搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 亚瑟王英文剧本台词

亚瑟王英文剧本台词


看电影学英语 King Arthur 《亚瑟王》





-Lancelot: By 300 AD, the Roman Empire extended from Arabia to Britain.
empire: 帝国 extend: 扩展,扩张
公元前300年,罗马帝国的疆域从阿拉伯一直扩张到不列颠。
But they wanted more. More land. More peoples loyal and subservient to Rome.
loyal: 忠诚的 subservient: 恭顺的
可是他们仍不满足。梦想得到更广的土地。想要更多的人向罗马帝国臣服效忠。
But no people so important as the powerful Sarmatians to the east. Thousands died on that field.
important: 重要的 powerful: 强大的 Sarmatian: (古时东欧地区维斯杜拉河和伏尔加河之间的)萨美西亚的,萨美西亚人 field: 战场
但是没有什么比征服东部的萨美西亚人更加重要。战场上血流成河。
And when the smoke cleared on the fourth day,
smoke: 烟 clear: 清除,消散
第四天,当硝烟散尽以后,
the only Sarmatian soldiers left alive were members of the decimated but legendary cavalry.
decimate: 杀死或毁灭(某物)的大部 legendary: 传奇的,著名的 cavalry: 骑兵(队)
唯一生存下来的萨美西亚人只有一支几乎被歼灭的传奇骑兵队。
The Romans, impressed by their bravery and horsemanship, spared their lives.
impress: 给…以深刻印象 bravery: 勇敢,勇气 horsemanship: 骑术,骑马 spare:免除,饶恕
惊讶于他们的英勇,罗马人决定让他们免于一死。
In exchange, these warriors were incorporated into the Roman military.
exchange: 交换,互换 warrior: 武士,勇士 incorporate into: 使成为…的一部分 military: 军队
作为交换条件,要求这些勇士为罗马军队效劳。
Better they had died that day.
他们还不如那天战死沙场。
-Young Lancelot: Father. They are here.
父亲。他们来了。
-Lancelot: For the second part of the bargain they struck indebted not only themselves...
bargain: 协议 strike: 定约,商定 indebted: 蒙恩的,受惠的
契约的另一部分,不仅涉及他们本人…
-Lancelot’s Father: The day has come.
这一天终于来了。
-Lancelot: But also their sons, and their sons, and so on, to serve the empire as knights.
serve: (为…)服务,任(职) empire: 帝国 knight: 武士,骑士
还牵涉到他们的后代,以及后代的子子孙孙,都要作为骑士为罗马帝国效忠。
I was such a son.
而我,就是这些后代当中的一个。
-Lancelot’s Father: There is a legend that fallen knights return as great horses.
legend: 传说 fallen: (正式语)阵亡者
传说牺牲的骑士将作为骏马而复活
He has seen what awaits you, and he will protect you.
await: 等候 protect: 保护
他知道你将面对的艰难险阻,而且会保护你。
-Girl: Lancelot! Lancelot! Lancelot.
Lancelot!Lancelot!Lancelot。
-Young Lancelot: Don't be afraid. I will return. How long shall we be gone?
afraid: 担


别担心,我会回来的。我们要去多久?
-Soldier A: 15 years, not including the months it'll take to get to your post.
include: 包括 post: 哨位
15年,不包括前往驻地的时间。
-Lancelot’s Father: Lancelot! Rus!
Lancelot!冲啊!
-Lancelot: Our post was Britain, or at least the southern half,
at least: 至少 southern: 南部的
我们的驻地在不列颠,至少是不列颠的南部,
for the land was divided by a 73-mile wall built three centuries before us to protect the empire from the native fighters of the north.
divide: 隔开,分隔 century: 一世纪 empire: 帝国 native: 当地的,本地的 fighter:战士
因为这片土地被一道3个世纪前建造的长达73英里,用于防御北方的野蛮民族侵略的城墙所分隔。
So, as our forefathers had done, we made our way and reported to our Roman commander in Britain,
forefather: 祖先 make one’s way: 前进 commander: 指挥官
于是,就像我们的先辈一样,我们踏上了自己的征途,向不列颠的罗马指挥官报到
ancestrally named for the first Artorius, or Arthur.
ancestrally: 祖传地
他以其祖先Artorius为名,或称之为Arthur。
-Young Arthur: Mother, I finished.
妈妈,我做完了。
-Arthur’s Mother: That's beautiful.
真漂亮。
-Young Arthur: Mother... Pelagius. For you.
妈妈…Pelagius,给你。
-Pelagius: Well done, Artorius. You keep it. Deliver it to me when you come to Rome.
deliver: 交付,递送
做的好,Artorius。你先留着吧。等你到了罗马再给我。
Come. Behold, Arthur. Young knights.
behold: 看 knight: 武士,骑士
来。看,Arthur。年轻的骑士们。
If you so choose, they may some day be yours to lead, as your father before you.
choose: 决定,选择
如果你愿意,总有一天你会像你父亲一样领导他们。
-Young Arthur: I'm to be their commander?
commander: 指挥官
我会成为他们的指挥官?
-Pelagius: Yes. But with this title comes a sacred responsibility to protect, to defend,
title: 称号,头衔 sacred: 神圣的,受崇敬的 responsibility: 责任 protect: 保护 defend: 保卫
是的。但是作为指挥官意味着你必须承担起神圣的任务,保护捍卫他人,
to value their lives above your own and, should they perish in battle,
value: 尊重,重视 perish: 丧生,死亡 battle: 战斗
珍视他人的生命更胜于自己,若他们中有人不幸战死沙场,
to live your life gloriously in honour of their memory.
gloriously: 光荣地 in honour of: 为纪念 memory: 纪念
你要为了纪念他们而光荣的活下去。
-Young Arthur: And what of their free will?
free will: 自由意志
那他们自己的意愿怎么办?
-Pelagius: It has always fallen to a few to sacrifice for the good of many.
sacrifice: 牺牲,舍身
为了大多数人的幸福,总是需要牺牲小部分人
The world isn't a perfect place, but perhaps people like y

ou, Arthur, and me and them can make it so.
perfect: 完美的 perhaps: 或许,大概
这个世界并不完美。但是或许像你这样的人,Arthur,还有我和他们这样的人能让世界更加完美。
-Gawain: Ah, as promised, the bishop's carriage.
promise: 许诺,约定 bishop: 主教 carriage: 四轮马车
啊,和约定的一样,主教的马车果然来了。
-Galahad: Our freedom, Bors.
freedom: 自由
我们的自由,Bors。
-Bors: Mm. I can almost taste it.
taste: 尝,品尝
我真是等不及了。
-Gawain: And your passage to Rome, Arthur.
passage: 通道
也是你通向罗马的道路,Arthur。
-Tristan: Woads!
沃德人!
-Arthur: Rus!
冲啊!
-Bors: Rus! Rus.
来啊!来。
-Horton: Gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus et Dominus tecum.
(拉丁语祷词)你充满圣宠。主与你同在。救我们摆脱灾难,主与你同在
Benedicta tu in mulieribus. Benedictus fructus ventris tui, lesus.
(拉丁语祷词)主与你同在。基督,使我们免受灾祸。
Benedicta tu in mulieribus...
救我们摆脱灾难…
-Gawain: Save your prayers, boy. Your god doesn't live here.
prayer: 祈祷,祷文
别祈祷了,孩子。你的上帝管不着这儿。
-Arthur: Why did Merlin send you south of the wall?
Merlin派你们来墙南边做什么?
-Merlin’s lieutenant:Spill my blood with Excalibur and...make this ground holy.
spill: 溢出,泼出 Excalibur: 亚瑟王的神剑 holy: 神圣的,圣洁的
用鲜血染红圣剑…净化这片大地。
-Arthur: Pick it up. Pick it up. Bors.
pick up: 拾起,捡起
捡起来。把你的武器捡起来。Bors。
-Bors: What a bloody mess.
bloody: 血腥的 mess: 肮脏,污秽
血肉模糊。
-Arthur: That's not the bishop.
bishop: 主教
他不是主教。
-Horton: God help us. What are they?
上帝保佑。他们是什么人?
-Bors: Blue demons that eat Christians alive.
demon: 恶魔 Christian: 基督教徒 alive: 活着的
生吃基督教徒的蓝脸恶魔。
You're not a Christian, are you? Does this really work? Nothing.
你不是基督教徒,对吧?这样真的有用吗?没什么用。
Maybe I'm not doing it right.
也许是我的方法不对。
-Bishop Germanius: Stand down. Arthur! Arthur Castus. Your father's image.
image: 酷似的人物,翻版
退后。Arthur!Arthur Castus,你很像你的父亲。
I haven't seen you since childhood.
childhood: 童年,儿童时代
我只在你小时候见过你。
-Arthur: Bishop Germanius. Welcome to Britain.
bishop: 主教
Germanius主教。欢迎来到不列颠。
I see your military skills are still of use to you. Your device worked.
military: 军事的 skill: 技巧 device: 手段,策略
您的军事技巧还是十分有用。您的策略奏效了。
-Bishop Germanius: Ancient tricks of an ancient dog.
ancient: 老的,旧的
不过是老家伙的老把戏而已。
And these are the great Sarmatian

knights we have heard so much of in Rome.
Sarmatian: (古时东欧地区维斯杜拉河和伏尔加河之间的)萨美西亚的,萨美西
他们就是在罗马大名鼎鼎的萨美西亚骑士了。
I thought the Woads control the north of Hadrian's Wall.
control: 控制
我以为沃德人只是控制了哈德里安石墙的北面。
-Arthur: They do, but they occasionally venture south.
occasionally: 偶尔,间或 venture: 冒险,敢于
是的,但是他们经常侵扰南方。
Rome's anticipated withdrawal from Britain has only increased their daring.
anticipate: 预期 withdrawal: 撤退,撤走 increase: 增加 daring: 勇敢,大胆
罗马从不列颠撤退的计划使得他们更加胆大妄为。
-Bishop Germanius: Woads?
沃德人?
-Gawain: British rebels who hate Rome.
rebel: 反叛者,叛逆者
憎恨罗马的不列颠叛乱军。
-Galahad: Men who want their country back.
country: 国家,国土
他们想夺回他们的国家。
-Bishop Germanius: Who leads them?
是谁在领导他们?
-Lancelot: He's called Merlin. A dark magician, some say.
magician: 魔术师,术士
他叫Merlin。据说是个暗黑魔法师。
-Arthur: Tristan, ride ahead and make sure the road is clear.
make sure: 务必,确保 clear: 畅通无阻的
Tristan,你先行一步确保前方没有敌人。
Please do not worry, Bishop. We will protect you.
bishop: 主教 protect: 保护
请不要担心,主教。我们会保护您的。
-Bishop Germanius: Oh. I've no doubt, Commander. No doubt.
doubt: 怀疑 commander: 指挥官
哦。我豪不怀疑这一点,指挥官。毫不怀疑。
-Horton: Dozens don't worry me nearly so much as thousands.
dozen: (一)打,十二个
就算千军万马我也不怕。
-Lancelot: Thousands?
千军万马?
-Galahad: I don't like him, that Roman.
我不喜欢他,那个罗马人。
If he's here to discharge us, why doesn't he just give us our papers?
discharge: 释放 paper: 文件
如果他是来释放我们的,为什么不直接给我们文件?
-Gawain: Is this your happy face?
你高兴的时候就是这张脸?
Galahad, do you still not know the Romans?
Galahad,你还不了解罗马人吗?
They won't scratch their asses without holding a ceremony.
scratch: 抓,搔 ass: <美俚>屁股 ceremony: 典礼,仪式
他们连抓屁股都得举行一套仪式。
-Bors: Why don't you just kill him, and then discharge yourself after?
你为什么不干脆杀了他,自我释放?
-Galahad: I don't kill for pleasure, unlike some.
for pleasure: 为了取乐 unlike: 与…不同
我不以杀戮为乐,不像有些人。
-Tristan: Well, you should try it someday. You might get a taste for it.
taste: 嗜好,爱好
哦,我建议你试试。你会喜欢的。
-Bors: It's a part of you. It's in your blood.
那是你的天性。已经深入你的血液。
-Galahad: No, No, no. As of tomorrow this was all just a bad memory.
memory: 回

忆,记忆
不,不。不会。第二天的时候一切都会成为痛苦的回忆。
-Bors: Ohh.
哦。
-Gawain: I've often thought about what going home would mean after all this. What will I do?
我常常想,这一切结束之后回家还有什么意义吗?我要做什么?
It's different for Galahad.
和Galahad不一样。
I've been in this life longer than the other.
我一直都这样生活。
So much for home. It's not so clear in my memory.
clear: 清楚的
家乡在我记忆中已经很模糊了。
-Bors: You speak for yourself. It's cold back there and everyone I know is dead and buried.
speak for: 为…辩护 bury: 埋葬
那是你,我记得家乡很冷,而且我认识的人都已经死了。
Besides, I have, I think, a dozen children.
besides: 而且,还有 dozen: (一)打,十二个
此外,我记得我有一打孩子。
-Gawain: Eleven.
11个。
-Bors: You listen. When the Romans leave here, we'll have the run all of this place.
run: 管理
听着,罗马人离开这儿以后,我们会接管这个地方。
I'll be governor in my own village and Dagonet will be my personal guard and royal ass-kisser.
governor: 管辖着 personal: 私人的 guard: 卫兵 royal:十足的 ass-kisser: 拍马屁者
我要成为我村庄的管理者,让Dagonet做我的贴身侍卫兼专属走狗。
Won't you, Dag?
怎么样,Dag?
-Gawain: First thing I will do when I get home is find a beautiful Sarmatian woman to wed.
Sarmatian: (古时东欧地区维斯杜拉河和伏尔加河之间的)萨美西亚的,萨美西亚人 wed: (与…)结婚
我回家要做的第一件事情就是找一个漂亮的萨美西亚女人结婚。
-Bors: A beautiful Sarmatian woman?
一个漂亮的萨美西亚女人吗?
Why do you think we left in the first place?
你怎么知道剩给我们的会是漂亮女人?
What about you, Lancelot? What are your plans for home?
plan: 计划
你呢,Lancelot?你回家后有什么计划?
-Lancelot: Well, if this woman of Gawain's is as beautiful as he claims,
claim: 声称,断言
如果Gawain的女人真的像他说的那么漂亮,
I expect to be spending a lot of time at Gawain's house.
expect: 期待,期望
那我打算常常去他家里拜访。
His wife will welcome the company.
company: 陪伴
他老婆肯定会很欢迎我。
-Gawain: I see. And what will I be doing?
我明白了,那我该做什么?
-Lancelot: Wondering at your good fortune that all your children look like me.
wonder at: 对…感到奇怪 fortune: 运气
奇怪你自己怎么会有如此好运,你的孩子们都长得跟我一样。
-Gawain: Is that before or after I hit you with my ax?
ax: 斧子
是我用斧子砍你之前还是之后?
-Tristan: Where you been, now? Where you been?
你跑那儿去了?你到哪去了?
-Lancelot: And what will you do, Arthur, when you return to your beloved Rome?
beloved: 为…所深爱的
Arthur,回到心

爱的罗马之后你打算做什么?
-Arthur: Give thanks to God that I survived to see it.
survive: 幸存,活下来
感谢上帝保佑我平安回来。
-Lancelot: You and your god! You disturb me.
disturb: 使焦虑,使烦恼
你和你的上帝!真烦人。
-Arthur: I want peace, Lancelot. I've had enough.
peace: 平静
我想要平静,Lancelot。我已经受够了。
You should visit me.
你该来看我。
-Lancelot: Ah!
啊!
-Arthur: It's a magnificent place, Rome.
magnificent: 伟大的
罗马是一个伟大的地方。
Ordered, civilized, advanced.
ordered: 整齐的 civilized: 文明的 advanced: 先进的
有秩序,文明,进步。
-Lancelot: A breeding ground of arrogant fools.
breeding ground: 滋生地 breeding: 生育,滋生 arrogant: 傲慢的,自大的
自大狂的产地。
-Arthur: The greatest minds in all the lands have come together in one sacred place to help make mankind free.
mind: 想法,思维 sacred: 神圣的
伟大的思想在这个神圣的地方聚集为人类争取自由。
-Lancelot: And the women?
女人呢?
-Soldier B: Open the gate!
开门!
-Jols: Welcome back, Arthur.
欢迎回来,Arthur。
-Arthur: Jols.
Jols。
-Jols: Lancelot.
Lancelot。
-Arthur: Bishop, please, my quarters have been made available to you.
bishop: 主教 quarter: 住处 available: 可用的
主教,请,您可以使用我的房间。
-Bishop Germanius: Oh, yes. I must rest.
哦,是的。我必须休息。
-Vanora: Where have you been?
你去哪了?
-Bors: Oh...
哦…
-Vanora: I've been waiting for you.
wait for: 等待,等候
我一直在等你。
-Bors: Oh, my little flower. Such... passion!
passion: 激情,热情
哦,我的小美人。还是这么…热情!
Where's my Gilly? Gilly.
我的Gilly呢?Gilly。
You been fighting?
你打架了?
-Gilly: Yes.
是的。
-Bors: You been winning?
你赢了吗?
-Gilly: Yes.
是的。
-Bors: That's my boy. Come on, all my other bastards!
bastard: (俚语,亲热的玩笑用语)家伙
这才是我的好孩子。你们这些小鬼都跟我来吧!
-Arthur: Let us not forget that we are the fortunate ones.
forget: 忘记 fortunate: 幸运的
我们不要忘记自己是幸运的
Let us raise our wine to those gallant and extraordinary men we have lost,
raise: 举起 wine: 葡萄酒,果酒 gallant: 英勇的 extraordinary: 非同寻常的,特别的
让我们为那些失去生命的英勇不凡的伙伴们举杯,
but who will be remembered for eternity.
eternity: 永恒
并将他们永远铭记心中。
-Bors: To freedom.
freedom: 自由
为自由干杯。
-All: To freedom.
为自由干杯。
-Bishop Germanius: Pelagius.
Pelagius。
-Horton: Very kind of Arthur to give up his room.
Arthur让出了他的房间真是好心。
But, of course, it is to be expected.
of course: 当然 expect: 预料,理应得到
不过当然,这是应该的。
-Man A: Sir, I'm he

re to escort you to the fortress hall.
escort: 护送,护卫 fortress: 堡垒,要塞 hall: 大厅,礼堂
主教大人,我来护送您去城堡大厅。
-Horton: When my master meets with your knights, he must be seated last and he must be seated at the head of the table.
knight: 武士,骑士 seat: 使…就坐
我的主人会见你们的骑士时必须最后一个入座,而且他必须坐在最尊贵的位置。
-Man A: Your master can plonk his holy ass wherever he chooses.
你的主人可以把他的屁股放在任何想放的地方。
-Horton: His Eminence, Bishop Naius Germanius.
His Eminence: 阁下(天主教中对红衣主教的尊称) bishop: 主教
Germanius主教阁下驾到。
A round table? What sort of evil is this?
round: 圆形的 evil: 邪恶的
圆桌?为什么是这种邪恶的东西?
-Man A: Arthur says for men to be men they must first all be equal.
equal: 平等的
Arthur说人首先要平等才能成为真正的人。
-Bishop Germanius: I was given to understand there would be more of you.
be given to: 习惯于,倾向于 understand: 听说,认为
我以为应该有更多骑士。
-Arthur: There were. We have been fighting here for 15 years, Bishop.
fight: 战斗
本来有,我们已经在这儿战斗15年了,主教。
-Bishop Germanius: Oh, of course.
of course: 当然
哦,当然。
Arthur and his knights have served with courage to maintain the honor of Rome's empire on this last outpost of our glory.
knight: 武士,骑士 serve: (为…)服务,任(职) courage: 勇气 maintain: 保持,维护 honor: 荣誉,光荣 empire: 帝国 outpost: 前哨基地 glory:光荣,荣誉
Arthur和他的骑士们以无比的勇气在这最后的堡垒上捍卫着罗马帝国的荣誉。
Rome is most indebted to you noble knights.
indebted: 感激的,蒙恩的 noble: 高尚的
罗马很感激各位高尚的骑士。
To your final days as servants to the empire.
final: 最后的 servant: 仆人
为你们对帝国效忠的最后一段时间举杯。
-Lancelot: Day. Not days.
是最后一天。不是一段时间。
-Bishop Germanius: The Pope's taken a personal interest in you.
Pope: (罗马天主教的)教皇 personal: 个人的,私人的 interest: 兴趣
教皇很欣赏你们。
He inquires after each of you, and is curious to know if your knights have converted to the word of our Savior or...?
inquire after: 问候 inquire: 询问 curious: 好奇的 convert to: 皈依 Savior: 救世主
他问候你们每一个人,还有他想知道骑士们是否已经皈依我们的主还是…?
-Arthur: They retain the religion of their forefathers. I have never questioned that.
retain: 保持 religion: 宗教信仰 forefather: 祖先 question: 质疑
他们仍然保持着祖先的信仰。我从不勉强他们。
-Bishop Germanius: Of course, of course.
of course: 当然
当然,当然。
They are pagans. Hm?
pagan: 异教徒,非基督教徒

们是异教徒。是吧?
For our part, the church has deemed such beliefs innocence, but you, Arthur, your path to God is through Pelagius?
church: 教派,教会 deem: 认为,相信 belief: 信仰 innocence: 无辜,单纯 path:途径
对我们来说,教廷认为这些信仰是无害的,但是你,Arthur,你通过Pelagius接近上帝是吗?
I saw his image in your room.
image: 肖像,石像
我在你的房间里看见他的肖像。
-Arthur: He took my father's place for me.
take one’s place: 取代某人的位置
他就像我的父亲。
His teachings on free will and equality have been a great influence.
teaching: 教诲,讲授 free will: 自由意志,自愿 equality: 平等 influence: 影响
他自由平等的思想影响深远。
I look forward to our reunion in Rome.
look forward to: 期望,盼望 reunion: 重聚
我期待着和他在罗马重聚。
-Bishop Germanius: Ah. Rome awaits your arrival with great anticipation.
await: 期待 arrival: 到达,抵达 anticipation: 期盼
哦。罗马十分期待你的到来。
You are a hero. In Rome, you will live out your days in honor and wealth.
hero: 英雄 honor: 荣誉,光荣 wealth: 财富
你是一个英雄。在罗马,你会过着名利双收的生活。
Alas... Alas, we are all but players in an ever-changing world.
alas: (语气词)唉 player: 演员 ever-changing: 常变的,千变万化的
唉…可惜我们不过是这个不断变化的世界的戏子。
Barbarians from every corner are almost at Rome's door.
barbarian: 野蛮人 corner: 角落,遥远的地区
各地的野蛮部落都进犯罗马。
Because of this, Rome and the Holy Father have decided to remove ourselves from indefensible outposts, such as Britain.
Holy Father: (天主教徒对)教皇的尊称 decide: 决定 remove: 离开,移走 indefensible: 无法防御的 outpost: 边远居民点,前哨基地
因此,罗马和教皇决定放弃无法防守的地域,比如不列颠这种地方。
What will become of Britain is not our concern anymore.
become of: 发生 concern: 关心,关切的事 anymore:再也(不),(不)再
我们将不再关心不列颠的未来。
I suppose the Saxons will claim it soon.
suppose: 料想,认为 claim: 索取,拥有
我想撒克逊人马上就会占领这里。
-Arthur: Saxons?
撒克逊人?
-Bishop Germanius: Yes. In the north a massive Saxon incursion has begun.
massive: 大量的 incursion: 侵入
是的。在北方,撒克逊人已经开始大规模入侵了。
-Lancelot: The Saxons only claim what they kill.
撒克逊人只会杀戮。
-Gawain: And only kill everything.
他们什么都杀。
-Galahad: So you would just leave the land to the Woads. And I risked my life for nothing.
risk: 冒…险
所以你们把这个地方留给沃德人。而我们拼死拼活根本毫无意义。
-Bishop Germanius: Hm. Gentlemen, your discharge papers with safe conduct throughout the Rom

an Empire.
gentleman: 先生 discharge: 释放,解职 paper: 文件 safe conduct: 安全通行证
嗯。各位,这是你们的卸任书和罗马帝国的安全通行证。
But first, I must have a word with your commander. In private.
have a word with: 和…简单谈谈 commander: 指挥官 in private: 私下地
但首先,我得和你们指挥官说句话。私下谈。
-Arthur: We have no secrets.
secret: 秘密
我们之间不存在秘密。
-Lancelot: Come. Let's leave Roman business to Romans.
business: 事务,事情
走吧,罗马的事情还是留给罗马人解决吧。
-Dagonet: Let it go, Bors.
别生气了,Bors。
-Bishop Germanius: Rome has issued a final order for you and your men.
issue: 分配 final: 最后的 order: 命令
罗马给你和你的部下下了最后一个命令。
-Arthur: Final order?
最后的命令?
-Bishop Germanius: You are to travel north to rescue the family of Marius Honorius
travel: 移动,到远处去 rescue: 营救,救援 family: 家庭,家族
你们要去北方营救Marius Honorius家族
and return, in particular, with Marius's son, Alecto.
return: 回来 in particular: 尤其,特别
回来的时候,一定要带上Marius的儿子Alecto。
Alecto is the Pope's favorite godchild and pupil.
Pope: (罗马天主教的)教皇 favorite: 特别喜欢的,最喜欢的 godchild: 教子 pupil:学生
Alecto是教皇最欣赏的教子和学生。
It is his destiny to become a bishop, perhaps even Pope one day.
destiny: 命运 bishop: 主教 perhaps: 或许,大概
他注定要成为主教,也许有一天会成为教皇。
-Arthur: On this day you ask this of my men. On this day.
你在今天对我们提出这种要求。就在今天。
They have risked their lives for 15 years for a cause not of their own.
risk: 冒…的险 cause: 原因,理由
他们身不由己的出生入死了15年。
And now, on the day they are to be liberated, you send them on a mission
liberate: 解放,释放 mission: 任务
今天他们本该获得自由,可你又给了他们新的任务,
which is far more dangerous than any other they have undertaken.
dangerous: 危险的 undertake: 承担,担任
一个比以往更危险的任务
You tell me, Bishop, how do I go to my men and tell them that instead of freedom I offer death?
instead of: 代替… freedom: 自由 offer: 提供
你告诉我,主教,我该怎么告诉他们,他们不会得到自由,而是得到死亡?
-Bishop Germanius: If your men are truly the knights of legend, perhaps some will survive.
knight: 武士,骑士 legend: 传说 perhaps: 或许,大概 survive: 幸存
如果你的部下真的是传说中的骑士,也许他们能活下来。
If it is God's will.
will: 意志
这要看上帝的旨意。
Your men want to go home, and to get home they need to cross the entire breadth of the Roman Empire.
entire: 全部的,整个的 breadth: 范围,宽度 empire: 帝国

的人想要回家,而要回家,他们就必须横穿整个罗马帝国。
Deserters would be hunted down like dogs.
deserter: 背弃者,逃亡者 hunt down: 穷追直至抓获
逃亡者将像狗一样被猎杀。
Will you defy the Pope, Arthur?
Pope: (罗马天主教的)教皇
Arthur,你想违抗教皇吗?
Rome? God himself?
违抗罗马?违抗上帝?
-Arthur: Everything I've done has been for the church and for Rome.
church: 教派,教会
我做的每件事都是为了教廷和罗马。
Do not mistake a loyal soldier for a fool, Germanius.
mistake for: 错把…当作 loyal: 忠诚的 soldier: 士兵,战士
不要把一个忠诚的战士当成傻瓜,Germanius。
-Bishop Germanius: Would you leave a defenseless Roman boy, destined to lead our church, at the hands of the Saxons?
defenseless: 不能自卫的,无防御的 destined: 命中注定的
你会把一个手无寸铁,注定要接掌教廷的罗马男孩留给撒克逊人吗?
Fulfill this mission, and your men will receive their discharge.
fulfill: 完成 mission: 任务 receive: 收到,得到 discharge: 释放
完成这个任务你的部下们才能得到自由。
Their papers will be waiting here the moment they return.
paper: 文件 moment: 时刻
他们的文件会在这等到他们回来。
You have my word.
word: 诺言,保证
我向你保证。
-Arthur: You think very hard upon that vow, Bishop, for I will hold you to it.
vow: 誓言 bishop: 主教
做承诺要小心,主教,因为我会让你实践诺言的。
Break it, and no Roman legion, papal army, nor God himself will protect you.
legion: 古罗马军团 papal: 教皇的,罗马教廷的 protect: 保护
如果你毁约,不管罗马军队还教廷禁军,就算上帝也没法保护你。
That is my word.
我也向你保证。
-Soldier C: She gave me fleas.
flea: 跳蚤
她把跳蚤传染给我。
-Lancelot: You better hope they're fleas. Best of three.
best of three: 三局两胜
就怕不是跳蚤。三局两胜。
-Vanora: Who wants another drink?
谁还要酒?
-Lancelot: When you gonna leave Bors and come home with me?
gonna: <美俚>=going to
你什么时候离开Bors跟我回家?
-Vanora: My lover is watching you.
我的爱人正看着你呢。
-Bors: You look nothing like him. You're all Bors.
你长得一点都不像他。你是Bors的孩子。
-Galahad: Tristan...
Tristan…
-Gawain: How do you do that?
你怎么做到的?
-Tristan: I aim for the middle.
aim: 瞄准
我瞄准中间。
-Vanora: Oh, they want more!
哦,他们还要喝!
-Bors: Here. Be a mother to your son. Oh, come here.
来,做个好妈妈。哦,过来。
Dagonet, where you been? We've got plans to make.
Dagonet,你去哪了?我们还有计划要谈。
Here, please. Sing.
来吧,唱首歌吧。
-Vanora: No.
不。
-Bors: Just a last one.
最后一首。
-Vanora: No, I'm trying to work.
不,我要干活。
-Bors: Come sing.

Shut up! Vanora will sing.
shut up: 安静
来唱吧。大家安静!Vanora要唱歌了。
-Vanora: No, no.
不,不。
-Bors: Sing! Sing!
唱吧!唱吧!
-Man Voice: Sing about home.
唱跟家乡有关的歌。
-Galahad: Don't drop the baby.
别把孩子掉了。
-Vanora: “Land of bear and land of eagle. Land that gave us birth and blessing.”
bear: 熊 eagle: 鹰 birth: 出生 blessing: 赐福,祝福
“灰熊与苍鹰的家园。生养赐福我们的家园。”
“Land that called us ever homewards. We will go home across the mountains.”
homewards: 向家,朝向本国 mountain: 山脉
“声声呼唤我们的家园。我们将翻越山巅回到家乡。”
“We will go home. We will go home. We will go home across the mountains.”
“回到家乡。回到家乡。我们将翻越山巅回到家乡。”
“We will go home singing our song...hear our singing, hear our longing.”
longing: 渴望,盼望
“欢唱我们的歌回到家乡…请听我们的歌曲,倾听我们的期盼。”
“We will go home across the mountains. We will go home. We will go home...”
“我们将翻越山巅回到家乡。回到家乡。回到家乡。”
-Jols: Arthur!
Arthur!
-Galahad: Arthur! Arthur! You're not completely Roman yet, right?
completely: 完全地
Arthur!Arthur!你还没有彻底变成罗马人,对吧?
-Bors: Rus!
冲啊!
-Arthur: Knights... brothers in arms... your courage has been tested beyond all limits.
knight: 武士,骑士 brothers in arms: 战友 courage: 勇气 test: 考验 beyond: 超出 limit: 限制,界线
骑士们…战友们…你们的勇气经历了无数次历练。
-Bors: Yes.
没错。
-Arthur: But I must ask you now for one further trial.
trial: 考验
但我不得不要求你们接受更大的考验。
-Bors: Drink?
是喝酒吗?
-Arthur: We must leave on a final mission for Rome before our freedom can be granted.
final: 最后的 mission: 任务 freedom: 自由 grant: 准许,答应给予
在我们获得自由之前,必须为罗马执行最后一项任务。
Above the wall, far in the north, there is a Roman family in need of rescue.
family: 家庭,家族 in need of: 需要 rescue: 营救,救援
越过城墙,在遥远的北方有一个罗马家庭需要救援。
They are trapped by Saxons.
trap: 困住
他们被撒克逊人围困。
Our orders are to secure their safety.
order: 命令,指示 secure: 使安全 safety: 安全,平安
我们的任务是要确保他们安全。
-Bors: Let the Romans take care of their own.
take care of: 处理,对付
让罗马人去料理自己的事吧。
-Gawain: Above the wall is Woad territory.
territory: 领域,地盘
城墙外面就是沃德人的领地了。
-Galahad: Our duty to Rome, if it was ever a duty, is done.
duty: 义务
我们对罗马的义务,如果有的话,也已经完成了。
Our pact with Rome is done.
pact: 协议
我们和罗马之间的协定已

经结束了。
-Bors: Every knight here has laid his life on the line for you. For you.
knight: 武士,骑士 on the line: 冒极大的险
这里每个骑士曾为你出生入死。只是为了你。
And instead of freedom you want more blood? Our blood?
instead of: 代替…,而不是…
现在没有自由却还要流血?流我们的血?
You think more of Roman blood than you do of ours?
think of: 考虑
你更关心罗马人的生命,而不是我们的?
-Arthur: Bors! These are our orders.
order: 命令,指示
Bors!这是我们的使命。
We leave at first light, and when we return your freedom will be waiting for you.
freedom: 自由 wait for: 等待
明天天亮我们就出发,回来就能获得自由。
A freedom we can embrace with honor.
embrace: 接受,拥抱
无上光荣的自由
-Bors: I am a free man!
我是个自由的人!
I will choose my own fate!
choose: 选择
我要选择自己的命运!
-Tristan: Yeah, yeah. We're all going to die someday.
好,好。我们总有一天都会死。
If it's a death from a Saxon hand that frightens you, stay home.
death: 死亡 frighten: 使惊恐,使害怕
如果你怕死在撒克逊人手里,你就别去。
-Galahad: Listen, if you're so eager to die, you can die right now!
be eager to: 渴望,盼望 right now: 立刻,马上
听着,如果你那么想死,你现在就去死吧!
-Lancelot: Enough. Enough!
够了,够了!
-Galahad: I've got something to live for!
我还不想死呢!
-Dagonet: The Romans have broken their word.
break: 破坏,违反 word: 诺言,保证
罗马人食言了。
We have the word of Arthur. That is good enough.
可是我们有Arthur的保证。这就够了。
I'll prepare.
prepare: 准备
我去做准备。
Bors?
Bors?
You coming?
你去吗?
-Bors: Of course I'm coming!
of course: 当然
我当然要去!
Can't let you go on your own! You'll all get killed!
我不能让你自己去!你会送命的!
I'm just saying what you're all thinking!
我只是把大家想的说出来罢了!
Vanora'll kill me.
Vanora会杀了我的。
-Arthur: And you, Gawain?
Gawain,你呢?
-Gawain: I'm with you.
我跟你一起去。
Galahad as well.
Galahad也一样。
-Arthur: Oh merciful God, I have such need of your mercy now.
merciful: 仁慈的,宽恕的 mercy: 怜悯,仁慈
哦,仁慈的上帝,我现在非常需要你的垂帘。
Not for myself, but for my knights, for this is truly their hour of need.
knight: 骑士 truly: 真正地
不是为我自己,而是为了我的骑士们,因为现在是他们真正需要你的时候。
Deliver them from the trials ahead, and I will repay you a thousandfold with any sacrifice you ask of me.
deliver from: (把某人)从…中解救出来 trial: 考验 repay: 报答 thousandfold: 千倍的 sacrifice: 牺牲
保佑他们渡过难关,为了报答您,我愿做出千百倍的牺牲。
And if, in your wis

dom, you should determine that that sacrifice must be my life for theirs,
wisdom: 明智,正确的判断 determine: 下决心,作出决定
如果您睿智的决定让我代替他们牺牲生命,
so they may once again taste the freedom that has so long been denied to them,
taste: 品尝 freedom: 自由 deny: 拒绝给予
让他们能够再次品尝到自由的欢乐,
I will gladly make that covenant.
gladly: 欣然,高兴地 covenant: 协议
我很乐意立下这个誓言。
My death will have a purpose. I ask no more than that.
death: 死亡 purpose: 目的
我的牺牲很有价值,除此以外别无所求。
-Lancelot: Why do you always talk to God and not to me?
为什么你总是向上帝倾诉而不跟我谈?
Oh, pray to whomever you pray that we don't cross the Saxons.
pray: 祈祷,祷告 cross: 相遇,碰见
哦,向你信奉的人祈祷我们不会遇上撒克逊人吧。
-Arthur: My faith is what protects me, Lancelot. Why do you challenge this?
faith: 信仰 protect: 保护 challenge: 质疑
我的信仰保护着我,Lancelot。你为什么质疑这一点?
-Lancelot: I don't like anything that puts a man on his knees.
on one’s knees: 跪着 knee: 膝盖
我不喜欢任何让人下跪的信仰。
-Arthur: No man fears to kneel before the god he trusts.
fear: 畏惧,害怕 kneel: 跪 trust: 相信
人应该勇于在深信的上帝面前下跪。
Without faith, without belief in something, what are we?
belief: 信念,信仰
没有信仰,对任何事都没有信念,我们会变成什么样子?
-Lancelot: To try and get past the Woads in the north is insanity.
insanity: 疯狂,蠢事
想穿过沃德人控制下的北方是疯狂的行为。
-Arthur: Them we've fought before.
我们曾经战胜过他们。
-Lancelot: Not north of the wall!
那不是在城墙的北面!
How many Saxons? Hm? How many?
你想想会有多少撒克逊人?有多少?
Tell me. Do you believe in this mission?
believe in: 相信,信任 mission: 任务
告诉我,你对这次的任务有信心么?
-Arthur: These people need our help. It is our duty to bring them out.
duty: 义务,职责 bring out: 把…带出来
那的人需要我们的帮助。把他们救出来是我们的责任。
-Lancelot: I don't care about your charge,
care about: 在乎,在意 charge: 指示,命令
我才不关心你的命令,
and I don't give a damn about Romans, Britain or this island.
not give a damn: 毫不在乎 island: 岛
罗马人,不列颠,还有这个岛,我统统都不在乎。
If you desire to spend eternity in this place, Arthur, so be it,
desire: 希望,渴望 eternity: 永恒 so be it: 就那样吧
如果你想在这个地方永垂不朽,Arthur,随便你,
but suicide cannot be chosen for another!
suicide: 自杀,自取灭亡 choose: 选择
但是,你不能替别人选择自杀!
-Arthur: And yet you choose death for this family!
那难道你就选择

让这个家庭家破人亡!
-Lancelot: No, I choose life!
不,我选择的是生存!
And freedom for myself and the men!
freedom: 自由
以及我和伙伴们的自由!
-Arthur: How many times in battle have we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat?
battle: 战斗 snatch: 攫取,突然获取 victory: 胜利 jaws: 狭口,鬼门关 defeat: 战败,击败
我们有多少次在战斗中险中求胜?
Outnumbered, outflanked, yet still we triumph.
outnumber: 数量多于 outflank: 翼侧包围,包抄 triumph: 获胜,克服
以寡敌众,受到围困,但我们还是取得了胜利。
With you at my side, we can do so again.
只要有你在,我们一定能再次获胜。
Lancelot, we are knights.
knight: 武士,骑士
Lancelot,我们是骑士。
What other purpose do we serve if not for such a cause?
purpose: 目的 serve: (为…)服务 cause: 原因,理由
这难道不是我们战斗的理由吗?
-Lancelot: Arthur, you fight for a world that will never exist. Never.
exist: 存在
Arthur,你根本是在为一个不可能存在的世界战斗。从不存在。
There will always be a battlefield. I will die in battle.
battlefield: 战场 battle: 战斗
这世界永远都是战场。我会死在战场上
Of that I'm certain.
be certain of: 确信
这一点我很确定。
And hopefully a battle of my choosing.
hopefully: 怀有希望地,可望 choosing: 选择,决定
但我希望那是一场我自己选择的战斗。
But if it be this one, grant me a favor.
grant: 准许,答应给予 favor: 恩惠,帮助
但如果我在这次的任务里死去,帮我个忙。
Don't bury me in our sad little cemetery. Burn me.
bury: 埋葬,掩埋 cemetery: 目的,公墓
不要把我埋在那个可怜的小公墓里。烧掉我的尸体。
Burn me and cast my ashes to a strong east wind.
cast: 投,掷,抛 ash: 灰烬,骨灰
把我的骨灰顺东风飞洒。
-Cerdic: Don't touch their women.
别碰他们的女人。
We don't mix with these people.
mix with: 与…混合,结合
我们不和这些人杂交。
What kind of offspring do you think that would yield?
offspring: 子孙 yield: 生产
这样会生出什么样的后代来?
Weak people. Half people.
羸弱的人。杂种。
I will not have our Saxon blood watered down by mixing with them.
water down: 削弱,减弱
我不会允许我们撒克逊人高贵的血统被这些人削弱。
-Saxon Soldier A: According to our laws, no man may deny me the spoils of our conquest!
according to: 根据 deny: 否定,拒绝给予 spoil: 战利品 conquest: 征服,征服地
根据我们的法律,没人能阻止我享用战利品!
-Cynric: He speaks the truth, Father.
truth: 事实
父亲,他说的是事实。
-Woman A: My lord! Oh, my lord! God's thanks, my lord. Thank you. Thank you.
lord: 君主,老爷
大人!哦,大人!感谢上帝,大人。感谢您。感谢您。
-Cerdic: Kill her.

杀了她。
-Woman A: No! No!
不要!不要!
-Cerdic: Are you challenging me?
challenge: 挑战
你是在挑战我的权威吗?
If you want to challenge me, you have to have a sword in your hand.
sword: 剑
想挑战我的话,先去找把剑拿在手里。
As long as my heart beats, I rule and you hold your tongue.
rule: 统治,控制 tongue: 舌头
只要我还活着,最好给我闭嘴。
Or I'll cut it out.
不然我就割了你的舌头。
-Bishop Germanius: To represent the holy court, my trusted secretary, Horton... Horton?
represent: 代表 holy: 神圣的,圣洁的 court: 宫廷,法庭 trusted: 可信的 secretary: 秘书
我信任的贴身秘书Horton…将代表神圣的教会,Horton…Horton?
will accompany you on your quest.
accompany: 陪伴,陪同 quest: (中世纪骑士的)远征
和你们一起出发执行任务。
-Arthur: Jols, find him a horse.
Jols,给他找匹马。
-Jols: This way.
往这边走。
-Bishop Germanius: Godspeed, as you fulfill your duty to Rome.
fulfill: 完成,实现 duty: 职责
祝你们好运,早日完成罗马交付的任务。
-Arthur: My duty is also to my men.
我对我的部下们也有要完成的任务。
-Bishop Germanius: Then get them home.
那就把他们带回来。
-Traitor: We are three days' march from the Great Wall, if we camp at night.
march: 行军,行进 camp: 宿营,扎营
如果晚上扎营休息的话还要三天才能到达石墙。
-Cerdic: We won't camp.
我们不扎营。
-Cynric: The wall. What troops are stationed there?
troop: 军队,不对 station: 驻扎
石墙那边是什么军队驻守?
-Traitor: Light Roman infantry and possibly Sarmatian knights.
light: 少量的,轻装的 infantry: 步兵 possibly: 也许,或许 Sarmatian: (古时东欧地区维斯杜拉河和伏尔加河之间的)萨美西亚的,萨美西亚人 knight: 武士,骑士
少数的罗马步兵队。也许还有萨美西亚骑士们。
Arthur Castus is their leader.
Arthur Castus是他们的领袖。
-Cynric: Arthur? Who is this Arthur?
Arthur?Arthur是谁?
-Traitor: It is said he has never been defeated in battle. It is said he is a great warrior.
defeat: 击败,战败 battle: 战斗 warrior: 勇士,战士
据说他从来没有打过败仗。是一个伟大的勇士。
-Cerdic: Why should I trust you?
我为什么要相信你?
You're a traitor to your own people.
traitor: 叛徒
你是你们民族的叛徒。
-Cynric: Tell my father of the Roman estate. Speak up!
estate: 地区 speak up: 大声讲
告诉我父亲罗马地区的情况。快说!
-Traitor: A very high-ranking family live there.
high-ranking: 高级官员的,职位高的
有个罗马高官一家住在那里。
They are of great importance to Rome.
importance: 重要(性)
他们对罗马来说非常重要。
-Cynric: Father, their ransom could pay for the entire campaign.
ransom: 赎金 pay for: 为…付钱 entire:

全部的 campaign: 战役
父亲,他们的赎金将可以支付军费。
-Cerdic: I'll attack from the north with the main army.
attack: 攻击,进攻 main: 主要的
我带领主力部队从北面进攻。
You bring your men down here. Cut off their retreat to the south.
cut off the retreat: 截断退路 retreat: 撤退,退却
你和你的部下到这儿,切断他们南方的退路。
Burn every village, kill everybody.
village: 村庄
烧掉每个村庄,杀光所有人。
Never leave behind you a man, woman or child who can ever carry a sword.
sword: 剑
不要留下任何一个能够举起武器的人。
-Woad A: Saxon.
撒克逊人。
-Merlin: How many?
有多少?
-Woad A: Thousands.
数以千计。
-Tristan: Woads. They're tracking us.
track: 跟踪,追踪
沃德人。他们在跟踪我们。
-Arthur: Where?
在哪?
-Tristan: Everywhere.
到处都有。
-Lancelot: Get back!
get back: 回来
回来!
-Bors: Get back!
后退!
-Arthur: This way!
走这边!
-Gawain: What are you waiting for?
你们还在等什么?
-Dagonet: Inish. Devil ghosts.
devil: 魔鬼 ghost: 鬼,幽灵
原住民。一群魔鬼。
-Galahad: Why would they not attack?
attack: 攻击
他们为什么不进攻?
-Arthur: Merlin doesn't want us dead.
Merlin还不想让我们死。
-Woad Advisor: We should have killed them, Merlin.
我们应该杀了他们,Merlin。
-Merlin: There might be a purpose for Artorius and his knights.
purpose: 作用 knight: 武士,骑士
Artorius和他的骑士们可能会有用。
-Woad B: No! He is our enemy!
enemy: 敌人
不!他是我们的敌人!
-Merlin: So is the Saxon!
萨克逊人也是!
-Guard: Who are you?
你们是什么人?
-Arthur: I am Arthur Castus, commander of the Sarmatian Knights, sent by Bishop Germanius of Rome.
commander: 指挥官 Sarmatian: (古时东欧地区维斯杜拉河和伏尔加河之间的)萨美西亚的,萨美西亚人 knight: 武士,骑士 bishop: 主教
我是Arthur Castus,萨美西亚骑士的指挥官,罗马的Germanius主教派我们来的。
-Guard: Open the gate.
开门。
-Marius Honorius: It is a wonder you have come.
wonder: 奇迹,奇景
你们能来真是奇迹。
Good Jesus. Arthur and his knights.
上帝啊。Arthur和他的骑士们。
You have fought the Woads. Vile creatures.
fight: 与…战斗 vile: 非常讨厌的 creature: 生物,人
你们战胜了沃德人。那些可恶的原住民。
-Arthur: Our orders are to evacuate you immediately.
order: 命令,指示 evacuate: 撤离 immediately: 立即,马上
我们的任务是立刻保护你们撤离。
-Marius Honorius: But that... that is impossible.
impossible: 不可能的
可是…这不可能。
-Arthur: Which is Alecto?
谁是Alecto?
-Alecto: I am Alecto.
我就是Alecto。
-Marius Honorius: Alecto is my son.
Alecto是我的儿子。
-Marius Honorius: And everything we have is here in the land given t

o us by the Pope of Rome.
Pope: (罗马天主教的)教皇
我们所拥有的一切都在这儿,罗马教皇赐予我们的这片土地。
-Lancelot: Well, you're about to give it to the Saxons.
be about to: 将要
你们得把这片土地送给萨克逊人了。
-Arthur: They're invading from the north.
invade: 侵犯,入侵
他们正从北方入侵。
-Marius Honorius: Then Rome will send an army.
那罗马会派军队来的。
-Arthur: They have. Us.
是的。就是我们。
We leave as soon as you're packed.
packed: (非正式用语)收拾好行李
你们一准备好我们就离开。
-Marius Honorius: I refuse to leave.
refuse: 拒绝
我拒绝离开。
Go back to work! All of you!
回去工作!都给我回去工作!
-Soldier D: You heard! Go!
听见没有!快去!
Go! Get back to work, all of you!
get back: 回到…上来
快去!你们都给我回去工作!
Go back!
快去!
-Arthur: If I fail to bring you and your son back, my men can never leave this land.
fail to: 未能
如果我不能带你和你的儿子回去,我的部下就不能离开这里。
So you're coming with me if I have to tie you to my horse and drag you all the way to Hadrian's Wall myself.
drag: 拖,拽
所以你得跟我走,就算要把你绑在马后面拖去哈德里安城墙也在所不惜。
My lord.
lord: 领主
大人。
Lady, my knights are hungry.
knight: 武士,骑士
女士,我的骑士们都饿了。
-Marius Honorius: Go. Come!
去吧。过来!
-Bors: Come. Let us go, hm?
来。我们走吧?
-Gains: Sir, you're famous. You're Arthur, aren't you?
famous: 出名的,著名的
长官,您很有名。您是Arthur,对吧?
I'm Ganis. I'm a good fighter and I'm smart. I'd serve you proudly.
fighter: 战士 smart: 聪明的,伶俐的 serve: 帮…的忙 proudly: 自豪地,感到光荣地
我是Gains,我能打仗而且也很聪明。我愿意为您效劳。
-Man A: Are you from Rome?
你是从罗马来的吗?
-Bors: From hell.
hell: 地狱
从地狱。
-Gains: Sir.
长官。
-Arthur: Who is this man?
这个人是谁?
-Gains: He's our village elder.
village: 村庄 elder: 长辈
他是我们村里的长老。
-Arthur: What is this punishment for?
punishment: 处罚,受罚
他为什么受到惩罚?
Answer me!
回答我!
-Gains: He defied our master, Marius.
defy: 公然反抗 master: 主人,统治者
他违抗我们的领主,Marius。
Most of the food we grow is sent out by sea to be sold.
我们的收成绝大多数都被运过海去卖掉了。
He asked that we keep a little more for ourselves, that's all.
他只不过是要求多留一点食物给我们。
My ass has been snapping at the grass I'm so hungry!
ass: <美俚>屁股 snap: 猛地咬住 hungry: 饥饿的
我都饿到前胸贴后背了!
You're from Rome. Is it true that Marius is a spokesman for God and that it's a sin to defy him?
spokesman: 代言人 sin: 罪

恶,罪孽 defy: 公然反抗
您是从罗马来的。那个Marius真的是上帝的代言人?违抗他真的有罪么?
-Arthur: I tell you now.
我告诉你。
Marius is not of God.
Marius不是上帝的代言人。
And you, all of you, were free from your first breath!
breath: 呼吸,气息
而且你们,你们所有人,从一出生就是自由的!
Help this man. Help him!
救救这个人。快救他!
Now hear me. A vast and terrible army is coming this way.
vast: 巨大的 terrible: 可怕的
听我说,有支强大可怕的军队正朝我们袭来。
They will show no mercy, spare no one.
mercy: 怜悯,仁慈 spare: 饶恕
他们毫无怜悯之心,不会放过任何人。
Those of you who are able should gather your things and begin to move south towards Hadrian's Wall.
able: 有体力的 gather: 收拢,收集
有能力的就赶快收拾东西向南方哈德里安城墙逃。
Those unable shall come with us.
unable: 没有体力的
身体弱的就跟着我们。
You, serve me now. Get these people ready.
你现在是我的部下了。去让大家准备好。
-Gains: Right, you heard him.
好的,大家都听见了吧。
You go grab enough food and water for the journey.
grab: 抓取,攫取 journey: 行程,长途旅程
准备足够的食物和水启程。
Let's get a hurry on, else we're all dead!
快点,要不我们都会死!
-Soldier E: Come on, hurry.
快,快点。
-Tristan: They have flanked us to the east.
flank: 攻击…的侧翼
他们把我们逼向东面。
They're coming from the south, trying to cut off our escape.
cut off: 切断,阻断 escape: 逃走的路
另一路从南面来,想切断我们的退路。
They'll be here before nightfall.
nightfall: 黄昏,傍晚
天黑之前他们就会到了。
-Arthur: How many?
有多少人?
-Tristan: An entire army.
entire: 全部的,整个的
整支大军。
-Arthur: And the only way out is to the south?
南面是我们唯一的退路吗?
-Tristan: East. There is a trail heading east across the mountains.
trail: 小径
东面也可以。有条越过群山的小路
It means we have to cross behind Saxon lines, but that's the one we should take.
也就是说我们不得不从萨克逊大军的后面走,这是唯一的办法。
Arthur, who are all these people?
Arthur,这些人是谁?
-Arthur: They're coming with us.
他们跟我们走。
-Tristan: Then we'll never make it.
make it: (非正式)成功
那根本行不通。
-Soldier E: Come on, get back to work! Back to work!
快点,回去工作!回去工作!
-Arthur: Move. Move. Move!
让开。让开。让开!
What is this?
这是什么?
-Man A: You cannot go in there.
你不能进去。
No one goes in there. This place is forbidden.
forbidden: 不允许的,被禁止的
没有人进去过。这个地方被严禁进入。
-Marius Honorius: What are you doing? Stop this!
你在干什么?住手!
-Lancel

ot: Arthur, we have no time.
Arthur,我们没时间了。
-Galahad: Do you not hear the drums?
drum: 鼓
你没听见战鼓声吗?
-Arthur: Dagonet.
Dagonet。
-Arthur: Key.
给我钥匙。
-Soldier E: It is locked. From the inside.
门是从里面反锁的。
-Gawain: You, you... go. Move!
你,还有你,走。走!
-Lancelot: Gawain.
Gawain。
-Obnoxious monk A: Exaudi orationem meam. Exaudi orationem meam.
(拉丁语祷词)主的圣言。主的圣言。
In nomine Dei Patris omnipotentis et in virtute Spiritus Sancti.
(拉丁语祷词)万能的主降福我们,信念无敌,并与圣人们融合。
Who are these defilers of the Lord's temple?
defiler: 亵渎者,玷污者 lord: 上帝 temple: 神殿
是谁胆敢闯入上帝的神殿?
-Lancelot: Out of the way. The work of your god.
让开。这就是你上帝的杰作。
Is this how he answers your prayers?
answer: 回应 prayer: 祈祷
这就是他对你祈祷的回应?
-Arthur: See if there's any still alive.
alive: 活着的
看看还有没有人活着。
-Obnoxious monk B: How dare you set foot in this holy place?
dare: 敢,竟然 set foot in: 进入,踏进 holy: 神圣的,圣洁的
你们竟敢涉足这个神圣的地方?
-Obnoxious monk A: There was a man of God.
他是上帝的使者。
-Lancelot: Not my god!
我不信上帝!
-Dagonet: This one's dead.
这个人死了。
-Gawain: By this smell, they are all dead.
smell: 气味,臭味
这个气味,估计所有的人都死了。
And you. You even move, you join him.
还有你。要是敢动一下,你也别想活命。
-Dagonet: Arthur! You must not fear me.
Arthur!别害怕。
-Arthur: Water! Give me some water!
水!给我点水!
-Horton: His arm is broken. And his family?
broken: 破碎的
他的胳膊断了。他的家人呢?
-Tristan: She's a Woad.
她是个沃德人。
-Arthur: I'm a Roman officer. You're safe now. You're safe.
officer: 军官,官员
我是个罗马军官。你现在安全了。你安全了。
-Marius Honorius: Stop what you are doing!
你们快住手!
-Arthur: What is this madness?
madness: 疯狂,狂怒
你疯了吗?
-Marius Honorius: They're all pagans here!
pagan: 异教徒
他们都是异教徒!
-Galahad: So are we.
我们也是。
-Marius Honorius: They refuse to do the task God has set for them!
refuse: 拒绝 task: 工作,任务
他们拒绝接受上帝给他们的工作!
They must die as an example!
example: 例子,警告
他们必须死,以儆效尤!
-Arthur: You mean they refused to be your serfs!
serf: 奴隶
就因为他们拒绝做你的奴隶!
-Merlin’s lieutenant: You are a Roman. You understand. And you are a Christian.
Christian: 基督教徒
你是个罗马人。你应该明白。而且你是一个基督徒。
You! You kept her alive!
alive: 活着的
你!你让她活着!
-Man B: My lord!
lord: 领主
领主大人!
-Marius Honorius: No! No

, stop! When we get to the wall you will be punished for this heresy.
punish: 惩罚,处罚 heresy: 异教,异端邪说
不,别过来!等到了城墙那边你就等着因此受罚吧。
-Arthur: Perhaps I should kill you now and seal my fate.
perhaps: 或许,大概 seal one’s fate: 决定某人的命运 seal: 决定 fate: 命运,死亡
也许我应该现在把你杀掉,好保住我自己的命。
-Obnoxious monk A: I was willing to die with them. Yes, to lead them to their rightful place.
be willing to: 乐于 rightful: 恰当的,合适的
我愿意和他们一起死亡。是的,带领他们到达极乐世界。
It is God's wish that these sinners be sacrificed. Only then can their souls be saved.
sinner: 罪人 sacrifice: 牺牲 soul: 灵魂
让这些罪人牺牲是上帝的愿望。只有这样他们的灵魂才能被拯救。
-Arthur: Then I shall grant his wish. Wall them back up.
grant: 满足(愿望,要求) wall up: 把…关起来
那我来实现他的愿望吧。把他们关进去。
-Tristan: Arthur.
Arthur。
-Arthur: I said wall them up!
我说把他们关起来!
-Obnoxious monk A: Don't you see it is the will of God that these sinners be sacrificed?
will: 意志,意图
你还不明白吗,让这些罪人牺牲是上帝的旨意?
Unhand me, defilers... They're sinners!
unhand: 把…放开 defiler: 亵渎者,玷污者
放开我,罪人…他们是罪人!
-Gains: Get in there!
进去!
-Lancelot: We're moving too slow.
我们走的速度太慢了。
The girl's not gonna make it, and neither is the boy.
gonna: <美俚>=going to make it: (非正式)成功
那女孩撑不下来的,男孩也是。
The family we can protect, but we're wasting our time with all these people.
protect: 保护 waste: 浪费
我们可以保护一个家庭,但是这么一大群人就是在浪费我们的时间。
-Arthur: We're not leaving them.
我们不能把他们扔下不管。
-Lancelot: If the Saxons find us, we will have to fight.
如果萨克逊人发现了我们,那么肯定会战斗。
-Arthur: Then save your anger for them.
anger: 怒气,怒火
那就把气出在他们身上。
-Lancelot: Is this Rome's quest or Arthur's?
quest: 追求
这是罗马的命令,还是你Arthur的?
-Dagonet: Arthur.
Arthur。
-Arthur: How is he?
他怎么样?
-Dagonet: He burns. Brave boy.
burn: 发热,发烧 brave: 勇敢的
他发烧了。勇敢的孩子
-Arthur: Some of your fingers are out of place. I have to push them back.
finger: 手指 out of place: 不在应在的位置 push back: 使回到原处
你的几个手指骨头都错位了。我必须把它们接回去。
If I don't do this, there's a chance you may never use them again.
chance: 可能性
否则可能导致终身残疾。
-Guinevere: They tortured me. With machines.
torture: 折磨,拷问 machine: 机械,用具
他们折磨我。用各种刑具。
To make me tell them things that...

相关主题