是不礼貌的。我要你停止这种行为。(spit, put a stop to) It is rude to spit in public. I want you to put a stop to such bad behavior.
8) 从根本上说，他的学习能力没有一点问题。问题的根源是他对语言学习没有兴趣。(basically, be at the root of)
Basically, there is nothing wrong with his learning ability. What is at the root of the problem is his lack of interest in language learning.
1) Straighten up! Your feet should keep time to the rhythm of the music.
2）If you are going to the movie this weekend, count me in. 如果周末你们要去看电影，把我也算上。
3) I had to go this without breakfast this morning as I was in a hurry.
4) They have made a request for more electricity supplies, which we should satisfy in order to release them from the pressure they are under.
5) They made the rounds with the wine bottle; each took a gulp and then they set out for the forest.
6) My TV set broke down and I immediately ordered a new one online and the shop is going to have it delivered to the door.
7）when he realized that would be no hope at all, the smile faded from his face. 当他意识到毫无希望时，微笑从脸上逐渐消失了。
8) we stared at him in disbelief, astonished that someone as gentle as he was could have interrupted us so rudely.
1这所学校关心学生的道德和社会责任的教育，多过于他们的学业成绩。This school is more concerned with the education of students’ morality and social responsibility than with their academic achievements.
in contrast to the educational mission of the technical school, which is to impart knowledge solely, the university’s educational mission is to generate knowledge.
In today’s society, a majority of people hunger for wealth, reputation, status and power.
Many people still find it difficult to give up smoking even though they know its harmful effects.
When students enter colleges or universities, one of the problems they need to grapple with is how to handle the relationship between freedom and responsibility.
These advertisements appeal particularly to those women who are thirty for a fair skin.
7许多老年人不喜欢摆弄电脑，因此有关人工智能的书籍往往让他们提不起兴趣Many elderly people are not interested in tinkering with computers, so books on artificial intelligence may very often turn them off.
We reached the inevitable conclusion that he stole the money.