1.无论你是多么的富有经验的演说家，无论你做了多么充分的准备，你都很难在这样嘈杂的招待会上发表演讲No matter how experienced a speaker you are and how well you have prepared your speech you will have difficulty making a speech at such a noisy reception.
2. 就像吉米妹妹的朋友都关心吉米一样，吉米也关心他们Just as all his sister’s friends cared about him Jimmy cared about them.
3.汽车生产商在新车的几处都印有汽车识别号码，以便帮助找回被盗的车辆Car manufacturers stamp a vehicle identification number at several places on new cars to help track down stolen vehicles.
4.老师回来时你敢告状的话，我就不再和你说话了。If you dare tell on me when the teacher gets back I won’t say a word to you any more.
5. 有些老年人愿意独自过日子，但大多数老人选择和女儿一起生活Some elderly people prefer to live on their own while the great majority choose to live with their children.
6.现在需要面对的事情是：如何筹集创建公司所需的资金Here is something that needs to be reckoned with: how to get the necessary finances to establish the company.
1. 被告是位年仅30岁的女子，她坚持称自己无罪The defendant a woman of only 30 kept insisting on her own innocence.
2.总体看来，枣、豆类以及一些多页的绿色蔬菜是最好的铁质来源All tings considered dates beans and some leafy green vegetables are the best sources of iron.
3.正餐时不供应饮料，饮料会影响消化No beverages are served with meals because they interfere with digestion.
4. 考虑到那个地区受欢迎的程度，提前订旅馆是明智的。Taking the popularity of the region into consideration it is advisable to book hotels in advance.
5.服药后若有呕吐感，请立即停止服用并尽快咨询医生If you have a feeling of wanting to throw up after taking this drug stop taking it immediately and consult your doctors as soon as possible.
Summing up the discussion he said both parties should consider the most effective way to solve the problem.
1.在思维方面，与他的行为一样，他是非常传统的In his thinking as in his behavior he is very traditional.
2. 教师一旦同意接受新的教学计划，他们就得面对新计划所带给他们的压力Once the teachers agree to accept the new teaching program they have to face the strain it puts on them.
3.从从长远来看，大学毕业后继续深造而不是直接参加工作是值得的In the long run it is worthwhile to pursue one’s study after graduating from university instead of going to work directly.
4. 由于这所学校的办学宗旨是品德第一，所以道德观和学习成绩受到同样的重视As the school operates on the Character First principle moral values and academic achievements are stressed equally.
5.据说，原定于这个月召开的会议将推迟到下一个月召开It is said that the meeting which is scheduled to be held this month will be put off till next month.
6这所学校吧为学生做好人生准备当作其职责，办法是倡导一整套能使所有学生受益的道德标准The school sees its job as preparing its students for life by cultivating a comprehensive set of principles that can benefit all of them.
1.从各方面考虑，这座城市都是世界上最令人激动的城市Everything considered this city is the world’s most exciting city.
2.2.尽管没有得到父母的赞同，他还是继续他的计划出国学习 Though with no approval from his parents he went ahead with his plan to study abroad.
3.3.这座桥是以一位英雄的名字命名的，这位英雄为人民的事业献出了生命。 The bridge was named after the hero who gave his life for the cause of people.
4.4.据说，画家以他母亲为模特。他的母亲面容沧桑却不是坚定。 It is said that the painter used his mother as the model in the painting whose face represented suffering yet strength.
5.5. 这位作家于1950年因出版一本小说而一举成名，小说的灵感来自于他和一位姑娘在农场的经历。The writer instantly rose to fame in 1950 with the publication of a novel inspired by his experience with a girl on a farm.
6.6. 有个故事说，us是山姆大叔的缩写，山姆大叔原名叫山姆。威尔逊，他曾和一名男子一起工作，这名男子和美国政府签订了一份合同，给军队提供肉食。One story says that “US” was short for “Uncle Sam” whose real name was Sam Wilson who had once worked with a man who had signed a contract with the government to provide meat to the US Army.
1.因此，以盖茨为首席执行官的微软还能走多远依然是个有趣的问题An interesting question therefore remains as to how far Microsoft can go with Gates as its CEO.
2. 抱怨是没有用的，因为抱怨并改变不了什么。重要的是得采取措施预防类似事件发生。There’s/It’s no use complaining since nothing eve r changes as the result of a complaint. What’s important is to take measures to prevent similar events from happiness.
3.要学会接受这样一个事实：有些你认为是朋友的人结果却是敌人 Learn to accept the fact that some people you thought were friends turn out to be enemies.
4.正如你从书名期待的那样，书里多处提到盖茨是个什么样的人。As you would expect from the book’s title, there are many references to what kind of man Gates is.
5.该公司的兴隆源于公司上下人人克勤克俭 The prosperity of the company stems from hardworking and thrifty of the entire staff.
6. 就星期六晚上首次上演的那出戏，他什么也没说。He said nothing at all on the subject of the play which was put on for the first time Saturday night.