搜档网
当前位置:搜档网 › 新编大学英语1翻译答案

新编大学英语1翻译答案

新编大学英语1翻译答案
新编大学英语1翻译答案

1、当我知道详细情况时,我意识到我不该在办公室发脾气。

When I knew the details , I realized that I shouldn’t have lost the temper at the office.

2、我和鲍勃不是很熟,不过我们偶尔出去喝一杯。

I don’t know Bob very well , but we go out for a drink occasionally.

3、会议应该在周二召开,但我们不得不推迟。

The meeting is supposed to be held on Tuesday, but we have to put it off.

4、我国政府采取行动使那个国家的所以中国人回到了祖国。

Our government took action to get all the Chinese back to homeland in that country.

5、包括周末在内,仅仅还有12天时间可以用来买圣诞礼物。

Including the weekend ,there is only 12days to buy Charismas presents.

6、如不立即采取行动,许多野生动物就会因饥饿而死亡。

Without taking action immediately ,many kinds of wild animals would die from hunger.

三、

1、除非你有经验,否则你得不到这份工作。

You won’t got this job unless you have got the experience.

2、我把大部分时间都花在研究中美文化差异上了。

Most of my time is spent studying the differences between Chinese and American culture.

3、这句话意思很清楚,绝不会引起误会。

This sentence is so clear that it can’t cause any misunderstanding.

4、他希望能给予她比现在更多的帮助。

He hopes he could give her more help than he does.

5、要记得邀请她来参加生日晚会,不然她会抱怨的。

Remember to invite her to the birthday party ,or she would complain.

6、主任说,你必须把购置设备的2500美元加到成本中去。

The Director said ,you have to add 2500 dollars for equipment purchase to the cost.

7、了解自己的长处、弱点以及所处的环境很重要。

It’s important to be aware of your strengths, weaknesses and the environment you are in. 8、如果你继续对大家这么粗鲁,不久你就会发现自己什么朋友都没有了。

You will find yourself without any friends at all if you keep on being so rude to everyone. 四、

1、做出贡献的人太多了,无法一一提及。

The individuals who have contributed are far too many to mention.

2、半夜里,嘈杂声把我们吵醒了。

The noise woke us up in the middle of the night.

3、他不应该对我说的话感到生气,那仅仅是个玩笑而已。

He shouldn’t have been angry at what I said, it was nothing more than a joke.

4、我们邀请了所以的朋友去野餐,但是由于下雨只来了其中5位。

We invited all our friends to the picnic ,but it rained and only 5 of them showed up.

5、婚姻被视为一件严肃的事。

Marriage is viewed as a serious matter.

6、令我失望的是,这部电影并不像我期待得那么好。

To my disappointment ,the movie didn’t live up to my expectations.

1、我朋友说她会考虑向学校捐款。

My friend said she would consider making donation to the school.

2、我建议他认真考虑一下,然后再做决定。

I suggest he think carefully about before he makes any decisions.

3、明天约翰可能会来参加聚会。

John is likely to come to party tomorrow.

4、仅有理论知识是不够的,我们还要学会如何将理论应用于实践。

It is not enough to have only theoretical knowledge ,we should learn how to put theory into practice.

5、你本不应该再回到那幢还在燃烧的大楼,你可能会被严重烧伤的。

You should n’t have gone back to the burning building ,you might have been badly burnt.

6、我从来没想过会有问题。

It has never crossed my mind that there might be a problem.

7、查尔斯怕羞,不会主动结交朋友。

Charles is shy and does not take the initiative in making friends.

八、

1、要进行长时间的谈判,才能达成协议。

Long-term negotiations must take place before any agreement can be reached.

2、电脑能储存大量信息。

Computers could store a great deal of information.

3、那个年轻人在24岁时就已经成为一家大公司的CEO。

By the age of 24,the young man had made himself/become CEO of a large company.

4、这位老师知道他所有学生的名字。

This teacher knows all his students by name.

5、警察最终破解了这个疑案。

The police have finally succeed in solving the mystery.

6、他喜欢各种体育运动,特别是篮球。

He likes all kinds of sports ,but most of all basketball.

7、他渴望面对面地见到他最喜爱的流行歌手。

He is eager to meet his favorite pop singer face to face.

8、他们因为有共同的兴趣爱好而相爱。

They fell in love with each other because they had common interests.

九、

1、演讲的主题已提早一星期宣布,而主持人的名字却没有宣布。

The topic of speech was announced a week in advance ,but the name of speaker was not.

2、居然还有学生在考试之前踢足球,这似乎令人难以置信。

It’s incredible that some students played football just before the exams.

3、奥登先生是一个快乐的人,他从帮助别人之中获得乐趣。

Mr. Auden is a happy man ,who derives pleasure from helping others.

新编大学英语第三册课文翻译共23页

Unit 1 羞怯的痛苦 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。 很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。 相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。 能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持

不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。 如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感:1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。 2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。 3.内疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。 4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。 5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。 6.接受批评时要缜密思考。不要把批评理解为人身攻击。例如,如果一位朋友抱怨你的烹饪技术,要把这当成对你的烹饪技术而不是对你本人的评价而接受下来。放心,你们还是好朋友,但你的烹饪技术也许确实

Unit-10-Agriculture新编大学英语第二版第一册课文翻译讲课稿

Unit 10 Agriculture Farming for the Future [1] Every year, more people face poverty and hunger and more of the earth's resources are ruined. The problems are enormous, but many experts believe that the situation is not hopeless. The solution will require big changes in how we think about agriculture, food, and our planet. [2] First of all, farmers everywhere need to develop methods that are less destructive to the environment. The change from single crop farming to a mixed crop system would be one important step. The planting of several different crops improves the soil and helps prevent erosion. Erosion could also be prevented by planting trees to protect the fields from the wind. Another way farmers could improve the soil is to avoid deep plowing. In fact, only a slight plowing is necessary if proper methods are used. [3] If the soil were treated better, farmers would not need to use chemical fertilizers. They could use natural animal and vegetable products instead. With mixed crops, farmers would need fewer toxic chemical insecticides. They could use biological methods of controlling insects and disease. [4] Farmers could also help save the earth's precious supplies of water and petroleum. To save water, they could plant more water-efficient plants instead of the standard types of wheat or corn. They could also use watering systems that are much less wasteful. To save petroleum, farmers could make use of bio-gas generators which could be fueled by the vegetable and animal wastes of the farms. In less-developed countries, bio-gas generators could reduce the need for firewood and so help save forests, as well. [5] In less-developed countries, the small farmers need help. They need to learn more about crops that are better suited to local conditions. They need to learn how to limit erosion and make the best use of their resources. These farmers will never be successful without land and economic reform. This should be the aim of governments and international agencies. The current industrial and cash crop policies are only making the situation worse. [6] Industrialized countries could use their economic resources to help bring about these changes. They could make some changes in their own policies. At present, much food is wasted in these countries for political reasons. In Europe and in North America, tons of fruit and dairy products are thrown away every year. Eating habits, too, could be changed in these countries. For example, people often eat foods from distant places instead of local foods. The transportation of the imported foods adds to the global pollution problem. People in industrialized countries also eat a lot of meat, especially beef.

新编大学英语4课文翻译(包括课后文章翻译)和答案

Reading comprehension 1略 2 BDCAC AADBB Vocabulary 1. 1) A. entertaining B. entertainment C. entertained D. entertainer 2) A. recognizable B. recognized C. recognition 3) A. tempting B. temptation C. tempt 4) A. reasoned B. reasoning C. reasonable D. reason 5) A. analyzed B. analytical C. analyst D. analysis 6) A. valuable B. valuation C. valued/values D. values 7) A. humorist B. humor C. humorous D. humorless 8) A. understandable B. understanding C. understand D. misunderstood 2. 1) a sense of responsibility 2) a sense of safety/security 3) a sense of inferiority 4) a sense of superiority 5) a sense of rhythm 6) a sense of justice 7) a sense of shame 8) a sense of helplessness 9) a sense of direction 10) a sense of urgency 3. 1) Lively behavior is normal 2) Fast cars appeal to 3) diverse arguments 4) I asked my boss for clarification 5) sensitive to light 6) Mutual encouragement 7) made fun of him 8) persists in his opinion/viewpoint 9) to be the focus/center of attention 10) we buy our tickets in advance 4. 1)certain/sure 2) involved 3) end 4) behavior 5) disciplining 6) agreed 7) individually 8) first 9) response 10) question 11) attempt 12) voice 13) directly 14) followed 15) trouble Unit 2 便笺的力量 Reading comprehension 1略 2 FFTFTFTFTTFTFT Vocabulary 1. Creating Compound Words

新编大学英语1翻译答案

一、 1、当我知道详细情况时,我意识到我不该在办公室发脾气。 When I knew the details ,I realized that I shouldn’t have lost the temper at the office. 2、我和鲍勃不是很熟,不过我们偶尔出去喝一杯。 I don’t know Bob very well ,but we go out for a drink occasionally. 3、会议应该在周二召开,但我们不得不推迟。 The meeting is supposed to be held on Tuesday, but we have to put it off. 4、我国政府采取行动使那个国家的所以中国人回到了祖国。 Our government took action to get all the Chinese back to homeland in that country. 5、包括周末在内,仅仅还有12天时间可以用来买圣诞礼物。 Including the weekend ,there is only 12days to buy Charismas presents. 6、如不立即采取行动,许多野生动物就会因饥饿而死亡。 Without taking action immediately ,many kinds of wild animals would die from hunger. 三、 1、除非你有经验,否则你得不到这份工作。 You won’t got this job unless you have got the experience. 2、我把大部分时间都花在研究中美文化差异上了。 Most of my time is spent studying the differences between Chinese and American culture. 3、这句话意思很清楚,绝不会引起误会。 This sentence is so clear that it can’t cause any misunderstanding. 4、他希望能给予她比现在更多的帮助。 He hopes he could give her more help than he does. 5、要记得邀请她来参加生日晚会,不然她会抱怨的。 Remember to invite her to the birthday party ,or she would complain. 6、主任说,你必须把购置设备的2500美元加到成本中去。 The Director said ,you have to add 2500 dollars for equipment purchase to the cost. 7、了解自己的长处、弱点以及所处的环境很重要。 It’s important to be aware of your strengths, weaknesses and the environment you are in. 8、如果你继续对大家这么粗鲁,不久你就会发现自己什么朋友都没有了。 You will find yourself without any friends at all if you keep on being so rude to everyone. 四、 1、做出贡献的人太多了,无法一一提及。 The individuals who have contributed are far too many to mention. 2、半夜里,嘈杂声把我们吵醒了。 The noise woke us up in the middle of the night. 3、他不应该对我说的话感到生气,那仅仅是个玩笑而已。 He shouldn’t have been angry at what I said, it was nothing more than a joke. 4、我们邀请了所以的朋友去野餐,但是由于下雨只来了其中5位。 We invited all our friends to the picnic ,but it rained and only 5 of them showed up. 5、婚姻被视为一件严肃的事。 Marriage is viewed as a serious matter. 6、令我失望的是,这部电影并不像我期待得那么好。 To my disappointment ,the movie didn’t live up to my expectations. 七、

新编大学英语综合教程3课文翻译

Unit 1 Personality In-Class Reading 羞怯的痛苦 1 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。 2 很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。 3 相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。 4能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。 5 如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感: 6 1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。 7 2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。 8 3.疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。 9 4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。 10 5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。

新编大学英语4unit2book4听力原文和答案核对版

Part 1 Listening 1 Ex1: C A D C B Ex2: 1) approaching 2) left 3) toilet 4) locked 5) Tickets please 6) pushed 7) stamped Scripts: Two Belgians and two Dutchmen traveled regularly to work on the same train. After a while the Dutchmen saw that the two Belgians only had one ticket between them and asked how they managed to achieve this. The Belgians explained that when they heard the conductor approaching from the other end of the carriage, the two of them left their seats, went into the toilet and locked the door. When the conductor knocked on the toilet door, saying, "Tickets, please!", they pushed one ticket under the door. It was then stamped and pushed back under the door again. The Dutchmen thought this was a very good idea and the following morning bought one ticket between them. When they got to their carriage there was only one Belgian. They told him what they had done and asked the Belgian if he had a ticket as he was traveling on his own. The Belgian said he did not have a ticket at all and when they asked how he proposed to manage to travel free of charge, he told them they would have to wait and see until the conductor arrived, but he had no doubt that he would manage it without difficulty. As soon as they heard the conductor coming, the two Dutchmen immediately went to the toilet and locked the door. A few moments later, the Belgian followed them down the corridor and knocked on the toilet door, saying, "Tickets, please!" One ticket appeared under the door. Questions: 1. Where did the story take place 2. What did the two Dutchmen want to know from the two Belgians 3. How did the Dutchmen feel about the Belgians' behavior 4. What did the Belgian do when asked if he had a ticket 5. Who finally managed to travel free of charge Listening 2 Ex1: 1 department store 2. attend college 3. difficult 4. physical education 5. terrified Ex2: FTTFT Scripts: My name is Atsuko Saeki. I work as a salesclerk in a big department store in Fuji, Japan. Six years ago when I was 21 years old, I went to California to attend college. Life in the United States was much more difficult than I had ever imagined. It wasn't like the descriptions I had read in my textbooks. People often seemed tense and so I felt very alone. One of my hardest classes was physical education. We often played volleyball. All the other students were good at it, but I clearly wasn't. One afternoon, the teacher asked me to hit the ball to my classmates. For most people, this would be easy but I was terrified that I would make a fool of myself. When one of the boys on my team saw how nervous I was, he walked up to me and whispered, "Come on, you can do that." You can't imagine how those words of encouragement made me feel. I was so happy that I almost cried. I managed to hit the ball and I think I thanked the young man, but I'm not sure. I have never forgotten his kind words of encouragement. He probably doesn't even remember what he said to me or how much his kindness meant to me. Whenever things aren't going well, I think of those simple words of encouragement: Come on, you can do that.

Unit-6-A-World-of-Mystery新编大学英语第二版第一册课文翻译

Unit 6 A World of Mystery The Bermuda Triangle [1] On 5th December 1945, Flight 19, which consisted of five US Navy planes, took off from Fort Lauderdale, Florida in fine weather. There was a total of fourteen men on board the planes. The planes were in good condition; they had the best equipment on board including compasses and radios, and they also carried life rafts. The planes could float on water for ninety seconds. One and a half hours after the take-off, a radio message from one of the planes was heard at the control tower at Fort Lauderdale. [2] "I don't know where we are." [3] After that the planes could no longer speak to the control tower, but they could speak to and hear each other, and the control tower could hear them. [4] "The magnetic compass is going crazy." [5] "We're completely lost." [6] No other messages were heard after that. Nobody else heard from the planes or saw them again. Three hundred planes and many boats searched the area, but not one trace of Flight 19 was found. Then one of the planes that was sent to look for them also disappeared completely. [7] These planes had disappeared in a very mysterious part of the world in the western Atlantic Ocean where lots of strange events have taken place. The mystery started long before 1945, and since that year many other ships and planes have also disappeared in this area. It is called the Bermuda Triangle. It is a large, triangular area of the ocean with the island of Bermuda at its northern tip. [8] Planes and ships disappear in other parts of the world, but there are more disappearances in the Triangle than in other areas. For years now scientists and others have been puzzled by this mystery. There have been many attempts to explain why people, planes and ships disappear in such high numbers here . [9] One writer, John Spencer, believes that the ships and planes have been carried off from the sea and sky by flying saucers or UFOs from another planet. Since there are millions of other planets in the universe, Spencer believes there must be other intelligent creatures somewhere in the universe. These creatures are interested in collecting humans and their equipment so that they can examine them carefully. [10] Another theory is that the geography of the area is responsible for the disappearances of the ships and planes. Bermuda lies on an earthquake belt. Underwater earthquakes result in large waves appearing suddenly. These waves are so big that they can break a ship into pieces. In the air, a similar thing can happen to airplanes because of

新编大学英语3读写译课文翻译

Unit 1 Personality 羞怯的痛苦 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感:1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。3.内疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。6.接受批评时要缜密思考。不要把批评理解为人身攻击。例如,如果一位朋友抱怨你的烹饪技术,要把这当成对你的烹饪技术而不是对你本人的评价而接受下来。放心,你们还是好朋友,但你的烹饪技术也许确实有待改进。7.记住,每个人都会经历一些失败和挫折。要把它们作为增长见识的经历,从中受益。挫折往往会成为转机,随之而来的将是一段美妙绝伦的经历。例如,你可能被你所中意的大学拒之门外。然而,在你就读的大学里,你可能发现这里教育的某一特点比你料想的好得多。8.有些人会使你感到自己无能,不要和这种人交往。去设法改变他们对你的态度或者改变你对自己的态度,要不就脱离这种关系。伤害你的人并不关心你的最大利益。9.留出时间休息,享受自己的业余爱好,并且定期地重新审定自己的目标。为此所花费的时间有助于更好地了解你自己。10.多在社交场合中锻炼。不要把自己同他人隔离开来。设法一次结识一位朋友;最终你将能够娴熟而自信地在众人中周旋。我们每个人都是独一无二、难能可贵的个体。我们自有吸引人的地方。我们对自己了解得越多,就越容易充分发挥自己的潜力。不要让羞怯成为阻碍我们拥有丰富和成功生活的绊脚石。 Unit3 Social Problems

新编大学英语3课文原文

Book 3 Unit 1 Personality The Misery of Shyness Shyness is the cause of much unhappiness for a great many people. All kinds of people describe themselves as shy: short, tall, dull, intelligent, young, old, slim, overweight. Shy people are anxious and self-conscious; that is, they are excessively concerned with their own appearance and actions. Worrisome thoughts are constantly swirling in their minds: What kind of impression am I making? Do they like me? Do I sound stupid? I'm ugly. I'm wearing unattractive clothes. It is obvious that such uncomfortable feelings must affect people adversely. A person's self-concept is reflected in the way he or she behaves, and the way a person behaves affects other people's reactions. In general, the way people think about themselves has a profound effect on all areas of their lives. For instance, people who have a positive sense of self-worth or high self-esteem usually act with confidence. Because they have self-assurance, they do not need constant praise and encouragement from others to feel good about themselves. Self-confident people participate in life enthusiastically and spontaneously. They are not affected by what others think they "should" do. People with high self-esteem are not hurt by criticism; they do not regard criticism as a personal attack. Instead, they view a criticism as a suggestion for improvement. In contrast, shy people, having low self-esteem, are likely to be passive and easily influenced by others. They need reassurance that they are doing "the right thing". Shy people are very sensitive to criticism; they feel it confirms their inferiority. They also find it difficult to be pleased by compliments because they believe they are unworthy of praise. A shy person may respond to a compliment with a statement like this one: "You're just saying that to make me feel good. I know it's not true." It is clear that, while self-awareness is a healthy quality, overdoing it is detrimental, or harmful. Can shyness be completely eliminated, or at least reduced? Fortunately, people can overcome shyness with determined and patient effort in building self-confidence. Since shyness goes hand in hand with lack of self-esteem, it is important for people to accept their weaknesses as well as their strengths. For example, most people would like to be "A" students in every subject. It is not fair for them to label themselves as inferior because they have difficulty in some areas. People's expectations of themselves must be realistic. Dwelling on the impossible leads to a sense of inadequacy, and even feelings of envy, or jealousy. We

相关主题