搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 英语翻译2

英语翻译2

英语翻译2
英语翻译2

Unit1

1害羞会从感觉轻微的不适到高度的焦虑,影响我们我们所做的一切

Shyness can vary from feeling mild discomfort to high levels of anxiety that impact us in alm ost everything we do.

2尽管他很固执,他心里明白自己应该避免引起任何怀疑).

Despite his stubbornness, he knew in his heart that he should avoid arousing any suspicions 3(无论你说什么,都会被理解成批评,).

It will be interpreted as criticism no matter what you say .

4 让我们不要为我们应该忽略和忘记的小事情烦心

Let’s not allow ourselves to be upset by trifles (which) we should ignore and forget.

5 (花太多的时间老是想着过去会阻碍享受偶尔的生活)

Too much time spent dwelling on the past can get in the way of enjoying life as it happens.

6 (相信自己能够完成目标并解决问题的人更有可能在学校做得很好)

People who believe they can accomplish goals and solve problems are more likely to do well i n school.

Unit 2

1) 她穿了一件有玫瑰图案的衣服。

She wore a dress with a pattern of roses on it.

2) 海伦为我们准备了一顿丰盛的饭菜。

Helen had prepared a wonderful meal for us

3) 安信誓旦旦地保证她将永远不说。

Ann promised faithfully that she would never tell.

4) 你能把这封信送到会计部么?

Could you deliver this letter to the accounts department?

5) 有人给我们精选的牛奶巧克力和纯巧克力。

We were offered a selection of milk and plain chocolate.

6) 告诉孩子们别胡闹。

Tell the children to behave themselves.

7) 我们能听到远处打雷的声音。

We could hear the sound of distant thunder.

8) 这项工程已得到政府的批准。

The project has now received approval from the government.

9)虽然丈夫喝酒太多,但凯丽依然爱着她。

Kelly loved her husband in spite of the fact that he drank too much.

10)专家们似乎不能就这个药是否安全取得一致意见。

Experts seem unable to agree whether the drug is safe or not.

Uint 3

1) 由于紧急情况,这位医生几个小时内都是没有空。

Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours.

2) 税收将会如何影响低收入的人群?

How will taxes affect people with low income?

3) 我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢

琴。 My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up practicin

g the piano.

4) 这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等。

These books range in price form $10 to $20.

5) 在我看来你没有什么选择。

It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.

6) 考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已经做得相当不错了。

Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job.

7) 对这么一栋大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修所需的钱。

For such a big house the price is fairly cheap, but you’ve got to take into consideration the mo ney you will spend on repairs.

8) 我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始?

Can we begin with discussing questions arising from the last meeting?

Unit 4

1. 我过去喜欢摄影,但是我现在从事任何业余爱好

I used to enjoy photography, but I now have no time to pursue any hobbies.

2. 没有一种可确信的方式来预测谁将哮喘,谁不会

There is no sure way to predict who will develop asthma and who won’t.

3. (如今神经生物学家不再争论大脑是否能生成新细胞)

Today neurobiologists no longer argue about whether or not the brain can grow new cells.

4. (我不像以前那样热爱表演)

I don’t love acting as much as I once did, said Angelina Jolie.

5.If you don’t define your goal ,you don’t know in which direction you should be heading.(如果你不确定你的目标,你不知道你应该向哪个方向前进)

6. (当你不应该细想你的过去时,花些时间回顾和思考你走过的路)

While you should not dwell on your past ,taking the time to review and reflect on the path yo u hav-e taken will help you plan for the future.

7.(你可以爱一个人但不一定要嫁给他。)You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.

8.(这些例子证明有些学生的简历写得多么差)These examples demonstrate how poorly some students write their resumes.

Unit 5

1.

2. (谁是他真正的朋友,在困难时可依靠)

In time he will see who is his true friend to be relied on in difficulty。

3. (那位科学家的实验使一种新药问世,一种对高血压更好治疗的药)

That scientist’s experiment gave birth to a new drug,a better cure for high blood pressure.

4.他习惯在这房间里的冬天,被四堵墙和一个倾斜的天花板困在里面

He got used to being in this room during the winter, shut in by the four walls and a sloping ceiling.

5. (我意识到我一有机会就要让他们相信我是一个警察而不是一个政治家)

I realized I would need to convince them at the first opportunity that I was a policeman not a politician.

6.当你清除一个旧的社会时你不能一夜之间改变你思想的机构已经建立起来的世纪。When you sweep away an old society, you can’t overnight change you the institutions of thought that have been built up over centuries.

7. (在本世纪临近结束时,在绝大多数发展中国家另外二十亿人将出世

By the close of this century, another two billion people will be born, the great majority in developing countries.

8. 如果你渴望自己,自己的家,自己的国家有更好的未来,在这儿继续你的研究

If you long for a better future for yourself , your family and your country, stay and continue your studies here.

Uint 6

1.如果要我选择一个方案的话,我将毫不犹豫地支持后者

If I had to select one plan, I would not hesitate to support the latter.

2他看上去似乎是无罪的,但证据表明并非如此。

He seemed not guilty, but the evidence suggested otherwise.

3我劝他别去东海岸,因为那里到处是游客.

I warned him off going to the east coast because it was a full of tourists.

4.东西便宜并不见得就是质量低劣。

The fact that something is cheap doesn’t necessarily mean it’s of low quality.

5.如果没有人可以求教,就难以作出恰当的选择.

Without anyone to turn to for help, making an appropriate choice can be difficult.

6. 他用音乐表现了他失去妻子的悲痛。

His sadness at the death of his wife found expression in his music.

7.只有战胜了羞怯之后,人们才会更自信地生活。

Only when people overcome their shyness, can they live more confidently.

8.今天我不再给孩子买任何别的东西了——事实上,我已经花了太多的钱了。

I’m not buying the children anything else today, as it is I’ve spent for too much money.

Uint 7

1)我没料想到上演一个剧本需要这么多的工作。

I didn’t realize putting on a play involved so much work.

2) 最重要的不是你说的,而是你做的。( … not that… but that… )

The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.

3)在这样的情况下,这个结果是所能期待的最好的。

This is the best result that can be expected in such circumstances.

4) 你不是第一次处于这种情形。

It isn’t the first time that you’ve found yourself in such a situation.

5) 这个困难促使我动脑筋找出答案。

This difficulty challenges my mind to find an answer.

6) 将要出现的新的威胁是失业。

The new threat on the horizon is unemployment.

7) 我们有不同的方法表达同样的想法。(alternative)

We have different ways of expressing the same idea.

8) 他喝酒的老毛病又犯了。

He slipped into the old habit of drinking.

Unit 8

1. 他们报告了将近24对镇上的双胞胎,其中差不多12对是同卵双胞胎

There are nearly 24 reported sets of twins in the town, of which nearly 12 are identical twins .

2. 我们都知道他有危险,但不会盲目采纳人们说的话

“We are well aware of his danger and won’t blindly accept what people say.”

stated Mr. Malcom.

3. I still remember when I first met you on the lake side.(我仍记得我初次在湖边遇见你的时候)

4. when she came to writing her college project, she found other material; this world enable her to enjoy more fully the work.(当她要写她的大学项目时,她发现了其它细节,这个世界使她更充分享受该工作的乐趣)

5. As soon as the 15 minutes rest is over,(一旦15分钟的休息结束,你必须开始下一个训练使训练项目更有效。you must start the next exercise to make the exercise programme more effective.

6. without their working as volunteers,(没有他们作为志愿者来工作,我们不能为需要的人提供任何服务。)we could never be able to provide any service for those who need it.

7.Pears are treated in much the same way as some other kinds of fruit (与其他一些和水果几乎相同的方法)but are never wrapped.

8. A similar meeting held at the beginning of the year, attended by 60 people including teache rs,nurses and doctors,(有包括教师、护士、和医生60人参加的)was very successful according to the report.

Unit 9

1. 利用当地的劳动力和环境条件去启动一些新的工厂。

Many people took advantage of the local workforces and environmental conditions

to start up a few new factories.

2. 我很想祝贺她今晚的表演但她的兴趣又改变了说埃及。

I feel inclined to congratulate her on her performance tonight,but her interest has changed a gain to speak of Egypt.

3. 我确信她的病被引发,部分通过这些烦恼引发

I‘m sure her illness was brought on partly by the worry of all that was happening.

4. The problem is that the employer is apt to underestimate the value of direct discussion wit

h his employees.(容易低估与其雇员直接讨论的价值)

5. What they had been doing resulted in the discovery of a cure for cancer.(发现了一种治疗癌症的方法)

6. Comparatively speaking, we are more concerned with work efficiency and product develop ment.(我们更关心工作效率和产品开发)

7. The doctors once said to us that the surgery could induce heart attack.(手术会引发心脏病)

8. Although we may be qualified to work for the project,(我们也许有资格为该项目工作)we can not really be considered top-class scientists.

6) It has been any other reason.

现代大学英语第二版第二册课后翻译

我们像在暖房里种花那样养孩子是错误的。我们必须让他们接触各种社会问题,因为不久他们就将作为公民来应对这些问题。 It was wrong to raise our children the way we grow flowers in the greenhouse. We must expose them to all social problems because very soon they will be dealing with them as responsible citizens. 随着时间的推移,我们不可避免地会越来越多地卷入国际事务。而冲突必然会发生,因为国家之间总有不同的观点和利益。 As time goes on we are inevitably going to get more and more involved in international affairs. And conflicts are sure to occur because there always exists different views and interests among nations 我们为我们的成就而骄傲,我们有理由感到骄傲。但是我们永远不能变得狂妄,不然我们就会失去我们的朋友。 We are proud of our accomplishments, and we have reason to be. But we must never become arrogant. Otherwise we will lose our friends. 信息现在唾手可得。一个普通的电脑就能储存一个普通图书馆的信息。 Information is now easily available. An average computer can store the information of a small library. 那家建筑公司没有资格操作这个项目。他们没有任何法律文件能证明他们具备必要的专门技术。我们必须找一个专门建造歌剧院的公司。 That construction company is not qualified to handle the project. They do not have any legal document to certify that they have the necessary expertise. We must find a company that specializes in building theatres. 这些智囊团不作决策。他们力图提出一些对决策者十分有用的新主意和深刻的分析。These think tanks do not make decisions. They are out to generate new ideas and penetrating analyses that will be extremely useful for decision makers. 国内生产总值不是一切。如果人民的生活质量没有真正改善的话,我们国家就不能说已经现代化了。 The growth of GDP is not everything. Our country cannot be said to have been modernized unless the quality of our people?s lives is really improved. 虽然那时候我们在很多方面都很困难,但作为孩子我们仍然幸福,因为有干净的空气、水;江河湖泊里有很多鱼、螃蟹,黄鳝;田野里有花,有树,有鸟。 Poor as we were in many ways at that time, we were still quite happy as children, for there was clean air, clean water, a lot of fish, crabs and eels in the rivers, lakes and ponds; and a lot of flowers, trees and birds in the fields.

高职高专实用英语第二册英语翻译

1.荷兰人在饭馆吃饭时真的会各自付账吗? Do Dutch people really go Dutch at a restaurant? 2.另一方面来说,诚实的人会赢得别人的尊敬。 On the other hand, an honest man win other’s respect. 3.无论我说了什么,都请不要生我的气。 Whatever I say, please don’t be mad at me. 4.真是难以置信,这样简单的主意以前竟没有人想到。 It is incredible that no one had ever thought of such a simple idea before. 5.她的心情一会儿高兴,一会儿绝望。 Her mood alternate between happiness and despair. 6.我们必须相信我们所做的事情,即使别人不相信。 We must believe in what we do, even when others don’t. 7.在大城市里,在寒冷的冬季,许多老年人死于污染的空气。 During the cold winters in big cities, many old people die from the polluted air. 8.我过去习惯早起,并且在早餐前散步一小时。 I used to get up early, and take a walk for one hour before breakfast. 9.要在不到一周的时间内完成这项工作,时间困难的事情。 It is hard to finish this work in less than one week. 10.到这部戏剧的结尾部分,很多观众都被深深感动了。 A lot of audiences were deeply affected at the end of the drama. 11.他以前比现在上门出诊多得多。 He used to make many more house calls than he does now. 12.我们在阅兵场上肩并肩地排成一行。 We lined up on the parade ground shoulder to shoulder. 13.不管他在不在对我们的工作不会有影响。 Whether he is here or not will make no difference to our work. 14.关于这件事的说法实在令人难以置信。 That is a tall story about this event. 15.我们尽了最大的努力以确保仪式正常进行。 We have tried our best to keep the ceremony on the rails. 16.他在会议一开始就讲了几个笑话,让大家放松了一些。 He started the meeting with a couple of jokes to make us relax. 17.虽然生了一场大病,但他会赶上大家的。 He would catch up with the rest of us, although he had been ill seriously. 18.一旦人们看到有些东西确实有效,就更有可能接受它。 One people have seen that something really works, they are more likely to accept it. 19.除了法语外,他还得学日语。 In addition to French, he has to learn Japanese. 20.这影片如此感人以至我们禁不住流下泪来。 This movie is so impressive that we can’t help crying. 21.把这么多书分类整理要花很多的时间。 It takes plenty of time to sort so many books. 22.这次地震带来了相当大的灾难,同样也带来了经历和力量。 The earthquake brought considerable misfortunes and it also brought experience and strength. 23.大多数人对心理健康问题几乎一无所知。 Most people know little about the mental health problem. 24.他们容忍了儿子的行为。 They have put up with their son’s behavior. 25.他长期以来致力于高科技的研究和开发。 He has been devoted to the research and the development of high tech all the time. 26.今晚中央电视台将播出一部名为“同一个世界,同一个梦想”的纪录片。Tonight CCTV will air a documentary named “One word, one dream.” 27.这些课程吸引了各行各业的人。 These courses attract people from all walks of life. 28.他们正在研究如何在地震中更好的逃生。 They are studying better ways to survive in earthquake. 29.这种做法不符合我们的政策。 Such act would be in disaccord with our policy. 30.他称她为他最好的一半。 He refers to her as his better half. 31.我们所能做的就是培养自己去全力对付它,而不是去躲避它。 What we can do is to train ourselves to deal with it, not to avoid it. 32.他们设计将疾病控制在小范围内。 They manage to limit the disease within a small area. 33.我既没有钱也没有时间去旅行。 I have neither money nor time for travelling. 34.此外,购买新车也是主要消费之一。 In addition, purchasing a new car is also a major spending. 35.他的课业很好。 He is getting on well with his school work. 36.没有人确切地知道当初人们是如何学会保存食物的。 No one knows for sure how people first learned to preserve food. 37.她没有领会他话中的幽默。 She didn’t pick up on the humor in his words. 38.这是对我们共同度过的那些美好时光的留念。 This is a reminder of the good time we spent together. 39.每个国家、每个民族都有自己的历史文化传统。 Every country and every nation has its own historical and cultural traditions. 40.几年以后,那些山也将被树木覆盖。 In a few years’ time, those maintain will also be covered with forest. 41.光明的未来往往建立在对过去遗忘的基础之上。 The bright future will always be on the base of a forgotten past. 42.我们在父母家优美的环境中放松了一下午。 We spent the afternoon relaxing in the beautiful surroundings of my parent’s home. 43.我需要一把剪刀把这篇报纸文章剪下来。 I need a scissors to cue off the article of newspaper. 44.这是到目前为止我们所收到的最大一项捐赠。 This is the biggest donation we have received up to now. 45.我们对做这么多作业感到厌倦。 We are tired of doing so much homework. 46.拼写问题可能也和书写不整洁有关。 Spelling problems can be related to the untidy writings.

大二上学期英语翻译啊

1无论是暑假或高中毕业,我都倾向于将冒险融入我的生 2一方面我思家心切和怀疑我是否可以完成这项旅行计划,另一方面我急不可待的想要向自己与家人证明我具备一切所需的能力。 3虽然感觉像早起一样又冷又沮丧,但值得庆幸的是我买了一个便宜的手机。 4虽然我证明了我自己坚持不懈,恪守计划的品性,但我怀念有熟人相伴的感觉。 5我听说了一句瑞典名言,与人分享的快乐就是双倍的快乐。 6对群体心理浑然不觉得人注定会深受其害。7我们都像被接纳,有归属,被他人需要,但要以什么为代价呢? 8可以想象大多数生活在西方的人在人生的某个阶段,有过这种类似的经历。 9正如上诉两个实例所谈论的一样,我们都受害于群体服从机制。 10不管是受群体影响作出有悖自我判断的选择,还是自己明白事理反却被说服指黑为白,很少有人能逃脱群体心理。

11几星期前,初来纽约曼谷顿时的兴奋和自豪感早已荡然无存,如今这里的喧嚣让他感到疲惫。 12聚Manhattan第一次感恩之行,差不多有二十多年了,现在他已是传媒界的一名成功企业家,正是源于那次的感恩之行,他才一路坚持下来有了今天。 13表达感恩之情,对我们生命中信势心存感激,努力发现生活中美好事物会使我们变得积极向上。 14Emmons是加州大学的一个分校的教授长期以来努力于研究感恩对身心健康的影响。 15Emmons和他的团队在后来的跟踪研究中发现感恩的人很少抑郁,不大有嫉妒和焦躁的情绪,更愿意帮助别人。 16在那痛苦二有乏味漫长日子里,他把腿从床边垂下来,抬起下巴,摆出合适的姿势,然而伸出双手,兖州Schuman Brahms 和Mozar的乐曲。 17多少次他的灵魂曾随着大师的琴弦上跳动的每个音符而呼吸。

新视野大学英语读写教程第二版第二册翻译句子

Unint 1 1. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。(much less) She wouldn’t take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner. 2.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。(whereas) He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling him the truth. 3. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? (account for) How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 4.他们利润增长部分的原因是由于采用了新的市场策略。(due to) The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。(result in) Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 6. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。(pour into) We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. Unint 2 1.尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。(despite) Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 2.迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。(nor) Mike didn’t come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 3.坐在他旁边的哪个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。(next to; by no means) The man sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer.

最新英语第二册课后翻译

Unit 1 1 一.汉译英: 2 1.房子着火了,里3 面的人面临着死亡的危4 险。(in danger of) 5 答:The house was 6 on fire and the people 7 inside were in danger 8 of losing their lives. 9 2.他买不起这么好的房10 子。(afford to do) 11 答:He can’t 12 afford to buy such a 13 fine house. 14 3.这个主意听起来15 也许有些怪,不过还真16 有点意思。(make sense) 17 答:Although this 18 idea may sound 19 strange,it does make 20 sense. 21 4.约翰看起来是个22 好人。既便如此,我还23 是不信任他。(even so) 24 答:John seems (to 25 be)a nice person.Even 26 so,I don’t trust him. 27 二.英译汉: 28 1.Even though the 29 first McDonald’s 30 restaurant sold only 31 hamburgers and French 32 fries,it still became 33 a cultural symbol. 34 答:虽说第一家麦35 当劳餐馆只售汉堡包和36 薯条,它还是成了一种37 文化象征。 38 2.These people 39 are angry that the 40 building is now in 41 danger of being 42 destroyed ,along with 43 their memories. 44 答:这些人想到餐45 馆连同他们美好的回忆46 一起被摧毁,感到非常47 愤怒。 48 3.They are using 49 the earthquake as an 50 excuse. 51 答:他们在利用那次地52 震作借口。 53 4.Some think that 54 McDonald’s real 55 reason for wanting to 56 close down the 57 restaurant has 58 nothing to do with 59 money. 60 答:有人认为麦当61 劳想关闭这家餐馆的真62 正原因与金钱无关。 63 Unit 2 64 一.汉译英: 65 1.如果他一开始谈66 论过去,你就永远都没67 法从他那儿脱身。(get 68 away from) 69 答:If he starts 70

高职大二英语课文翻译B

Disney Mirrors American Culture Last fall, the Walt Disney Company did something rare: it admitted defeat in its fight to build a history theme park in Virginia.The park was going to be called "Disney's America". Some people might be wondering, however, if Disney lost the battle but won the war, as it seems everyone is living in Disney's America these days. With its purchase of Capital Cities/ABC Inc. last month, the company founded by Walter Elias Disney in 1923 deepened its claim on American culture. In fact, it would be hard to find another company so widely respected—even loved—by Americans. Americans rush out to see Disney films, and then replay them—on videotapes; they read Disney books to their children;they watch Disney shows on Disney TV;they make trips to Disneyland and Disney World, where they stay in Disney hotels and eat Disney food;Americans buy Disney products at Disney stores, and listen to Disney records of Disney songs. The world of Disney is becoming anything but small. All this makes some people more than a little upset. Harold Bloom, a professor at Yale University, provides an examination of the cultural history of Western society. "At the end of this road lies cultural uniformity of the worst kind. It's just terrible." This is becoming a popular opinion in universities around the world. "Disney products," said Paul Fussell, a professor of English at the University of Pennsylvania, "have always seemed to me seriously sub-adult." Those who oppose Disney (and there are many) see its films and by-products as sexist, racist and as simpler, cheered-up accounts of American history and folklore. "There's a kind of protection at work here," said Henry Giroux, a professor at Penn State University. Like all those opposed to Disney, he can list, in detail, Disney's many crimes against culture:he is very angry, for example, about the treatment of American Indians in Pocahontas. "I mean, the entire history of what happened to the Indians, which some people would call the murder of their people, is sort of played out as a love story," he said angrily. Giroux said he believes that Disney has become a basic educator of America's children, most of whom will be able to perform every word of The Lion King long before they even learn US President Abraham Lincoln's historic Gettysburg Address. However, even the most strongly opposed are quick to note that Disney has many positive values—cheerfulness, good-hearted fun, and a tradition of artistic quality—that help explain its success. Critical or not, most of those who oppose the company are Disney customers themselves. 迪斯尼——美国文化的一面镜子 去年秋天,沃尔特·迪斯尼公司做了一件罕见的事情:它承认自己争取在弗吉尼亚州建造一个历史主题公园的努力失败了。公园原本打算命名为“迪斯尼美国公园”。 不过,有些人会这样想,迪斯尼只不过是输了一次战斗,但赢了一场战争,这是因为,这些年来人人似乎都生活在迪斯尼的美国。 随着迪斯尼公司在上月购买了美国广播公司大都会电视台网之后,这家由沃尔特·伊莱亚斯·迪斯尼在1923年创建的公司进一步代表了美国文化。确实,很难再找出另一家公司像迪斯尼这样受到美国人如此普遍的尊敬,甚至可以说普遍的热爱。 美国人争着去看迪斯尼拍的电影,然后再重看电影录像;他们给孩子念迪斯尼的故事;他们在迪斯尼电视频道上观看迪斯尼节目;他们去迪斯尼乐园和迪斯尼世界游玩,在那儿他们住的是迪斯尼饭店,吃的是迪斯尼食品;美国人还在迪斯尼商店里购买迪斯尼商品,耳边听的是迪斯尼歌曲唱片。 迪斯尼的世界可真不小啊!

大二上英语课文翻译

十岁时,我突然面临着搬家的痛苦,要搬离我自小认识的、唯一的家。到那个时候为止,我简短的人生都是在那个古老的大房子里度过的。在那里,我们四世同堂,有过欢声笑语,也有过悲伤的印记。 那天终于到来的时侯,我跑到屋子后面的小门廊下——这里是我的避难所——独自一人坐在那里颤抖着,泪水从内心深处涌出。突然间,我感到有一只手放到我的肩上。我抬起头,看见了祖父。“不是那么容易啊,是不是,比利?”他柔声说道,坐在了我旁边的台阶上。“爷爷,”我流着泪答道,“可是,我怎么能够跟你,还有我所有的朋友说再见啊?” 他一直注视着远处的苹果树,“再见是多么令人悲伤的字眼,”他说,“对朋友们用这个词似乎太绝对、太冰冷了。好像我们有很多不同的道别方式,但他们有一个共同点,那就是悲伤。”我继续看着他的脸,似乎想要从他的脸上读出些什么。他轻轻地把我的手放到他的手心里。“我的朋友,跟我来。”他轻声说。 我们手牵手走进前院里他最喜欢的地方,在那儿独自种着的一大丛红色的玫瑰十分显眼。 5 “在这儿你看到了什么,比利?”他问道。 我看着那些花儿,不知道该说些什么。然后答道,“我看见了柔和美丽的东西,爷爷。” 他跪了下来,把我拉得更近,说道,“不仅仅是因为这些玫瑰本身的美丽,比利,是你内心的某个特别的地方,使得他们如此美丽。” 他的目光再次接触到我的。“比利,我很久很久以前就种下了这些玫瑰——那个时候甚至还没有你妈妈呢。在我的第一个儿子出生的那天,我把它们种到了土里。这是我在用自己的方式对上帝表达我的感激。那个男孩的名字叫做比利,和你一样。过去我常常看着他给他妈妈摘玫瑰花。” 我看见了祖父的眼泪。以前我从未见过他流泪。他的声音开始变得有些沙哑。“有一天,可怕的战争爆发了。我的儿子,象许多其他人的儿子们一样,去与邪恶作战。他和我一起走到火车站。。。。。。三个月后,来了一封电报说,我的儿子战死在意大利的一个小村庄里。我所能想起的只有在他的生命中我跟他讲的最后一句话——再见。” 祖父缓缓的站起来说,“永远不要说再见,比利。永远不要屈服于那个词所带来的悲伤和孤独。相反,我要你记住那些你第一次跟朋友们说“你好”的时侯心里的那种欢乐。记住那个特别的问候,把他们保存在心里,这样你的内心就会永远充满夏天般的快乐和幸福。当你不得不和朋友们分离时,我想让你在内心深处重新找回第一次的问候。” 一年半以后,祖父病得很严重。几个星期以后,他从医院回来,想把床挪到窗边,因为在那儿他可以看见他心爱的玫瑰丛。 然后,整个家族被召集到一起,我回到了那个老房子。大人们决定,年纪大一些的孙子们可以向他道别。 轮到我时,我发现他看起来相当疲倦。他的眼睛闭着,呼吸缓慢而艰难。我轻轻的拿起他的手,就像以前他牵着我的手一样。“您好,爷爷,”我轻轻的说。他的眼睛缓慢的睁开了。“你好,我的朋友。”他说道,带着短暂的微笑。他的眼睛再一次闭上,我离开了房间。 那时我正站在祖父的玫瑰丛边,叔叔过来告诉我说,祖父已经去世了。想起

全新版大学英语(第二版)综合教程2课文翻译

Unit 1 Text A Howard Gardner, a professor of education at Harvard University, reflects on a visit to China and gives his thoughts on different approaches to learning in China and the West. 哈佛大学教育学教授霍华德·加德纳回忆其中国之行,阐述他对中西方不同的学习方式的看法。 Learning, Chinese-Style Howard Gardner 1 For a month in the spring of 1987, my wife Ellen and I lived in the bustling eastern Chinese city of Nanjing with our 18-month-old son Benjamin while studying arts education in Chinese kindergartens and elementary schools. But one of the most telling lessons Ellen and I got in the difference between Chinese and American ideas of education came not in the classroom but in the lobby of the Jinling Hotel where we stayed in Nanjing. 中国式的学习风格 霍华德·加德纳 1987年春,我和妻子埃伦带着我们18个月的儿子本杰明在繁忙的中国东部城市南京住了一个月,同时考察中国幼儿园和小学的艺术教育情况。然而,我和埃伦获得的有关中美教育观念差异的最难忘的体验并非来自课堂,而是来自我们在南京期间寓居的金陵饭店的大堂。 2 The key to our room was attached to a large plastic block with the room number on it. When leaving the hotel, a guest was encouraged to turn in the key, either by handing it to an attendant or by dropping it through a slot into a box. Because the key slot was narrow, the key had to be positioned carefully to fit into it. 我们的房门钥匙系在一块标有房间号的大塑料板上。酒店鼓励客人外出时留下钥匙,可以交给服务员,也可以从一个槽口塞入钥匙箱。由于口子狭小,你得留神将钥匙放准位置才塞得进去。 3 Benjamin loved to carry the key around, shaking it vigorously. He also liked to try to place it into the slot. Because of his tender age and incomplete understanding of the need to position the key just so, he would usually fail. Benjamin was not bothered in the least. He probably got as much pleasure out of the sounds the key made as he did those few times when the key actually found its way into the slot. 本杰明爱拿着钥匙走来走去,边走边用力摇晃着。他还喜欢试着把钥匙往槽口里塞。由于他还年幼,不太明白得把钥匙放准位置才成,因此总塞不进去。本杰明一点也不在意。他从钥匙声响中得到的乐趣大概跟他偶尔把钥匙成功地塞进槽口而获得的乐趣一样多。 4 Now both Ellen and I were perfectly happy to allow Benjamin to bang the key near the key slot. His exploratory behavior seemed harmless enough. But I soon observed an interesting phenomenon. Any Chinese staff member nearby would come over to watch Benjamin and, noting his lack of initial success, attempt to assist. He or she would hold onto Benjamin's hand and,

(完整版)新概念英语第二册课文及翻译(最新整理)

新概念英语第2册课文 1 A private conversation私人谈话 Last week I went to the theatre. I had a very good seat. The play was very interesting. I did not enjoy it. A young man and a young woman were sitting behind me. They were talking loudly. I got very angry. I could not hear the actors. I turned round. I looked at the man and the woman angrily. They did not pay any attention. In the end, I could not bear it. I turned round again. 'I can't hear a word!' I said angrily. 'It's none of your business,' the young man said rudely. 'This is a private conversation!' 上星期我去看戏。我的座位很好。发挥是很有趣的。我不喜欢它。一青年男子与一年轻女子坐在我的身后。他们在大声地说话。我很生气。我听不见演员。我转过身。我看着那个男人和女人生气。他们没有注意。最后,我忍不住了。我又一次转过身去。”我不能听到一个字!”我愤怒地说。”这不关你的事,”那男的毫不客气地说。”这是私人间的谈话!” 2 Breakfast or lunch?早餐还是午餐? It was Sunday. I never get up early on Sundays. I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime. Last Sunday I got up very late. I looked out of the window. It was dark outside. 'What a day!' I thought. 'It's raining again.' Just then, the telephone rang. It was my aunt Lucy. 'I've just arrived by train,' she said. 'I'm coming to see you.' 'But I'm still having breakfast,' I said. 'What are you doing?' she asked. 'I'm having breakfast,' I repeated. 'Dear me,' she said. 'Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!' 它是星期日。在星期天我是从来不早起。有时我要一直躺到吃午饭的时候。上周日我起床很晚。我看着窗外。它是黑暗的外面。”多好的一天!”我的思想。”又下雨了。”正在这时,电话铃响了。是我姑母露西打来的。”我刚下火车,”她说。”我来看你。”“但我还在吃早饭,”我说。”你干什么呢。她问。”我正在吃早饭,”我又说了一遍。”我亲爱的,”她说。”你总是起得这么晚吗?现在已经一点了!”

大二上学期英语翻译

汉译英 1、无论你是多么富有经验的演说家,无论你做了多么充分的准备,你都很难在这样嘈杂的招待会上发表演讲。(no matter how) No matter how experienced a speaker you are, and how well you have prepared your speech, you will have difficulty making a speech at such a noisy reception. 2、就像吉米妹妹的朋友都关心吉米一样,吉米也关心他们。(just as) Just as all his sister's friends cared about him, Jimmy cared about them. 3、汽车生产商在新车的几处都印有汽车识别号码,以便帮助找回被盗的车辆。(track down) Car manufacturers stamp a vehicle identification number at several places on new cars to help track down stolen vehicles. 4、老师回来时你敢告我状的话,我就不再和你说话了。(tell on) If you dare tell on me when the teacher gets back I won't say a word to you any more. 5、有些老年人愿意独自过日子,但大多数老人选择和儿女一起生活。(on one's own) Some elderly people prefer to live on their own while the great majority choose to live with their children. 6、现在需要面对的事情是:如何筹集创建公司所需的资金。(reckon with) Here is something that needs to be reckoned with: How to get the necessary finances to establish the company. 英译汉 1、When someone does something for you, no matter how small and no matter whether he is superior or inferior, it is proper to say "Thank you". 每当有人帮了你,无论事情大小,无论他地位高低,你都就当对他说声"谢谢"。 2、The invention of the steam engine changed ships just as it had changed land transport. 蒸气机的发明使船舶发生了变化,正如其已经改变了陆地运输一样。 3、Though the manager did his best to help, he was still unable to track down the source of the problem. 尽管经理努力帮忙,他还是不能找到问题的根源所在。 4、The girl, whose life revolved around her brother, had no difficulty working out what she should do to please him. 这个女孩的生活天天围着哥哥转,完全明白该做什么来使哥哥高兴。 5、If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want. 如果你不知道自己想要什么,你最终得到的可能都是自己不想要的。 6、Jimmy had his sister to help him get through the painful days alone without his father. 吉米有他妹妹帮助他度过那些没有父亲的艰难日子。

综合学术英语翻译第二册

综合学术英语翻译 Unit 1 1. 无论是谁,闯红灯都是对公共安全的极端漠视。 ( complete disregard for ) Whoever run the red light shows a complete disregard for public safety. 2. 他解释说,成功不过是自己对艺术的执着追求和运气罢了。 ( nothing more than ) Success, as he explained, was nothing more than a consistent pursuit of art and good luck. 3. 这个新产品得益于生物学与医学的交叉研究。 (at the crossroads between ) The new product has benefited from research work at the crossroads between biological and medical studies. 4. 他的观点与那位伟大哲学家的思想惊人地相似,但他声称从未听说过其观点。(echo ) It was amazing that this idea well echoed the great philosopher 's belief, which he claimed not to have heard about before. 5. 队员们进行了为期一个月的紧张训练,充分做好准备,以应对可能发生的各种突发情 况。(prepare …well for ) The one-month intense training program prepared the team members well for the possible emergencies. 6. 那位环保人士所做的演讲生动有力,给现场观众留下了深刻的印象。( be impressed with) The audience was deeply impressed with the vigor and power of the speech delivered by the environmentalist. 7. 这次旅行将为你提供一个难得的体验不同生活方式的机会。( sample) This traveling experience will provide you with a rare opportunity to sample a different way of life. 8. 充分利用有限时间是适应快节奏现代生活的必备技能之一。( use time to its fullest potential ) Using the limited time to its fullest potential is one of the must-have/required skills in adapting to the fast-paced modern life.

相关主题