搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › (完整word版)新视野读写教程大学英语4与新世纪视听说教程4英语高分汇总

(完整word版)新视野读写教程大学英语4与新世纪视听说教程4英语高分汇总

(完整word版)新视野读写教程大学英语4与新世纪视听说教程4英语高分汇总
(完整word版)新视野读写教程大学英语4与新世纪视听说教程4英语高分汇总

英语听力第一部分

第一篇新闻

1.What is the news report mainly about? 新闻报道的主要内容是什么?

D) The riots on Christmas Island. 圣诞岛上的骚乱。解析:主旨題.音频开头提到,伴随着一名难民罹难,出现了一些关于澳洲圣诞岛上难民收容中心所发生暴乱的相关报道,接下来的报道就此展开

2. How many refugees are held within all Australian offshore detention centers?

D)More than 200. 200多人。解析:推断題。本題针对所有澳洲收容中心中的难民人数提问,可以在音频后部听到相关信息,“大约200名寻求避难的人们被关押在圣诞节岛上,而该岛只是澳大利亚经营的几个离岸拘留中心之一。第二篇新闻

3. What is Walter Adamson?

B) An Internet and mobile services consultant.因特网和移动服务顾问。

解析:新闻中提到,沃尔特亚当森是一名澳大利亚互联网和移动服务商的咨询顾问。

4.Which area is predicted to be the largest market for mobile gambling soon?预计哪个地区将很快成为最大的移动赌博市场?

B) Asia.亚洲.解析:新闻结尾提到,欧洲是手机赌博的最大市场,但是电讯分析者预测亚洲将很快赶上。由此可知,根据预测亚洲将成为最大的手机赌博市场,故答案为B。

第三篇新闻

5. What is said about the newly discovered "Planet Nine" ?关于新发现的“第九行星”有什么看法?

C) It's about 10 times as large as the Earth. 它大约是地球的10倍。

解析:细节题。新闻前三段提到”九号行星“的发现情况,其中讲到"它的体枳約是地球的十倍,绕太阳的运行轨道约是地球的20倍之远”。

6. How long does "Planet Nine" take to make a full orbit around the sun? “九颗行星”绕太阳运行需要多长时间?

A) 10,000 to 20,000 years. 1万到2万年。

解析:细节题。新闻第四段提到“九号行星绕太阳一周大约需要1万到2万年的时间”

7.What do experts think of the identity of "Planet Nine" ? 专家们对“九颗行星”的身份有何看法?

A) They have confidence in finding convincing evidence.

解析:细节题。新闻最后提到此发现"有待证实”,,但基于“间接证据”的支撑,科学家们对于此发现物的”行星身份”

还是信心满满的.

第一篇新闻

1.How many schools offices of officials have been locked by the students? 有多少所学校的官员办公室被学生锁上了?

A)160.新闻中提到,从星期三以来,学生们已经关闭了160所学校的官员的办公室。

2. What is the students request according to the news? 根据新闻,学生们有什么要求?

A) To standardize the curriculum. 规范课程设置。新闻中提到,学生们要求减免所有非正常费用,并在全国范围内制定一个更加规范的课程标准,他们还希望寄宿学校能腾出25%的空间给那些来自偏远地区的或家境贫困的学生。

第二篇新闻

3. How many people were killed in the accident? 事故中有多少人丧生?

D) 2.解析:新闻第一句提到,一架货运飞机在东京附近紧急降落并突然着火,两名机组人员丧生,后面并未提到有其他人丧生。

4.What can we learn from the news? 我们能从新闻中学到什么?

C) The plane crashed on Monday morning. 这架飞机星期一早上坠毁了。解析:新闻后部分提到,事故发生时间是当地时间星期一06:50 左右.

第三篇新闻

5. Who did the strike cause the most confusion for? 这次罢工给谁造成了最大的混乱?

B) Commuters.上下班往返的人

6. Why did the railway workers join the strike? 铁路工人为什么参加罢工?

C)They were dissatisfied with proposed rise in unemployment. 他们对失业率上升表示不满。

7. What caused the bus drivers' strike? 巴士司机罢工的原因是什么?

C) Pay decrease.减薪。解析:新闻中提到,公共汽车司机抗双新的工作标准和減薪待遇。

第三篇部分

第一篇新闻

1. What problem do the Police Departments across the United States face? 美国警察部门面临的问题是什么?

C) A serious manpower shortage. 严重的人力短缺。解析:新闻开头提到,美国很多地区的警察部门说它们面临严重的人员短缺,招募新成员不像过去那么容易了。

2. What can we learn from the news? 我们能从新闻中学到什么?

B) A police officer was a popular profession.警察在过去是一种很受欢迎的职业。解析:文中结尾处提到,迈阿密警察局发言人德瑞西.莫斯说: “在我小时候,人们想成为一名警官、宇航员或者美国总统。现在我再也听不到这三个(职业)在排行榜的顶端了。”这表明过去人们很想成为一名警察、宇航员或者美国总统。

3. What does the news item mainly report? 新闻主要报道什么?

C) Technology brings jobs to the disabled.科技给残疾人带来了就业机会。

解析:新闻中提到,这是一个关于計算机技ボ如何使残疾人更容易迸入就业市场的例子。

4.How many disabled order entry clerks are there in 42 states who are working for the Internal Revenue Service?在42个州,有多少残疾的订单录入员在为国税局工作?

D) More than 300.(D)300多人。

解析:麦卡恩是美国42个州300多名内国税局工作的残疾的订单录入员之一。

第三篇新闻

5. Why is it estimated that a fifth of the UK' s dairy farms could face closure this year?为什么英国五分之一的奶牛场今年可能面临倒闭?

C) Milk prices decrease and debts reach a crisis level. 牛奶价格下降,债务达到危机水平。

解析:细节题。新闻开头第一句由as引出导致英国今年会有五分之一的奶牛场被迫关闭的原因——奶价下降及债务增加至临界点。

6. How many farms are closing per week according to the Royal Association of Dairy Farmers?根据皇家奶牛农场主协会的统计,每周有多少农场关闭?

C) About5.

解析:細节题。音频中出现多个数字,做题时要注意各个数字所代表的具体信息,适当做笔记,再根据问题选出正确答案。

7.What will happen to the average income of dairy farmers in this tax year according to the government figures released last month?根据上个月公布的政府数据,今年奶农的平均收入会发生什么变化?

A) It will decrease. 它会减少。

短文与对话

Track 4-1-2& 4-1-3

Blake: What are you working on, Mary? 布莱克:玛丽,你在忙什么?

Mary: I'm finishing my paper. It's due tomorrow, Blake.玛丽:我正在写完论文。明天就要交了布雷克。

Blake: What's the topic? 布莱克:主题是什么?

Mary: It's about Greenland. 玛丽:是关于格陵兰岛的。

Blake: Greenland. Hmmm . . . that's part of Canada, right? 嗯…那是加拿大的一部分,对吧?

Mary: I think you need to study your world geography, Blake.我觉得你需要学习世界地理,布雷克。

Blake: Well, isn't it near Canada?它不是在加拿大附近吗?

Mary: Yes, it's off the coast of northeast Canada, but it's part of Denmark.是的,它在加拿大东北部的海岸,但它是丹麦的一部分。

Blake: Oh, I didn't know that. Well, what's your paper about exactly?哦,我不知道。你的论文到底是关于什么的?

Mary: In my paper, I answer the question "Is Greenland really green?" In other words, is Greenland covered by a lot of plants and trees?

Mary:在我的论文中,我回答了一个问题:“格陵兰真的是绿色的吗?”换句话说,格陵兰是否被许多植物和树木覆盖?

Blake: Is it?是吗?

Mary: What do you think?你认为如何?

Blake: Let's see . . . Greenland is in the Arctic Circle-way up north. It's cold, . . . so "Is Greenland really green?" I'd answer "probably not."让我看看…格陵兰岛在北极圈的北面。天气很冷,所以“格陵兰真的是绿色的吗?”我会回答“也许不会”

Mary: You'd be correct. It's too cold there. In the north, a lot of the ground is frozen. The summers are short, so only the surface thaws.

Mary: 你说得对。那里太冷了。在北方,许多土地被冻结了。夏天很短,所以只有表面解冻。

Blake: That sounds tough.听起来很难。

Mary: It's hard for the construction industry. It's not easy to build in Greenland.建筑业很难。在格陵兰岛建房子可不容易。

Blake: It sounds so harsh. Why would anyone want to go there.听起来很艰难。为什么会有人想去那里?

Mary: There are big mountain ranges on the coasts. They're great for hiking and outdoor sports. And there are lots of animals there. You can sometimes see whales swimming in the harbors.

玛丽:海岸上有大山脉。它们很适合徒步旅行和户外运动。那里有很多动物。有时你可以看到鲸鱼在港口里游

泳。

Blake: That sounds cool! OK,so if it's not really a "green" place, why was it named "Greenland"?

布莱克:听起来很酷!好吧,如果它不是一个真正的“绿色”地方,为什么它被命名为“格陵兰”呢?

Mary: The first settlers wanted to attract other people. They gave it an attractive name.

玛丽:第一批移民想吸引其他人。他们给了它一个吸引人的名字。

题目:

1.What is Mary’s paper mainly about?玛丽的论文主要是关于什么的?

Mary is writing a report about Greenland’s plants and trees.

玛丽正在写一篇关于格陵兰植物和树木的报告

2.What do we learn about Black’s knowledge of geography?

Greenland is in the Arctic Circle-way up north. 格陵兰岛在北极圈的北面。

3.How did Greenland get its name? 格陵兰是怎么得名的?

The first settlers wanted to attract other people. They gave it an attractive name.

第一批移民想吸引其他人。他们给了它一个吸引人的名字。

4-1-4&4-1-5

Jay:Come in here, Elise. You should see this show!

Jay:进来,伊莉斯。你应该看看这个节目!

Elise: What is it?

Elise: 是什么?

Jay:It's called "The Titanic of the Sky". It's about the Hindenburg, a great engineering feat.

Jay:这叫“天空的泰坦尼克号”。这是关于兴登堡,一个伟大的工程壮举。

Elise: The Hindenburg . . .

Elise:兴登堡…

Jay:You know, that giant zeppelin that crashed in 1934.Thirty-five people died.

Jay:你知道,1933年那个巨大的齐柏林飞船坠毁了,35人死了。

Elise: Oh yeah, I remember now. It was flying from Germany to the United States. It crashed as it was landing. Elise: 噢,是的,我记得了。它从德国飞向美国。飞机在降落时坠毁了。

Jay:Right. It's so funny looking, don't you think? It doesn't look anything like the airplanes we have today.

Jay:对。看起来很滑稽,你不觉得吗?它看起来不像我们今天拥有的飞机。

Elise: That's true. Why would people ride in a zeppelin a nyway? It seems so dangerous.

Elise: 那是真的。为什么人们会乘坐齐柏林飞艇?看起来很危险。

Jay:Well, some people called the Hindenburg "man's greatest achievement in flight."They thought it was safe, I guess.

Jay:嗯,有些人把兴登堡称为“人类飞行中最伟大的成就”。我想,他们认为这是安全的。

Elise: Who rode in it anyway?

Elise: 有哪些人乘坐?

Jay:Mostly wealthy people. It accommodated between 30 and 40 passengers and crew. One person said it was like a "flying hotel."

Jay:大多是富人。它容纳了30至40名乘客和机组人员。有人说,这就像一家“飞行旅馆”。

Elise: It sounds pretty great.

Elise:听起来不错。

Jay:Yeah, and it was fast. That's why people rode it. They wanted to get to their destination faster.

Jay:是的,而且速度很快。所以人们才乘坐它。他们想更快地到达目的地。

Elise: Why didn't they just take a jet plane?

Elise: 他们为什么不乘喷气式飞机?

Jay:Elise! Y ou know they didn't have jets back then. Look, in 1934 it took five days to travel from Germany to the U.S.

by ship. The zeppelin could do it in half that time.It was speedy.

Jay:伊莉斯!你知道当时他们没有喷气式飞机。你看,1934年,从德国乘船去美国需要五天的时间。齐柏林飞艇能在一半的时间内完成,速度很快。

Elise: Well, maybe I'll sit down and watch a little bit. Maybe I'll learn something . . .

Elise:嗯,也许我可以坐下来看一会儿。也许我会学到一些东西。

4-1-6&7&8

Jack: I think we should buy a bigger car. Big cars are safer.

Jack:我想我们应该买辆更大的车。大车更安全。

Kayla: Yes, but on the other hand, they consume more oil.

Kayla: 是的,但另一方面,他们消耗更多的油。

Jack: They also look really cool.

Jack: 它们看起来也很酷。

Kayla: That’s true, but there are some SUVs which are not big but also very beautiful.

Kayla:这是真的,但是有一些不是很大但也非常漂亮的SUV。

Jack: And I think big cars are more fun to drive.

Jack: 我觉得开大车更有趣。

Kayla: But then again, it’s very expensive.

Kayla: 但是再说一遍,它很贵。

Jack: Well, let’s get more information about several kinds of cars, okay?

Jack:那么,让我们了解更多关于几种汽车的信息,好吗?

1.Who most wants a bigger car ,Kayla or Jack?谁最想要一辆更大的车,凯拉还是杰克?

Jack

2.What does Jack suggest to help resolve the difference of opinion?杰克有什么建议来帮助解决意见分歧?

Get more information about several kinds of cars.了解有关几种汽车的更多信息。

Track 4-1-9

My country has two very famous buildings called the Petronas Towers. The buildings are made of glass, steel, and concrete. They were designed by an American architect, but he used a Malaysian style. They were finished in 1998, and they were the tallest buildings in the world at that time. Each tower has 88 floors,and is 452 meters high. I really like the Petronas Towers. They show both the modern and the traditional side of my country.

我国有两座非常有名的建筑物,叫做“双子座塔”。这些建筑物是由玻璃、钢和混凝土组成的。它们是由一位美国建筑师设计的,但他使用的是马来西亚风格。它们于1998年完工,是当时世界上最高的建筑。每座塔有88层,452米高。我真的很喜欢双子座塔。它们既显示了我国现代的一面,也显示了我国传统的一面。

Track 4-1-10&11

Modern buildings: We love them, We hate them.

The world-famous Louvre Museum in Paris is almost 500 years old, and it faced a very modern problem: There simply wasn’t enough space for six million visitors each year. In 1989,American architect I.M. Pei designed a striking glass pyramid in the building’s center to be a visitor entrance and shopping arcade. But he also started an angry debate. Some people felt his glass building was a piece of art, like the ones inside the museum. Others said it was just an ugly, modern mistake.

现代建筑:我们爱他们,我们恨他们

巴黎世界著名的卢浮宫已经有近500年的历史了,它面临着一个非常现代的问题:每年都没有足够的空间容纳600万游客。1989年,美国建筑师贝聿铭在建筑中心设计了一个引人注目的玻璃金字塔,作为游客的入口和购物中心。但他也引发了一场愤怒的辩论。有些人觉得他的玻璃建筑是艺术,就像博物馆里的那些。其他人说这只是一个丑陋的,现代的错误。

Kyoto, Japan, is the country’s ancient capital, and the heart of its culture.Its railroad station was too small for the millions of visitors. In 1997, the city completed a new station in a huge shopping center, right in the oldest part of the city. Designed by Hiroshi Hara, the building also contains a hotel and department store. Before it was built, critics said that the high, wide, modern building would destroy the city’s traditional look. On the other hand, supporters said it would bring new life into the city center.

日本京都是日本的古都,也是日本文化的中心。它的火车站太小了,不能容纳数百万的游客。1997年,该市在

一家大型商店建成了一个新的车站。市中心,就在城市最古老的地方。这座建筑由原广志设计,还包括一家酒店和一家百货公司。在它建成之前,评论家们说高、宽,现代的建筑会破坏这个城市的传统面貌。另一方面,支持者说这将给市中心带来新的生活。

Track 4-1-12&4-1-13

The future building boom?未来的建筑热潮?

Interviewer: What do you think is the biggest problem facing our cities?

记者:你认为我们城市面临的最大问题是什么?

Erika:I think it's overcrowding. Talk to anyone living in a major metropolitan area and they will say the same thing;There's no space. Even the suburbs are getting crowded.

Erika:我想是人满为患。和住在大都市区的人交谈,他们会说同样的话,没有空间。就连郊区也越来越拥挤。

Interviewer: Well, in some places there simply isn't any land left for building, right?

面试官:嗯,在一些地方根本就没有土地可供建设,对吗?

Erika:Yes, that's true, but you have to think creatively. You can't give up so easily.

Erika:是的,那是真的,但你必须要创造性地思考。你不能轻易放弃。

Interviewer: Think creatively? What do you suggest?

记者:创造性地思考?你有什么建议?

Erika:What I'm saying is that we can build more structures underground. We can add parking lots, malls, hotels, and even apartment buildings. There's plenty of space.

Erika:我的意思是我们可以在地下建造更多的建筑。我们可以增加停车场,购物中心,酒店,甚至公寓楼。有足够的空间。

Interviewer: Isn't it expensive?

记者:是不是很贵?

Erika:Yes, it can be. In the past building underground has been very expensive. However, we have new technology that will bring the cost down. It involves using robots. You don't have to pay robots a salary!

Erika:是的,确实是。在过去,地下建筑是非常昂贵的。然而,我们有新的技术可以降低成本。它涉及到使用机器人。你不用付机器人工资!

Interviewer: Isn't "building down" more dangerous than other kind of construction?

记者:“建地下建筑”是不是比其他建筑更危险?

Erika:Actually, I think it's safer than building skyscrapers, for example. Remember, we already do it. We have subways and underground shopping malls. I'm just suggesting we invest in a variety of bigger projects and that we dig deeper.

Erika:事实上,我认为这比建造摩天大楼安全。记住,我们已经做到了我们有地铁和地下购物中心。我只是

建议我们投资于各种更大的项目,并深入挖掘。

Interviewer: What would you say to people who doubt your idea?

记者:你会对那些怀疑你想法的人说什么?

Erika:I can understand their feelings. Whenever there's a new idea, it can cause controversy. But building down" is not some kind of impractical idea. It makes sense. There is so much space underground: It can accommodate a lot of traffic, storage, and people. With the new technology we have, we'd be crazy not to consider the idea --it's the wave of the future!

Erika:我能理解他们的感受。只要有新的想法,就会引起争议。但是,“建立地下建筑”并不是什么不切实际的想法。这不足为奇地下有这么多的空间:它可以容纳大量的交通、储存和人员。有了我们的新技术,如果不考虑这个想法,我们会疯掉的-这是未来的潮流!

1.What dose “building down”mean?“楼下”是什么意思?

Structures underground. 地下建筑。

2.What did Erika say to support her view that building down is the solution to overcrowding in cities?

Erika 说了些什么来支持她在城市里建房子是解决过度拥挤问题的方法的观点?

We have new technology that will bring the cost down.我们有新技术可以降低成本。

4-1-16&4-1-17

Bart:So what exactly did you do over the summer?那么你这个夏天到底做了什么?

Gustav:We worked as volunteers at Glacier National Park.我们在冰川国家公园当志愿者

Bart:I’ve never been there. What’s it like?我从没去过那里。是什么样的?

Carolina:It’s beautiful. There are mountains and lakes … and, of course, glaciers!很漂亮。有山有湖…当然还有冰川!

Bart:How was the job?工作怎么样?

Gustav:We had to do a lot of physical work. It was kind of hard.我们不得不做很多体力活。有点难。

Carolina:That’s true, but it was exciting, too! We actually saw bears!

Carolina:这是真的,但也很令人兴奋!我们真的看到熊了!

Bart:Wow! That does sound exciting. Maybe I should apply. I’ll need a job next summer.

Bart:哇,听起来真令人兴奋。也许我该申请。明年夏天我需要一份工作。

Carolina:Sorry, Bart, but you can’t apply to that program. It’s a special program for international students.

Carolina:抱歉,巴特,但你不能申请那个项目。这是一个针对国际学生的特殊项目。

4-1-18

(Audio Track 4-1-18)Conversation 1

A: l would like to live in a city apartment. It would be near public transportation as

that would save a lot of time. I do not want to waste time commuting several

hours each day from home to university.

A:我想住在城市公寓里。它将接近公共交通,因为这将节省大量时间。我不想把时间浪费在每天从家里到大学上几个小时的通勤上。

B: That is very nice, but Id prefer to live in the suburbs. The prices there are

lower and we would be able to afford a house with bigger bedrooms.

B:那很好,但我更喜欢住在郊区。那里的价格比较低,我们可以买得起一套有更大卧室的房子。

A: It would be cheaper, but don 't you think the suburbs would be inconvenient?

A:这样会更便宜,但你不认为郊区会很不方便吗?

B: Well, you have a point there, so we would need to get a car too.

B:嗯,你说的有道理,所以我们也需要买辆车。

Conversation 2

A: l would prefer to live in the suburbs. We would enjoy the peace and quiet, away

from all the city noise. Moreover, it would be a good environment for study.

A:我宁愿住在郊区。我们将享受宁静的宁静,远离城市的喧嚣。此外,这将是一个良好的学习环境。

B: Even so, I think life in the suburbs would be boring. We d have nothing to do

on weekends.

B:即使如此,我认为郊区的生活还是很无聊的。周末我们没有什么可做的。

Unit 1, Lesson B

Track 4-1-21

Dictation:

Listen to the story summary. Fill in the blanks with what you hear.

听故事总结。用你所听到的填空。

Takeshi and Roberto walk by a construction site and start talking about all the buildings that are being built in New York. Takeshi then talks about how much he admires the skyscrapers. Suddenly, Takeshi starts taking pictures of the site, but Roberto can’t understand why because nothing has been built yet. Takeshi explains that he thinks something famous may be there someday, like a hotel where the rich and famous stay, and he wants to be the only one with pictures of it before it was built. The funny part is when Roberto asks one of the construction workers what’s being built on the site-it turns out

it’s going to be a parking garage!

Takeshi和Roberto经过一个建筑工地,开始谈论纽约正在建造的所有建筑。然后,武志谈到了他对摩天大楼的钦佩之情。突然,带着石开始拍摄这个网站的照片,但是罗伯托不明白为什么,因为还没有建好。Takeshi解释说,他认为有一天会有一些著名的东西出现在那里,比如一家旅馆。他是一位富有而著名的旅店,他想成为唯一一个在它建成之前就有照片的人。有趣的是当罗伯托问其中一个建筑工人在工地上建造什么建筑时原来那是个停车场!

UNIT3

Track 4-3-2&4-3-3

Conversation 1

Woman 1:What are you watching?

你在看什么?

Woman 2:Oh, just the news.

哦,只是个新闻。

Woman 1:Can I change the channel?

我可以换频道吗?

Woman 2:In just a minute. I want to see the end of this report.

等一下。我想看到这份报告的结尾。

Woman 1:I didn't know you were interested in the news.

我不知道你对这个新闻感兴趣。

Woman 2:Well, it's Christiane Amanpour. She's really great. She usually reports from London -- the city where she was born.

Well, it's Christiane Amanpour.她真的很棒。她经常在伦敦报道新闻——她出生的城市。

Woman 1:I don't know her.

我不认识她。

Woman 2:She's an international correspondent. She goes to some really dangerous places. When there's a war, she's usually there.

她是个国际记者。她去了一些非常危险的地方。当有战争时,她通常在那里。

Woman 1:Sounds scary.

听起来很吓人。

Woman 2:Yeah. And -- get this --she's a wife and mother, too.

嗯,她同时也是妻子和母亲。

Woman 1:That's very impressive!

太令人印象深刻了!

Conversation 2

Man 1: That's a strange -- looking book. What is it?

那是本奇怪的书。那是什么?

Man 2: It's the writings and photos of Dan Eldon. He was a photojournalist.

这是丹·埃尔顿的作品和照片。他是个摄影记者。

Man 1: A photojournalist?

摄影记者?

Man 2: Yeah. A photographer and a journalist. He was born in London in 1970. The book tells all about his life and his dangerous adventures.

嗯,摄影师和记者。他1970年出生于伦敦。这本书讲述了他的生活和他的危险冒险。

Man 1: Well, the book certainly looks interesting. Has he written anything else?

这本书看上去确实很有趣。他还写了什么吗?

Man 2: He wrote a book when he was younger. Unfortunately, he won't be writing anything else -- he was killed.

他年轻时写了一本书。不幸的是,他不会再写其他东西了-他被杀了。

Man 1: He died?

他死了?

Man 2: Yeah. It's really sad. He was only 22. He was killed while working in Africa.

嗯,真的让人很伤心。他才22岁。他在非洲工作时被杀了。

Track4-3-4&4-3-5

Joe: What are you reading, Maria?

你在读什么玛丽亚?

Maria: The Daily News.

每日新闻。

Joe: The News? Ugh! That’s a terrible paper.

新闻?啊!那是一份糟糕的报纸。

Maria: Oh, Joe, it’s not so bad.

哦,乔,没那么糟。

Joe: Not so bad? Look at that headline on the front page! It’s so sensational.

没那么糟吧?看看头版的标题!太耸人听闻了。

Maria: Well, they’ve got great comics. I can’t live without my comics.

他们有很棒的漫画。没有漫画我就活不下去了。

Joe: I know. But the news c overage is so poor, ... especially the international news. It’s a joke, really.

我知道呀但是新闻报道太差了,尤其是国际新闻。这是个玩笑真的。

Maria: I’m not so interested in the international news. Besides, they have so many other good features.

我对国际新闻不太感兴趣。此外,他们还有很多其他好的特点。

Joe: Like what?

比如呢?

Maria: Like… the daily horoscope, f or example. I love it.

比如…每天的占星术。我爱死它了。

Joe: That’s not a good reason to buy a newspaper … for the horoscope!

这不是一个买报纸的好理由·····为了占星术!

Maria: Look, the newspaper only costs 50 cents. What so you expect?

看,报纸只卖50美分。你还指望什么?

Joe: Good point.说的好

Maria: Besides the horoscope, I also like the entertainment news. I like to read about the stars and their love affairs.

除了占星术之外,我还喜欢娱乐新闻。我喜欢阅读明星和他们的爱情故事。

Joe: Well, you can keep The Daily News. I’m going to stick with The Times.

你可以保留每日新闻。我要继续关注“泰晤士报”。

Track 4-3-6&4-3-7

Amy: John, I’ve never notice this old photo of your family before.

约翰,我从来没注意过这张你家人的老照片。

John: My mother just found it in the attic. She decided to hang it up.

我妈妈刚在阁楼里找到的。她决定把它挂起来。

Amy: It’s a nice picture of your family.

这是你家人的美好照片。

John:I think it’s embarrassing. And I look stupid.

我觉得很尴尬。我看起来很蠢。

Amy: Well, you could have combed your hair … it’s a nice shot, though. Look at how young you are! How old were you in the photo?

好吧,你可以梳头…不过,这是个不错的机会。看看你有多年轻!照片里的你多大了?

John: Eight … no wait, I’d just turned nine.

八…不,等等,我刚满九岁。

Amy: I guess these two people are your parents.

我猜这两个人是你的父母。

John: Yep. They were married when that picture was taken. Now they’re divorced.

是啊。拍那张照片时他们已经结婚了。现在他们离婚了。

Amy: Oh. What do they do?

哦。他们干些什么?

John:My father’s retired. Mom works in a hospital.

我父亲退休了。妈妈在医院工作。

Amy: What are their names?

他们叫什么名字?

John:Well, my father’s name is Joseph. My mother is Olivia---she was named after a popular actress.

我父亲叫约瑟夫。我母亲是奥利维亚-她是以一位受欢迎的女演员的名字命名的。Amy: How great! I have an aunt with the same name. I love the name Olivia … Who’s that guy?

多棒啊!我有一个同名的姑姑。我喜欢奥利维亚…这个名字那家伙是谁?

John: Which one?

哪个?

Amy: The guy standing behind you. Is that your brother, Tom?

站在你后面的那个人。那是你弟弟吗汤姆?

John: No, that's my Uncle Randy. He’s only two years older than my brother.

不,那是我叔叔兰迪。他只比我哥哥大两岁。

Amy: He’s cute. I love a guy with a moustache.

他很可爱。我喜欢留胡子的人。

John: Um, sorry, but he’s married now. His wife just had a baby.

嗯,真遗憾,他现在结婚了。他妻子刚生了个孩子。

Amy: I was just making a comment … So the other young guy must be your brother.

我只是在评论…所以另一个年轻人一定是你哥哥。

John: Yes. That’s Tom.

是那是汤姆。

Amy: How old is he in the picture?

照片里的他多大了?

John: Let’s see … he’s nine years older than me … so he would‘ve been 18 then.

让我们看看……他比我大九岁……那时他就18岁了。

Amy: And there’s your little sister, Tina. She’s so cute!

还有你妹妹蒂娜。她真可爱!

John: Yeah. She’s two years younger than me. It’s hard to believe she’s in high school now!

嗯,她比我小两岁。真不敢相信她现在都上高中了!

Track 4-3-8&4-3-9

1. A bank robbery in Virginia, USA, was stopped when the robber and the bank teller couldn’t reach an agreement. The robber pushed a holdup note under the window, but the teller looked at it, said,” I can’t read this,” and gave it back. The robber pushed the note through a second time. The teller crumpled the note up and threw it at the robber. He picked it up and walked out of the bank.

在美国弗吉尼亚州发生的一起银行抢劫案因劫匪和银行出纳员未能达成协议而被制止。强盗把一张持枪字条推到窗户下面,但出纳员看了看,说:“我可以。不要看这个,“然后还给我。强盗第二次把那张纸条推过去了。出纳员把纸条揉成一团,扔给强盗。他拿起它,走出了银行。

2. A professional ice hockey player will miss the rest of this season’s games because he injured himself. National Hockey League goalie Jean-Louis Blanchard went on the injured list after he fell and seriously hurt his back. He was walking out of a restaurant in Ottawa, Canada, when he slipped on some ice.

职业冰球运动员会错过本赛季剩下的比赛,因为他伤了自己。国家曲棍球联盟守门员路易斯-布兰查德在摔倒并连续受伤后,被列入受伤名单。他伤了背部。他正从加拿大渥太华的一家餐馆走出来,这时他在冰上滑倒了。

3.The first international camel beauty contest was held last week in Alxa, in western China. More than 100 dressed-up camels entered the contest. The judges examined them for shiny hair, tall humps, and beautiful costumes. Unlike human beauty contests, though, there were no interviews with the contestants.

第一届国际骆驼选美比赛上周在中国西部的阿尔萨举行。100多只穿好衣服的骆驼参加了比赛.评委们对他们进行了检查,看他们是否有亮丽的头发、高高的驼峰漂亮的服装。然而,与人类美容大赛不同的是,没有对参赛者进行采访。

4.Police in Sheffield, England, arrested a 41-year-old man for stealing five cars. Graham Owens went to car dealers and said he wanted to buy a car, and borrowed a car to test-drive. Each time, he drove the car around, then cleaned it inside and washed it outside---before leaving it at the side of the road, and walking home.

英国谢菲尔德警方逮捕了一名41岁男子,他涉嫌偷窃5辆汽车.格雷厄姆·欧文斯去找汽车经销商,说他想买辆车,并借了一辆汽车来测试驾驶。每次他都开车在周围转悠,然后在车内清洗,然后在外面洗-然后把它留在路边,然后步行回家。

Track 4-3-10&4-3-11

1.Nutty news

Lulu is a kangaroo. For 10 years she has lived with the Richards family. Lulu was adopted by the family after they found her next to her dead mother.

露露是袋鼠。十年来,她一直和理查兹一家住在一起。露露是被收养的,因为他们发现她在她死去的母亲旁边。

Mr. Ken Richards is a farmer. He was working on his farm when a heavy tree branch suddenly fell on top of him.

肯·理查兹先生是个农民。他正在农场干活时,突然有一根粗大的树枝落在他的头顶上。

Lulu stood next to Mr. Richards’ body. She started barking and didn’t leave Mr. Richards’ side.

露露站在理查兹先生的尸体旁边。她开始吠叫,没有离开理查兹先生身边。

I’ve never heard Lulu bark like that---she sounded like a dog. She barked and barked and she didn’t stop, “said Celeste, Mr. Richards’ daughter.

我从没听过露露那样叫-她听起来像只狗。她叫了起来,她不停地叫,“理查兹先生的女儿塞莱斯特说。

After 15 minutes,the Richards family went to investigate. They found Ken on the ground and he was unconscious.

15分钟后,理查兹一家去调查。他们在地上发现肯,他昏迷了。

“Lulu is a hero, “said Celeste. “She saved my father.”

“露露是个英雄,”塞莱斯特说。“她救了我父亲”

Mr. Middleton, an expert veterinarian, said that Lulu’s story is rare. “I have never seen a kangaroo act like that.

Maybe lulu helped Ken Richards because the Richards family is the only family she has ever known.”

专家兽医米德尔顿说,露露的故事很少见。“我从来没见过袋鼠那样的行为。也许露露帮助了肯理查兹,因为理查兹一家是她唯一的家人。“我从来没有听说过。”

Lulu has always followed Ken around the farm. She’s a loyal, friendly, and very intelligent kangaroo. After Ken leaves the hospital, he is planning to go everywhere with Lulu.

露露一直跟着肯恩在农场转悠。她是个忠诚,友好,聪明的袋鼠。肯恩出院后,他正计划和露露一起去任何地方。

2.Nutty news

Approximately 175,000 people live in the Republic of Vanuatu, an island chain east of Australia. It is a popular tourist destination because there’s a lot to do there: you can visit waterfalls, go horseback riding, take an aerial tour, or visit a traditional Ni-Vanuatu village. Vanuatu is most famous for its scuba diving and snorkeling.

大约175 000人居住在瓦努阿图共和国,这是澳大利亚东部的一个岛屿链。这是一个很受欢迎的旅游胜地,因为那里有很多事情要做:你可以游览瀑布,去旅游骑马,空中旅行,或参观传统的尼-瓦努阿图村庄。

瓦努阿图最著名的是它的潜水和浮潜。

In an effort to draw attention to these popular water sports, Vanuatu has created a world’s “first”: the government has opened an underwater post office.You have to be a certified scuba driver to work there. The

office is three meters below the surface in an area on the outskirts of Port Vila, the capital city. So far, the post office has hired four workers. They will work in a room surrounded by the beauty of Vanuatu’s underwater world.

Customers will buy waterproof postcards on land and then drive down to the post office to receive a special waterproof stamp.

为了引起人们对这些受欢迎的水上运动的关注,瓦努阿图创造了一个世界第一:政府开设了一个水下邮局。你必须是一名合格的潜水司机才能在那儿。这间办公室位于首都维拉港郊区的一个区域,距离地面三米。到目前为止,邮局已经雇用了四名工人。他们将在一个被包围的房间里工作瓦努阿图水下世界的美丽。顾客会在陆地上购买防水明信片,然后开车到邮局领取一张特殊的防水邮票。

Unit 3, Lesson B

Dictation

听故事摘要。用你听到的填空。

Mike reads about a cool concert in the newspaper. He and Takeshi want to go, but the show is sold out. Then Takeshi sees a woman with long hair who’s wearing a blue jacket and glasses. He realizes it’s Anna, a music reviewer who lives in their apartment building. Mike tells Takeshi to see if she can get them concert tickets. Takeshi goes over and tells Anna that he and his roommate were just talking about the concert. Anna says she has two tickets and invites him to go with her. Takeshi can’t believe it. He has a concert ticket and a date with Anna Markovich. Mike doesn’t mind Takeshi going without him, though. He says he has more important things to do-like reading the newspaper!

听故事摘要。用你听到的填空。

迈克在报纸上读到一场很酷的音乐会。他和Takeshi想去,但是演出已经卖完了。然后Takeshi看到一个留着长发的女人,她穿着蓝色夹克,戴着眼镜。他意识到了安娜,一位音乐评论家,住在他们的公寓里。迈克告诉武喜看她能否买到音乐会门票。武士走过去告诉安娜,他和他的室友只是说说而已。关于音乐会的事。安娜说她有两张票,并邀请他和她一起去。武之不敢相信。他有音乐会门票和安娜·马科维奇的约会。迈克不介意武喜去不过,他就是这样。他说他还有更重要的事要做-比如看报纸!

UNIT4

Track 4-4-1&4-4-2

Alice: I work six days a week. My shift is from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. I'm on my feet all day long. It's a very active job. Most of my customers are nice. I try to be friendly to everyone, but it's difficult sometimes. My customers give me good tips. That's nice.

我一周工作六天。我的班是早上7点到下午3点。我整天都站着。这是一项非常积极的工作。我的大多数顾客都很好。我试着对每个人友好,但有时很难。我的顾客给我很好的建议。那很好啊。

Diane: I'm very punctual -- actually, I can't be late! You know what they say, "The show must go on!" I like being on stage.Something always happens, though. During the show last week, the lights went out. I couldn't believe it! You definitely have to be flexible.

我很准时-事实上,我不能迟到!你知道他们怎么说的,“演出必须继续!”我喜欢在舞台上。不过总会有事情发生。在上周的演出中,灯光熄灭了。我简直不敢相信!你一定要灵活些。

Mimi: My students are eight years old. I have to be careful about what I say and do. They are always watching me and copying my behavior. I'm like a big sister. The kids have a lot of energy. I need patience in this job, that's for sure!

我的学生都八岁了。我必须小心我的言行。他们总是盯着我,模仿我的行为。我就像个大姐。孩子们有很多精力。我在这份工作中需要耐心,这是肯定的!

Track4-4-3&4-4-4

Man: So, I see here that you went to college.

我看到你上过大学。

Camille: Yes, sir. For two years. I didn’t graduate.

是的,先生。大约两年。我没有毕业。

Man: Do you speak any languages besides English?

除了英语,你还会说什么语言吗?

Camille: Yes, I speak conversational French.

是的,我会说法语。

Man: Any other languages?

还有其他语言吗?

Camille: No, that’s it.

没有,就这些了。

Man: Well, that’s great. As you know, we fly to Paris twice a week. We always need

people who can speak French.

那太好了。如你所知,我们每周飞往巴黎两次。我们总是需要会说法语的人。

Man: Let’s see… have you worked for an airline before?

让我们看看…你以前在航空公司工作过吗?

Camille: No. I have no job experience.

不,我没有工作经验。

Man: So, this would be your first job.

所以这是你的第一份工作。

Camille: Yes.是的

Man; Well, I only have two more questions. Are you healthy and physically fit? Can you lift heavy objects?

我只有两个问题。你身体健康吗?你能举起重物吗?

Camille: Yes, I think so.

是的,我想我可以。

Man: Well, the emergency window exit on the plane weighs about 50 pounds. And the meal cart is very heavy, too. You need to move those objects sometimes.

嗯,飞机的紧急出口重约50磅。餐车也很重。你有时需要移动那些物体。

Camille: I think I can do that.

我想我能做到。

Man: Wonderful. Let me tell you about the next step. We have a six-week training program that takes place in the summer. You have to…

太棒了。我来告诉你下一步的事。我们有一个为期六周的训练项目,在夏天进行。你必须…

Track 4-4-5

A.Listen to Olivia talking about her future plan and fill in the blanks with information from the talk.

听奥利维亚谈论她的未来计划,用谈话中的信息填空。

I plan to become a teacher after I finish my studies. I decided to study at this university because the te aching

program is very good. We have a lot of practice working with children. I love to work with young kids. I expect to graduate from the university next June, and I hope to find a job in a kindergarten. I’ll try to start working in September.

我打算在完成学业后成为一名教师。我决定在这所大学学习,因为教学计划很好。我们有很多与孩子打交道的练习。我喜欢和年轻的孩子们一起工作。我希望明年6月大学毕业,我希望能在幼儿园找到一份工作。我将在九月开始工作。

Track 4-4-6

B.Listen to the job interview. Check the right item in the table based on the information from the interview.

听工作面试。根据面试的信息,检查表格中正确的项目。

Mr. Grant:Hello, Ms. Hale. I’m Mr. Grant, the advertising manager for the company. Do you have a resume or curriculum vitae to give to me?

你好,Ms. Hale。我是公司的广告经理Grant先生。你有简历给我吗?

Ms. Hale: Yes, Mr. Grant. Here it is.是的格兰特先生。在这呢。

Mr. Grant: Thank you. Now, let me tell you a little bit about the job. We need someone to design brochures on the computer. Do you have up-to-date computer skills?谢谢。现在,让我告诉你一点关于这份工作的事情。我们需要有人

在电脑上设计小册子。你有最新的电脑技能吗?

Ms. Hale: Yes, I do. In my present position I use computer graphics all the time. I have experience with animation as well.是的,我知道在我目前的工作岗位上,我一直在使用计算机图形学。我也有动画方面的经验。

Mr. Grant: Oh, that’s very good. We hope to launch a new group of animated ads next spring. Can you work with others in a pleasant manner, Ms. Hale?哦,那很好。我们希望明年春天推出一组新的动画广告。你能以愉快的方式和别人一起工作吗,Ms. Hale?

Ms. Hale: My co-workers seem to think so. I can also work independently by myself.

我的同事们似乎这么想。我也可以独立工作。

Mr. Grant: That’s necessary, too. What about flexibility in working long hours on a project?

这也是必要的。在一个项目中长时间工作的灵活性如何?

Ms. Hale: I have a lot of energy and I’m willing to get the job done. The work I did last year won two awards at a national conference.

我有很多精力,我愿意把工作做完。我去年所做的工作在一次全国会议上获得了两个奖项。

Mr. Grant: Excellent. That’s very impressive. By the way, did I mention that we need someone to start next week?

太棒了。真是令人印象深刻。顺便问一下,我有没有说过我们需要有人下周开始工作?

Ms. Hale: No, you didn’t, but it might be possible.

不,你没有,但这可能是可能的。

Mr. Grant: Good. Thank you for coming today. We’ll be in touch soon.

好谢谢你今天能来。我们很快就会联系的。

Track4-4-7&4-4-8

You’ve never met Melissa Hayes, and you don’t know her name, but you know her voice. Melissa record information messages for the telephone company. When you hear the number you called has been changed…--that’s Mellissa!

你从没见过梅丽莎·海斯,你也不知道她的名字,但你知道她的声音。梅利萨为电话公司记录信息。当你听到你打的电话已经变了D…-那是Mellissa!

“Yes, it’s true,” she say. “I’m the voice talent for Nation Telephone.” At least 50000 people hear her voice every day. “I try to sound warm and friendly, even when I’m saying, I’m sorry, that number is incorrect. Please try again.”

“是的,这是真的,”她说。“我是国家电话的话音天才。”每天至少有50000人听到她的声音。“我试着听起来热情友好,即使我说,对不起,那个号码是不正确的。请再试一次。

Melissa works only three days a week, but she has to practice a lot. “My voice has to sound the same at the end of eight hours.” She’s very careful about her voice. “I don’t drink lots of water with honey. I can’t g to horror

新世纪大学英语系列教程第版综合教程答案

Unit Two Optimism and Positive Thinking Enhance Your Language Awareness Words in Action ■ Working with Words and Expressions 1. In the box below are some of the words you have learned in this unit. Complete the following sentences with them. Change the form where necessary. ■ Answers: positive startled perspective harden shape address crises curse incredible 10) conversely 11) issue 12) response 13) prior 14) rare 15) accomplish 2. In the box below are some of the expressions you have learned in this unit. Do you understand their meanings? Do you know how to use them in the proper context? Now check for yourself by doing the blank-filling exercise. Change the form where necessary. ■ Answers: get the hang of have lived through makes a difference have no idea concerned with slipped over ran into in reverse mull over ■ I ncreasing Your Word Power 1. D ecide whether “do ”, “make ”or “take ”is needed to complete each of the following sentences. Change the verb form where necessary. ■ A nswers: does make take do make Take done taken making ))))))))) ))))))))) ))))))))) 10) took

新世纪大学英语4课后答案

Text A compelled 迫使destruction 破坏eternal 永恒的output 产量retreat 撤退threaten 威胁transfer 转移Text B bare 赤裸consumed 耗尽have emerged 出现hollow 空心mass 大量miracle 奇迹pile 一堆scrape擦spark 火星thereby 由此tipped 顶端trigger 触发 1. If you had had a spark of consideration for your family ,you wouldn't have taken so many stupid risks. 如果你有为你的家人多一点考虑,你就不会有那么多愚蠢的风险。 2. Due to the lack of labor force, even women in this village were compelled to work in the coal mines. 由于缺乏劳动力这个村的妇女甚至被迫在煤矿工作。 3. We went through lovely countryside with great mountains, some of them beautiful and green and wooded, while others bare and wild. 我们穿过了美丽的农村巨大的群山,其中一些美丽的绿色和繁茂的,而其他人赤裸的和野生。 4. The cleaner took off his coat and began to scrape the ashes from the furnace with his bare hands. 清洁脱掉外套,开始擦去炉上的灰烬随着他的赤裸的双手。 5. People in that area are already threatened with environmental destruction since 60% of the forest there has been destroyed. 人们已经感受到环境破坏方面的威胁,因为有60%的森林已被破坏 6. The auto company has seen a huge increase in the output of private can this year due to the improved working efficiency. 汽车公司已经看到了今年由于提高了工作效率,私人产量大幅增加。 7. Under the severe attack from enemy aircraft, the troops were forced to retreat from front. 在敌机的严厉打击下,前面的部队被迫撤退。 8. When I came up to a giraffe lying on the grasses, I found that it had been killed with a spear tipped with poison. 当我来到一个长颈鹿躺在草,我发现它已经被带毒尖矛杀死。 9. He stayed eight days in an open boat with no food, and he was still alive; his survival was a(n) miracle. 他在无遮档的小船上呆了八天,又无食物,还活下来了,这真是个奇迹。 10. Survival of the Fittest is an eternal truth of nature. 适者生存是一个自然界的永恒的真理。 11. His hear sank when he saw the fresh pile of mails, memos and telephone messages on his desk. 他听到沉没时,他看到邮件的新的一堆,在他的书桌上的备忘录和电话留言。 12. The military government refused to transfer power to a democratically elected civilian government. 军事政府拒绝将权力移交给一个民选的文官政府. 13. In that area nearly six million people are affected by the drought and the civil war, and there is a real danger of mass starvation. 在那个地区近六百万人受到干旱和内战的影响,并有大规模饥荒的一个真正的危险。 14. Postal service personnel who are severely irresponsible purposely delay sending mail, thereby giving rise to great loss of public trust. 谁是严重不负责任的邮政服务人员故意延迟发送邮件,致使公共信任的巨大损失。 15. With the increase in the number of foreign funded enterprises, various kinds of financial disputes have emerged. 随着外资企业的增加,各类经济纠纷的出现。 16. The earthquake may trigger landslides that cause great damage and loss of life. 地震可能引发的山体滑坡造 成巨大的破坏和生命损失。 17. Deforesting and global warming threaten to ruin the current and future state of our environment. 毁林和全球变暖的威胁破坏我们的环境的当前和未来的态。 18. It was reported that almost 7 million liters consumed during the 16-day beer festival in Germany that year. 据报道,每年大约7000000 公升的啤酒节的16 天在德国消耗。 19. On a bitterly cold night, the only shelter he could find was the hollow trunk of a great tree. 在一个寒冷的夜晚,他能找到的唯一的栖身之处是空心的大树的树干。

新世纪大学英语系列教材综合教程三(New century college English Series coursebook three, )

新世纪大学英语系列教材综合教程三3(New century college English Series coursebook three, 3) New century integrated unit test -- Unit 3, Book 4 Listening Comprehension Please fill in the Script as required: True or False Directions: There are ten statements in this section. Numbers are based on 1 to 6 Text A while the rest are based on Text B. Listen carefully and decide whether each of the following is true or false. (10 points) One True False Please fill in the Script as required: When, the, author, got, first, computer, he, was, rather, surprised, to, find, there, were, his, already, so,, many, magazines, computing., about Two True False Please fill in the Script as required:

The, author, was, sure, that, he, should, write, because, he,, had, acquired, enough, knowledge. Three True False Please fill in the Script as required: At, the, very, beginning, the, author, did, not, know, that, technology, and, freedom,, were, related, other., to, each Four True False Please fill in the Script as required: By, acquiring, more, knowledge, people, may, find, that, today's, truth,, may, not, be, true, tomorrow. Five True False Please fill in the Script as required: In 1992, Brazil, suffered, a, lot, the, terrible, rains, because, its, forecasters, from, did, not,, know, the, beforehand., relevant, information

新标准大学英语视听说教程 听力原文 Unit new

Unit 4-Conversation 1 Kate: So, what did you think of the movie? Mark: It was good but I thought it was too long. Kate: Yes, me too. Kate: Hey, where's my bike? I don't believe it! It's gone! Mark: It was next to mine, you chained it up! Kate: Someone's stolen it! Oh, how could they! Mark: Oh, Kate! Kate: How could someone have done this! The creep! Mark: It's a really mean thing to do, steal a bike. Kate: It was a mountain bike and it cost a fortune —I don't have the money to buy another one. Mark: Listen, I'll go down the street and see if I can see anyone with it. Why don't you go into that shop and see if they've seen anything suspicious? I'll be back in a minute. Kate: OK. Kate: Well? Ma rk: No luck. What did they say in the shop? Kate: I asked the shopkeeper if she'd seen anything — Mark: And? Kate: She said she hadn't. I guess it was a long shot. She advised me to report it to the police. But according to her, bikes get stolen all the time around here.

新世纪大学英语综合教程4课后答案(完整版)

Unit1 Working with words and expressions 1. 2. cloze Translation

Answers to Unit 2 Book 4 Unit Two Man and Technology Words in Action Working with Words and Expressions 1. 1) monitor 2) phenomenon 3) isolation 4) gradual 5) opponent 6) advent 7) genetic 8) consciously 9) extreme 10) nasty 11) boom 12) formal 13) soar 14) survey 15) Similarly 16) modify 17) rough 2. 1) at the same time 2) are stuck with 3) for certain 4) make no difference 5) on average 6) when it comes to 7) depends on 8) built into 9) come to mind 10) at work Increasing Your Word Power 1. Adjectives Nouns Adjectives

Nouns 1) technological technology 6) luxurious luxury 2) eternal eternity 7) leisurely leisure 3) miraculous miracle 8) subjective subject 4) relevant relevance 9) prosperous prosperity 5) analytical Analysis 10) innovative innovation 2. 2) multi-faith 3) multiform 4) multifunction 5) multi-ethnic 6) multilateral 7) multi-lingual 8) multimedia 9) multimillionaire 10) multinational 1) a multi-faith society 2) a multi-lingual secretary 3) a multimillionaire 4) a multinational motor-manufacturing corporation 5) a multifunction video camera

新标准大学英语视听说答案

New Standard English Book 4 Unit 1 Inside view Conversation 1 2. Janet : go back to China,do my master’s (which means going back to university),live in London,become a teacher,work in publishing,apply for a job at London Time Off,update my CV and look for jobs together. Andy: leave London,go to China,look for jobs together. 3. the true statements are 2 and 8. Conversation 2 5. 1.Joe was a gofer before he became a researcher for Lift Off UK. 2.Andy wants Joe’s job as a producer. 6. 1(d) 2(d) 3(a) 4(c) 7. 1 It’s not always very easy working with 2.How did he end up in London 3.the least experienced person 4.He’s good at his job 5.He’s confident and very competent 6.I get on with him quite well Everyday English 8. 1(b) 2(b) 3(a) 4(a) 5(b) Outside view 2. the true statements Samantha agrees with are:1,2,3 and 4. 4. 1.She needs to improve her interview techniques to help her to get a job 2.She doesn’t know how to answer the questions and give answers that might lead her failure in a job interview. 3.She doesn’t understand what the interviewer is actually looking for. 4.That you need to be well prepared for an interview. It boils down to preparation,presentation and understanding what the interviewer is looking for. 5. 1.professional job coach 2.research on the position and the company 3.having not practised with some of the questions 4.how you present yourself 5.what the interviewer is actually looking for 6.preparation,presentation and understanding 7.in relationship to the job 8.some examples in your life 9.dealing with problems 7. the pieces of advice the speakers give are:1,3,5,7,8,9,10 and 11. Listening in Passage 1

新世纪大学英语综合教程第一册课后答案(全)

可编辑 The Answers to Unit 1 Enhance Your Language Awareness (I) Working with Words and Expressions 3. (1) fond of (2) is …related to (3) according to (4) To a certain degree (5) vice versa (6) no doubt (7) rid …of (8) cleared up (9) or else (10) at all costs (11) sure enough (12) let alone (13) similar to (14) It ' HBD use (15) in my opinion (16) was worth (II) Increasing Your Word Power 1. (1) c (2) d (3) b (4) b ⑸ 2. (1) obtain communicate (5) relevant (8) enjoyable (9) means (12) characters (13) astonished (2) confident (4) advantage (6) helpful (10) process (14) apparently ⑶ (7) extreme (11) particularly

2. ⑴ highly/very (2) quite/very quite/very/increasingly (4) quite/simply/very 3. 4. No Mistake especia l especially necessarily f necessary freque nt f freque ntly No Mistake easily f easy No Mistake in dividually f in dividual much f many high f highly appare ntly f appare nt remarkably f remarkable probable f probably No Mistake (III) Grammar Task 1: ⑴ would/should (2) should/would (3) might ⑷ would ⑸ must (6) can' (7) should would (8) must 可编辑

新世纪大学英语综合教程1翻译答案(全)

(1)这个婴儿还不会爬(crawl),更不要说走了。(let alone) The baby can’t even crawl yet, let alone walk! (2)威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。(claim, in one’s opinion) Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder, but in my opinion he told a lie. (3)一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。(to a certain extent, relate …to …, cope with) To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better. (4)根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。(according to) According to the regulation/rule, they both can play the game/participate in the game. (5)有些人想当然地认为日语(Japanese)中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。(assume, equivalent) Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. (6)我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。(relevant) We have passed all relevant information on to the police. (7)关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。(it’s no use) There is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won't answer. (8)事先没有仔细阅读合同(contract)就签了名是吉姆的错误。(on one’s part) It was a mistake on Jim's part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. (9)他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。(provide …with) They refused to provide us with all the information we need. (10) 这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。(similar to) This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. (11)这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。(base on) The film is based on a play by Shakespeare (12)如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。(have an advantage over) If you have a good command of English and computer skills, you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job.

Unit4新世纪大学英语系列教材综合教程2

Unit 4 Text A New words and Expressions 1. respect: n.a particular point or detail Grace was a fine woman — perfect in almost every respect. Collocations: in this respect在这个方面in every respect 在各个方面 in some respects 在有些方面in any respect 在任何方面in no respect绝不 2. as regards:on the subject of; concerning Could you elaborate on your government policy as regards environmental protection? There are no special rules as regards what clothes you should wear. 至于应该穿什么衣服, 并没有硬性规定。 3. cut off: ①to cause sb. to die sooner than is normal 使夭折 Disease cut Smith off in the best part of his life ②to remove sth. (from sth. larger) by cutting切下He cut off a metre of cloth from the roll. ③to stop, interrupt or isolate中断Several villages have been cut off by the snow. ④to separate sth. by cutting it away from the main part 切断Don’t cut your fingers off! 4. inquire: v.to ask for information She inquired of me most politely whether I wished to continue Collocations inquire about查问;查明inquire after问候;问安 inquire for查询(货物);求见inquire into查究;调查 CF: ask, demand, inquire & question这些动词均含有“问”,“询问”之意。 ask最为普通,可与demand, inquire和question换用,但ask用于口语中,指提出问题让人回答。例如: demand指根据自己的权利、职责或身份认为有必要弄清情况而正式发问,常隐含命令对方回答的意味。例如: inquire比较正式,指为得到真实情况而详细询问或调查了解。例如: question指因感到可疑或为了解情况,弄清究竟而发问,有时指一连串的发问。例如:5. part: v.to separate or divide If we must part, I hope we can be friends.如果我们必须分手,我希望我们分了手还是朋友。 6. exclaim: v.to cry out suddenly and loudly for pain, anger, surprise, etc. He could not help exclaiming at how much his son has grown. CF: cry, shout, exclaim & scream这些动词的均有“喊”,“叫”之意。 cry一般指因恐惧、痛苦、惊奇等而喊叫。 shout指有意识地高声喊叫,常用于提出警告、不满、发命令或唤起注意等。 exclaim多指因高兴、愤怒、痛苦、惊讶等突发感情而高声喊叫。 scream指因恐惧、快乐或痛苦而发出尖叫声 7. keen: adj. 1) sharp, active, sensitive Dogs have a keen sense of smell. 2) intense, strong, deep After retirement, he had a keen sense of loss. 退休后,他有一种强烈的失落感。 3) eager, enthusiastic She was not very keen on football. CF: sharp, acute & keen 这些形容词均有“锐利的”,“敏锐的”,“机敏的”之意。

新标准大学英语视听说教程3答案

新标准大学英语视听说教程3答案 Unit 1 Outside view: Activity 1 Correct order: 3, 5, 4, 1, 2 Unit 1 Outside view: Activity 2 Question 1 Key: b Question 2 Key: c Question 3 Key: c Question 4 Key: a Question 5 Key: a Unit 1 Outside view: Activity 3 Row 1: 2 Row 2: 1 Row 3: 4 Row 4: 1 Row 5: 2 Row 6: 1 Row 7: 3 Unit 1 Outside view: Activity 4 Correct order: h, c, b, f, d, a, e, g Unit 1 Listening in: Passage 1 Activity 1 Question 1 Key: c Question 2 Key: d Question 3 Key: a Question 4 Key: b Unit 1 Listening in: Passage 1 Activity 2 Question 1 Key(s): (1) tolerant (2) rounded Question 2 Key(s): (1) close to (2) stand up Question 3 Key(s): (1) beauty (2) generosity Question 4 Key(s): (1) an opportunity (2) beyond the one Question 5 Key(s): (1) behaved (2) selfish Question 6 Key(s): (1) pretend (2) see through Question 7 Key(s): (1) arrived in (2) had to help Ques Key((1) time (2) amou Unit 1 Listening in: Passage 2 Activity 1

新世纪大学英语综合教程1教材答案

新世纪大学英语综合教程1教材答案 The Answers to Unit 1 Enhance Your Language Awareness (I)Working with Words and Expressions 2. (1) obtain (2) confident (3) communicate (4) advantage (5) relevant (6) helpful (7) extreme (8) enjoyable (9) means (10) process (11) particularly (12) characters (13) astonished (14) apparently 3. (1) fond of (2) is…related to (3) according to (4) To a certain degree (5) vice versa (6) no doubt (7) rid… of (8) cleared up (9) or else (10) at all costs (11) sure enough (12) let alone (13) similar to (14) It’s no use (15) in my opinion (16) was worth (II)Increasing Your Word Power 1. (1) c (2) d (3) b (4) b (5) b (6) d 2. (1) highly/very (2) quite/very (3) quite/very/increasingly (4) quite/simply/very 3. 4.No Mistake especial→especially necessarily →necessary frequent → frequently No Mistake easily → easy No Mistake i ndividually → individual m uch → many

新标准大学英语视听说第1册答案

Unit 1 Accad 461352 Bcad Unit 2 257813496 Cdabcbd Deafgbc

go ahead and start,you can go to a restaurant,stay too late,would arrive,everyone tries everything ,you don't like their cooking,that's considered rude,nothing more than that cdbd ehgacbfd Unit 3 234 a centre,words,sentences,a tree,a lot of colours dbab 51,50,12,three and a half months in white coats,my family,almost immediately,words and pictures,a lot of words,read and write,the right time 326154 Bdadd Unit 4 1,4,5,6,8 160,1992,1,000,000,000,20,000,000,000,10, 15,2004,450,2,1,10% 1,4,5 stands for,only,reached,has quickly become,text,up to,By,which is when,As a result,most successful 5,7,4,2,3,6,1 Aadbb 3,4,6,7,8 Unit 5 1,2

新世纪大学英语综合教程第一册课后答案(全)

2. (1) obtain (2) confident (3) communicate (4) advantage (5) relevant (6) helpful (7) extreme (8) enjoyable (9) means (10) process (11) particularly (12) characters (13) astonished (14) apparently 3. (1) fond of (2) is…related to (3) according to (4) To a certain degree (5) vice versa (6) no doubt (7) rid… of (8) cleare d up (9) or else (10) at all costs (11) sure enough (12) let alone (13) similar to (14) It’s no use (15) in my opinion (16) was worth (II)Increasing Your Word Power 1. (1) c (2) d (3) b (4) b

(5) b (6) d

2. (1) highly/very (2) quite/very (3) quite/very/increasingly (4) quite/simply/very 3. 4.No Mistake especial→ especially necessarily → necessary frequent → frequently No Mistake ea sily → easy No Mistake i ndividually → individual m uch → many h igh → highly a pparently → apparent r emarkably → remarkable p robable → probably No Mistake (III)Grammar Task 1: (1)would/should (2) should/would (3) might (4) would

新世纪大学英语(第二版)综合教程1翻译

新世纪大学英语综合教程1 翻译部分 Unit 1 1) 法官要求记者不要公开受害人的姓名。(disclose) The judge asked the reporters not to disclose the name of the victim. 2) 老师费尽苦心务使我们全都理解他说的话。(take pains to do sth.) The teacher took pains to make sure that we all understood what he said. 3) 最近学校在学业优秀的学生中进行了一项调查。(conduct, attain) Recently the school conducted a survey among those students who have attained academic excellence. 4) 他说他要接受这份工作,我们要求他写封信证实。(confirm) He said he would accept the job, so we have asked him to confirm his acceptance by writing us a letter. 5) 乔治学习很努力,他要尽量利用学习的机会。(make the most of) George studies very hard. He wants to make the most of his chance to learn. 6) 我们不能去。第一,天太冷。另外,我们正忙着。(to begin with) We can’t go. To begin with, it’s too cold. Besides, we’re busy. 7) 该是有人公开讲清楚这些基本事实的时候了。(speak up) It’s about time that someone spoke up for these basic truths / facts. 8) 此时此刻你应该工作而不该在床上躺着。(instead of) You should be working instead of lying there in bed at this time of the day. 9) 他发言时,我要记些笔记。(jot down) I’ll jot down some notes while he’s speaking. 10) 我自己无法提起这个箱子,它太重了。(on one’s own) I can’t carry the suitcase on my own; it’s too heavy. Unit 2 1) 这个婴儿还不会爬(crawl),更不要说走了。(let alone) The baby can’t even crawl yet, let alone walk! 2) 威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正和一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。(claim,in one’s opinio n) Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends at the time of the murder, but in my opinion he told a lie. 3) 一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。(to a certain extent, relate …to …, cope with) To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better. 4) 你检查一下引擎(engine)看看出了什么问题好吗?(take a look) Can you take a look at the engine to see what’s wrong? 5) 有些人想当然地认为日语(Japanese)中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。(assume, equivalent) Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6) 我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。(relevant) We have passed all relevant information on to the police. 7) 关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。(it’s no use) There is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer. 8) 事先没有仔细阅读合同(contract)就签了名是吉姆的错误。(on one’s part) It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9) 他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。(provide …with) They refused to provide us with all the information we need. 10) 这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。(similar to) This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11) 这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。(base on)

相关主题