搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 新编大学基础英语综合教程2翻译

新编大学基础英语综合教程2翻译

Unit1

1.London is a very cosmopolitan city伦敦是个非常国际化的大城市。

2. Her mother grew up in the hectic urbon environment.她的母亲是在一种喧嚣的都市环境中长大的。

3 .New York is supposed to be very touristy.纽约被认为是一个充满旅游特色的城市。

4 .The city where I lived a few years ago was dynamic one.我几年前住过的那个城市是一个充满活力的城市。

5. The train was crowded.那班火车非常拥挤。

6. The English often drink tea.英国人经常喝茶。

7 .The earth moves around the sun.地球围绕太阳转。

8 .Last year, I often went to the library of that university.去年我常去那所大学的图书馆。

9 .He left ten minutes ago.他十分钟前离开了。

10. Where did you go last night.昨晚你去哪里了?

11. Who phoned last night?昨晚是谁打的电话?

12 .What happened last night?昨晚发生了什么事情?

13. What does your brother do?你的哥哥是做什么的?

14. Whom is he talking with?他正在与谁说话?

15. When did they leave?他们是什么时候离开的?

Unit2

16. Nowadays young people like to surf the net to get all kinds of information.现在的年轻人都喜欢上网冲浪,获取各种信息。

17 .The Internet is a good place where people can chat and exchange ideas.网络是一个大家可以聊天交流的好地方。

18 .These days I’ve been looking for materials for my paper.这些天来,我一直都在为我的论文寻找资料。

19. Every year, people organize various activities to celebrate New Year’s Day.每年人们都举行各种活动庆祝元旦。

20. He does everything on his own.他每件事情都要自己独立做。

21. As I was walking down the stress, I met Cathy.我正在大街上漫步时遇见了凯西。

22.My uncle arrived while we were having dinner.我们正在吃饭时,叔叔来了。

23. While he was reading the letter, he heard a knock at the door.当他在看信时突然听到有人敲门。

24 .I was watering the garden when it began to rain当我在花园里浇水时,天开始下起雨来。

25 .We were having a party when the light went out.我们正在聚会时,灯熄灭了。

26. I used to collect stamps when I was a child.当我还是个孩子时,我就常搜集邮票。

27 .People used to go to work by buss, but now many people drive to work.过去人们通常是坐公共汽车去上班。现在很多人自己开车去。

28. I used to write to contact my friends. But now I am lazy and only make a call occasionally.过去我常通过写信和朋友联系,但现在懒了,只是偶尔打打电话而已。

29 . My hometown used to a beautiful place. But now it is heavily air-polluted.我的家乡曾经是个美丽的地方,但现在空气污染很严重。

30 . I hardly recognized him when I saw him. He used to be heavy-weighted.看见他时,我差点没认出来。他以前很胖。

31. Mike is said to be the most intelligent student in our class.据说迈克是我们班上最聪明的学生。

32. She works as a secretary in this company.她在这家公司当秘书。

33. The film tells the ups and downs of a big family.这部电影讲述了一个大家族的兴衰。

34. I’m afraid other kids will laugh at me.恐怕别的孩子会嘲笑我。

35 . We eat out more often than we used to.我们比过去更经常出去吃饭。

Unit3

36.I haven’t written to him for a long time.我好久没有给他写信了。

37.He came back three days ago.他回来三天了。

38.Tom has already started his job.汤姆已经开始工作了。

39.My mother often took me to visit my grandpa when he was alive.我爷爷还在世时,我妈妈常带我去看他。

40.I have read the book for several times. I first read it during the summer holidays last year.我把那本书读过几遍了。我是去年暑假开始第一次读它的。

41.He specialize in chemistry.他专攻化学。

42.They were in favor of the Domocratic candidate for presidency.他们支持民主党总统候选人。

43.What are the qualifications for a pilot?当一名飞行员要具备哪些条件?

44.I found her to be a reliable witness.我发现她是一个可靠的证人。

45.We need a foreign policy that is more flexible.我们需要更有弹性的外交政策。

46.We have been friends for ages.我们是多年的老朋友了。

47.I haven’t heard from him since 2000.2000年后我就没有收到过他的来信了。

48.He’s been in bed since he broke his leg.自从他摔伤了腿,他就一直躺在床上。

49.My father has been a Party member for fifty years.我父亲入党五十年了。

50.We have lived in this street for a long time.我们在这条街上住了很长时间了。

51.Have you done your homework yet?你已经完成作业了吗?

52.He hasn’t finished reading the book yet.他还没有看完这本书。

53.It’s only 11 o’clock and they have already had lunch.现在才11点,他们已经吃过午饭了。

54.Have you packed the camera yet?——你装好照相机了吗?

55.Yes, I’ve already put it in my suitcase.——是的,我已经把它放入旅行箱了。

56.Many young people are still on the dole.许多年轻人仍在接受失业救济。

57.More than 30 people applied for the position.有30多个人申请这个职位。

58.They used to work more than ten hours a day.他们过去常常每天工作十个小时以上。

59.My doctor advices me to give up smoking.我的医生劝我戒烟。

60.I set up my own business after graduation.毕业后我就开办了自己的公司。

Unit4

61.In 1970, China successfully launch a man made satellite.1970年,中国成功地发射了一颗人造卫星。

62.The first factory came out in 1860.第一家工厂1860年开业。

63.He working in a private enterprise.他在一家私人企业工作。

64.Can you come along with us tomorrow.你明天能和我们一起去吗?

65.Almost one out of six of students took part in party yesterday. 昨天几乎有六分之一的学生参加了聚会。

66.I can lift this stone.我能举起这块石头。

67.We have to put on warm clothing in winter.冬天的时候我们得穿暖和的衣服。

68.Students mustn’t eat in class.学生不得在课堂上吃东西。

69.We can’t live without air.没有空气我们就不能活。

7o.She doesn’t have to take a morning shower everyday.她没有必要每天早上都洗淋浴。

71.He couldn’t help showing off on the tennis court.他禁不住要在网球场上表现一番。

72.The red lines on the map represent railways.地图上的红线代表地铁。

73.These pictures remind me of my childhood.这些图片让我想起了我的童年。

74.Don’t refer to this matter again, please.请不要再提这件事了。

75.It was very difficult to leave a business we had invested so such in.撇开我们投资巨大的生意是非常困难的。

Unit5

76.It’ll rain tomorrow.明天会下雨。

77.I’ll have a while coffee and toast.我要一杯加奶咖啡和吐司。

78.You won’t find a ticket for the match.你不会搞到看比赛的票的。

79.I’ll phone her now.我现在就给她打电话。

80.She’ll love the campsite.她会喜欢那个野营地的。

81.Congratulations on winning the match.祝贺你赢得了这场比赛!

82.Have you ever seen the beautiful views of the West Lake?你看过西湖的美景吗?

83.You can go into this building and explore it by yourself.你可以亲自进到这栋楼里探个究竟。

84.On our way back, we met M r﹒Smith.在回来的路上,我们遇到了史密斯先生

85.After a relaxing summer, we’ve come back to school now.过了一个轻松的夏天,我们现在又回到学校上课了。

86.Parents agree that computer games only do harm to children.家长们都认为,电脑游戏对孩子有害无益。

87.He follows a unique pattern in his drawings.他作画具有自己的独特风格。

88.It began to rain last night and lasted until this afternoon.大雨昨晚开始下,一直持续到今天下午。

89.They are all typical of Hollywood movies.这些都是典型的好莱坞电影。

90.He wants to gain some work experience during the vacation.他想利用假期积累一些工作经验。

91.I’m going to study abroad next year.我打算明年出国学习。

92.My parents will be lonely without me.我不在,我父母会孤单的。

93.Don’t go out. It’s going to rain.别出去了,天要下雨了。

94.Don’t worry. I’ll be back right now.别着急,我马上就回来。

95.I’m taking the bus to school right now.我马上就要乘公共汽车回学校。

96.Mary might be ill.玛丽也许生病了。

97.She might come soon.她也许很快就会来的。

98.Peter might be playing basketball.彼德可能正在打篮球。

99.They might be busy getting ready for their trip.他们也许在忙于准备外出旅行。

100.He might not know about it.他可能不知道那件事情。

101.I’m very glad to hear from my sister. There is a photo attach to the letter.我很高兴收到了姐姐的来信,信里附了一张相片。

102.We went surfing yesterday and it was really exciting.、昨天我们去冲浪了,真刺激!

103.You need to cross the street to find the post office.你要穿过街道才能找到邮局。

104.Dad promised to bring me back a scarf when he came back.爸爸答应回来时会给我带一条围巾。

105.The exotic theory has produced great impact on him.那种外来的理论对他影响很大。

Unit6

106.You’ve always been obsessed with making money.你总是一门心思在赚钱。107.Jack is an amazing director.杰克是一个了不起的导演。

108.Patients are advised to cut down on their consumption of alcohol.建议病人减少饮酒量。

109.You should not be addicted to computer games.你不应该沉溺于电脑游戏。

110.Do you have any proof that this man stole your bag?你有证据证明这个人偷了你的包吗?

111.She is as beautiful as her sister,她和她姐姐一样漂亮。

112.This lesson is more difficult than that one.这一课比那一课更难。

113.Tom is not as handsome as Jack.汤姆不如杰克英俊。

114.A shower uses less water than a bath.淋浴用水比盆浴少。

115.Jane is the best singer in her class.简在她的班里歌唱得最好。

116.If I see David, I will tell him.如果我看见大卫,我会告诉他。

117.If you study hard, you will pass the exam.如果你学习在努力些,你的考试就会及格。

118.If it’s sunny tomorrow, we will go to the park.如果明天阳光明媚,我们就去公园。

119.If you eat an apple everyday, you will probably be healthier.如果你每天吃一个苹果,你也许就会更健康。

120.If you cook the supper, I will wash the bowles.如果你做晚饭,我就洗碗。

Unit7

1.我想他会借钱给你的。I suppose (that) he will lend you some money.

2.我猜想她会习惯在美国的生活。 I guess she will get used to the life in America.

3.我猜想他们不可能按时到达。I guess they can’t come on time.

4.我猜想我们的篮球队会赢。I guess our basketball team will win the game.

5.我想那些水涝灾区无家可归的人会得到政府的帮助。I suppose that the homeless people in the flooded area will get help from the government.

1. 大量的金钱投入到股市中去。(invest) A lot of money is invested in the stock market.

2. 这些时装是由我们公司生产的。(make)These fashionable garments are made in our company.

3. 我们的学校成立于1957年。(found)Our school was founded in 1957.

4.这种式样已经过时了。(go / be out of fashion)This pattern is out of fashion.

5.电脑用电占了这个国家商业用电的5%。(account for)The electricity used by computers accounts for 5% of the country’s commercial consumption.

1.—你打算今天付房租吗?—不,我已经付过了。— Are you going to pay the rent today? — No. I have already done it.

2.—史密斯先生在办公室吗?—不,他刚下班了。— Is Mr. Smith in his office? — No. He has just come off work.

3.—请记住离开前关好门窗。—不用担心,我已经把所有的门窗都关好。

— Please remember to close the windows before you leave.

—Don’t worry. I have already closed all of them.

4.—能借点钱给我吗?—不起,我刚刚把我所有的钱都花光了。— Can you lend me some money? — No, I am sorry. I have just spent all of mine.

5.—你想买这条牛仔裤,对不对?—不,我刚刚买了一条。— You like to buy this pair of jeans, don’t you? — No. I have just bought one.

Unit8

1.我到达的时候她已经等了15分钟了。She had waited for fifteen minutes when I arrived.

2.他把工作结束后才睡觉。 He didn’t go to bed until he had finished his work.

3.我昨天得知他妈妈已经出国了。 I learnt yesterday that his mother had gone abroad.

4.飞机起飞时我们甚至还没赶到机场。We hadn’t even arrived at the airport when the plane took off.

5.到我开始读大学时,我已经搬进了自己的公寓。 By the time I started college, I had moved into my own apartment.

1.那位老太太从头到脚地看着他.The old lady was looking at him from head to foot.

2.我要观察他的一切活动。 I want to watch everything he does.

3.我突然看见天花板上有个蜘蛛。I suddenly saw a spider on the ceiling.

4.要是你把眼睛闭上还能看见什么呢? What can you see if you shut your eyes?

5.星期天上午我通常看足球赛。I usually spend Sunday morning watching a football game.

1.我得承认我对经济学所知甚少。(admit)I have to admit I know very little about economics.

2.这学期他的写作有了很大进步。(improve)His writing has improved greatly this semester.

3.邻居们的闲言碎语让她吃了不少苦头。(suffer from)She suffered from the gossip of her neighbors.

4.车祸中没有人受伤。(injure)No one was injured in the car accident.

5.不要让你的皮肤在太阳底下暴露太久。(expose)Don’t expose your skin to the sun for too long.

1 .抢劫犯是昨天被抓获的。The robber was arrested yesterday.

2 .那些信是一位名作家写的。The letters were written by a famous writer.

3.该组织成立于2000年。The organization was founded in the year of 2000.

4.这台机器是上世纪德国制造的。 This machine was made in Germany last century.

5.上学期李教授是他们的老师。They were taught by Prof. Li last term.

1.他的身份证揭示了她的年龄。(reveal)Her ID card reveals her age.

2.分手后她一直说她前男友的闲话。(gossip about)She had always been gossiping about her ex-boyfriend since they split up.

3.他喜欢取笑她走路的样子。(make fun of)He liked to make fun of the way she walked.

4.他老在这儿,你怎么受得了呢?(stand)How do you stand him being here all the time?

5.我们对他的成就感到惊讶。(be surprised at)We were surprised at his achievements.

Unit9

1. 教师们需要利用新技术来改变教学方法(technology)Teachers need to change the way they teach by using new technology.

2. 他认为玩网络游戏太多会使孩子们不能专心学习。(concentrate)

He believes that playing online games too much makes children unable to concentrate on their study.

3.许多成年人都请孩子们教他们使用电子产品。(electronic gadget)

A lot of grownups ask children to teach them to use electronic gadgets.

4. 她担心病毒会损坏计算机里的信息。 (be worried about)

She is worried about viruses which will damage the information in the computer.

5. 麦克有一部内置MP4播放器的手机。(built-in)Mike has a mobile phone with

a built-in MP4 player.

1. 如果我真的把手机落在家里了, 就会回去取了。(leave)If I left my mobile phone at home, I would go back for it.

2. 他要是真的了解情况, 他就告诉我了。(let me know)If he knew about it, he would let me know.

3. 我要不是受了伤, 就去观看运动会了。 (the sports meet)If I were not injured, I would go to watch the sports meet.

4. 我如果不是很忙, 就会用数码相机拍些照片了。(digital)

If I were not very busy, I would have some photographs taken with a digital camera.

5.他如果收到的信息太多, 就会很急躁的。(irritate)

If he received too many text messages, he would be irritated.

1. 上个月, 她告诉我说她再也不去那里了。Last month, she told me that she wouldn’t go there any more.

2. 那位老人说他从小就学英语。The old man said he had studied English since boyhood.

3. 她说她小时候每天6点钟起床上学。She said that she got up to go to school at six each day when she was young.

4. 他说在英语演讲竞赛中他获得第一名。He said he had won the first place in the English speech contest.

5.他说到中学毕业时,他大约学到了3000个英语单词 He said he had learnt three thousand English words by the end of middle school.

Unit10

1.你英语讲的很好 You speak English very well.

2.我每天很早起床。I get up very early everyday.

3.我们通常一周去购物一次。We usually do shopping once a week.

4.他被深深地感动了。He is deeply moved.

5.请写得慢一些,仔细一些。Please write slowly and carefully.

1.在纽约,每五个人里就有一个人在家里说西班牙语。(one in five) In New York City, one in five people speaks Spanish at home

2.他把它视为西班牙语正在被摧残的信号。He sees it as a sigh that the Spanish language is being destroyed.

3.有些人正抵制这种新的风尚。(fight against) Some people are fighting against this new style.

4.越来越多的人支持这种新的语言变化。More and more people are in favour of this new change in language.

5.这是两种语言和文化之间的对话。(dialogue) It is a dialogue between two languages and cultures.

1.在未来的几百年间,世界上一半的语言将会消亡。(extinct)

Half of the languages in the world will become extinct within the next hundred years.

2.造成移民的原因也许是战争、灾难或寻求工作。(because of)

Migration could be because of war, disaster or the search for work.

3.在商业、电影、音乐和互联网上,某些语言成了主要的全球性语言。(major, global)

Some languages have become the major global languages in business, films, music, and the Internet.

4.世界上最通用的一些母语占主导就会引起较小语言的消失。(die out)

The dominance of the world’s most common native languages causes smaller languages to die out.

5.一种语言消亡,它的文化也随之消失。( lost )

When a language dies, many of the traditions of the speakers are lost, too.

1. 我在报上看到了一些你会感兴趣的东西。I read something in the newspaper that you may be interested in.

2. 这是我们上个月买的那幢房子。This is the house that / which we bought last month.

3. 你不是我原先所想的那种人。You are not the kind who I thought you were.

4.他就是我昨天见的那个人。He is the man who/that I saw yesterday.

5.我不认识写这篇文章的那个人。I do not know the man who /that wrote the article.

1.每天学习相同的内容却没有进步你不厌倦吗? (tired of)

Aren’t you tired of learning the same thing again and again but with little progress?

2.几位顶尖的科学家和教师研发了新技术来帮助人们学习英语。(top)

A few top scientists and teachers have developed new technology to help people with their English learning.

3.我们保证在六个月内你可以用英语进行简单对话。(guarantee)

We guarantee that you will be able to have a simple conversation in English in just six months.

4.老师不必总是矫正学生的错误。(correct)Teachers do not always need to correct students’ mistakes.

5.学完了课程,他却没能够拿到证书。(fail to)He failed to get the certificate when he finished the course.

Unit11

1. 我喜欢上面穿夹克打领带,而不喜欢穿T恤。(on top)

I like a jacket and tie on top instead of a T-shirt.

2. 她有一个装满时尚杂志的箱子。(full of)

She has a box full of fashionable magazines.

3. 那件白色的大衣值得买。(worth V-ing)

The white coat is worth buying.

4. 我更喜欢去二手店。(prefer)

I prefer going to second-hand shops.

5.他在减价期间买了几样不错的便宜货。(bargain)

He picked up a few good bargains in the sale.

1. 我喜欢穿休闲的衣服。

I like wearing casual clothes.

2. 走路是很好的运动。

Walking is good exercise.

3. 和你谈话很愉快。

It’s nice talking to you.

4. 他喜欢和你去钓鱼。

He enjoys going fishing with you.

5. 你穿上新衣服显得很帅。

You look very smart in your new suit.

1.一件白色的新皮夹克

a new white leather jacket

2.一条黑色的长皮带

a long black leather belt

3.一块非常时尚的金表

a very fashionable gold watch

4.那个女孩粉红色的小脸

the girl’s small pink face

5.一件漂亮的紫色真丝连衣裙

a pretty purple silk dress

1.听到这个消息她很高兴。

She is very glad to hear the news.

2.我计划明天离开这里。

I plan to leave here tomorrow.

3.在那里你可以学习打字。

You can learn how to type there.

4. 我发现与人交流很难。

I find it difficult to talk with people.

5. 你需要更开心些。

You need to be happier.

Unit 12

1.他们必须离开,没有选择的余地。(alternative)

They had to leave: there was no alternative.

2.这条新路解决了村民们长久以来的需要。(meet one’s need)

This new road meets the villagers’ long-felt need.

3.这位秘书既有能力,工作效率又高。(efficient)

The secretary is both competent and efficient.

4.他现在不住在这儿,但从前是住在这里的。(used to)

He doesn’t live here now, but he used to.

5.这正是最困扰我的事情。(bother)

That’s what bothers me most.

1. 我认识的那个日本人工作很勤奋。

The Japanese I know works very hard.

2. 多锻炼有益健康。

Doing more exercise is good for health.

3. 窗户全用木板覆盖上了。

The windows are all covered with boards.

4. 桂林是她去过的最美丽的地方。

Guilin is the most beautiful place she has ever been to.

5. 月球上有生命吗?

Is there any life on the moon?

1. 他们抗议这里的环境差。(protest about)

They protested about the poor environment here.

2. 我厌烦了每天做同样的事。(get bored of)

I got bored of doing the same thing every day.

3.抽烟会对我们的健康有很大的危害。(do harm to)

Smoking will do a lot of harm to our health.

4.她很感激老师给她这么大的帮助。(be grateful to somebody for …)

She’s very grateful to her teacher for helping her so much.

5.实验终于取得了成功。(succeed, in the end)

The experiment succeeded in the end.

1. 这是我听过的最令人激动的故事。(exciting)

This is the most exciting story I’ve ever heard.

2. 亨利要去巴黎,他妹妹也要去。(as well)

Henry is going to Paris, and his younger sister is going as well. 3. 萨拉很烦恼,因为彼得又在说谎了。(annoy)

Sarah was annoyed because Peter was telling lies again.

4. 大多数年轻人更喜欢住在热闹的城市里。(prefer)

Most young people prefer to live in the busy city.

5. 它太重了,我自己拿不动。( on one’s own)

I can’t carry it on my own; it’s too heavy.

1. 这老妇人现在肯定有七十多岁了。

The old woman must be over seventy now.

2. 坏事也可能变成好事。

A bad thing might/could/may be turned into a good one.

3. 他现在肯定不在家。

He can’t be at home now.

4. 我下次再也不会迟到了。

I won’t be late again.

5. 据天气预报说,明天会有雨。

According to the weather report, it will rain tomorrow.

1. 这间教室很大, 可以容纳多达一百名学生。(so…that…)

This classroom is so big that it can hold as many as 100 students.

2. 这种酒是用葡萄酿制的。(be made from )

The wine is made from grapes.

3. 战士们奋力战斗来保卫国家免遭攻击。(protect …against)

The soldiers fought hard to protect the country against attack.

4. 球赛是否进行要视天气而定。(depend on)

Whether the game will be played depends on the weather.

5. 最好的货品往往价格最昂贵。(cost)

The best goods usually cost most.

新编大学基础英语综合教程2翻译

Unit1 is a very cosmopolitan city伦敦是个非常国际化的大城市。 2. Her mother grew up in the hectic urbon environment.她的母亲是在一种喧嚣的都市环境中长大的。 3 .New York is supposed to be very touristy.纽约被认为是一个充满旅游特色的城市。 4 .The city where I lived a few years ago was dynamic one.我几年前住过的那个城市是一个充满活力的城市。 5. The train was crowded.那班火车非常拥挤。 6. The English often drink tea.英国人经常喝茶。 7 .The earth moves around the sun.地球围绕太阳转。 8 .Last year, I often went to the library of that university.去年我常去那所大学的图书馆。 9 .He left ten minutes ago.他十分钟前离开了。 10. Where did you go last night.昨晚你去哪里了 11. Who phoned last night昨晚是谁打的电话 12 .What happened last night昨晚发生了什么事情 13. What does your brother do你的哥哥是做什么的 14. Whom is he talking with他正在与谁说话 15. When did they leave他们是什么时候离开的 Unit2 16. Nowadays young people like to surf the net to get all kinds of information.现在的年轻人都喜欢上网冲浪,获取各种信息。 17 .The Internet is a good place where people can chat and exchange ideas.网络是一个大家可以聊天交流的好地方。 18 .These days I’ve been looking for materials for my paper.这些天来,我一直都在为我的论文寻找资料。 19. Every year, people organize various activities to celebrate New Year’s Day.每年人们都举行各种活动庆祝元旦。

新编大学生基础英语综合教程第二册翻译题答案

1、伦敦是个非常国际化的大城市. London is a very cosmopolitan city. 2、她的母亲是在一个喧嚣的都市环境中长大的。 Her mother grew up in a hectic urban environment. 3、纽约被认为是一个充满旅游特色的城市。New York is thought of as a touristy city. 4、我几年前住过的那个城市是一个充满活力的城市。 The city where I lived a few years ago was a dynamic one. 5、那班火车非常拥挤。The train was very crowded. 6、英国人经常喝茶。The English / British often drink tea. 7、地球围绕太阳转。The earth moves round the sun. 8、去年我常去那些大学的图书馆。 Last year,I often went to the library of that university. 9、他十分钟前离开了。He left ten minute ago. 10、昨晚你去哪里了?Where did you go last night? 11、昨晚是谁打的电话? Who phoned / called last night? 12、昨晚发生了什么事情? What happened last night ? 13、你的哥哥是做什么 的? What does your brother do? 14、他正在与谁说话? Who is he talking with? 15、他们是什么时候离 开的? When did they leave? 16、现在的年轻人都喜 欢上网冲浪,获取各种 信息。 Nowadays,young people like to surf the net to get all kinds of information. 17、网络是一个大家可 以聊天交流的好地方。 The Internet is a good place where people can chat and exchange ideas. 18、这些天来,我一直 都在为我的论文寻找资 料。 These days I've been looking for materials for my paper. 19、每年人们都举行各 种活动庆祝元旦。 Every year,people organize various activities to celebrate New Year's Day. 20、他每件事情都有自 己独立做。 He does everything on his own. 21、我正在大街上漫步 时遇到了凯西。 As I was walking down the street ,I met Cathy. 22、我们正在吃饭时, 叔叔来了。 My uncle arrived while we were having dinner. 23、当他在看信时突然 听到有人敲门。 While he was reading the letter,he heard a knock at the door. 24、当我在花园里浇水 时,天开始下起雨来。 I was watering the garden when it began to rain. 25、我们正在聚会时, 灯熄灭了。 We were having a party when the lights went out. 26、当我还是个孩子时, 我就常收集邮票。 I used to collect stamps when I was a child. 27、过去人们通常是坐 公交汽车去上班。现在 很多人自己开车去。 People used to go by bus , but now many people drive to work. 28、过去我长期玩通过 写信和朋友联系,但现 在懒了,只是偶尔打打 电话而已。 I used to write to contact my friends, but now I am lazy and only make a call. 29、我的家乡曾经是个 美丽的地方,但现在空 气污染很严重。 My hometown used to a beautiful place, but now it is heavily air-polluted. 30、看见他时,我差点 没认出来。他以前很胖。 I hardly recognized him, when I saw him ,he used

新标准大学英语综合教程2 课文翻译

Unit 1 4 Translate the sentences into Chinese. 1 On university campuses in Europe, mass socialist or communist movements gave rise to increasingly violent clashes between the establishment and the college students, with their new and passionate commitment to freedom and justice. (with their … and justice 部分最好提前,即先说学生的状况,再说学生 与当权者的冲突。)在欧洲的大学校园里,大学生以新的姿态和激情地投入到自由和正义的事业中去,大规模的社会主义或共产主义运动引发了他们与当权者之间日益升级的暴力冲突。 2 These days political, social and creative awakening seems to happen not because of college, but in spiteof it. Of course, it’s true that higher education is still important. For example, in the UK, Prime MinisterBlair was close to achieving his aim of getting 50 per cent of all under thirties into college by 2010 (eventhough a cynic would say that this was to keep them off the unemployment statistics). 现在,政治、社会和创造意识的觉醒似乎不是凭借大学的助力,而是冲破其阻力才发生的。当然,一点不假,高等教育仍然重要。例如,在英国,布莱尔首相几乎实现了到2010 年让50%的30 岁以下的人上大学的目标,(即使愤世嫉俗的人会说,这是要把他们排除在失业统计数据之外)。 3 I never hoped to understand the nature of my generation or how American colleges are changing by going to Lit Theory classes. This is the class where you look cool, a bit sleepy from too many late nights and wearing a T-shirt with some ironic comment such as “Been there, done that and yes, this IS the T-shirt”.(第二句的主句是强调句式,汉译应在句法上稍做变通,以求类似强调语义的效果。a bit 以后的内容是进一步说明如何look cool 的,汉译可加破折号表明关系。)我从没指望通过上文学理论课来了解我这一代人的特征,或了解美国大学是如何在变化的。这门课是让你在课堂上扮酷的——带着一丝熬夜太多的困劲儿,穿着一件T 恤衫,上面印着“去过那儿,干过那事儿,对,这就是那件T 恤衫”,或诸如此类带有讥讽意味的俏皮话。 4 We’re a generation that comes from what has been called the short century (1914-1989), at the end of a century of war and revolution which changed civilizations, overthrew repressive governments, and left us with extraordinary opportunities and privilege, more than any generation before. (由which引导的从句比较难处理。可以在at the end of the century of war and revolution 处拆句。前半部分讲“我们”所处的年代,后半部分讲这个世纪的特点。)我们这一代人来自所谓的短世纪(1914-1989),生于其末尾。这个世纪 充满了战争和革命,它改变了人类文明,推翻了强权政府,给我们留下了非同寻常的机会和特权,我们所得到的机会与特权比从前任何一代人都要多。 5 Translate the sentences into English. 1 政府采取的一系列措施不但没有化解矛盾,反倒激起更多的暴力冲突。反对党联合工会发动了一次大罢工,最终导致政府的垮台。(give rise to; form an alliance with; launch;bring about) Instead of resolving contradictions, the series of measures taken by the government gave rise to more violent clashes. The Opposition formed an alliance with the trade unions and launched a general strike, which ultimately brought about the downfall of the government. 2 如今,大学与现实世界的距离越来越小,学生也变得越来越实际。从前,大学是一个象牙塔,学者追求的是学问本身而不是把学问作为达到目的的手段,但这样的时代已经一去不复返了。(shrink;gone are the days; a means to an end) Nowadays, the gap between the university and the real world is shrinking and the students are becoming more and more practical. Gone are the days when the university was an ivory tower in which scholars pursued knowledge as an end rather than a means to an end. 3 我从未指望靠上课来学好这门课。但我确实去听课,因为在课上我能了解这门课的重点,学会如何组织材料、如何推理。(hope; by doing …; the place where)

全新版大学英语综合教程2课文翻译及课后答案(全)

全新版大学英语综合教程2课文翻译及课后 答案(全) 全新版大学英语综合教程2课文翻译及课后答案(全) 课文翻译 Lesson 1 Friendship Friendship is one of life's most important treasures. Friends bring us joy, support, and understanding. They are there for us in good times and bad, and they help us grow and become better individuals. In this lesson, we are introduced to the concept of friendship through the story of Damon and Pythias. Damon and Pythias were two loyal friends who lived in ancient Greece. When Pythias was accused of plotting against the tyrant Dionysius, he was sentenced to death. However, Damon offered himself as a hostage so that Pythias could go home and say goodbye to his family. Dionysius was skeptical of Damon's loyalty and gave him a deadline. If Pythias did not return by the appointed time, Damon would be executed in his place. Despite the risk, Pythias returned just in time to save his friend's life. The tyrant was so moved by their friendship that he released Pythias and allowed the two friends to continue their bond. The story of Damon and Pythias teaches us about the importance of loyalty and sacrifice in friendships. True friends are willing to go to great lengths to help and support each other. They are selfless and put the well-being of their friends above their own.

新目标大学英语综合教程2翻译

综合教程2课后翻译 UNIT1 1)爱人者有仁爱之心,自爱,爱亲人以及他人。(a loving person,who) A loving person is a person who is kind-hearted, loves himself, loves his family and all the other people. 2)所谓“和而不同”,是指君子之间保持相互尊重、和谐、友爱的关(harmony but not sameness, gentleman) “Harmony but not sameness” means that a gentleman keeps mutually respectful, harmonious and friendly relations with other people. 3)中国人庆祝春节与西方人过圣诞的方式基本相同,大量购物,互赠礼物,大快朵颐。(in much the same way that) The Chinese people observe the Spring Festival in much the same way that the Westerners do Christmas, doing a lot of shopping ,exchanging presents, and having big meals. 4)我们需要改变的不一定是自己的生活方式,或者物质条件,而是我们对待生活的态度。(not··· but rather) What we need to change is not necessarily our lifestyle, or our physical conditions, but rather our attitude toward life. 5)与自然世界和谐相处是风水(feng shui)的一项原则,这一点从房屋建筑、 景观(landscape)设计和家具陈列(lay out)中都可以反映出来。 (which,exemplify) To live in harmony with Nature is the underlying principle of FengShui, which can be exemplified in building houses, in designing landscapes, and in laying out furniture. UNIT2 1)人人都有想法,但很少有人能付诸实施,这就是梦想者与企业家的区别。(however, execute) Everyone has ideas, however very few are able to execute them. That's the difference between dreamers and entrepreneurs. 2)研究表明,男生往往兴趣期较短,而女生则更有耐心,因此,前者能很快 结识新朋友,后者则坚持她们的长久友谊。(tend to, while,stick to)

全新版大学英语综合教程第二册英文翻译中文

1单元 1.Appalled by what their children spend on candy and video games(or, rather, appalled by the degree to which their children’s overspending seems to mimic their own), parents devise ways to lock up their children’s resources. 孩子们在糖果、电子游戏上的花费之大令家长们十分震惊(或者更确切地说,孩子们的超支行为似乎是在竭力仿效父母,这令家长们十分震惊),于是家长便设法把孩子们的钱存起来不让他们用。 2、Compounded, that works out to an annual rate of more than 70 cent 以复利计算,年息达到 70%以上。 3、 give them unlimited access to their funds, no questions asked, and I provide printed statements I on demand. 他们使用自己的资金我不加任何限制,不做任何询问,我还根据要求随时提供打印的账单。 4、The only way to teach kids to adopt a lo-term perspective is to give them a short-term incentive for doing so. 教育孩子们看问题要有长远目光的唯一途径,是让孩子们近期内便能尝到某种甜头,从而激励他们去那样做。 2单元 1.Only in america can a billionaire carry on like plain folks and get away with it. 只有在美国,一个亿万富翁才能像普通百姓一样,安稳地过着普普通通的日子。 2.By all accounts,he's friendly, cheerful,a fine nerghbor who does his best to blend in,never flashy,never throwing his weight around. 人人都说他为人友善,性情开朗,是个好邻居;他尽力与人们融洽相处,从不炫耀,也从不盛气凌人。 3.But one recent morning, The Richest Man in America did something that would have made headlines anywhere in the world: He forgot his money.但最近的一个早晨,美国最富有的人做的事情会有头条任何地方在世界:他忘了他的钱。 4.But just how long walton can hold firm to his folksy habits with celebrity hunters keeping following him wherever he goes is anyone’s guess. 然而,沃尔顿所到之处名人追星族紧跟不舍,他的平民习惯能保持多久,就很难说了。3单元 1.“I made some comment about him, I don’t remember exactly what, but I got the typical teenager guttural sigh and Katie rolled her eyes at me as if to say, ‘Oh Dad, you are so out of it.’” “我做了一些关于他的评论,我不记得什么,但我得到了典型的少年的喉 音叹息和凯蒂推出了她的眼睛,我仿佛在说,'哦,爸爸,你是如此的出 它。” 2.As telephones became ubiquitous inthe last century, users— adults and teenagers alike—found a form of privacy and easy communication unknown to Alexander Graham Bell or his daughters. 上个世纪电话到处普及的时候,电话使用人——打人孩子都一样——发现 了一种私密空间和简便的交流方式,这是亚历山大格兰姆贝尔和他的女 儿们始料未及的 3.Baby boomers who warned decades ago that their out-of-touch parents couldn’t be trusted now sometimes find themselves raising children who—thanks to the Internet and the cellphone—consider Mom and Dad to be clueless,too. 婴儿潮重诞生的人几十年前曾警告说, 他们的父母脱离现实,不能信任。现在他们自己也有了孩子,这些孩子 由于互联网和手机的缘故,也认为爸妈一无所知。” 4.I could have them in the same room texting, or I wouldn’t let them text and they would leave,”says Mr.Pence of his children. “They are good kids, but you want to know what they are up to. “我要么让他们呆在同一间屋里发短信,要么不让他们发短信而他们就走 开。”潘斯先生这样说他的孩子们。“他们是孩子,但是父母还是想知道 他们在干些啥。”研究表明,笑能够带来许多健康上的好处。 4单元 1.It is the sound of the only lasting disagreement in a household that is otherwise peaceful. 这是一个原本安宁的家庭中 唯一持续不去的不和谐音。 2.It leads to intimacy before acquaintance; it scatters secrets outwards, not inwards; and, most worrying of all, it is a vehicle for liars. 它使人们还未相识就已接近;它不能保守秘密反而扩散秘密; 而最令人担心的是,它是撒谎人传播谎言的工具 3.I said, trying to be reasonable but altogether succeeding, that in and among the thing they “tell”each other on the tap-tap, a tendency to murder might just have been overlooked, might it not? 我说,他们啪嗒啪嗒“讲给”互相听的事情中,杀人的倾 向或许就被这忽略了,难道这不可能吗?我说这话时尽量想做到通情达 理,但不完全成功。 4.Needless to say, it is a new version of the old tale of innocents calling forth evil forces they cannot control, this time in the form of a visitor with the ever-handy axe packed in his luggage. 不用说,这又是一些无辜的人引出了邪恶的力量却又不能控制 的老故事的翻版,这一次的邪恶力量是以一位来客的面貌出现,但行囊 中却藏着斧头,随时可以拿出来杀人。 5单元 I felt that if the day arrived when I was unable to lift one foot up one step and then drag the other painfully after it---repeating the process 14 times until,utterly spent,I would be through---I could then admit defeat and lie down and die. 我觉得如果有一天我无法再抬起一只脚迈上一个台阶,再痛苦地拖起另一 只脚——将这个过程重复14 遍,直到精疲力竭爬上去——到那时候我 就会服输并躺下死去。I believed that in this whole world I alone had been chosen to suffer. 我认为在这整个世界里,就我一个人被选 中去受苦受难。In the next few forzen seconds the shame and horror of that moment penetrated,and I was sick with an intensity I had never felt before. 刹那间,时间凝固了,我感到万分 的羞愧和震惊。我从来没有这么难受过。I realized that I was filled to overflowing with self-pity,selfishness,and indifference to the needs of others. 我意识到我的自艾自怜、自私,以及对他人需求的冷 漠,已到了无可复加的地步。他这人话不多,但要说玩电脑那他就太机 灵了,同学们都不是他的对手。 6单元 1.The thought of answering other people’s telephones,typing other people’s work and watching other people take credit for my ideas and opinions would throw me into week-long bouts of depression. 每当我想起给别人回电话、打字,看到我出的主意和见解 却让别人去受益时,常常整个星期都会闷闷不乐。 2.How long could I live like this?Certainly not until I retired. 这 样的生活我能维持多久?肯定不会到我退休之时。 3.I steeled myself to travel the road that would lesd me to a better understanding of who I was and of what I wanted out of life. 我坚定地走下去,这条路将使我更好地了解自己,更好地认清自己 生活的目的。 4.And it’s not so much the results of the action that have reshaped me(although that’s important,too)as it is the realization that I have within myself what it takes to do what I set out to do. 此外,给我带来新的生活的,与其说是自己努力取得的 结果(虽然这也很重要),不如说是由于意识到自己具有潜在的能力可以 做自己想做的事。自从新政策生效之后,很多小企业在这个城市涌现出 来。 7单元 1.It is unparalleled in several ways: by the increasing number of users of the language; by its depth of penetration into societies; by its range of functions. 这一过程在几个方面都有前所 未有的:英语使用人数的增加,英语在不同社会渗透的深度,以及英语功 用的广度。 2.What began some 1,500 years ago as a crude language, originally spoken by little known German tribes who invaded England, now covers the globe. 大约1500 年前,英语还只是那些 入侵英格兰的鲜为人知的日耳曼部落使用的一种粗俗的语言,如今它却遍 及全球。 3.With this technical and scientific dominance came the beginning of overall dominance by the language, first in Europe and then globally. 随着它在科技领域主导地位的确立,英语先是在欧 洲,继而在全球开始取得全面的主导地位。 4.While languages such as English, German, and French have been international languages because of their governments' political power, this is less likely to be the case in the 21st century where economics and shifts in population will have more influence on languages. 虽然英语、德语和法语这些语言曾经 凭着各自政府的政治力量而成为国际语言,这种情况在经济和人口变化 对语言的影响更大的21 世纪不太可能发生。

新标准大学英语综合教程2课文翻译

My dream comes true 梦想成真 1 The rain had started to fall gently through the evening air as darkness descended over Sydney. Hundreds of lights illuminated Stadium Australia, and the noise was deafening. As I walked towards the track I glanced around me at the sea of faces in the stands, but my mind was focused. The Olympic gold medal was just minutes away, hanging tantalisingly in the distance. 当夜幕降临悉尼时,雨也开始悄悄地从夜空中飘落。几百盏灯把澳大利亚体育场照得灯火通明,场内的声音震耳欲聋。走向跑道时我看了一眼四周看台上无数的脸,但我的注意力还是很集中。再过几分钟奥运金牌的归属就要见分晓了,它悬挂在远处,很诱人。 2 My heart was beating loudly, my mouth was dry and the adrenaline was pumping. I was so close to the realisation of my childhood dream and the feeling was fantastic; it was completely exhilarating, but also terrifying. I knew I would have to push myself beyond my known limits to ensure that my dream came true. 我的心在剧烈地跳动,口干舌燥,肾上腺素猛增。童年的梦想就要实现了,这种感觉真是太奇妙了;令人非常兴奋,又胆战心惊。我知道,为了确保能梦想成真我必须强迫自己超越已知的极限。 3 I tried to keep composed, telling myself not to panic, to stick to the plan and run my own race. I knew the Russian girls would set off quickly –and I had to finish this race fewer than ten seconds behind the Russian athlete Yelena Prokhorova. If I could do that, the title would be mine. 我极力保持镇静,告诫自己不要紧张,要坚持按原计划做,按自己的节奏跑。我知道那些俄罗斯姑娘起跑很快——这场比赛我落后俄罗斯运动员叶莲娜·普罗科霍洛娃不能超过十秒。如果我做到这一点,冠军就是我的了。 4 I looked out along the first stretch of the 400m track and caught my breath. The 800m race had punished me so much over the years – in the World, Commonwealth and European Championships – and now it stood between me and the Olympic title. 我望着四百米跑道的起跑点,屏住了呼吸。这些年来,在世锦赛、英联邦锦标赛以及欧洲锦标赛的八百米赛跑中我屡战屡败,饱受挫折。现在,它再次横在我与奥运冠军头衔之间。 5 The British supporters were cheering so loudly it seemed as if they were the only fans there. I could hear my name being called. I could hear the shouts of encouragement and the cries of hope. Union Jacks fluttered all around the vast, beautiful stadium. I felt unified with the crowd – we all had the same vision and the same dream. 我的英国支持者在为我欢呼,声音特别大,就好像看台上的观赛者只有他们一样。我听到他们喊我的名字,为我鼓劲加油,听到他们充满希望的呐喊。宽阔美丽的体育场上到处飘扬着大不列颠联合王国的国旗,我感觉自己和观众融为了一体:我们有着同样的期盼,同样的梦想。

基础英语(综合教程)2课后句子翻译

Unit1: 1.那部关于古代战争的电影采用了先进的技术,令观众仿佛身临其境。(illusion)Thanks to modern technology, the film about that ancient battle gives the audience the illusion of being on the battlefield themselves. 2.在那场大火中,整个古城毁于一旦,但是这块石碑却幸运地保存了下来。(devastate)That ancient city was devastated by the fire, but fortunately the stone tablet survived. 3.他们看了那段录像,听了那位妇女的讲述,心里充满了对那位地震孤儿的同情。(fill with)The videotape and the story by the woman filled them with sympathy for the child who had become an orphan in the earthquake. 4.那场大地震中,我们听到过太多太多教师的事迹,他们拒绝离开学生自己逃生,献出了 自己的生命。(leave behind) In that earthquake, we heard many stories of teachers who had refused to leave their students behind and laid down their lives. 5.豫园的建造始于1558年,但由于资金短缺时建时停,1578年才建成。(off and on)The construction of the Y u Yuan Garden began in 1558, but it was not completed until 1578 because building went off and on for lack of money. 6.1980年我遇到她时,她刚从国外读完硕士回来。(meet up with) In 1980, when I met up with her, she had just returned from abroad with a master’s degree. 7.这是我第一次来纽约,但我还是设法找到了那家小公司。(find one’s way to) It was my first visit to New York, but I managed to find my way to the little firm. 8.在电影界要达到顶峰时非常困难的,但是作为一名导演谢晋做到了。(make it) It is hard to make it to the top in the movie industry, but as a director Xie Jin did it. U2: 1.如今许多爱慕虚荣的年轻人,尽管还不富裕,但却迷上了漂亮的小汽车。(vain, be obsessed with) Many vain young people are obsessed with fancy cars despite the fact that they are not rich enough to afford them. 2.当他的婚外恋被妻子发现后,他们的婚姻终于破裂了。(affair, fall apart) Their marriage finally fell apart when his affair with another woman was found out by his wife. 3.那位艺术家为了获得创作的灵感,在农村住了三年,放弃了生活上的许多享受。 (inspiration, deny oneself something) For artistic inspiration, the artist lived in the country for three years, where he denied himself many comforts of life.

相关主题