搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 大学英语第二册句子翻译

大学英语第二册句子翻译

大学英语第二册句子翻译
大学英语第二册句子翻译

Unit 1

Passage A

1.Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote.

任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。

2.A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to each student before the start of each semester. 每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会交由学校发给每一个学生。

3.On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking.

遵照医生的建议,我决定不抽烟。

4.The park is located right in the center of town.

公园位于县城的正中央。

5.The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire.

这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。

Passage B

1.He knew in his heart that they would never meet again.

他内心深处知道,他们永远也不会再见了。

2.He finally felt that he was on the road to success after they agreed to publish his first book.

他们同意出版他的第一本书后,他终于感到自己快要成功了。

3.He stopped to take a sip of water and then resumed speaking.

他停下来喝了一口水,然后继续讲话。

4.The big project engages us so much that we can’t manage to take a holiday this year.

这个大项目使我们莽的今年都无法安排一次度假了。

5.Just as water is the most important of liquids, oxygen is the most important of gases.

氧气是气体中最重要的一种,正如水是液体中最重要的一种一样。

Unit 2

Passage A

1.The policemen are busy filling out forms about the accident.

警察们正忙于填写关于这场事故的各种表格。

2.I want to fill up the fuel tank before returning the car.

我想在还车之前把油箱加满。

3.If you want to make a complaint, you’d better follow the correct procedure.

如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。

4.We couldn’t have finished the experiment so soon without John’s help.

要不是约翰帮忙,我们绝不会这么快就完成实验。

5.After the storm, the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat.

暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急地搜索湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。

Passage B

1.I’m not supposed to let anyone in without an ID card, but I’ll make an exception in your case.

没有身份证我不能放任何人进来,但对你来说是例外。

2.He has learned his lesson from the failure and won’t repeat the mistake.

他已经从失败中汲取教训,不会犯同样的错误。

3.I have great faith in your ability ------ I’m sure you’ll succeed.

我对你的能力很有信心,相信你一定能成功。

4.Even though it was raining, we still went on with our match.

即使下着雨,我们还是继续比赛。

5.I woke up to find myself lying on a hospital bed.

我醒过来时,发现自己躺在医院的床上。

Unit 3

Passage A

1.We need to cut down on our fuel consumption by having fewer cars on the road.

我们需要通过减少道路上的车辆以降低燃料消耗。

2.The rise in power costs has added to our burden.

电费上涨增加了我们的负担。

3.Y ou should judge by yourself, and not always follow your brother’s lead.

你应该自己判断行事,别总是跟在你哥哥的后面。

4.That hairstyle is in fashion this year, but I am afraid it will be out of fashion next year. 那种发型今年很流行,但是我想明年就会过时。

5.We are fated to suffer from many failures in our quest for truth.

在追求真理的过程中,我们注定要遭受失败的痛苦。

Passage B

1.I find it increasingly difficult to live within my income.

我发现量入为出地过日子越来越难了。

2.Modern politicians try to reach out to ordinary people in their TV speeches.

现代政治家们都试图以电视讲话来影响普通百姓。

3.Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive attitude to life.

应该帮助学生对人生采取积极的态度。

4.Everyone in the class is expected to participate in these discussions.

希望全班同学参加这些讨论。

5.If you commit a crime you must expect to be punished.

如果你犯了罪就必须收到惩罚。

Unit 4

Passage A

1.She waited at the bus stop until the last bus came in.

她在公共汽车站一直等到末班车进站。

2.If there is any way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

如果我们能帮上忙,尽管和我们联系吧。

3.How many crew does he need to sail his yacht?

他需要多少服务人员才能使他的游艇航行?

4.I enjoyed her new book though it’s not quite as good as her last one.

虽然她的新书没有上一本好,但是我还是喜欢它。

5.Never before have I met such a kind person.

我从未遇到过如此善良的人。

Passage B

1.The bus slowed down and stopped to allow the passenger to get on board.

公共汽车放慢速度并停下来,让那位乘客上车。

2.Many vehicles rolled by, but no one offered us a ride.

许多车子都驶过去了,可是没有一辆愿意让我们搭便车。

3.Please get off the grass.

请勿践踏草地。

4.He made his way to the marketplace right after work, as his wife had asked him to do.

他按妻子的吩咐,一下班就去了市场。

5.Luckily, Steve didn’t break any bones when he fell off his bike.

值得庆幸的是,史蒂夫从自行车上摔下来时没有摔断骨头。

Unit 5

Passage A

1.We have to put aside our emotions and take it from a professional standpoint.

我们得把感情放在一边,从专业的角度来对待这件事。

2.The play was so wonderful that I soon lost myself in the excitement of it.

这部戏非常精彩,我很快就沉寂于激动人心的剧情之中。

3.She hasn’t got any hobbies ------ unless you call watching TV a hobby.

她并没有什么爱好——除非你把看电视也算是一种爱好。

4.He said that he had got the information first-hand from the Mayor himself.

他说他是直接从市长本人那里得到这个信息的。

5.Since you can’t answer the question, perhaps we’d better ask someone else.

既然你不能回答这个问题,我们最好问问别人。

Passage B

1.All the passengers pitched forward because the bus driver braked sharply.

由于公共汽车司机突然刹车,旅客们都不由自主地向前摔到。

2.This agreement will break through the obstacles to free trade.

这个协议将冲破对自由贸易设置的障碍。

3.The taxi arrived soon after I rang for it.

我刚放下叫出租车的电话,车就来了。

4.My parents always waited up for me no matter what time I got home.

在过去不管我什么时候到家,我父母总会等我。

5.Talks between the two countries completely broke down, because neither of them wanted to give in. 由于没有一方愿意让步,两个公司之间的对话就完全破裂了。

Unit 6

Passage A

1.It’s a difficult job, but I’d like to have a shot.

那件工作很难做,不过我想试试看。

2.This is a book about business practice as opposed to theory.

这是一本关于商务实践而非理论的书。

3.Social activities never get in the way of her studies.

社会活动从未耽误她的学习。

4.It was not until 1911 that the first of the vitamins was identified.

知道1911年人们才发现第一种维生素。

5.Natural disasters have obvious ly contributed to the country’s economic crisis.

很明显,自然灾害是造成这个国家经济危机的原因。

Passage B

1.Our marriage is happy but we’ve had many ups and downs.

我们的婚姻很幸福,但是我们也曾经历过许多坎坷。

2.Many teachers of foreign languages are inclined to talk too much themselves in class.

许多外语教师常在课堂上自己讲得太多。

3.The famous actor keeps fit by working out for an hour every morning.

那位著名演员每天早晨锻炼一小时以保持健康。

4.After a long heart-to-heart talk with him, he r suspicion melted away.

与他促膝长谈后,她的怀疑消失了。

5.We have no vacancies now, but we’ll certainly kee p your application in mind.

目前我们没有职位空缺,但我们肯定会记住您的额申请。

Unit 7

Passage A

1.He did not regret what he had said but felt that he could have expressed it differently.

他并不后悔说过的话,只是觉得他完全可以不用这种方式表达。

2.We’d better wait till 14 December. David will have had his exam by then, so he’ll be able to go on holiday with us.我们最好等到12月24日。那时大卫已考完试,就能和我们一起去度假了。

3.He’s working on a new project which has to be finished by the end of the year.

他正在做一个新项目,年底前必须完成。

4.They are letting us use their lab, and in return, we are sharing with them the results of our research.

他们让我们使用他的实验室,作为回报,我们则让他们分享研究成果。

5.The typing of the term paper took up the whole day.

诸如打电话,听电话一类的事情占用了这位秘书的大部分时间。

Passage B

1.They sold their house and went off to live in Canada with their daughter.

他们把房子卖了后就到加拿大和女儿住在一起。

2.--- What will you be doing this time next week?

--- I’ll be working as usual.

——你下个星期这个时候会在干什么?

——还是像平常一样干活。

3.He was intelligent and hard-working and before long he took over the editing of the magazine. 他既聪明又勤奋,不就就接管了杂志的编辑工作,

4.Don’t you hate it when someone hangs up on you before you finish speaking?

你话还没说完别人就挂断电话,难道你不恼火吗?

5.To their horror, the roof of their house caught fire.

让他们感到惊恐的是,他们的房顶着火了。

Unit 8

Passage A

1.In pursuit of a healthier diet, people are eating more fish than they used to.

为了追求更为健康的饮食,人们现在比过去吃鱼多。

2.We need to have the roof repaired before the bad weather sets in.

我们需要在坏天气到来之前就叫人把屋顶修一修。

3.The diseaseis spreading, and all young children are at risk.

这种疾病正在蔓延,所有儿童都有被传染的危险。

4.The information is transmitted from one computer to another through a telephone line.

信息通过电话线从一台电脑传到另一台电脑。

5.Jack is a fairly good runner. He wins more often than not.

杰克是个相当好的赛跑运动员。他在大多数情况下都能获胜。

Passage B

1.If you delete 50 words, we can put the whole story on one page.

如果你删掉50个字,我们就可以把整个故事排在一页纸上。

2.On display were boxing gloves which bore the famous boxer’s signature.

由那位著名拳击手亲笔签名的拳击手套正在展出。

3.We can’t figure out why he did such a dumb thing.

我们想不通他怎么会干出那样的傻事。

4.The Johnsons were very kind to me. They make me feel like one of the family.

约翰逊一家对我很好,使我感到就像他们家的一员。

5.They say they want to talk to you in connection with the details of the contract.

他们说,想就合同的细节和你谈谈。

新视野大学英语(第2册)课本翻译答案

新视野大学英语读写教程第二版第二册(1-10单元)翻译 Unit 1 1. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。(much less) She wouldn’t take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner. 2. 他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。(whereas) He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth. 3. 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释?(account for) How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 4. 他们利润增长的部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。(due to) The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 5. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。(result in) Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 6. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。(pour into) We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. Unit 2 1. 尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。(despite) Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 2. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。(nor) Mike didn’t come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 3. 坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。(next to;by no means) The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer. 4. 他对足球不敢兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。(be indifferent to) He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses. 5. 经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。(count on) The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence. 6. 这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。(in the presence of sb.) This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience. Unit 3 1.你再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。(never too…to…)

大学英语B翻译句子

英译汉句子 1.Stay here before I get back. 答案:在我回来之前别离开。 2.The whole process required a great deal of effort, skill and a luck. 答案:整个过程需要很大的努力,需要高度的技巧,还需要运气。 3.I'll write to you as soon as I get there. 答案:我一到那儿就给你写信。 4.My classmate is much cleverer than I. 答案:我的同学比我聪明多了。 5.Look out the window it's still raining today! 答案:看窗外,今天还在下雨。 6.I knocked on his door but nobody came to answer it. 答案:我敲了他的门,但没人来开门。 7.I do want to know what really happened. 答案:我确实想知道到底发生了什么事。 8.He doesn't know what life means to him. 答案:他不知道人生的意义。 9.I was too excited to say a word in front of him. 答案:我当时太兴奋了,以至于在他面前什么也说不出来了。10.Apples here like water and sunshine. 答案:这里的苹果喜欢水和阳光。 11.Have you seen Tom recently? 答案:最近你看见汤姆了吗? 12.Life is meaningless without a purpose. 答案:没有目标的生活是毫无意义的。 13.He was too tired to go on reading. 答案:他太累了,无法再阅读了。 14.My problem is that I don't have much time to do the work. 答案:我的问题在于我没有多少时间干这工作。

新视野大学英语第三版第一册Units1-4课文翻译

目录 Unit1-奔向更加光明的未来 (1) Unit2-儿时百宝箱,老大归家梦 (2) Unit3-互联网时代的大学生活 (3) Unit4-我们身边的英雄 (4) Unit1-奔向更加光明的未来 1下午好!作为校长,我非常自豪地欢迎你们来到这所大学。你们所取得的成就是你们自己多年努力的结果,也是你们的父母和老师们多年努力的结果。在这所大学里,我们承诺将使你们学有所成。 2在欢迎你们到来的这一刻,我想起自己高中毕业时的情景,还有妈妈为我和爸爸拍的合影。妈妈吩咐我们:“姿势自然点。"等一等,爸爸说,“把我递给他闹钟的情景拍下来。“在大学期间,那个闹钟每天早晨叫醒我。至今它还放在我办公室的桌子上。 3让我来告诉你们一些你们未必预料得到的事情。你们将会怀念以前的生活习惯,怀念父母曾经提醒你们要刻苦学习、取得佳绩。你们可能因为高中生活终于结束而喜极而泣,你们的父母也可能因为终于不用再给你们洗衣服而喜极而泣!但是要记住:未来是建立在过去扎实的基础上的。 4对你们而言,接下来的四年将会是无与伦比的一段时光。在这里,你们拥有丰富的资源:有来自全国各地的有趣的学生,有学识渊博又充满爱心的老师,有综合性图书馆,有完备的运动设施,还有针对不同兴趣的学生社团一一从文科社团到理科社团、到社区服务等等。你们将自由地探索、学习新科目。你们要学着习惯点灯熬油,学着结交充满魅力的人,学着去追求新的爱好。我想鼓励你们充分利用这一特殊的经历,并用你们的干劲和热情去收获这一机会所带来的丰硕成果。 5有这么多课程可供选择,你可能会不知所措。你不可能选修所有的课程,但是要尽可能体验更多的课程!大学里有很多事情可做可学,每件事情都会为你提供不同视角来审视世界。如果我只能给你们一条选课建议的话,那就是:挑战自己!不要认为你早就了解自己对什么样的领域最感兴趣。选择一些你从未接触过的领域的课程。这样,你不仅会变得更加博学,而且更有可能发现一个你未曾想到的、能成就你未来的爱好。一个绝佳的例子就是时装设计师王薇薇。她最初学的是艺术史。随着时间的推移,王薇薇把艺术史硏究和对时装的热爱结合起来,并将其转化为对设计的热情,从而使她成为全球闻名的设计师。 6 在大学里,一下子拥有这么多新鲜体驴可能不会总是令人愉快的。在你的宿舍楼里,住在你隔壁寝室的同学可能会反复播放同一首歌,令你头痛欲裂!你可能喜欢早起,而你的室友却是个夜猫子!尽管如此,你和你的室友仍然可能成为最要好的朋友。如果有些新的经历让你感觉不那么舒心,不要担心。我保证快乐的经历会多于不快的经历。而且我保证几乎所有这些经历都会给你带来宝贵的经验教训l,从而使你的生活更加丰富多彩。所以,带着热切的目光和欢乐的心情,去拥抱这些新的体验吧! 7我们相信,你们的自我发现之旅和对爱好的寻求带给你们的将不仅仅是个人的进步。我们相信,当你们成为我们的学者群体中的一员时,你们很快就会认识

大学英语精读2第二册课后句子翻译答案1-8

Book2 Unit1 翻译 1.她砰地关上门,一声不吭地走了,他们之间那场争执就此结束。 Their argument ended when she slammed the door and left without a word. 2. 出席晚宴的客人对那个美国人威严的语气感到有点意外。 The guests at the dinner party were slightly surprised at the commanding tone of the American. 3. 约翰尼已长大成熟,不再害怕独自呆在家里了。 Johnny has outgrown the fear of staying at home alone. 4. 当全部乘客都向出口处(exit) 走去时,他却独自留在座位上,好像不愿意离开这架飞机似的。 While all the other passengers made for the exit, he alone remained in his seat as if unwilling to leave the plane. 5. 这封信必须交给威尔逊博士本人。 The letter is to be handed to Dr. Wilson himself. 6. 南希虽然很想参加辩论,但腼腆得不敢开口。 While she felt like joining in the argument, Nancy was too shy to open her mouth. 7. 你觉得什么时候最有可能在家里找到他? What do you think is the likeliest time to find him at home? 8. 猎人一看见有只狐狸从树丛中出现并向他设下(lay) 的陷阱(trap) 方向跑去,脸上顿时闪出了兴奋的表情。 The hunter’s face lit up with excitement as soon as he saw a fox emerge from among the bushes and run in the direction of / make for the trap he had laid. Book2 Unit2 翻译 1) 会上有人建议任命一个十一人委员会来制定新章程。 It was suggested at the meeting that a committee of eleven be appointed to make a new constitution. 2) 这些青年科学家通过现场观察,获得了研究工作所需的第一手资料。 By making on-the-spot observations, the young scientists obtained first-hand information they needed in their research work. 3) 他很可能会因视力不好而被拒收入伍。 It is very likely that he will be rejected by the army because of his bad eyesight. 4) 委员会成员在新机场最佳选址(location) 这一问题上持有不同意见。 The committee members have conflicting opinions as to the best location of the new airport. 5) 亨利创作的艺术品在许多方面比他兄弟的要好。 Henry's works of art are superior in many respects to those of his brother's. 6) 我们产品质量的稳步提高在很大程度上是由于设备有所改进。 The steady rise in the quality of our products owes much to the improvement of our equipment. 7) 吉姆本想按照自己的判断行事,但他没有这样做,因为作为军人他得服从命令。 Jim would have preferred to act on his own judgment, but he didn't because as a soldier he had to obey the order. 8) 如果让我来决定我们是要一个没有自行车的城市呢,还是要一个没有汽车的城市,我会毫不犹豫地选择后者。 Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a city without bikes or one without cars, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. Book2 Unit3 翻译

大学英语精读 第二册第一、二课 课文翻译

Unit1 The Dinner Party 关于男人是否比女人更勇敢的一场激烈争论以一种颇为出人意料的方式解决了 The dinner party 晚宴 1. I first heard this tale in India, where is told as if true—though any naturalist would know it couldn’t be. Later someone told me that the story appeared in a magazine shortly before the First World War. That magazine story, and the person who wrote it, I have never been able to track down. 我最初听到这个故事是在印度,那儿的人们今天讲起它来仍好像确有其事似的——尽管任何一位博物学家都知道这不可能是真的。后来有人告诉我,在第一次世界大战之前不久,一家杂志曾刊登过这个故事。但登在杂志上的那篇故事以及写那篇故事的人,我却一直未能找到。 2.The country is India.A colonial official and his wife are giving a large dinner party. They are seated with their guests—officers and their wives, and a visiting American naturalist—in their spacious dining room, which has a bare marble floor, open rafters and wide glass doors opening onto a veranda. 故事发生在印度。某殖民地官员和他的夫人正举行盛大的晚宴。筵席设在他们家宽敞的餐室里,室内大理石地板上没有铺地毯;屋顶明椽裸露;宽大的玻璃门外便是走廊。跟他们一起就坐的客人有军官和他们的夫人,另外还有一位来访的美国博物学家。 3. A spirited discussion springs up between a young girl who says that women have outgrown the jumping-on-a-chair-at-the-sight-of-a-mouse era and a major who says that they haven't. 席间,一位年轻的女士同一位少校展开了热烈的讨论。年轻的女士认为,妇女已经有所进步,不再像过去那样一见到老鼠就吓得跳到椅子上;少校则不以为然。 4. "A woman's reaction in any crisis, "the major says, "is to scream. And while a man may feel like it, he has that ounce more of control than a woman has. And that last ounce is what really counts." 他说:“一遇到危急情况,女人的反应便是尖叫。而男人虽然也可能想叫,但比起女人来,自制力却略胜一筹。这多出来的一点自制力正是真正起作用的东西。” 5. The American does not join in the argument but watches the other guests. As he looks, he sees a strange expression come over the face of the hostess. She is straight ahead, her muscles contracting slightly. She motions to the native boy standing behind her chair and whispers something to him. The boy's eyes widen:he quickly leaves the room. 那个美国人没有参加这场争论,他只是注视着在座的其他客人。在他这样观察时,他发现女主人的脸上显出一种奇异的表情。她两眼盯着正前方,脸部肌肉在微微抽搐。她向站在座椅后面的印度男仆做了个手势,对他耳语了几句。男仆两眼睁得大大的,迅速地离开了餐室。 6. Of the guests, none except the American notices this or sees the boy place a bowl of milk on the veranda just outside the open doors. 在座的客人中除了那位美国人以外谁也没注意到这一幕,也没有看到那个男仆把一碗牛奶放在紧靠门边的走廊上。 7. The American comes to with a start. In India, milk in a bowl means only one thing—bait for a snake. He realizes there must be a cobra in the room. He looks up at the rafters—the likeliest place—but they are bare. Three corners of the room are empty, and in the fourth the servants are

大学英语重点句子翻译

1.It was my ambition to have her read to me while I churned; once she granted my wish, but she read off my story before I brought her butter. 我的奢望是她念我来搅拌;有一次她满足了我的愿望,可是我要听的故事她念完了,她要的黄油我却还没弄好。 2.Yet regardless of where they came from, I cannot remember a time when I was not in love with them 不过,姑且不论书本从何而来,我不记得自己有什么时候不爱书 3.Neither of my parents had come from homes that could afford to buy many books, but though it must have been something of a strain on his salary, as the youngest officer in a young insurance company, my father was all the while carefully selecting and ordering away for what he and Mother thought we children should grow up with. 我的父母都不是来自那种买得起许多书的家庭。然而,虽然买书准得花去他不少薪金,作为一家成立不久的保险公司最年轻的职员,父亲一直在精心挑选、不断订购他和母亲认为儿童成长应读的书。4.Besides the bookcase in the living room, which was always called "the library", there were the encyclopedia tables and dictionary stand under windows in our dining room. 除了客厅里有一向被称作“图书室”的书橱,餐厅的窗子下还有几张摆放百科全书的桌子和一个字典架。 5.To both my parents I owe my early acquaintance with a beloved Mark Twain. 多亏了我的父母,我很早就接触了受人喜爱的马克?吐温。 6.It ends with not one but two morals, both engraved on rings: "Do what you ought, come what may," and "If we would be great, we must first learn to be good." 书末讲的道德寓意不是一条,而是两条,都印在环形图案里:“不管发生什么,该做的就去做”,还有“想做伟人,必须先学会做个好人”。7.This book was lacking its front cover, the back held on by strips of pasted paper, now turned golden, in several layers, and the pages stained, flecked, and tattered around the edges; its garish illustrations had come unattached but were preserved, laid in. 这本书没了封面,封底用几条纸片粘牢,有好几层,如今都泛黄了,书页上污迹斑斑,边角处都破碎了;书中花哨的插图脱了页,但都保存良好,夹在书里。 8.I live in gratitude to my parents for initiating me — as early as I begged for it, without keeping me waiting — into knowledge of the word, into reading and spelling, by way of the alphabet. 我感激父母通过认识字母对我——早在我要求之时,而没有让我等待——进行文字启蒙,教我阅读和拼写。 9.Fuelling the shift toward vegetarianism have been the health recommendations of medical research. 推动人们转向素食的是医学研究提出的关于如何 增进健康的建议。 10.We've been running the human biological engine on the wrong fuel." “我们一向利用不合适的养料来维持人类生理引 擎的运转。” 11.Earlier this month, charges were laid against a large Alberta feedlot operator for dumping 30 million litres of cattle manure into the Bow River, "killing everything in its path," as a news story described it. 本月初,阿尔伯达一家大型围栏肥育地经营者被指控将3千万升牛粪排入博河, “沿途生灵悉数被毁”,一则新闻这么报道。 12.Our environment also includes the animals killed for their meat. It has become an accepted fact that today's factory-farmed

翻译大学英语第一册全部内容

第一册Book1Unit1~Unit10 翻译答案 Unit1 翻译 1) 史密斯太太对我抱怨说,她经常发现与自己十六岁的女儿简直无法沟通。 Mrs. Smith complained to me that she often found it simply impossible to communicate with her 16-year-old daughter. 2) 我坚信,阅读简写的(simplified) 英文小说是扩大我们词汇量的一种轻松愉快的方法。 I firmly believe that reading simplified English novels is an easy and enjoyable way of enlarging our vocabulary. 3) 我认为我们在保护环境不受污染(pollution) 方面还做得不够。 I don’t think we’re doing enough to protect our environment from pollution. 4) 除了每周写作文外,我们的英语老师还给我们布置了八本书在暑假里阅读。 In addition to/Apart from writing compositions on a weekly basis, our English teacher assigned us eight books to read during the summer vacation. 5) 我们从可靠的消息来源获悉下学期一位以英语为母语的人将要教我们英语口语。 We’ve learned from reliable sources that a native English speaker is going to te ach us spoken English next term/semester. 6) 经常看英语电影不仅会提高你的听力,而且还会帮助你培养说的技能。 Seeing English movies on a regular basis will not only improve your ear, but will also help you build your speaking skills. 7) 如果你们对这些学习策略有什么问题,请随便问我。我将更详细地进行讲解。 If you have any q uestions about these learning strategies, please feel free to ask me. And I’ll explain them in greater detail. 8) 那个加拿大女孩善于抓住每个机会讲汉语。这就是她为什么三年不到就熟练地掌握了汉语口语的原因。 The Canadian girl is good at seizing every opportunity to speak Chinese. That’s why she has gained a good command of spoken Chinese in less than three years. Unit2 翻译 1) 幸好附近有家医院,我们立刻把他送到了那里。 Fortunately there was a hospital nearby and we took him there at once. 2) 胜利登上乔治岛(George Island) 后,船长向指挥部(the headquarters) 发了一份无线电报。 After succeeding in landing on George Island, the captain sent a radio message to the headquarters. 3) 他决心继续他的实验,不过这一次他将用另一种方法来做。 He is determined to continue his experiment but this time he'll do it another way. 4) 她在读这部小说时,不禁想起了她在农村度过的那五年。 When she read the novel, she couldn't help thinking of the five years she had spent in the countryside. 5) 玛丽觉得单靠自己的力量执行她的计划是困难的。 Mary thought it difficult to carry out her plan all by herself. 6) 我们认为他不能在一刻钟内走完那段距离,但他却成功地做到了这一点。 We didn't think he could cover the distance in a quarter of an hour, but he succeeded in doing it. 7) 甚至在他的医生告诉他患有肺癌之后,奇切斯特仍不肯放弃环球航行的宿愿。

大学英语2课后句子翻译

大学英语2 1) 美国人一般早早就安排好他们的退休生活。 Americans usually make plans for their retirement well in advance. 2) 他们通常被看做最有希望的歌手。 They are commonly regarded as the most promising singers. 3) 我从你的推荐人那里听说雇主曾给他们打过电话。 I' ve heard from your references that the employer had called them. 4) 请告诉我们具体时间,以便我们做好适当的准备。 Would you please inform us the exact date so that we can make proper arrangements. 5) 我们对出席派对人数的估计与实际来的人数相差了一大截。 Our estimate of how many people would show up at the party missed by a mile. 6) 只要不成为阅读负担,你的报告可以包括足够多的细节。 Your report can include enough details without being a burden to read. Page21: 6 .Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences. 1. ▲ Although invitations are usually sent through the mail, informal invitations such as e-mail and phone invitations are becoming more acceptable. (虽然邀请函通常通过信函方式发出,但目前像电子邮件、电话邀请等非正式邀请越来越被普遍使用。) ▲ Although he has only studied English for two years, he can speak it quite well now. (虽然他学习英语仅 2 年,但是他现在英语讲得相当好。 ) ▲虽然生态环境有所改善,但生态安全状况仍然严重。 ( Although the ecological environment was becoming better, the problems were still serious. )▲ 尽管天色已晚,我还是有点想出去 (Although it is late, I ' d quite like to go out. ) 2. ▲ For most formal occasions, it 's best to invite guests three or four weeks in advance. (大多数正式场合,最好提前三到四个星期发出邀请。 ) ▲ It ' s best to slice into a rich cake from the middle. (最好从中间切油腻蛋糕。 ) ▲在中午太阳光线很强的时候,你最好避免外出。 ( It ' s best to avoid going out in the strong midday sun. ) ▲如果你应邀去参加正式的聚会,你最好穿上西装,打上领带。 ( If you are invited to a formal party, it 's best to wear a suit and a tie. ) 3. ▲ A company can use any color of paper it desires, as long as it upholds and promotes the company ' s image. (公司可以选择使用自己想要的任何颜色的纸张,只要它有利于维护和提升企业的形象。 ) ▲ Your college or university will provide a report about your education as long as you continue to study there. ( 你的学院或大学将为你提供成绩报告单,只要你继续在哪里学习。) ▲只要我还有钱维持, 我就在墨西哥待下去。 ( I' ll stay in Mexico as long as my money holds on. )

全新版大学英语综合教程第二册英文翻译中文

1单元 1.Appalled by what their children spend on candy and video games(or, rather, appalled by the degree to which their children’s overspending seems to mimic their own), parents devise ways to lock up their children’s resources. 孩子们在糖果、电子游戏上的花费之大令家长们十分震惊(或者更确切地说,孩子们的超支行为似乎是在竭力仿效父母,这令家长们十分震惊),于是家长便设法把孩子们的钱存起来不让他们用。 2、Compounded, that works out to an annual rate of more than 70 cent 以复利计算,年息达到 70%以上。 3、 give them unlimited access to their funds, no questions asked, and I provide printed statements I on demand. 他们使用自己的资金我不加任何限制,不做任何询问,我还根据要求随时提供打印的账单。 4、The only way to teach kids to adopt a lo-term perspective is to give them a short-term incentive for doing so. 教育孩子们看问题要有长远目光的唯一途径,是让孩子们近期内便能尝到某种甜头,从而激励他们去那样做。 2单元 1.Only in america can a billionaire carry on like plain folks and get away with it. 只有在美国,一个亿万富翁才能像普通百姓一样,安稳地过着普普通通的日子。 2.By all accounts,he's friendly, cheerful,a fine nerghbor who does his best to blend in,never flashy,never throwing his weight around. 人人都说他为人友善,性情开朗,是个好邻居;他尽力与人们融洽相处,从不炫耀,也从不盛气凌人。 3.But one recent morning, The Richest Man in America did something that would have made headlines anywhere in the world: He forgot his money.但最近的一个早晨,美国最富有的人做的事情会有头条任何地方在世界:他忘了他的钱。 4.But just how long walton can hold firm to his folksy habits with celebrity hunters keeping following him wherever he goes is anyone’s guess. 然而,沃尔顿所到之处名人追星族紧跟不舍,他的平民习惯能保持多久,就很难说了。3单元 1.“I made some comment about him, I don’t remember exactly what, but I got the typical teenager guttural sigh and Katie rolled her eyes at me as if to say, ‘Oh Dad, you are so out of it.’” “我做了一些关于他的评论,我不记得什么,但我得到了典型的少年的喉 音叹息和凯蒂推出了她的眼睛,我仿佛在说,'哦,爸爸,你是如此的出 它。” 2.As telephones became ubiquitous inthe last century, users— adults and teenagers alike—found a form of privacy and easy communication unknown to Alexander Graham Bell or his daughters. 上个世纪电话到处普及的时候,电话使用人——打人孩子都一样——发现 了一种私密空间和简便的交流方式,这是亚历山大格兰姆贝尔和他的女 儿们始料未及的 3.Baby boomers who warned decades ago that their out-of-touch parents couldn’t be trusted now sometimes find themselves raising children who—thanks to the Internet and the cellphone—consider Mom and Dad to be clueless,too. 婴儿潮重诞生的人几十年前曾警告说, 他们的父母脱离现实,不能信任。现在他们自己也有了孩子,这些孩子 由于互联网和手机的缘故,也认为爸妈一无所知。” 4.I could have them in the same room texting, or I wouldn’t let them text and they would leave,”says Mr.Pence of his children. “They are good kids, but you want to know what they are up to. “我要么让他们呆在同一间屋里发短信,要么不让他们发短信而他们就走 开。”潘斯先生这样说他的孩子们。“他们是孩子,但是父母还是想知道 他们在干些啥。”研究表明,笑能够带来许多健康上的好处。 4单元 1.It is the sound of the only lasting disagreement in a household that is otherwise peaceful. 这是一个原本安宁的家庭中 唯一持续不去的不和谐音。 2.It leads to intimacy before acquaintance; it scatters secrets outwards, not inwards; and, most worrying of all, it is a vehicle for liars. 它使人们还未相识就已接近;它不能保守秘密反而扩散秘密; 而最令人担心的是,它是撒谎人传播谎言的工具 3.I said, trying to be reasonable but altogether succeeding, that in and among the thing they “tell”each other on the tap-tap, a tendency to murder might just have been overlooked, might it not? 我说,他们啪嗒啪嗒“讲给”互相听的事情中,杀人的倾 向或许就被这忽略了,难道这不可能吗?我说这话时尽量想做到通情达 理,但不完全成功。 4.Needless to say, it is a new version of the old tale of innocents calling forth evil forces they cannot control, this time in the form of a visitor with the ever-handy axe packed in his luggage. 不用说,这又是一些无辜的人引出了邪恶的力量却又不能控制 的老故事的翻版,这一次的邪恶力量是以一位来客的面貌出现,但行囊 中却藏着斧头,随时可以拿出来杀人。 5单元 I felt that if the day arrived when I was unable to lift one foot up one step and then drag the other painfully after it---repeating the process 14 times until,utterly spent,I would be through---I could then admit defeat and lie down and die. 我觉得如果有一天我无法再抬起一只脚迈上一个台阶,再痛苦地拖起另一 只脚——将这个过程重复14 遍,直到精疲力竭爬上去——到那时候我 就会服输并躺下死去。I believed that in this whole world I alone had been chosen to suffer. 我认为在这整个世界里,就我一个人被选 中去受苦受难。In the next few forzen seconds the shame and horror of that moment penetrated,and I was sick with an intensity I had never felt before. 刹那间,时间凝固了,我感到万分 的羞愧和震惊。我从来没有这么难受过。I realized that I was filled to overflowing with self-pity,selfishness,and indifference to the needs of others. 我意识到我的自艾自怜、自私,以及对他人需求的冷 漠,已到了无可复加的地步。他这人话不多,但要说玩电脑那他就太机 灵了,同学们都不是他的对手。 6单元 1.The thought of answering other people’s telephones,typing other people’s work and watching other people take credit for my ideas and opinions would throw me into week-long bouts of depression. 每当我想起给别人回电话、打字,看到我出的主意和见解 却让别人去受益时,常常整个星期都会闷闷不乐。 2.How long could I live like this?Certainly not until I retired. 这 样的生活我能维持多久?肯定不会到我退休之时。 3.I steeled myself to travel the road that would lesd me to a better understanding of who I was and of what I wanted out of life. 我坚定地走下去,这条路将使我更好地了解自己,更好地认清自己 生活的目的。 4.And it’s not so much the results of the action that have reshaped me(although that’s important,too)as it is the realization that I have within myself what it takes to do what I set out to do. 此外,给我带来新的生活的,与其说是自己努力取得的 结果(虽然这也很重要),不如说是由于意识到自己具有潜在的能力可以 做自己想做的事。自从新政策生效之后,很多小企业在这个城市涌现出 来。 7单元 1.It is unparalleled in several ways: by the increasing number of users of the language; by its depth of penetration into societies; by its range of functions. 这一过程在几个方面都有前所 未有的:英语使用人数的增加,英语在不同社会渗透的深度,以及英语功 用的广度。 2.What began some 1,500 years ago as a crude language, originally spoken by little known German tribes who invaded England, now covers the globe. 大约1500 年前,英语还只是那些 入侵英格兰的鲜为人知的日耳曼部落使用的一种粗俗的语言,如今它却遍 及全球。 3.With this technical and scientific dominance came the beginning of overall dominance by the language, first in Europe and then globally. 随着它在科技领域主导地位的确立,英语先是在欧 洲,继而在全球开始取得全面的主导地位。 4.While languages such as English, German, and French have been international languages because of their governments' political power, this is less likely to be the case in the 21st century where economics and shifts in population will have more influence on languages. 虽然英语、德语和法语这些语言曾经 凭着各自政府的政治力量而成为国际语言,这种情况在经济和人口变化 对语言的影响更大的21 世纪不太可能发生。 请浏览后下载,资料供参考,期待您的好评与关注!

相关主题